Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai (1328 Views)

Zulum: Why Power Should Shift To South In 2023 / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 / Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Wisdomkosi(m): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2020
Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift to the South in 2023 - Gov. el-Rufai

Nasir El-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State has said that Nigeria’s next president in 2023 should emerge from the southern part of the country.

Governor El-Rufai said this on Saturday in an interview with the BBC Hausa Service monitored by IGBERE TV.

“The southern part of the country is supposed to produce the president come 2023; I don’t support a northerner to vie for the seat after President Muhammadu Buhari, based on Nigeria’s political arrangement,” Mr El-Rufai said.

His remarks came over a week after President Buhari’s influential nephew, Mamman Daura, said he was against zoning of the presidency.

Mr Daura’s comment was criticised by political groups and leaders in the South, who expect that based on the unwritten zoning arrangement, power will go to the region after Mr Buhari’s tenure ends in 2023. The president is a native of Katsina, in the north-west.

Mr El-Rufai said although the power shift arrangement among the various regions of the country is unconstitutional, it is, however, a political design that must be respected.

“I believe that (there is) no developed country across the world that considers leadership based on where someone comes from. However, in Nigerian politics, there is an arrangement that we all believe on rotational leadership. We are aware of that, anyone who denies that is wrong,” the governor said.

Mr El-Rufai said although he supports power rotation at the national level, he was against a similar arrangement in Kaduna where he is governor.

“In Kaduna, I don’t work with people because they came from a particular zone, rather, I work with you based on your capacity to deliver on a task given to you and your ability to keep public trust,” Mr El-Rufai said.

The governor also debunked the speculation that he is aspiring for the presidency, saying the speculation has been there for a while from the time he was a minister of the FCT.

“It is a baseless speculation. I don’t want to be president; only God decides someone’s future whether you like it or not, I have never shown interest for the presidency.”

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1360781/igbo-presidency-support-power-shift-south-2023-gov-el-rufai/

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by mubzynani: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2020
I dedicate my FTC to Joe Biden Trump slayer

Now to the post.
He's simply eyeing Vice presidential ticket... Fayemi/Hell-rufai 2023 . IPOB will not like this.. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Kriss216: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Before buhari won the election in 2015, he said he will rule for only one term, that's 4 years.

Fast forward to 2019, he said 4+4.

Believe these people at your detriments.

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by IamWonderful: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2020
Osinbajo and Zulum

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Amotolongbo(f): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2020
mubzynani:
He's simply eyeing Vice presidential ticket... Fayemi/Hell-rufai 2023 . IPOB will not like this.. grin
Tinubuans will also not like this

5 Likes

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by dignity33: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Orji Kalu/El rufia Odua people won't like this.I

7 Likes

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by abc115: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Tinubu/Dogara

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Kriss216: 12:02pm On Aug 08, 2020
mubzynani:
Be deceiving yourself .

You think Fulani will relinquish power just to become vice..
You're politically naive, obviously.
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by bjdon: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
The plan us Amachi/ El Rufai in 2023. The north would see that as given the Igbo the presidency. Many Igbos would claim Amachi is not igbo. Would be interesting to see if Kanu and his ilk would deny Amachi is Igbo while also claiming Rivers as part of Biafra.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Brandstudio01: 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2020
Before nko
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by dignity33: 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2020
bjdon:
The plan us Amachi/ El Rufai in 2023. The north would see that as given the Igbo the presidency. Many Igbos would claim Amachi is not igbo. Would be interesting to see if Kanu and his ilk would deny Amachi is Igbo while also claiming Rivers as part of Biafra.
stop talking rubbish no Igbo has ever denied that ikweres in River state are not Igbo. The only people saying ikweres are not Igbos are non ikweres or non Igbos just like you. Ikweres are just like Nsukka or Abakilaki .

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Blessynokoro: 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
OUK/el-Rufai will sell like pure water
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
Politics! So sweet, see game
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Amotolongbo(f): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
dignity33:
stop talking rubbish no Igbo has ever denied that ikweres in River state are not Igbo. The only people saying ikweres are not Igbos are non ikweres or non Igbos just like you. Ikweres are just like Nsukka or Abakilaki .
if Amechi is given the presidential ticket, will the ndigbo be satisfied?

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by richiemcgold: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2020
Hypocritical El Rufai wants power at the national level to rotate to the south, but he wouldn't want power in his state to go to southern Kaduna.
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by dignity33: 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
leave Igbos alone, you are not the one to choose for Igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Amotolongbo(f): 12:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
dignity33:
leave Igbos alone, you are not the one to choose for Igbos.
But we are the one you will cry to

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Life56: 12:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Ikeast(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2020
Hellufia the slow poison we all know ur plan.......
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by hollah123: 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kriss216:

Be deceiving yourself .

You think Fulani will relinquish power just to become vice..
You're politically naive, obviously.
u are d politically naive person here,check d history of power rotation since 99 n get d fact that no region has ever used more than 8 years b4.

U Igbos want the north to continue cos u know u can't stand a yoruba man n the northern big wigs are now pushing it south.

Can u see u are truly d naive one now?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by jidamsel43(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
Smooth path for Jagaban Borgu, High chief Tinubu, the grand landlord of Lagos, The defacto ruler in Nigeria, the headache of all wailers
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by hollah123: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
Blessynokoro:
OUK/el-Rufai will sell like pure water
an Igbo man on any presidential slot is dead on arrival,u ain't even talking about PDP that u served for over 20 good years but the APC that u love with passion.
Even d ouk is a decampee,then what about d founding fathers of APC?
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by orisa37: 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
UNTIL APREC-AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL IS GRANTED TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES

NO PRESIDENT WITHOUT PREVIOUS MILITARY TRAINING CAN SUCCEED MORE THAN ONE TERM BEFORE BEING THROWN BY THE MILITARY.

APREC--AUTONOMOUS POLICE RESOURCES ELECTIONS CONTROL THEREFORE IS THE ONLY GUARANTEED AGAINST A CATASTROPHIC SCATTERING OF OUR BEAUTIFUL NIGERIA.

NIGERIA MILITARY, RETIRED OR NOT, ARE ALL UNREPENTANT SCAVENGERS.
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
jidamsel43:
Smooth path for Jagaban Borgu, High chief Tinubu, the grand landlord of Lagos, The defacto ruler in Nigeria, the headache of all wailers

You're fooling yourself if you think the north would support Tinubu candidacy

grin
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by NaijaRoyalty(m): 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
Uzor Kalu in the picture
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Blessynokoro: 12:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
hollah123:
an Igbo man on any presidential slot is dead on arrival,u ain't even talking about PDP that u served for over 20 good years but the APC that u love with passion.
Even d ouk is a decampee,then what about d founding fathers of APC?

Was Obasanjo a founding father of PDP?
Was Jonathan a founding father of PDP?
Was Yaradua a founding father of PDP?

Why do you guys always like to change the rules when it gets to the turn of Igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by Piggyyeasters(f): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
He should just say SOUTHWEST
Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by emkz: 12:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Quite frankly, Tinubu has worked very hard to deepen democracy in Nigeria. Even the Buhari many tout, what has been his contribution to democracy? What are his ideals? What was Obasanjo's contribution to democracy? Even though Lagos State could have done more, it is still the model state of progressive leadership managed by Tinubu. Let him run Nigeria. In 2023, I'd like to choose from the following:

Bola Tinubu

Yemi Osinbajo

Femi Gbajabiamila

Akinwumi Adesina

Nasir el Rufai

Babagana Monguno

Babagana Zulum

Zainab Gimba

Ben Akabueze

And to the Igbo folks, you cannot insist that "no Igbo Presidency in 2023, no Nigeria" like Ezeife did this morning. You cannot say you'd believe in the Nigeria project only after getting your turn. Believe in Nigeria and play politics of inclusivity by looking beyond your tribe. MKO did this, Tinubu has done this and quite frankly, it won't hurt if he is rewarded or one of his competent boys is. Igbos, learn from him and engage more meaningfully. I feel it is unfair to insist on the Presidency by any tribe without working for it.

PS: Let us campaign for someone who is willing to be President, never a circumstantial President. We have had too many unwilling leaders thrust upon us by circumstances, for example, Aguiyi-Ironsi, Yakubu Gowon, Olusegun Obasanjo (twice), Shehu Shagari, Ernest Shonekan, Abdusalam Abubakar, Umar Yar'adua, Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari who was brought out of retirement. We need intentional leaders, enough of impromptu leaders. And quite frankly, the two most prepared hands to manage Nigeria are Tinubu and Osinbajo. If we have another unwilling/circumstantial President in 2023, he'd be worse than Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2023 : I Support Power Shift To The South In 2023 - Gov. El-rufai by hollah123: 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
Blessynokoro:

Was Obasanjo a founding father of PDP?
Was Jonathan a founding father of PDP?
Was Yaradua a founding father of PDP?

Why do you guys always like to change the rules when it gets to the turn of Igbo?
APC the ewedu Islamic terrorist party can't give the angelic Igbos their ticket, after all u people have said it countless times that light n darkness don't mix.
So what business does Igbos light have with APC darkness?

Igbos should go to PDP abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BUHARI Most Go Police Join The #revolutionnow Protesters Demanding Him To Resign / Another Rivers House Of Reps Member Joins Apc / Oh! I Just Love Lagos State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.