Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:31 PM

Help. My Sis Wants To Choose A Canadian University. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help. My Sis Wants To Choose A Canadian University. (434 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Help. My Sis Wants To Choose A Canadian University. by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
My sister is in a dilemma, she has her sights set on furthering her education in canada. She has a Bsc in accounting in a federal university here in nigeria. She has spent sleepless nights researching but has settled at 3 private canadian universities. Please NLanders (especially if you have immigrated to canada) help with wise advise as to which would be a good choice that will also increase her chances of getting a quality education, job prospects and settling there permanently.

Choice A- UCW
It's a new private secular university founded in 2005, located in downtown Vancouver. The campus is not big, just a building(looks rented IMO). It has just one masters which is their MBA. IT has a few good and bad reviews but mostly because of their past( it has passed hands a lot like econet/ vmobile/zain/celtel/airtel). It isn't a well known school.

It is located in a big city so cost of living is higher, it is easy to apply to and doesn't have much requirements. She got an accepted into the school already.. The tuition is $35100 Canadian dollars and initial deposit of $8000. Small scholarships are available for students at 10% max. It is also eligibe for graduation work permit and immigration program after. It is the cheapest to apply for out of the three.

Choice 2 -TWU

It's a private christian liberal university located in Langley, BC. Founded in 1962. Has a semi-urban/rural campus. She's applying for their MBA. It has the highest ranking of the 3 but not as much as Ivy league Universities in canada. It is a faith based school (like covenant) and not accepting of LGBTQ+. It is the most expensive of the 3 at $41,000 tuition fees with $10,000 deposit. It isn't as easy to get into as the rest. It has normal to nice reviews online. To apply she needs to write a duolingo English test and a WES report. There's also the application fee which is 44k naira and other documents which will amount to 150k naira. There's also limited scholarships for merit students not to talk of international students.

Choice C CRN
A private christian university located in newbronswick. Farther from Alberta than the rest WITH Lower cost of living. Owned by baptists(also faith based). Has on and off campus housing. Has okay reviews and not accepting of LGBTQ+. She's applying for a 2yr master of management course which cost $32000 with initial deposit of $5000. It is also eligible for post graduate work permit and PR. There's also the deadline for provincial nominee (2021/2022) to consider. But she hopes they extend the deadline or renew it. There's no scholarship for international students, although it has the cheapest tuition fees. It also needs a WES report.

Please nairalanders home and abroad, come to our aid once again. Many heads are better than one.

God bless you as you do so!!

Justwise
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Kindly help me to move to front page.
Re: Help. My Sis Wants To Choose A Canadian University. by justwise(m): 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2020

(1)

Please I Need Your Honest Response / My Trip To “Wine Country” | Napa Valley, California Part 2 (video) / Hotels in Gwagwalada Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.