Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

How To Write Winning Upwork Proposals - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Write Winning Upwork Proposals (597 Views)

Opportunity To Learn How To Write Winning Essay For Erasmus Scholarship / Thesis/ Proposals/ Assessment Tasks (UK Standards) / How To Write Winning Personal Statements For Scholarship Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write Winning Upwork Proposals by atirenesam(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
Upwork has become one of the biggest online platforms for freelancers all over the world to exchange their services for money, and earn a living. The platform has millions of freelancers, and often, in your field of expertise, you will find at least 5 freelancers bidding for the same job as you. And as with Upwork model, before you can bid for jobs, you need connects. While connects may come to some people as cheap ($10 per 20 connects), when you constantly use your connects to bid for jobs, yet cannot land a client, everything becomes a headache. For this reason, I want to show you how to write winning proposals that will help you get the Upwork contracts you desire.

Before we begin, you cannot submit a proposal to Upwork’s clients if your account is not approved and your identity verified. We help people create approved and verified U.S. Upwork accounts that can be operated without a VPN. DM 09061502932. We have helped tens of people open their accounts and they have gone on to earn a good living from their account. The total package includes a free grammarly account, an ebook/tutorial on succeeding on Upwork, and a U.S or U.K Upwork account.
To send winning proposals to clients:
• Do not apply for a job that you cannot deliver: If your gut tells you not to take a job, follow your gut and let the job go. If you cannot deliver on the expectations of a client and you do not have someone you can outsource the job to, do not bother to apply. The only thing worse than no job is bad review—and its step-sister, refund request. If you suffer any of these two unfortunate events (a bad review and a refund request), your JSS score will drop.
• Tailor your proposal to your client’s needs: There’s never a one size fits all proposal. When you submit a proposal, be sure to address the client’s job outline. Read the job description thoroughly and understand just what the client wants. Never send the same proposal to multiple clients. It’s lazy, and a sure way to get suspended.
• Check the client’s history: Some clients are nasty; avoid them. If freelancers constantly complain about a client, or a client is known not to give 5 stars or good feedbacks, proceed with caution.
• Talk about the client: A winning proposal should be semi official. Even if you have never met the client, check his/her name from past work.
Below is an example:
[b]Hello Bill,
Thank you for the job posting. My name is Ashanti Cole, and I am a professional writer, editor, and researcher. I have successfully ghost-written tens of ebooks for various clients, in sub-genres including Christian, romance, adventure, self-help, and health and fitness. Storytelling is an art I have mastered and if I am chosen for this project, I will write a thrilling romance best-seller for you.
My services include:
1. Write a detailed outline (this will ensure that we both agree on the direction the ebook should take before I begin writing the main document)
2. Write from thorough research
3. 100% unique non-plagiarized content
4. Careful and thorough editing.
5. Formatting: this includes placement of TOC in the book.
6. Fast turnaround
7. Free Copyscape report on the document.
8. Free conversion and delivery of the document in PDF, MSWord, EPUB, and MOBI formats.
I have a few questions I need to ask regarding the project:
1. Will I be delivering references of my research?
2. Is this an academic project?
3. What tone would you prefer?
Let’s work together and make this book a best-seller.
Warmest Regards.
[/b][i][/i]Do you see how well-crafted this proposal is? First, it addresses the client by name, evoking a personal feeling; second, it highlights the services, including free services the client will enjoy; third, it asks necessary questions; fourth, the English is simple and it communicates the freelancer’s intentions.
If such proposal is submitted, the client is more likely to respond to the freelancer and probably send an offer.

Note: You can get a client's name by checking his/her review. If the client has worked with previous freelancers, they will most likely use the client's name in the review.

• Send convincing work samples: Your proposal and work samples speak volume of your relation skill and actual skill. If you are applying for a romance fiction job, send samples of romance fiction. If you do not have exact samples of the type of work your client wants done, submit a related sample. For example, if the client wants an SEO article on solar panels, you can send any SEO article. The article, if well written, will convince the client of your expertise.
• Appreciate him even if he does not hire you: About three years ago, there was this client who posted a job for a romance fiction. He needed an erotic romance novel written for him. The word count was 20,000 and the pay was $1,000. It was a great gig and even though I had just started freelancing on Upwork (this was years ago), I applied. I submitted samples (erotic is my thing), and made a bid of just $500 to beat out the competition (I would not recommend this). The client’s specific qualifications for any freelancer included a job success score of 90% or more, and a rising star badge. I had none, but I knew I could do the job. In the proposal, I reminded him that even though I was new to Upwork, I was an excellent storyteller. He sent a message a few hours later and conducted an interview. I lost the job to another freelancer, but I sent a message, a few minutes after he gave the job out, to thank him for even honoring my proposal and talking to me. I reminded him that if he ever had another project, he should let me know. I promised to do an outline of his ebook for him and a short 1000 word write up for just $10: if he liked the direction, he then could hire me; if not, he could hire another freelancer. He promised to put me in mind for another project. Two months later, he contacted me and I bagged my first $1,200 job.
Some freelancers feel that one has to be lucky to bag good jobs on Upwork; the reverse is the truth. Luck has absolutely nothing to do with getting job offers. It begins with the proposal. Your proposal must be written to convince the client that you are a professional, and at the same time, still strike a semi-personal front. If the client likes you, he will most likely give you the job.

If you are tired of constantly writing proposals without good results to show for it, you can always contact me: 09061502932.

I will add you to a new whatsapp group where up and coming freelancers will be able to learn how to make money online. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Advice / Jinx Broken As Ibadan Indigene, Adebola Ekanola Emerged As U.I Acting Vca / Free OOU Postgraduate 2020 Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.