Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 (18954 Views)

COVID-19: 160 Nigerians Return From USA / Air Peace: Allen Onyema Crying As Nigerians Return From South Africa / 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Kaylet: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
Most of the evacuation isn't done by the government of Nigeria but of the other side.

So, please get the right information well. The government of the other countries are willing to assist but Nigeria govt isn't willing to give them landing.

On the issue of shared knowledge:
Nigerians are the problem of this country, when we're ready for a change, we'll change.

I rented an apartment, only to discover that the wiring connection to the house isn't good, the neutral wire isn't good. There's an outstanding bill of 135k on the bill.

The landlady sent a representative to come loosen something from the house after I've packed him, I told the man it's not done, the next thing the man flare up.

We can make a difference and the country can be great when we are ready.

I support disintegration

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Tywo2018: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
What u don't know 99.99% as there US Passports or Green card.

Their village people have succeeded.[/quote]
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2020
ovie8200:

Stop your stupidity ok. This are students or others who came for visit for one thing or the other and they are stranded due to COVID-19. Tell what is there to come home for? Do you see the suffering in that country?

Watch and read comments.

https://twitter.com/DeeWall77749076/status/1290947670685749248?s=19
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by ajl: 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kaylet:
Most of the evacuation isn't done by the government of Nigeria but of the other side.

So, please get the right information well. The government of the other countries are willing to assist but Nigeria govt isn't willing to give them landing.

On the issue of shared knowledge:
Nigerians are the problem of this country, when we're ready for a change, we'll change.

I rented an apartment, only to discover that the wiring connection to the house isn't good, the neutral wire isn't good. There's an outstanding bill of 135k on the bill.

The landlady sent a representative to come loosen something from the house after I've packed him, I told the man it's not done, the next thing the man flare up.

We can make a difference and the country can be great when we are ready.

I support disintegration

Most Nigerians back home are not normal or rational human beings. Once I needed to rent apartment while in Nija for a long term project. I had to abandon the idea after visiting several apartments, seeing that people who are renting out the places did not care about the state of the apartments. All they wanted was the money. There was no commitment to offer value in return. Same reason Nigerians can't build great products or offer excellent services. The goal is just to collect your money and move on to the next person. I ended up staying in an hotel for 3months.

And on that disintegration idea, ummm! That come with a lot of risks and no one know how and where it would take the regional units. The wolves are on the sideline with their "forks and knives". If Nigerians are familiar with international politics and neo-colonialism, they wouldn't wish a disintegration now, most especially a violent one. Look at DR Congo. The wolves are having a field day there.

3 Likes

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by MaziIgwe007: 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:
Together, Nigeria will be great again.....

We welcome them and the bulk of knowledge from overseas and their experience to be put into developing our dear country.....

Does your country have jobs to give them so they can share the experience like u said??
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by segzy3(m): 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
Welcome home.i thought everything is rosy overthere.
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by NwaIgboBoy(m): 2:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
but why would a sane person return from US to Nigeria?

I dey mad?
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by ajl: 2:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
usagee36:
Fake news. Who will leave sweet America as a citizen or permanent resident to come to Nigeria Muslims slutter Christians like chicken. Unemployment benefits in America is $390 weekly plus another $600 weekly Making $990 weekly since Convid19 started. A country you will work and make almost N200k a day. Fake news!!!

That your $390 doesn't apply nationally. And you just saved all that, right? The party will soon be over. In fact, it has end for now.
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by ajl: 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
NwaIgboBoy:
but why would a sane person return from US to Nigeria?

I dey mad?

When your eyes clear, you will start thinking right and hope to live in your own country.

2 Likes

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by AngelicBeing: 2:35pm On Aug 08, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by AngelicBeing: 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
Franking:

Who cursed who? I don't see any curse there. If u want to continue believing in Nigeria then clearly u are not being realistic. Some countries need to split to achieve their potentials. Everyone wishes Nigeria can be great but it takes more than wishes to achieve greatness. Nigerians are tribalistic thus better we split.

U should stop abusing people who don't share ur one Nigeria dream and finally, leave Biafra out of ur diatribe. Biafra is not the one stealing all Nigeria's money neither is it Biafra that is causing the violence in parts of the north.

We understand that Igbos and Biafra are soft targets where frustrated goats and rams will take a shot at. Ur shots, however, are meaningless. Be guided.
l concur with you, leave that mugu to be yarning nonsense, even most of the political thieves in Abuja making useless laws for the country that has crippled Nigeria do not believe in that contraption called Nigeria, some of them all have 2ND foreign passport, nonsense and Buhari cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by teekay021: 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

You're frustrated and you need to calm down.

Nigeria will never attend the level of true federalism by a mere online curses.....

You have to be logical and reasonable. Be constructive and proffer solutions or way forward. If you don't have ideas to pushing the country forward, seeking for Biafra by cursing a country that you're currently a part of is not sensible....
See your sense of humor is mighty and acknowledged.
But when ever someone gave belittling and degrading remark people tend to question moral and optimism. Have always baffle with African view of pressing matters of political and national importance is either we introduce by cliche of devine intervention or rather affirmation of faith (nija go better! )Since infant till i became a grown ass man the status quo never change. Let me ask you .. do you know we might never witness 24hours electricity in our existence, good road and standard hospital, and quality
of life is deteriorating. Ill tell you why I'm approaching 40 I have some friends in their 50 some have deid and we that are still here is anticipating when and how nija go better , Let me ask you is it a shortage of resources or leadership? None i guess because we have evolve over the years by canonizing courruption and celebrating mediocrity. I can get belize passport and some other escaping route avenue . Where electricity and food will never be major concerns , this remedy i propose or nothing except if we ill forge a strong repulsive solidarity movement to change the pattern and style of governmwnt in the county its not working.

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by AngelicBeing: 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
oluwaahmed:

When has Nigeria ever been great? Tell me one aspect of basic life that Nigeria has been great at. The British just gathered their conquered regions to form a slave Republic for the plunder of our resources and you are proud of being a house negro. Other African countries changed the slave names the British gave them except nigeria. Gold Coast changed to Ghana, Rhodesia changed to Zimbabwe, Botswana, Angola etc all changed their slaves name, today those countries are better than us in all aspects of life. A banker friend of mine told me when he started working in 2010 his salary was 200k (>$1k) now he's salary is 400k (<$1k). May you experience the progress nigeria has made over the years ase!
grin
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by cococandy(f): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
I don land naija. What’s up people?
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by omoyankee3(m): 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
It is well
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by planetx: 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
If any man has ear let him ear, if you are in the US you better start thinking of coming back to Nigeria at least for now until the dust settles. That country is going to be hit by a devastating second wave that will lead to a very extended lockdown and basically economic collapse and massive job losses that as started already .Don't ask how I know but the signs are there for those who have discernment.

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by planetx: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
Chioma1989:
I always feel sad whenever I hear foreign airlines bringing back stranded Nigerians. This is something Nigerian airways should be doing if had one . I don't know why people are attacking the returnees for coming back. Not everyone wants to live abroad permanently. Some went to US for studies, business, visit,program and child birth and all of a sudden the air ways were shut.

They are not hustlers but went on a legitimate mission. My wife's friend have been there since February. She went to give birth and is finding difficult to return as she is spending heavily over there. She was supposed to come back in march. Now she is paying additional rent, incurring more cost and the husband is almost running out of money because of slash in his salary in Nigeria caused by corona. The man is complaining bitterly. She has not been able to secure a space in any of the evacuations carried out by Nigerian embassy in US.
People attacking them for returning have never left the shores of Nigeria. Only someone that have never entered a plane before will think people evacuating from the US back to Nigeria during this Covid era are crazy.

1 Like

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by favinvest: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
see, right now if u re not a legal resident or citizen of most countries in the Western world.. na hunger go kill us..,

there is no job not even talk about side hustle..,

the govt. COVID-19 welfare fund is only for legal resident or citizen.

2 Likes

Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Henrydata(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
Alight oo
Mainwhile check my signature
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by bigcasava1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:
Together, Nigeria will be great again.....

We welcome them and the bulk of knowledge from overseas and their experience to be put into developing our dear country.....
mind you not under this heartless govt
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Ihatemumu: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

You're frustrated and you need to calm down.

Nigeria will never attend the level of true federalism by a mere online curses.....

You have to be logical and reasonable. Be constructive and proffer solutions or way forward. If you don't have ideas to pushing the country forward, seeking for Biafra by cursing a country that you're currently a part of is not sensible....

Sadly, even though I wish well for Nigeria, we simply cannot work together towards building this nation because of the high level of tribalism and hatred for each other. it is the sad reality
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by able20(m): 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
Chukwutobi:
What are they coming back to do?
You think say them be homeless nee.
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by andycom(m): 4:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

We'll be great.

Whether you believe or you don't believe in this country. I believe that Nigeria will grow better and we'll breed great leaders in the future.

Las Las you'll definitely be disappointed
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by dometome: 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

We'll be great.

Whether you believe or you don't believe in this country. I believe that Nigeria will grow better and we'll breed great leaders in the future.
hahahahaha! I'm there year 10,000. Please give me a break.
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by dometome: 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
Franking:

Who cursed who? I don't see any curse there. If u want to continue believing in Nigeria then clearly u are not being realistic. Some countries need to split to achieve their potentials. Everyone wishes Nigeria can be great but it takes more than wishes to achieve greatness. Nigerians are tribalistic thus better we split.

U should stop abusing people who don't share ur one Nigeria dream and finally, leave Biafra out of ur diatribe. Biafra is not the one stealing all Nigeria's money neither is it Biafra that is causing the violence in parts of the north.

We understand that Igbos and Biafra are soft targets where frustrated goats and rams will take a shot at. Ur shots, however, are meaningless. Be guided.
Finaly! Someone with a functional brain. Keep it up
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by Lambarry1: 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
This news is stale
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by DIGIMARKETER(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
brainpulse:
They all thought it is easy there. Where is the free money US government pays, where is the free provisions & groceries Canadian government shares around? They should have stayed behind to enjoy it na.

If you have been stranded before, nobody will tell you it is convenient to chop your gari with happiness in Nigeria than leave in another mans land where even your close friends & family will abandon you.

WOW..May their path not cross a nigerian like you. You are very clueless
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by DIGIMARKETER(m): 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Faithful007:
Coded international flight for people that have the money. Very soon the plane will evacuate another set of people back to the US. Evacuation indeed grin grin grin

If you know, you know
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by DIGIMARKETER(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
planetx:
If any man has ear let him ear, if you are in the US you better start thinking of coming back to Nigeria at least for now until the dust settles. That country is going to be hit by a devastating second wave that will lead to a very extended lockdown and basically economic collapse and massive job losses that as started already .Don't ask how I know but the signs are there for those who have discernment.

Sharp mind
Re: 325 Nigerians Return From US, Total Now 1,739 by usagee36: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ended or not, still better than Nigeria is what am saying.
ajl:

That your $390 doesn't apply nationally. And you just saved all that, right? The party will soon be over. In fact, it has end for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pretty Lady Shares Inspiring Photos Six Weeks After A Traumatic Car Accident / Container Falls On A Company's Fence In Lagos. Photos / Benue Flood: Flood Hits Makurdi Again, Renders Many Homeless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.