Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

How To Read Apocalyptic Literature In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Read Apocalyptic Literature In The Bible (167 Views)

Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / Apostle Suleman: 'Don't Come To Church With Phones, IPad To Read Bible' / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Read Apocalyptic Literature In The Bible by jamesid29(m): 10:24am On Aug 08, 2020
Usually when a major event shocks the world like the rise of the 3rd Reich and the second world war or the current Covid-19 pandemic, we usually try and find meaning and solace in apocalyptic literatures like parts of the book of Daniel, the book of Revelation, parts of Ezekiel etc (popularly known as end time scriptures).
Problem is, these books are usually misunderstood and misinterpreted because of the heavy symbolisms and language used in them which are unfamiliar to us. Below is a very short and interactive video on how to read these types of literature more accurately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNDX4tUdj1Y

Its a pretty good introductory video for most people.
For anyone who wants to take a deeper dive into how to read these books better (especially for those in pastoral ministry), there are some really good resources out there that can help.
I.e https://www.logos.com/guides/commentaries/best-commentaries-revelation and a host of others.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19: Rccg,deeper Life,christ Embassy,others Reopen Over 10,000 Churches / What Maturity Really Means / Please Help!! Is Corona Virus A Curse Or A Blessing Tho Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.