Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 (18923 Views)

COVID-19: 160 Nigerians Return From USA / Air Peace: Allen Onyema Crying As Nigerians Return From South Africa / 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
Why?
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Golan007: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
Prechgold1180:
oga you yourself know that nigeria ll never be great
We have never been great before
O sorry I forgot we are great in corruption
Rubbish

It will never be great for you in Nigeria and wherever you go.

No be curse na fact.

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by kkulaja(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
ForeThinker:
I am homesick for a place I am not sure even exists. One where my heart is full. My body loved. And my soul understood.

Heaven

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Franking: 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

You're frustrated and you need to calm down.

Nigeria will never attend the level of true federalism by a mere online curses.....

You have to be logical and reasonable. Be constructive and proffer solutions or way forward. If you don't have ideas to pushing the country forward, seeking for Biafra by cursing a country that you're currently a part of is not sensible....

Who cursed who? I don't see any curse there. If u want to continue believing in Nigeria then clearly u are not being realistic. Some countries need to split to achieve their potentials. Everyone wishes Nigeria can be great but it takes more than wishes to achieve greatness. Nigerians are tribalistic thus better we split.

U should stop abusing people who don't share ur one Nigeria dream and finally, leave Biafra out of ur diatribe. Biafra is not the one stealing all Nigeria's money neither is it Biafra that is causing the violence in parts of the north.

We understand that Igbos and Biafra are soft targets where frustrated goats and rams will take a shot at. Ur shots, however, are meaningless. Be guided.

4 Likes

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Peteru1st(m): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
welcome back fellas, we die here together!!!
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Prechgold1180(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
Golan007:

No be curse na fact.
Smiles bro my curse wey u talk about make sense pass greatness wey u dey seek

Nur b everyone getro like u
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Prechgold1180(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

We'll be great.

Whether you believe or you don't believe in this country. I believe that Nigeria will grow better and we'll breed great leaders in the future.
Bro just accept d bitter truth
Even our upcoming politicians don dey worst pass our bitter present leaders
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by captaininiobong(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
shiiiiiiiiit niggar , you nor see green pasture ?

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by West2019(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lizzie Nigeria youths, I have 2.m looking to find my way to American ,Nigeria done spoil is better I die in American than due here in this stupid Buhari country .
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Excuses: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
The news say stranded Nigerians in US, meaning they didn't go legally, now what covid 19 why did expose us, how are we gonna go back after covid 19..

2 Likes

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by oluwaahmed: 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
Golan007:

No be curse na fact.

When has Nigeria ever been great? Tell me one aspect of basic life that Nigeria has been great at. The British just gathered their conquered regions to form a slave Republic for the plunder of our resources and you are proud of being a house negro. Other African countries changed the slave names the British gave them except nigeria. Gold Coast changed to Ghana, Rhodesia changed to Zimbabwe, Botswana, Angola etc all changed their slaves name, today those countries are better than us in all aspects of life. A banker friend of mine told me when he started working in 2010 his salary was 200k (>$1k) now he's salary is 400k (<$1k). May you experience the progress nigeria has made over the years ase!
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by YorubaKinging: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
This is a wishful thinking

NIgeria is gone already

yanabasee1:
Together, Nigeria will be great again.....

We welcome them and the bulk of knowledge from overseas and their experience to be put into developing our dear country.....
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
Is not insane?? Returning to a country with already scarce amenities when you dey in the midst of abundance in the US .

Welcome back to poverty capital
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
GodpunishBuhari:

Am not a part of ya country , enjoy the misrule and marginalization of minorities...

It's obvious isn't it
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by MetaPhysical: 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

We welcome them and the bulk of knowledge from overseas and their experience to be put into developing our dear country.....

grin grin
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Kuginzi: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
GodpunishBuhari:

Am not a part of ya country , enjoy the misrule and marginalization of minorities...
Reading through your comment, I guess you're an IPOB!

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Kenn55: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
Matrimonous:
So US no dey reign again? grin grin

These are people who went to the US for other things apart from staying permanently. Some went to visit their children, some went for business, some went for seminar etc but got stuck due to covid19. You don't expect them to come back? Or do you think people coming back are people who are permanent residents and citizens? grin In case you don't know there are more than 250,000 Nigerians living permanently in the US, you can google it

5 Likes

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Thenorth(m): 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

You're frustrated and you need to calm down.

Nigeria will never attend the level of true federalism by a mere online curses.....

You have to be logical and reasonable. Be constructive and proffer solutions or way forward. If you don't have ideas to pushing the country forward, seeking for Biafra by cursing a country that you're currently a part of is not sensible....
pls stop trying to convince this guy...

people like him will never understand and beside check his name... e Don prove everything
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by 360command: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2020
brainpulse:
They all thought it is easy there. Where is the free money US government pays, where is the free provisions & groceries Canadian government shares around? They should have stayed behind to enjoy it na.

If you have been stranded before, nobody will tell you it is convenient to chop your gari with happiness in Nigeria than leave in another mans land where even your close friends & family will abandon you.

bro, stop all your rubbish write up. If you have not traveled, don't write what you don't know. The govt of Canada actually do give benefits to immigrants and its citizens, even if you are in Canada on asylum, they still help you out.

All those Nigerians who got back, home is home,I won't take that away but if those Nigerians are not involved in any form of big level govt jobs, entrepreneurial skills, na Sahara. somebody who is working in a mental home in the USA without papers is doing fine.and even when you have your shit together in north America, the sky is your limit. I have friends who are nurses earning 70,000usd to 100,000usd (though u go work) per year. Can a nurse in Nigeria earn 30,000usd a year?

A Nigerian girl friend called her people back home in Nigeria, guess what , No light. I do not think I can eat my garri in happiness where there is darkness. I rather eat that Garri in happiness in a country like Benin republic not Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by donoso: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Welcome back.

This year's summer is really saddening. Less cash flow. The wealthy class fortunes are just banked in their safe holes.

Money isn't circulating.

Open the borders and let connectivity resume.

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by persius555(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
This won't stop the rich from leaving
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by bigpicture001: 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2020
F. G IS WASTING MONEY ON PEOPLE that camping to holiday and see their families in naija

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by ajl: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
brainpulse:
They all thought it is easy there. Where is the free money US government pays, where is the free provisions & groceries Canadian government shares around? They should have stayed behind to enjoy it na.

If you have been stranded before, nobody will tell you it is convenient to chop your gari with happiness in Nigeria than leave in another mans land where even your close friends & family will abandon you.

It's OYO in western world. You are on your own. If anyone promised to support you, and if you are lucky they did, it can only be for weeks or few months.
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by ovie8200: 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

Stupidity at the highest. This are students and others who came to visit for one thing or the others.

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
360command:
bro, stop all your rubbish write up. If you have not traveled, don't write what you don't know. The govt of Canada actually do give benefits to immigrants and its citizens, even if you are in Canada on asylum, they still help you out.

All those Nigerians who got back, home is home,I won't take that away but if those Nigerians are not involved in any form of big level govt jobs, entrepreneurial skills, na Sahara. somebody who is working in a mental home in the USA without papers is doing fine.and even when you have your shit together in north America, the sky is your limit. I have friends who are nurses earning 70,000usd to 100,000usd (though u go work) per year. Can a nurse in Nigeria earn 30,000usd a year?

A Nigerian girl friend called her people back home in Nigeria, guess what , No light. I do not think I can eat my garri in happiness where there is darkness. I rather eat that Garri in happiness in a country like Benin republic not Nigeria..

Watch and read comments.

There's no place like home.

https://twitter.com/BaronStrucker/status/1291731121756086272?s=19
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by ajl: 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
bigpicture001:
F. G IS WASTING MONEY ON PEOPLE that camping to holiday and see their families in naija

So, you mean someone who is well settled in the US will abandon his immediate family and work there and come visit extended family in Nigeria without hope of knowing when to return back to US since US airports are closed. I was in Nigeria just some months ago immediately before the pandemic blew up, and now am supposed to return for a very important assignment. If it's that easy, I would have hopped on that plane with those returnees. Those individuals were mainly in US temporarily and their main live is in Nigeria. I am sure some of them may have immediate family in the US but their source livelihood is in Nigeria. I have met many of such Nigerians. Moreso, there will be students among them.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airport Officials Collecting Money In Place Of COVID-19 Test - Sahara Reporters / How Much Is Transport From Lagos To Delta State? / Trailer Falls In Agege Railway Crossing This Morning - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.