Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,570 members, 7,823,488 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here (1493 Views)

Is There More Information About The Yoruba Religion? / Ijebu, The Yoruba & Their Influence On The Bible & Judaism- Reno Omokri / Meet The Pretty Lesbian Atheist Who Practices Witchcraft (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
Any IFA worshipper here
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Mywd: 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
Oga goan worship ur creator

1 Like

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by 1Sharon(f): 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
Mywd:

Olodumare is his creator

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2020
Mywd:
My friend shut up... what do you know

4 Likes

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Mywd: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:

My friend shut up... what do you know

I know u as a fool
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by orisa37: 4:57pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mywd:

"Ranti Eledare nigba Ewere" meaning Remember your CREATOR in the Days of your YOUTH. Every YORUBA Child is taught that from his Infancy and by Reflection from IFA.

1 Like

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mywd:

I know u as a fool
Motherfucker...bull without a tail

1 Like

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
orisa37:

"Ranti Eledare nigba Ewere" meaning Remember your CREATOR in the Days of your YOUTH. Every YORUBA Child is taught that from his Infancy and by Reflection from IFA.
Let some fools know abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Mywd: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:

Motherfucker...bull without a tail

grin grin
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mywd:

grin grin
Wetin do you
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Mywd: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:

Wetin do you

U be ifa worshipper??
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mywd:

U be ifa worshipper??
Yes oo
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
orisa37:
Wait a second.. Folakeze or something claimed that the yoruba deity "Eledumare" referred to one of the sons of "El" --he had a story on who "El", a story I completely glazed over. But are you suggesting that there is another Yoruba deity, another son of " El" called "Eledare"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second.. Folakeze or something claimed that the yoruba deity "Eledumare" referred to one of the sons of "El" --he had a story on who "El", a story I completely glazed over. But are you suggesting that there is another Yoruba deity, another son of " El" called "Eledare"?
Eledumare or Olodumare simply means GOD.
That is the supreme being.He created the ORISHAS and other things.
The ORISHAS are just means of communicating with GOD.

1 Like

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:

Eledumare or Olodumare simply means GOD.
That is the supreme being.He created the ORISHAS and other things.
The ORISHAS are just means of communicating with GOD.
so who is "Eledare", another son of " El" ?
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
so who is "Eledare", another son of " El" ?
Your Creator... which is GOD

1 Like

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:

Your Creator... which is GOD
So what does He need the Orishas for? If Eledumare not God enough to manage all of his creations all by himself?
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Mywd: 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:

Yes oo

Y na......,... When u get creator
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So what does He need the Orishas for? If Eledumare not God enough to manage all of his creations all by himself?
The ORISHAS are his Messengers....
We communicate to GOD through the ORISHAS.

1 Like

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 10:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Mywd:

Y na......,... When u get creator
What do you know is used to worship your Creator?
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:

The ORISHAS are his Messengers....
We communicate to GOD through the ORISHAS.
Oh, so you can not communicate with Him directly? And why is that? Is it an Orisha for a particular message type or something like that? Or do they all handle the same message types only they serve different sections of the creation?
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oh, so you can not communicate with Him directly? And why is that? Is it an Orisha for a particular message type or something like that? Or do they all handle the same message types only they serve different sections of the creation?
Yes you can't talk to him directly,cos he his a spirit...you can't see him.
It's not even possible to talk to whom you don't see.
The ORISHAS are Messengers, that were sent down to earth to be among humans, but when they where going back to heaven,they taught humans on how to call on them either to deliver a message to GOD,or for protection etc.
GOD himself kept his virtues in the ORISHAS...
His wisdom lies in ORUMILA,as it is called IFA,
His anger lies in SANGO,OGUN,SOPONA etc.
That is why if you have a problem,IFA is always asked.Not any other ORISHA.
If you want GOD to punish your enemies,you call his WRATH from OGUN or SANGO etc

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by MuttleyLaff: 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Oh, oh, your brain hasnt reset to factory default set yet. Abi?

Where are those your enthusiastic and vocal supporters to come read what you've written and give you a warm back slap well done son, good job son pat on the back, eh?

Of course, chukwu is your god. You, your shameless racist self and your ukwu god, would bow down in the presence of Jesus

You are a jumped-up wannabe, who right from the start had no legs to stand on with. You cant even spell correctly the name of your god. At least four times, it is you spelled it Chuwku. Smh, what do you think is going on there, eh, lol? Its Freudian slip dingbat. Why dont you go back and return after you've learnt how to properly spell your chukwu and not incorrectly four times spell it as chuwku. Can you imagine the dingbat misspelt the name of his god. No reverence, no respect, no honour, no attention to detail, well I am not surprised, it a dumb god and its dumb ignorant idol worshipper frosbel\2. It is because of careless people like you, that is one of the reasons, why God never revealed His personal name to anyone

I have told you earlier what chukwu really means and that it actually means ukwu god. Now here's an opportunity for you frosbel\2, to get educated, by me, freely from the goodness of my heart, on Igbo spirituality you ungrateful ignorant donkey, lol. Yes, let the opportunity present itself to you because I know that you never knew what I am about to share with you before. I know you never had any knowledge about this before now because your original post, the intro with the many misspelling of chuwku instead of chukwu, had aside the misspellings, wrong facts you typed that betrayed how feeble, inadequate and lack in depth you are. Take for example chukwu is not, never from the beginning was chukwu ever chineke, lol. Chineke quite alright, has you put it, is "God who creates" because according to Ndigbo mythtology, chineke, which means "chi" and "eke", lol hence chineke when the two Igbo words are combined, means "Creator" or "reason for the being", (i.e. eke god => god that creates)

Now the transition, upgrade and transformation of chukwu to an equal status and standing as chineke, only happened after Ndigbo have been Christianized, lol. Go ask your village elders frosbel\2 about this, lol, they'll even confirm that "chi," from where "chukwu" was formed from, indeed, is personal god, lol. They'll tell you and confirm all this. Listen man, I am saving you from yourself. You see, pikin wey no gree receive home training for hause, na for outside wey hin reach where public go teach am. This is your case, lol

I havent even scratched the tip of this whole matter, talkless touch the massive rest submerged body and you are doing "... bring out facts, evidence etcetera" If I should pull my hands out of the pocket, you will faint and collapse out of shame and embarrassment of your shortcoming.

At the level you’re at, you're a blind man, lol and the thing is you can't show light to a blind man, lol. Here's another thing to know about yourself frosbel\2 and that is a blind man can never see, he never can see how good you look, lol.

Hmm, go pick up "Things Fall Apart" just like I already had earlier advised you to, lol. Its not much, but it'll at least fill a little bit of your deficiency and knowledge gap of Ndigbo spirituality. Use it to brush up on chukwu too with, mister olodo-rapata-upon-twenty angry angry angry

MuttleyLaff:
Yorubas, by means of singular or conglomerate of verb(s), form names from a word or portmanteau, that describes a state, action or occurrence of the thing referred to. Fridge(s), in Yoruba parlance, is/are called "Ẹrọ amunu tutu or Ẹrọ-amunu-tutu" It is a portmanteau word formulated from translating "machine with a technology which gets the belly/stomach cold," that is what "Ẹrọ amunu tutu or Ẹrọ-amunu-tutu" means, as far as Yorubas are concerned, whenever object are taken from the fridge, eaten or drunk, it ends up making the stomach/belly cold

The English word, God, represents, a kaleidoscope of many meanings, but "OLODUMARE", in Yoruba parlance, is the name assigned to God, and it will interest enquiry minds, to know that "OLODUMARE" is a portmanteau word, formed from putting together, coming from an observation viewpoint, words that describes what this enigmatic and very powerful Supreme Being is.

The other alternate form names of "OLODUMARE" are: "Edumare" and "ElÈdumare"

"OLODUMARE" is also known as "ỌLỌRUN" In Yoruba parlance, "ỌLỌRUN" is another portmanteau word, which means "Owner of the heavens or sky expanse" or "Owner of the firmament" "OLO, ỌLỌ, OL' or ELÈ or EL'" means Owner, while "ỌRUN" means "the heavens or sky expanse" hence "ỌLỌ-RUN"

Cycling back to the portmanteau word "OLODUMARE" name of God, in Yoruba manner of speaking, the name is derived from the following words:
1/ "OLO" - means, Owner,
2/ "ODU" - means, mystery, mystical attributes, a thing or being that is mysterious. It also means energy
3/ "MA" - means, knows
4/ "RE" - actually is "ire" and means, blessing

So when, the words, OLO, ODU, MA and RE, are joined together, we have "OLODUMARE" revealing a profound and thoughtful deep meaning that indicates the truth and/or existence of an Energy, Supreme Spirit Being, who is not just the Owner of unique energy but also is in possession of mystery/mystical knowledge of all manners of blessing.

Since God is the highest level of energy. It is from this energy, that everything is created. In fact, Odu, directs all forces at all level of existence, hence, it is this same mystery and/or energy, that's the power behind the creation of all living and non-living things.

One of the most important of the mystical attributes of God is volition. Without volition, there is no God, and there won't be forces, natural laws, rules and/or principles

Profoundly observing, God has always being EL and this is evident in the Yoruba variant name of God, "ELÈdumare" The prefix EL, as previously intimated, means, Owner, an Influential Owner (e.g. Elijah is: My God, is Yahweh/YHWH, Elihu is: My God, is He, or Ọlọrunfẹmi is: God, loves me)

I dare say Yoruba beliefs and mythos is very rich. As I've earlier advanced, Chukwu, in Igbo cosmos, is a product formed from two Igbo words "chi" and "ukwu", that computes to mean big god or great god. Chukwu, in the real sense of it, isn't Yahweh, the God in the Bible but simply is a god, that now, so as to pretend, is taken to be YHWH or Yahweh, the God in the Bible

The Igbos, and the Yorubas, just as like the Men of Athens, inadvertently, just and unknowingly could, in their general consensus in the existence of a single creator, lol, be worshipping the true God (i.e. Acts 17:23-31)

Now, the thing is, God wants, us having a relationship with Him, and not having a relationshit with god(s) You cannot practice consulting the dead, practice ancestor worship or practice spiritism and be a follower of the one and only true God (i.e. Deuteronomy 18:10-13)

cc: Honchoslim16, Kobojunkie
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=92646164][/quote]
Who told you the ORISHAS or Ancestors are dead
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=92646164][/quote]
y'all be promoting someone else religion and throwing yours away..what a pity!

1 Like

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by MuttleyLaff: 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:
Who told you the ORISHAS or Ancestors are dead
Have you ever seen, heard or talked with your great great grandfather or mother?
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Have you ever seen, heard or talked with your great great grandfather or mother?
Yes...
And have you spoken to your JESUS
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by MuttleyLaff: 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:
y'all be promoting someone else religion and throwing yours away. what a pity!
To start with, you obviously dont know what is religion, faith or belief.
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
To start with, you obviously dont know what is religion, faith or belief.
Get this straight to your HEAD..GOD never created Religion,he created Relationship
If you don't know what to say, just sleep.
It's not a must to comment

1 Like

Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by MuttleyLaff: 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:
Yes...
Yinmu. Good luck with your self deception

Honchoslim16:
And have you spoken to your JESUS
All the time. Yahshua Ha Mashiach, is God incarnate, the Lord, and Saviour of the whole wide worldhood
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Kobojunkie: 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Honchoslim16:

Yes you can't talk to him directly,cos he his a spirit...you can't see him.
It's not even possible to talk to whom you don't see.
The ORISHAS are Messengers, that were sent down to earth to be among humans, but when they where going back to heaven,they taught humans on how to call on them either to deliver a message to GOD,or for protection etc.
GOD himself kept his virtues in the ORISHAS...
His wisdom lies in ORUMILA,as it is called IFA,
His anger lies in SANGO,OGUN,SOPONA etc.
That is why if you have a problem,IFA is always asked.Not any other ORISHA.
If you want GOD to punish your enemies,you call his WRATH from OGUN or SANGO etc
So Eledumare takes a completely hands-off approach to communicating with his own creation? Why? I mean he added a spirit component to his people, or did he not?
Re: Who Practices The Yoruba Religion Here by Honchoslim16(m): 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Yinmu. Good luck with your self deception

All the time. Yahshua Ha Mashiach, is God incarnate, the Lord, and Saviour of the whole wide worldhood
You are doing well, continue �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Koinonia With Apostle Joshua Selman Resume In Abuja Today. / The Almightyness Of Seunosewa: Atheist Logic! / Who Has An Idea On This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.