Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State (32606 Views)

Nigeria Premier League Teams And Their Stadiums| Cotenant.ng / Qatar Is Ready For "Qatar 2022" World Cup (Photos Of Stadiums) / Photos Of Beautiful Ladies Spotted At Russia 2018 World Cup Stadiums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by seunlayi(m): 7:10am On Aug 09, 2020
I m sincerely impressed with this. The state is capable of hosting a tournament of her own
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2020
Oghene1st:
Also to mention:

1. Oghara Township Stadium
2. Ughelli Township Stadium
3. Oleh Township Stadium
4. Agbor Township Stadium
5. Jay Jay Okocha Stadium, Ogwashi-Uku

Ughelli what? You call that field near the police station a township stadium? That field that has been unchanged from when I first lived in Ughelli as a toddler in 86?
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by kenzysmith: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2020
StephenBB:
When them dey count fish; them dey count crayfish join?
Are we not ashamed of having this as a stadium.
The ugliest stadium abroad is better than the most top rated stadium here.

.....Just thinking o!, let nobody quote me
u no lie bro we don't ve stadium but campaign ground.
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by esereme2019: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2020
StephenBB:
When them dey count fish; them dey count crayfish join?
Are we not ashamed of having this as a stadium.
The ugliest stadium abroad is better than the most top rated stadium here.

.....Just thinking o!, let nobody quote me

You are spot on.
Warri township stadium is currently an eye sore.
No maintenance, the infrastructure is in a state of comatose. Very gory to behold.
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by flyinnizam(m): 10:58am On Aug 09, 2020
Oghene1st:
4. SAPELE TOWNSHIP STADIUM, SAPELE

Sapele Township Stadium is a multi-use stadium in Sapele, Nigeria. It is used mostly for football matches and athletics. It was once the temporary home stadium of Bayelsa United F.C. The stadium has a capacity of 16,000 people. It was finally finished in 2013 after years of delays.
Sapele stadium is nonsense. I live here...remove it asap
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by Wigetsolar: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
Lalasticlala, kindly correct the OP. The plural of "stadium" is not "stadiums" but "stadia"

1 Like

Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by gibzzhd: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
martineverest:
they are busy building stadiums when that state is one of the most backward states in terms of infrastructure
Those stadiums were built over time.Ibori did 70% of them uduagan 20%
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by gibzzhd: 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
martineverest:
they are busy building stadiums when that state is one of the most backward states in terms of infrastructure
Those stadiums were built over time.Ibori did 70% of them uduagan 20% Okowa did the Asaba stadium
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by gibzzhd: 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2020
flyinnizam:
Sapele stadium is nonsense. I live here...remove it asap
Still way better than most of the NPFL stadiums we have in the country.Trust me I know the sapele stadium very well and most stadiums in this country.As a sport lover when I visit most states my first site of attraction is the stadium and Most stadiums in Nigeria are terrible.What we have in Delta is better.Meanwhile my aunty is celebrating her birthday today in Old trafford

Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by gibzzhd: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Ughelli what? You call that field near the police station a township stadium? That field that has been unchanged from when I first lived in Ughelli as a toddler in 86?
It's in a port state now cos of lack of maintenance.That stadium was built by ibori in 2001 and hosted games at the African women championship Nigeria 2002 and 06.countries like Ghana,Cameroon,Mali played there
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by gibzzhd: 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
kheny12:
No they can host cup world grin
4 of those stadia hosted the African women championship(The nations cup for women) in 2002 and 2006.African Athletic championship Asaba 2018,Plenty of Nigeria Athletic championships at different levels
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by gibzzhd: 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2020
darfay:

Warri hosted under 17 world cup so guy rest!!
No we did get the hosting right for that one because of kidnapping they was rampant then in 2009
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by gibzzhd: 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
Uchasa:

You must be very funny
Most footballers that have made Nigeria proud are not from Delta, only few.
Abia and Delta have produced equal number of wonderfull players that has made Nigeria proud, but its too small compared to Imo state and Anambra state who seem to have the highest number of wonderfull players that Nigeria has ever produced.
My state Rivers is still upcoming sha.
Delta have produced the best sports men in Nigeria football, athletics,Combat sports, swimming.Delta are the USA of Nigeria when it comes to the sport festival
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by gibzzhd: 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
in 2006 Warri,UGHELLI,Oleh and Oghara stadia hosted the African women championship teams like cameroon,south Africa,Mali,Ghana,Algeria,Congo.

1 Like

Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by johnDejavubaba(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
Rgade:
Delta has multiples of everything shocked Multiple airports. Multiple stadiums. Multiple cities. Multiple tribes. Multiple oil companies.
Multiple everything shocked The big heart cool
Multiple problems
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by Kyngfarabale1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
I Don play ball well for Sapele stadium then when I dey serve there...... I even came across Blessing okharagbe(name might not be spelt well sha) when she came for her normal athletic training.......i miss sapele delta state.... love u all
Re: Top Four Sport Stadiums In Delta State by yom2(m): 6:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
techtechh:

Why don’t you tell us where are from let’s compare

Haters
delta

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His 33rd Birthday, Gets Wishes From CAF, NFF / Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record / I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.