Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand (6626 Views)

6 Places On Earth Where The Sun Does Not Set Even At Midnight (video) / Scientists Have Discovered An Animal That Doesn't Need Oxygen To Live / What You Need To Know About Charcoal That Scientists Won’t Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Missyajoke(f): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2020
1. Zone of Silence—where radios don’t work, clocks are lost in time, and compasses spin out of control. But in addition to the above, there’s another interesting place, and it is located in present-day Mexico. Referred to as the zone of Silence or “Zona de Silencio,” this area of land located in northern Mexico is one of the most anomalous places on Earth.

According to reports, nothing seems to properly function there, as scientists have failed to understand how clocks stop, radios go haywire, and the compass spins out of control.Located some 2,000 meters above sea level, the Zone of Silence is strangely located at the same parallel as the enigmatic Bermuda Triangle, and the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

2. Göbekli Tepe, our planets OLDEST temple

The oldest temple on the surface of our planet is located in modern-day Turkey and is referred to as Göbekli Tepe. This fascinating ancient structure is considered to be 6,500 years older than Stonehenge and around 7,000 years older than the oldest of the Pyramids—meaning that it was created around 12,000 years ago by a mysterious civilization.

This ancient temple referred to as the Stonehenge of the desert, is an ancient encyclopedia written in stone.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by espn(m): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2020
Okay...more update...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Missyajoke(f): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2020
3. Gravity Hills—A place where Gravity isn’t gravity.

There are hundreds of so-called gravity hills around the globe. Due to their peculiar characteristic, they are also referred to as Magnetic Hills, Mystery Hills, and Anti-Gravity hills.

It is said that objects and cars on the hill may appear to roll uphill, defying the laws of gravity. This, however, is just an optical illusion produced by the surrounding landscape which makes a downhill slope appear to be an uphill slope. Although not unexplainable, gravity hills are pretty cool, and I felt a need to include examples of the phenomenon in this list.

4. Eternal Flame Falls, New York—where fire defies water

Located in the New York is a strange phenomenon that looks almost as if there’s a fire burning in the middle of a waterfall.

This unusual waterfall is the product of mother nature, and scientists say that it’s perfectly explainable as there are small fissures in the rock which emit natural gas, causing to burn. At times the flame extinguishes and needs to be reignited. Legends say that whoever manages to reanimate the flame will be blessed with fortune.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Missyajoke(f): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2020
5. Meet the enigmatic Castle Frangokastello—home of the only documented time mirage in the world.

Built by the Venetians sometime between 1371 and 1374, the castle was constructed as a garrison to protect Venetian nobles and their land. Its builders named it Castle of St. Nikitas but locals contemptuously dubbed it Frangokastello, meaning the Castle of the Franks.

On May 17, 1828, a famous battle took place at the castle when hundreds of Sfakiots and Epirotes commanded by Hatzimichalis Dalianis, a Greek patriot from Epirus occupied the fortification but were eventually besieged by the Turks. Later, the Turks were also killed and massacred by ambushes. The anniversary of the battle shows the shadows of the fallen soldiers march towards the fortress around dawn.

Every year around May, the castle is home to a bewildering phenomenon where ‘shadows’ of armed soldiers march from the monastery of Agios Charalambos to the Castle. The phenomenon is observable—and was even documented—in the early hours when the sea is quiet, and humidity in the air is high. The event lasts for around 10 minutes.

6. For centuries has the Bermuda triangle created chaos among sailors, and pilots in recent decades.

The area is known as the Bermuda Triangle, aka The Devil’s triangle, and it stretches some 700 kilometers from Florida, Puerto Rico to Bermuda. In the last 100 years alone has the enigmatic area has taken the life or around 1,000 people without explanation.

The Bermuda triangle just happens to be one of the most transited areas on the planet, as it is an international “highway” for shipping lanes as countless vessels transit the area in order to arrive from America to Europe or vice versa.

Explanations for the mysterious disappearances of ships and planes range from Aliens, mystery pyramids, weather phenomena to portals to another dimension.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Righteousness89(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2020
Scientists, Astronauts, Astrologers and all of us are mere creatures..

We were only Privileged to be put on the Earth! We don't know how the Earth came about..[
We don't know what Holds the Earth..
We don't know The Materials used in Making the Earth.
It's a Mystery! We Cannot know!

Peharps it's one of the things The ALMIGHTY GOD will Show to us up there in Heaven..

GOD is GOD irrespective of the Creatures that have allowed the devil to use them to misbehave or talk anyhow..

I Have Personally Decided to Follow Him and Enter Heaven by Rapture or by Death , any that Comes First!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Mogajunior(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
'The mystery of life and the world we live in is certainly the most persistent problem ever placed before the thought of man. It is high time we accept the fact that science has no explanation to everything on the surface of the earth.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Missyajoke(f): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
7. The enigma behind the Cochno stone—an ancient Star Map.

Few have heard about a mysterious 5,000-year-old stone slab covered in strange, alien-like symbols.

Discovered in 1887 by Rev. James Harvey, this enigmatic piece of stone contains around 90 strange indentations and is considered to host one of the finest sets of petroglyphs not only in Scotland but on Earth.

Scientists cannot agree on what the symbols mean and why so many of them are similar to crops circles, or constellations in the sky.

Some have ventured out and said that the Cochno Stone is a 5,000-year-old star map.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Missyajoke(f): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin if it didn't reach 10 it's not my fault so enjoy this grin grin grin grin grin grin. Happy Sunday.

Less I forget I missed one it. Let me add it.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Howtoday(f): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
Nice thread
Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Missyajoke(f): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
8. Dolmens

Just like there are Pyramids scattered on nearly all continents on Earth, there are Dolmens spread across different continents. We can find these mysterious stone structure everywhere, from Korea, China, Scandinavia, Russia, Spain, Portugal, etc…

Why so many exist, and why many of them are so familiar has bothered experts who are unable to fully explain their purpose and origin.

Archaeologists believe they were built as tombs for people belonging to the royal class, but many authors disagree. Oh and, there’s that strange thing that happens when you bring electric devices near some of the dolmens—they behave erratically almost as if something was interfering with the apparatus.

Source: https://curiosmos.com/10-strange-places-on-earth-that-scientists-have-struggled-to-understand/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Dayoebe(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
Happy Sunday
Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by VoidLoop: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2020
God is wonderful in his deeds...

5 Likes

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Vulcanheph(m): 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
No matter how hard we try, there will always be somethings that will always be beyond our understanding....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by uniquehealth: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2020
Thanks.

Read through and really enjoyed it.

Thumbs up!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Idowster(m): 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
They will never understand hw great is my God

3 Likes

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
Pls what is the meaning of all these self angry undecided... Haha...
U are always attaching everything to rapture, I tire for Una hoo angry..
Righteousness89:

We were only Privileged to be put on the Earth! We don't know how the Earth came about..[

Peharps it's one of the things The ALMIGHTY GOD will Show to us up there in Heaven..

GOD is GOD irrespective of the Creatures that have allowed the devil to use them to misbehave or talk anyhow..

I Have Personally Decided to Follow Him and Enter Heaven by Rapture or by Death , any that Comes First!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by paulolee(m): 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
wow....nice n scary

2 Likes

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by dazzlingd(m): 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

You will remain the daftest person ever.

We cannot know and should not know because your God will be jealous.

If everybody had followed this philosophy, u will still be living in caves and wont even have the opportunity to make use of the phone u use in typing this daft comment.

Idiotic, if earth is useless to u, u can get sniper and stop disturbing the peace of those who have taken sacrifice to explore and made it better for u to live. If u can't do same or at least appreciate it then the best u can do is shut up.

I pity the children u will raise, they will be so backward in thinking, I am afraid they will grow up to be non achievers and useless to their generation

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by ruggedtimi(m): 2:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Interesting
Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Crimsoneagle: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

Oga ur own don de too much abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
Missyajoke:
3. Gravity Hills—A place where Gravity isn’t gravity.

There are hundreds of so-called gravity hills around the globe. Due to their peculiar characteristic, they are also referred to as Magnetic Hills, Mystery Hills, and Anti-Gravity hills.

It is said that objects and cars on the hill may appear to roll uphill, defying the laws of gravity. This, however, is just an optical illusion produced by the surrounding landscape which makes a downhill slope appear to be an uphill slope. Although not unexplainable, gravity hills are pretty cool, and I felt a need to include examples of the phenomenon in this list.

4. Eternal Flame Falls, USA—where fire defies water

Image Credit

Located in the USA is a strange phenomenon that looks almost as if there’s a fire burning in the middle of a waterfall.

This unusual waterfall is the product of mother nature, and scientists say that it’s perfectly explainable as there are small fissures in the rock which emit natural gas, causing to burn. At times the flame extinguishes and needs to be reignited. Legends say that whoever manages to reanimate the flame will be blessed with fortune.

Number 4 is in New York.

I think I once answered a question on it during some quiz some years ago.

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Missyajoke(f): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Number 4 is in New York.

I think I once answered a question on it during some quiz some years ago.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
Missyajoke:
5. Meet the enigmatic Castle Frangokastello—home of the only documented time mirage in the world.

Built by the Venetians sometime between 1371 and 1374, the castle was constructed as a garrison to protect Venetian nobles and their land. Its builders named it Castle of St. Nikitas but locals contemptuously dubbed it Frangokastello, meaning the Castle of the Franks.

On May 17, 1828, a famous battle took place at the castle when hundreds of Sfakiots and Epirotes commanded by Hatzimichalis Dalianis, a Greek patriot from Epirus occupied the fortification but were eventually besieged by the Turks. Later, the Turks were also killed and massacred by ambushes. The anniversary of the battle shows the shadows of the fallen soldiers march towards the fortress around dawn.

Every year around May, the castle is home to a bewildering phenomenon where ‘shadows’ of armed soldiers march from the monastery of Agios Charalambos to the Castle. The phenomenon is observable—and was even documented—in the early hours when the sea is quiet, and humidity in the air is high. The event lasts for around 10 minutes.

I am more interested in the battle that was fought at the Frangokastello. sad

If you say it was fought in the year 1828(May 17 1828 to be precise), then it must have been an episode of the Greek War of Independence{1821-1830}.

It was a war that had pitted the Greek nationalists/revolutionaries{supported by Russia, Britain and France} against the Ottoman Empire because the Greeks wanted independence from the Ottoman Empire which it had been part of since the 1400s.

Now, to this particular battle of Frangokastello; it would seem that it was part of the larger Greek plan to expand the Greek War of Independence to Crete- an island which up until that battle was fought had remained largely unaffected by the war. The Greek incursion into Crete failed oof course and the Ottomans responded by massacring almost every single thing Greek on the island- especially those associated one way or the other with the revolt.
Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by pascalbenz: 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2020
dis life self ....the less you look the more you see
Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Jman06(m): 2:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
Science doesn't claim to have explanation for everything, but is constantly researching to find answers to phenomena yet unraveled.

This is unlike religion that makes one to just believe with faith that everything both known and unknown revolves around a supernatural being. Such blind beliefs ain't good for our progress and survival as humans living in this globe.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Henryabuja: 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by joviegghead: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
hmmm.
This is one of education and comedy.
Shalla to missyajoke. Interesting topics such as this can make me start crushing on yougrin

As for righteousness89, I might not be a believer. But existence of people like you makes me question what kind of creator would plant an annoying,daft and idiotic individual in the midst of his creations. Guy change.

BTW, this VirginFinder guy always cracks me up with his corrections of this Righteousness guy. Talk about your nemesis following you bumper to bumper

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by VirginFinder: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2020
Dotherightthing:
Scientists, Aastronauts, Aastrologers and all of us are mere creatures..

We were only Pprivileged to be put on the Eearth! We don't know how the Eearth came about..[
We don't know what Hholds the Eearth..
We don't know Tthe Mmaterials used in Mmaking the Eearth.
It's a Mmystery! We Ccannot know!

Peharps it's one of the things Tthe ALMIGHTY GOD will Sshow to us up there in Heaven..

GOD is GOD irrespective of the Ccreatures that have allowed the devil to use them to misbehave or talk anyhow..

I Hhave Ppersonally Ddecided to Ffollow Him and Eenter Heaven by Rrapture or by Ddeath , any that Ccomes Ffirst!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Donotread: 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
wheres 9 and 10

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by sunshineV(f): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

Since heaven is very important to you why don't you just swallow rat poison and die

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Strange Places On Earth That Scientists Have Struggled To Understand by Xbee007(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

The chemistry of planet earth, the universe and indeed the multiverse is actually well researched and well known. Stop generalising your ignorance. Just because your mind and thinking has been warped by medieval fierry tales doesn't mean scientists haven't found answer to these "mysteries".

This life is all we got. There is no proof whatsoever that heaven and hell exist. Until you or anyone else can prove beyond reasonable doubt that heaven and hell exist and your religion's heaven and hell is the real one, kindly stfu! Without proof or evidence, any idiot can make any moronic claim expecting people to believe them. And believe me, there are lots of moronic claims out there like talking snakes, tower of Babel, fallen angel, flying to heaven on a winged horse etc.

The idea of the devil is probably the most funny, ingenious and deceptive ever made by man. Why take responsibility for your lapses and inefficiencies when you can easily blame the devil? Nations with high numbers of atheists/thinkers such as China, Netherlands, Denmark are light years ahead of Nigeria where everyone is basically a believer and very prayerful. Isn't that ironic considering that "prayers can move mountains"?

Your problem is that you have been brainwashed beyond redemption! Honestly, the differences between you and Boko Haram terrorists isn't much. One of my favourite author, Armin Navarbi who wrote "Why there is no God" actually attempted suicide as a boy because he was led to believe that boys who die before 14 are going to heaven.
You are no different from young Armin Navarbi because you are absolutely convinced spamming every thread with inanities will help you make heaven. How pathetic is that!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2,000 Unemployed Youths Sit For Agric-yes Exam In Agege, Lagos / Medical Aspirants For Jamb 2014/2015, Let Us Meet Here. / Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.