Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS (1046 Views)

Does Life Continue After Death. Psalm 146 Vs 4, Genesis 3 Vs 19, Job 14 Vs 14 Ex / Which Psalm Works For You As A Christian? / What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
Bertrand Russell said "I think therefore I exist". This profound statement shows that our active thought process is proof that we exist and when that thinking process stops we cease to exist. An INCONTROVERTIBLE FACT!

Psalms 146 vs 4 says when a man dies, his THOUGHTS PERISH. That scripture thus helps us understand that when a man dies he ceases to exist; in other words WE GO INTO INEXISTENCE WHEN WE DIE. We don't TRANSIT into the spirit realm to continue living either with God in heaven or suffering torment in hellfire. For if that were the case, our thoughts will still be active and not perish. The idea of TRANSITING into the spirit realm to continue life in bliss or torment can only hold true if our thought process continues after death. But Psalm 146 vs 4 explains otherwise.

So at death therefore, we SIMPLY CEASE TO EXIST because our THOUGHTS PERISH. The only way for us to live again after death is if we are resurrected by God and that is a gift he gives to only those who please him before death and those who die ignorantly displeasing God (given a second chance due to God's JUSTICE) Acts 24 vs 15.

This explains why Romans 6 vs 23 says that the wages of sin is death. Death, which really is a RETURN TO INEXISTENCE (where we all came from) is the real reward and punishment for deliberately sinning against God. But if we please him, he rewards us with endless life to be enjoyed. Endless life is a gift only meant to be enjoyed; not to suffer torment.

1 Like

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by illicit(m): 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
They can't move, they just rot
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
illicit:
They can't move, they just rot
when u die where ur spirit goes nt body ACCEPT JESUS AS UR LORD AND SAVIOUR
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by illicit(m): 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
Idowster:
when u die where ur spirit goes nt body ACCEPT JESUS AS UR LORD AND SAVIOUR

You don't have a spirit.

ACCEPT THAT FACT!
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
illicit:

You don't have a spirit.
ACCEPT THAT FACT!
accepted no vex abeg
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by illicit(m): 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
Idowster:
accepted no vex abeg
cheesy
yeah we good now
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 7:12am On Aug 11, 2020
It becomes easy to understand the sentence of death which God pronounced on Adam and Eve after they disobeyed as found in Gen 3 vs 19. "Dust you are and to dust you will RETURN" The word RETURN shows that they were to go back to their condition before being created and that is INEXISTENCE. Adam and Eve were not existing anywhere before being created and after they disobeyed, God sentenced them to RETURN to that condition of inexistence. DEATH the sentence for mankind is simply a RETURN TO INEXISTENCE. That is the ultimate reward for deliberate sin against God even as Rom. 6 vs 23 emphasizes that the wages of sin is death - a forfeiture of the gift of life and a RETURN to inexistence. Only those in God''s memory can come back to live again by way of a resurrection.

1 Like

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Kobojunkie: 7:41am On Aug 11, 2020
safepaulooo:
Bertrand Russell said "I think therefore I exist". This profound statement shows that our active thought process is proof that we exist and when that thinking process stops we cease to exist. An INCONTROVERTIBLE FACT!

Psalms 146 vs 4 says when a man dies, his THOUGHTS PERISH. That scripture thus helps us understand that when a man dies he ceases to exist; in other words WE GO INTO INEXISTENCE WHEN WE DIE. We don't TRANSIT into the spirit realm to continue living either with God in heaven or suffering torment in hellfire. For if that were the case, our thoughts will still be active and not perish. The idea of TRANSITING into the spirit realm to continue life in bliss or torment can only hold true if our thought process continues after death. But Psalm 146 vs 4 explains otherwise. .
I suggest you re-read Psalm 146 with a more updated English translation to help throw light on the meaning contained in the verse you have lifted there...

Psalm 146 vs 1- (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Praise the Lord! My soul, praise the Lord!
2. I will praise the Lord all my life. I will sing praises to him as long as I live.
3. Don’t depend on your leaders for help. Don’t depend on people, because they cannot save you.
4. People die and are buried. Then all their plans to help are gone.
5. It is a great blessing for people to have the God of Jacob to help them. They depend on the Lord their God.
6. He made heaven and earth. He made the sea and everything in it. He can be trusted to do what he says.
7. He does what is right for those who have been hurt. He gives food to the hungry. The Lord frees people locked up in prison.
8. The Lord makes the blind see again. The Lord helps those who are in trouble. The Lord loves those who do right.
I believe the writer of the psalm is instead trying to say that we all ought to put our trust in God and God alone, not in man who is here today and gone tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2020
illicit:

cheesy
yeah we good now
good
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 8:09am On Aug 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I suggest you re-read Psalm 146 with a more updated English translation to help throw light on the meaning contained in the verse you have lifted there...

I believe the writer of the psalm is instead trying to say that we all ought to put our trust in God and God alone, not in man who is here today and gone tomorrow.
Kobojunkie:

[quote author=Kobojunkie post=92687685] I suggest you re-read Psalm 146 with a more updated English translation to help throw light on the meaning contained in the verse you have lifted there...

I believe the writer of the psalm is instead trying to say
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
@Kobojunkie, I think your problem is the poor translation you are using. It's too shallow. Try using the widely accepted King James Version or other bibles used in schools.

Also, read Eccl 9 vs 5 even in your own bible and see the same point mentioned in Psa 146 vs 4, which is that the dead know nothing since their thoughts perish. Hence they do not exist or they go into INEXISTENCE. That which does not exist cannot suffer torture.

Kobojunkie:

1 Like

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
safepaulooo:
@Kobojunkie, I think your problem is the poor translation you are using. It's too shallow. Try using the widely accepted King James Version or other bibles used in schools.

Also, read Eccl 9 vs 5 even in your own bible and see the same point mentioned in Psa 146 vs 4, which is that the dead know nothing since their thoughts perish. Hence they do not exist or they go into INEXISTENCE. That which does not exist cannot suffer torture.

A word is enough for the wise keep saying it ooo i hv said my own
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
safepaulooo:

You didn't read it, did you?

Verse 4 does not exist in isolation. The message in that passage is contained in the context provided. What you are doing here amounts to lying in the name of God. Do not insert meanings into verses, not even those you pull out of context. Let the message read itself to you instead.

This isn't angel speak.. The translation you are reading from is written in English language and all you need here are simple language comprehension skills to know that your "interpretation" is a lie
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Kobojunkie: 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
Idowster:
A word is enough for the wise keep saying it ooo i hv said my own
Open your eyes and read the passage for yourself! Stop swallowing up the gobbledygook others post thinking because they do so in the name of God, it must be true.

The OP there picked that one verse to inject his delusion into, and failed because delusion is in direct contraditction to every other statement about the fate of those who are dead - it is certainly contradicts Jesus Christ's own statement on the cross to the thief, and His statement to His disciples about preparing them a place in Heaven and all.
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Verse 4 does not exist in isolation. The message in that passage is contained in the context provided. What you are doing here amounts to lying in the name of God. Do not insert meanings into verses, not even those you pull out of context. Let the message read itself to you instead.

This isn't angel speak.. The translation you are reading from is written in English language and all you need here are simple language comprehension skills to know that your "interpretation" is a lie
i agree wit everytin u said make them understand ooo
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Open your eyes and read the passage for yourself! Stop swallowing up the gobbledygook others post thinking because they do so in the name of God, it must be true.

The OP there picked that one verse to inject his delusion into, and failed because delusion is in direct contraditction to every other statement about the fate of those who are dead - it is certainly contradicts Jesus Christ's own statement on the cross to the thief, and His statement to His disciples about preparing them a place in Heaven and all.
what he wrote was wrong i agree bt i dont understand what u are saying
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2020
Idowster:
what he wrote was wrong i agree bt i dont understand what u are saying
What I am saying is READ the verses he provided within the context it was provided in... Read Psalm 149 from verse 1 through to 7 and you immediately understand that his assumption fails.
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What I am saying is READ the verses he provided within the context it was provided in... Read Psalm 149 from verse 1 through to 7 and you immediately understand that his assumption fails.
ohkay i hv read it and understood the passage and what he is trying to say and my version says ntin about soul spirit e.t.c it says "on that very day his plans perish" if u read from the beginning the chapter talks about putting trust in god
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
It's obvious you didn't even read Psalm 146 vs 4 in the King James Version, or even the identical message in Eccl 9 vs 5 that the dead KNOW nothing (perished thought).

No point trying to reason with a CLOSED mind. Sticking to your shallow translation effectively ensures your mind remains closed. Only OPEN minds perceive truth.

Kobojunkie:

1 Like

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2020
safepaulooo:
It's obvious you didn't even read Psalm 146 vs 4 in the King James Version, or even the identical message in Eccl 9 vs 5 that the dead KNOW nothing (perished thought).

No point trying to reason with a CLOSED mind. Sticking to your shallow translation effectively ensures your mind remains closed. Only OPEN minds perceive truth.

The fault lies with your assumption that a translation is needed when reading from a book, clearly written for you in the English language, a human language that requires nothing but simple ability to comprehend what is written as it is written.
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The fault lies with your assumption that a translation is needed when reading from a book, clearly written for you in the English language, a human language that requires nothing but simple ability to comprehend what is written as it is written.
KOBOJUNKIE Why are they so adamant about hearing the truth i always tought the bible said false prophet were pastors and ministers bt wat i am seeing here is proving me other wise
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Idowster:
KOBOJUNKIE Why are they so adamant about hearing the truth i always tought the bible said false prophet were pastors and ministers bt wat i am seeing here is proving me other wise
According to Jesus Christ, false prophets and teachers are men/women who teach that which is not true, in the name of God. So it can be anyone really, so long as they are teaching lies in the name of God.
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
safepaulooo:

Just ask them Where is Adam now? smiley

1 Like

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by DappaD: 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
Maximus69:

Abi oo undecided
Let's see whether they know more than God undecided undecided
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Missyajoke(f): 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2020
Idowster:

Kindly ignore him kiss kiss
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Idowster(m): 7:14am On Aug 12, 2020
Missyajoke:

Kindly ignore him kiss kiss
ohkay
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
Beautiful question. But a closed mind can never see reason. The fellow claims his translation is modern English and would not even read the same message in Eccl 9 vs 5.

Someone I asked about Adam's where about was dumbfounded. It's easier to see that he is not existing than to accept the myth that he is suffering in a hellfire.

Maximus69:

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 8:48am On Aug 13, 2020
The righteous man Job understood that the dead go into inexistence and do not exist anywhere until God resurrects them IF THEY QUALIFY. Hence he stated at Job 14 vs 14 "if a man dies can he live again? I WILL WAIT ALL THE DAYS OF MY COMPULSORY SERVICE UNTIL MY RELIEF COMES". The relief he was referring to is the resurrection which God will perform at his due time. Job was willing to WAIT in inexistence as a compulsory service knowing that having pleased God his relief would eventually come by way of a resurrection back to life from INEXISTENCE. There wouldn't be any WAITING if he as a righteous man continued life in heaven immediately after death as popular opinion today would have us believe. That certainly was not the case. So the fact remains that all who die go into INEXISTENCE but only the righteous will live again by means of a resurrection and like Job will have to WAIT in inexistence until God's due time. The wicked who don't qualify for a resurrection do not WAIT, rather they remain inexistent eternally as their punishment. THAT WHICH DOES NOT EXIST CANNOT SUFFER PAIN OR TORTURE.

1 Like

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 13, 2020
safepaulooo:
Beautiful question. But a closed mind can never see reason. The fellow claims his translation is modern English and would not even read the same message in Eccl 9 vs 5.

Someone I asked about Adam's where about was dumbfounded. It's easier to see that he is not existing than to accept the myth that he is suffering in a hellfire.

I once met a Catholic who told me "Adam never killed anyone" to him Adam has been forgiven and he's now in heaven! cheesy

So i asked him further "if Adam has been forgiven, then why do most little children who never committed any wrongdoing suffering and dying?"

My friend was totally confused!

Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Very Apt. Many believe what they like and what is popular irrespective of what the bible says, which rings a bell in them as truth. We continue to sound it out loud. God''s own sheeplike ones will respond.

Maximus69:

I once met a Catholic who told me "Adam never killed anyone" to him Adam has been forgiven and he's now in heaven! cheesy

So i asked him further "if Adam has been forgiven, then why do most little children who never committed any wrongdoing suffering and dying?"

My friend was totally confused!
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
Debunking long held falsehood
Re: WHERE DO THE DEAD GO? PSALM 146 : 4 EXPLAINS by safepaulooo(m): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
Enjoy reading

(1) (2) (Reply)

London Used PS3 Slim / God Exists- This Is Why Atheists Keep Attacking & Going Against Christians. / What A Life's Journey With God Thought Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.