Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

So Don't Worry! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So Don't Worry! (276 Views)

I Know You Won't Like This Thread, So Don't Open. (PICTURES) / Islam Is Not By Force: So Don't Force It On Anyone / Islam Is Not By Force: So Don't Force It On Anyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Don't Worry! by davidinchrist(m): 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
Matt.6.27 - Can ALL your "worries" add a SINGLE moment to your life? Of course NOT.

Matt.6.33 - BUT SEEK FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all THESE THINGS shall be ADDED to you.

Matt.6.34 - "SO DON'T WORRY about tomorrow, for "tomorrow" WILL BRING ITS OWN WORRIES. Today's Trouble is ENOUGH for today.

May Jesus bless you.

1 Like

Re: So Don't Worry! by Missyajoke(f): 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
Am really worried and I have a problem with fear I pray God helps me overcome
Re: So Don't Worry! by davidinchrist(m): 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Missyajoke:

The thing is worries and fears don't solve anything. That's why we got to Obey Jesus to not worry, surrendering ourselves "completely" to him. We've got to humble ourselves and really surrender to his will not ours: that's the way of the Cross.

We get anxious because we're serious about our own will; we want to compete with others; we want people to see/notice our progress; we want things to be done or happen our way; impatient about getting our needs met, etc.

We got to really surrender to God's will/purpose/things, laying our treasures above, not anymore on passing things of earth here.

We are not supposed to be like the rest of the world, "fixed on the things of the world". So if things go wrong, then one's life goes down as well.

We need to deny ourselves, take up the cross and follow Jesus. Then we shall patiently trust him to perfect his will.

Matt.7.24 - "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and DOES THEM, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
Matt.7.25 - and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it DID NOT fall, for it was founded on the rock.

May Jesus give each and everyone of us grace and peace in believing.
Re: So Don't Worry! by davidinchrist(m): 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2020
Phil.2.3 - Don't be selfish; don't live to make a good impression on others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourself.
Re: So Don't Worry! by Missyajoke(f): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
davidinchrist:

The thing is worries and fears don't solve anything. That's why we got to Obey Jesus to not worry, surrendering ourselves "completely" to him. We've got to humble ourselves and really surrender to his will not ours: that's the way of the Cross.

We get anxious because we're serious about our own will; we want to compete with others; we want people to see/notice our progress; we want things to be done or happen our way; impatient about getting our needs met, etc.

We got to really surrender to God's will/purpose/things, laying our treasures above, not anymore on passing things of earth here.

We are not supposed to be like the rest of the world, "fixed on the things of the world". So if things go wrong, then one's life goes down as well.

We need to deny ourselves, take up the cross and follow Jesus. Then we shall patiently trust him to perfect his will.

Matt.7.24 - "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and DOES THEM, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
Matt.7.25 - and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it DID NOT fall, for it was founded on the rock.

May Jesus give each and everyone of us grace and peace in believing.

Thank you so much for your counselling. Am not the fearful type but the things have experienced has made me fearful but all the same thanks I really appreciate it God bless you.
Re: So Don't Worry! by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
Missyajoke:
Jesus Christ had those too right before His death but He was able to not let them stop Him from going through with what needed to be done. He prayed and eventually let accepted it and let it go.

As long as we are in this human suit, we will have them - fear and doubt that is. What we do with it, decides where we end up.

Contrary to what you may have heard, fear and doubt are not from the enemy or evil.. God uses it to sharpen our focus and learning to use it to our advantage instead of letting it cripple us, is what I think life is really about
Re: So Don't Worry! by Missyajoke(f): 10:28pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ had those too right before His death but He was able to not let them stop Him from going through with what needed to be done. He prayed and eventually let accepted it and let it go.

As long as we are in this human suit, we will have them - fear and doubt that is. What we do with it, decides where we end up.

Contrary to what you may have heard, fear and doubt are not from the enemy or evil.. God uses it to sharpen our focus and learning to use it to our advantage instead of letting it cripple us, is what I think life is really about

Now am relieved thanks a lot.
Re: So Don't Worry! by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2020
Missyajoke:

Now am relieved thanks a lot.
you know what I rarely ever use this word but try to 'meditate' on that.

If Jesus Christ, the Son of God Himself, feared and doubted, why in the world do we beat ourselves up so much about it. God will take care of it. No need to worry about worrying.. Just go ahead and work in doing what He said to do.
Re: So Don't Worry! by davidinchrist(m): 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
Missyajoke:

Thank you so much for your counselling. Am not the fearful type but the things have experienced has made me fearful but all the same thanks I really appreciate it God bless you.

Thanks. Well, it's general. We're all faced with the same temptations. I talk to others as much as myself.

Goodnight.
Re: So Don't Worry! by truespeak: 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
Missyajoke:

Yeah! Suffered from that a lot too especially with what I went through in my past.

No longer do since I learnt what it truly means to Trust in the Lord with all ( not some, not most) of your heart
and lean not ( rely and trust) your own understanding
in all, again all your ways acknowledge Him (seek His contribution) and He ( not you) shall ( not maybe ) direct your paths.

I realized that you can only trust someone you know very well. So I sought to know and understand Him and I am thankful for His enlightenment as He verily said, seek and you shall find, ask and...

Which further gave me rest and understanding of committing all my works to Him and He shall establish my thoughts (so if your thoughts are established, shall you not rest?)

Also, there is a way that seemeth right to a man but leadeth to destruction set me on the road too for truly I saw the end of my road, I did not know but He says He knows, would it not be wise for me to know what He knows for my good?

All of these and more helped put me where I am today having cast my burdens on Him as He has said He does not mind.

When Understanding and knowledge grew, fear and doubts lessened till they no longer remain for where there is light ( enlightenment) there is no fear, darkness brings fear and uncertainty.

Then I began to understand the true meaning of He has not given us the spirit of fear but of Power, Love and Sound mind ( Knowledge, wisdom and understanding)

1 Like

Re: So Don't Worry! by davidinchrist(m): 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
1Pet.3.13 - And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?
Re: So Don't Worry! by davidinchrist(m): 11:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
The great Paul the Apostle's experience:

1Cor.2.3 - I was with you in weakness, in *Fear, and in MUCH *Trembling.

2Cor.7.5 - For indeed, when we came to Macedonia, our bodies had no rest, but we were troubled on every side. Outside were *Conflicts, "inside" were *Fears.

2Cor.7.6 - Nevertheless God, who *Comforts the downcast, *Comforted us by the coming of Titus,

Peace with you.
Re: So Don't Worry! by delkuf(m): 1:01am On Aug 09, 2020
Missyajoke:
Fear is one of the important tool of the devil. You better fight. against the spirit of fear before it consumer and destroy your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So Don't Worry! by delkuf(m): 1:09am On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Here you go again dishing out nonsense. Who told fear is from God or God use it sharpen our focus. The Bible says, for God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of boldness and sound mind. And you from stupid ignorance is saying fear is for our advantage. You better repent. I pity those that takes you serious
Re: So Don't Worry! by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Here you go again dishing out nonsense. Who told fear is from God or God use it sharpen our focus. The Bible says, for God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of boldness and sound mind. And you from stupid ignorance is saying fear is for our advantage. You better repent. I pity those that take you serious
Let me help you think...

Jesus was without sin and He was of God right. If fear and doubt are not part of our core human programming, are you suggesting that Jesus Christ was possessed by some "evil" spirit of fear and doubt just before Calvary?

Are you suggesting that the Messiah did after all get Himself tainted by evil right before the end?

Resist the urge to respond as soon as you glimpse this response. Spend some time thinking about who Jesus Christ is, your understanding of what base fear and doubt really is, and then come back later with a more intelligent retort.

Re: So Don't Worry! by delkuf(m): 1:42am On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Let me help you think...

Jesus was without sin and He was of God right. If fear and doubt are not part of our core human programming, are you suggesting that Jesus Christ was possessed by some "evil" spirit of fear and doubt just before Calvary?

Are you suggesting that the Messiah did after all get Himself tainted by evil right before the end?

Resist the urge to respond as soon as you glimpse this response. Spend some time thinking about who Jesus Christ is, your understanding of what base fear and doubt really is, and then come back later with a more intelligent retort.
Didn't you read that Bible verse. God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of boldness and sound mind. As long as it is in Bible there is nothing you can say. stop this your miss leading please.
Re: So Don't Worry! by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Didn't you read that Bible verse. God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of boldness and sound mind. As long as it is in Bible there is nothing you can say. stop this your miss leading please.
Use your head.. The brain that God gave you. You need to use it for this one.

This is my second challenge to you today on this, you know?

Re: So Don't Worry! by delkuf(m): 1:54am On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Use your head.. The brain that God gave you. You need to use it for this one.

This is my second challenge to you today on this, you know?
Read the Bible if you have brain. This is your second challenge and you have lost both. You cannot prove that Abraham Moses and Elijah are in heaven, and i gave you instances from the Bible, you were just mumbling about. Now you say fear is from God. God uses it to sharpen our focus. Look at stupid you sound. I pity your generation
Re: So Don't Worry! by davidinchrist(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2020
davidinchrist:
The great Paul the apostle's experience:

1Cor.2.3 - I was with you in weakness, in *Fear, and in MUCH *Trembling.

2Cor.7.5 - For indeed, when we came to Macedonia, our bodies had no rest, but we were "troubled" on every side. Outside were *Conflicts, "inside" were *Fears.

2Cor.7.6 - Nevertheless God, who *Comforts the downcast, *Comforted us by the coming of Titus,

I've found that if great apostles like Paul had to surely battle temptations in those days, then it's no surprise for the need to battle even today; fighting the good fight of faith. It seems many try to hide this or pretend, including great preachers. I respect people like Paul far more than them all.

Temptations are sure to come, but we should be sure to put the full armour of God in total surrender and obedience to Jesus' words in the new testament. That's the only way of victory.

Lastly, now I don't think I should start writing a whole book about my own "terrible" fears, temptations, experiences, etc. I just seek to ignore them, and seek to strictly "obey" Jesus' words in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. To never stop trusting nor give up!

John 16:33 KJV
These things I have SPOKEN unto you, that IN ME ye might have PEACE. In the world ye SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION: but be of good cheer; I have OVERCOME the world.

Matthew 11:15 KJV
He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Peace be with you all.
Re: So Don't Worry! by davidinchrist(m): 7:00am On Aug 09, 2020
John 14:1 KJV
Let NOT your heart be troubled: ye BELIEVE in God, BELIEVE also in me.

Matt.6.34 - "SO DON'T WORRY about tomorrow, for "tomorrow" WILL BRING ITS OWN WORRIES. Today's Trouble is ENOUGH for today.

May Jesus bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is GRIMMJOE? / Through The Storms Of Life / Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.