Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria (47730 Views)

See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Coldest States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Pacesetter123(m): 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2020
ehinmowo:

It's not about having other tribes. Every state have other tribe. The list above is fair enough. Onitsha and Asaba are not cosmopolitan. Those places are heavily, tribally controlled. Lagos, Abuja, and PH (I that order) are the cosmopolitan states we have NIgeria as of now. Kano also come a little close.
They don't understand it to that level.Who will allow a non indigene to occupy elective position in Onitsha and Asaba? But go to Lagos,Abuja and Kaduna and see things for yourself.Dats wot we called Cosmopolitan States.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by BornRicch(m): 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
iLUCID:
Edo ? grin. I think I'll pass
Where are you from?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Clothingonline9(m): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
Affordable men clothing jeans Turkey shirts chinos etc pant trousers 1500 Europe brands payment on delivery within Lagos and Nationwide dispatch
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by abdulkayus(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
007inc:

Take this rubbish list away. What is Kano doing there? A barbaric state for that matter! Where is Onitsha? Where is Calabar? U drink soap true true

Have you ever been to Kano before you debunk that assertion? FYI, Kano is far more cosmopolitan than Anambra or calabar state. The different is even clear

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
OdefaGirl:
You forgot........"surulere"
......."gwagwalada"
......."ikot ekpene"

Abeg......add my village too.
U for add gwagwakarimo join na
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by sans17(m): 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:
The term cosmopolitan use here refers to states where aside the indigenous tribe there are many non-indigenous residents

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
2. ABUJA- Global Citizens
3. RIVERS- ( 50-100% Global)
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU

Abeg vomit Ibadan for that list
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by NewDelhi(m): 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
leicestercamper:
Abuja
Lagos
Rivers
Anambra
Delta
Kano
Ogun
Lol how can you put Abuja above Lagos. You're worse than the OP
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by murmee: 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2020
icon02:
My list
1. Lagos
2.Abuja
3. Kaduna
4.port Harcourt
There's no how Ibadan can be omitted from the list if you know Nigeria very well!
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 11:12pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:
The term cosmopolitan use here refers to states where aside the indigenous tribe there are many non-indigenous residents

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU
when did ibadan and abuja become a state?mumu post.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Lipscomb(m): 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
It pain him Because There's no onitsha on the list.
post=92639362:

grin grin grin
Day and night you guys are cooking rubbish report.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU

Remove KANO & ENUGU from your list.

IBADAN is not a state. Put OYO instead.

Then repalce those two earlier mistakes with CROSS RIVER & DELTA

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
icon02:
My list 1. Lagos 2.Abuja 3. Kaduna 4.port Harcourt
anotheq mumu.is port harcourt state?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Gordieshegz(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
 IBADAN

7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU

What's cosmopolitan in Kano?
BTW, Ibadan is not a state.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by phantom24: 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2020
Where's cross river? Pls remove akwa ibom from that list
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by odinga1of: 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU

Oga remove Plateau state and Add Delta State

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Mbioto: 12:26am On Aug 12, 2020
Kaduna is one city where no one really has an ancestral linkage to...
Most people in kawo are from kano,katsina,sokoto states originally,most people in Kakuri are from kogi,osun and benue states,and most people in sabo Tasha and barnawa are Igbo's ,ss or the middle belt..
Igbo's have been known to contest and hold seats in Kaduna south,Yoruba's are currently commissioners in Kaduna state...in my opinion thats croc city is the most cosmopolitan city in Nigeria especially when you factor the numerous institutions in that state...
A great example is oshiomole who had a house in ungwar rimi without having a house in Benin and dasuki who's lived in Kaduna while being a prince of the sokoto caliphate

2 Likes

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 12:37am On Aug 12, 2020
iLUCID:
Edo has been cosmopolitan before Eko was even founded.
Sure Lagos later grew as British Lagos colony with much trade and later as FCT.

I guess many people don't know what cosmospolitan means.

The most cosmopolitan states have something in common : most were or are FCT, Regional capitals or otherwise historically commercially important. People have moved to these places since centuries and decades to try their luck, or be close to seat of power : Lagos, Oyo, Abuja, Kaduna, Edo, Enugu, Kano, Rivers and such fit in.

Sample the mix of people in these places and see the mix of people.

Plateau, Sokoto and Delta are also very diverse. Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers has increased too.

Nearness of Niger and Nassarawa states to Abuja and Ogun to Lagos have made these places increasingly diverse too.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 12:40am On Aug 12, 2020
iLUCID:
Edo has been cosmopolitan before Eko was even founded.
Sure Lagos later grew as British Lagos colony with much trade and later as FCT.

I guess many people don't know what cosmospolitan means.

The most cosmopolitan states have something in common : most were or are FCT, Regional capitals or otherwise historically commercially important. People have moved to these places since centuries and decades to try their luck, or be close to seat of power : Lagos, Oyo, Abuja, Kaduna, Edo, Enugu, Kano, Rivers and such fit in.

Some like Lagos have HQs or major offices of multi-national companies.

Sample the mix of people in these places and see the result.

Plateau, Sokoto and Delta are also very diverse. Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers have recently increased in diversity also.

Nearness of Niger and Nassarawa states to Abuja and Ogun to Lagos have made these places increasingly diverse too.

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 12, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU
Ballant lie, where is kaduna and niger in that list.

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 12, 2020
nsiba:

So mistake is rubbish, better reason well
How do you want him to reason when you are typing nonsense.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 12, 2020
Pacesetter123:
They don't understand it to that level.Who will allow a non indigene to occupy elective position in Onitsha and Asaba? But go to Lagos,Abuja and Kaduna and see things for yourself.Dats wot we called Cosmopolitan States.
Guy here we have Igbo and Yoruba people working for local government in sectors like health, I don't know where the op get him list from as for me
Lagos
Kaduna
Abuja
etc
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Kennyfancy(m): 1:17am On Aug 12, 2020
Hotice085:

I think Niger state should take that spot
are u normal ?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by MajohBankz: 2:27am On Aug 12, 2020
They are called LAGOS-IBADAN media for a reason

They're something else! Always trying to compare and bring out charts and statistics where they will place themselves at the top! Meanwhile they're oblivious of the fact their country has been declared as having the highest number of broke ass niggers in the world, and a shithole to boot![/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by MajohBankz: 2:28am On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyfancy:
are u normal ?
He doesn't comprehend English
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by 24SEVEN: 3:23am On Aug 12, 2020
Pacesetter123:
Have u ever visited Ibaka in Mbo L.G.A before? Ghanaians made about 30% of de entire population.Have bin to Oron before to see Camerounian population dere? Wot about Ikot Abasi,Ibeno and Eastern Obolo? Or u only know livestock market in "Nasarawa"?

See as this one is arriving at population figures like he conducted census recently. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by JaneYave(f): 3:38am On Aug 12, 2020
7lives:

Calaba is missing on this list.
Thak you!. Cross River
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Charleys: 4:52am On Aug 12, 2020
OVB123:
But even at that delta and kaduna is still ahead.

Someone gave you facts and you're saying Even at that, what's the meaning of even at that?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Drizzy5001(m): 5:52am On Aug 12, 2020
Edopesin:

Have you been to Edo? I seriously doubt
I've not been to Edo before, but i know that Anambra is more developed than Edo state, make I even ask you how many companies dey Benin sef? grin
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by femi4: 5:56am On Aug 12, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU
Where is Liberal state : Kaduna
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Osamagioghowewi(m): 5:58am On Aug 12, 2020
NewDelhi:

Lol how can you put Abuja above Lagos. You're worse than the OP
. Afa on the msport
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by Sardauna24(m): 6:37am On Aug 12, 2020
nsiba:

1. LAGOS- Global Citizen
4. KANO -(30-70% GLOBAL)
5. EDO
6. IBADAN
7. OGUN
8. PLATEAU
9. AKWAIBOM
10. ENUGU
Rubbish where is Kaduna?
Re: The Most Cosmopolitan States In Nigeria by NewDelhi(m): 6:52am On Aug 12, 2020
Osamagioghowewi:
. Afa on the msport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

London-bound Nigerian Passenger Dies Aboard Egypt Air, Corpse ‘dumped In Cairo' / Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners / UK-Based Man Excited With His Nigerian Passport - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.