Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others (433 Views)

Fubara Reshuffles Cabinet, Redeploys Two Wike’s Loyalists / Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Afonja / IGP Redeploys Dandaura Mustapha, Rivers Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by mamotalk: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has sacked the Commissioner for Works , Infrastructure, and Transport , Prof . Raphael Afonja, from his position .
Governor Makinde, in a letter dated August 10 , signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mrs . Olubamiwo Adeosun, said the termination of appointment takes immediate effect .
The letter titled, ‘ Termination of appointment’ , read in parts , “ I wish to convey the approval of His Excellency , Governor Seyi Makinde, on the termination of your appointment as Honourable Commissioner , with immediate effect .

“ Consequent upon the above development, you are hereby directed to hand over all the government items in your possession to the Permanent Secretary (Ministry of Works , Infrastructure and Transport ).
“ I am to add that your contribution within the time of your sojourn is appreciated and commendable, and therefore, wish you success in your future endeavours. I thank you . ”
Meanwhile , the governor also approved the redeployment of two commissioners, who were asked to swap portfolios.
An internal memo, signed by the SSG , titled, ‘ Redeployment of EXCO members, ’ indicated that the Commissioner for Special Duties, Chief Bayo Lawal, has been moved to the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, while his counterpart who was the Ministry , Funmilayo Orisadeyi , was moved to the Ministry of Special Duties.
According to the memo, the redeployment takes immediate effect .
https://punchng.com/makinde-fires-works-commissioner/
Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by JunctionBox: 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by majamajic(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nice
Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by decatalyst(m): 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
Action man!

A lot of people see Seyi Makinde as a gentle young chap with no experience or the right political maneuver to rule oyo state. I hope he is able to prove them wrong.

People forget that cool and calm demeanor isn't an ingredient of naivety or lack of balls.

Let us begin to see results!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by Success20202020: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
If you need a fiction writer for your blog contact jadewale257@gmail.com
Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by dawnomike(m): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
No time rubbish...
Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by braveboi4life: 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Good posture of a strategic leader, not one that has kept incompetent,non performing and redundant service chief for 5 years
Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by hollah123: 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Though they say this guy is wonderful but I still don't believe,the main reason y I don't like this guy's government is the way he empowers thugs in Ibadan.

u can't believe a thug has the guts to use siren live n direct,as in thug wey dey use siren dey live like king because they said he helped him during election.

Ajimobi govt might not b that cool with people but he put all those thugs in their place,now they are all back to the street

2 Likes

Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by Jostoman: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
hollah123:
Though they say this guy is wonderful but I still don't believe,the main reason y I don't like this guy's government is the way he empowers thugs in Ibadan.

u can't believe a thug has the guts to use siren live n direct,as in thug wey dey use siren dey live like king because they said he helped him during election.

Ajimobi govt might not b that cool with people but he put all those thugs in their place,now they are all back to the street
Tinubu also have is own VIP thug in Lagos State and they are also the people that always helps him to win election in Lagos State.
Re: Makinde Fires Works Commissioner, Redeploys Two Others by hollah123: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
Jostoman:
Tinubu also have is own VIP thug in Lagos State and they are also the people that always helps him to win election in Lagos State.
who is this one now?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ojirua Of Irrua Endorse Ize-Iyamu As The Next Governor of Edo State [Photos] / FG Reciprocates, Bans EU Flights From Nigeria / Blasphemy: Can't We Contribute Money To Appeal Against The Judgement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.