Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,489 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Top Personality Disorders - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Personality Disorders (614 Views)

Mental Disorders / Top Rare Mental Disorders / Meet Chinedu Mitchel, The Shortest Man In ABSU Who Anchors 'Personality Checks' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Personality Disorders by TheSourcerer: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
1. Paranoid personality disorder

Cluster A is comprised of paranoid, schizoid, and schizotypal personality disorders. Paranoid personality disorder is characterized by a pervasive distrust of others, including even friends, family, and partners. As a result, this person is guarded, suspicious, and constantly on the lookout for clues or suggestions to validate his fears. He also has a strong sense of personal rights: He is overly sensitive to setbacks and rebuffs, easily feels shame and humiliation, and persistently bears grudges. Unsurprisingly, he tends to withdraw from others and to struggle with building close relationships. The principal ego defense in paranoid PD is projection, which involves attributing one’s unacceptable thoughts and feelings to other people. A large, long-term twin study found that paranoid PD is modestly heritable, and that it shares a portion of its genetic and environmental risk factors with schizoid PD and schizotypal PD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Personality Disorders by TheSourcerer: 1:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
. Schizoid personality disorder

The term "schizoid" designates a natural tendency to direct attention toward one’s inner life and away from the external world. A person with schizoid PD is detached and aloof and prone to introspection and fantasy. He has no desire for social or sexual relationships, is indifferent to others and to social norms and conventions, and lacks emotional response. A competing theory about people with schizoid PD is that they are in fact highly sensitive with a rich inner life: They experience a deep longing for intimacy, but find initiating and maintaining close relationships too difficult or distressing, and so retreat into their inner world. People with schizoid PD rarely present to medical attention, because despite their reluctance to form close relationships, they are generally well functioning and quite untroubled by their apparent oddness.

1 Like

Re: Top Personality Disorders by emmyreelz(m): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
please continue. I'm keenly following.

1 Like

Re: Top Personality Disorders by atheistandproud(m): 7:17am On Nov 09, 2020
Hm...
Re: Top Personality Disorders by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2020
Incomplete.
Re: Top Personality Disorders by fredwill1357(m): 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
Is that all?, you didn't add psychopathy, sociopathy and narcissism.
Re: Top Personality Disorders by Silentgroper(m): 1:15pm On Feb 18, 2021
Phew... Y is my heart beating so fast.
Re: Top Personality Disorders by TheSourcerer: 1:06am On Mar 14, 2021
fredwill1357:
Is that all?, you didn't add psychopathy, sociopathy and narcissism.
I was banned . but now seems i all have to complete it .
Re: Top Personality Disorders by TheSourcerer: 1:07am On Mar 14, 2021
Silentgroper:
Phew... Y is my heart beating so fast.
you're a silent groper , they nervous as hell. But hey !

(1) (Reply)

Mathematicians Gather Here Pls... / Do You Need Quality Long Range Wireless Intercom In Your School, Home, Business? / How Do I Collect Madonna University Okija Transcript?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.