Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,158 members, 7,957,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:00 AM

Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. (2449 Views)

How To make a Yummy Korean Egg Roll Omelette(wow) / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? / Lady Reveals What She Saw Inside A #50 Egg Roll She Bought (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by meobizy(f): 3:11am On Aug 11, 2020
Why?
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by hahn(m): 4:31am On Aug 11, 2020
Zed

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by okirewaju(f): 10:38am On Aug 11, 2020
I find it funny cheesy cheesy

Then the one's that cut out size of swallow as big as a child's head and then roll with both hands and cut in little chunk into their mouth

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by meobizy(f): 2:58am On Aug 20, 2020
A lot of Nairalanders do this, yet when a thread opens discussing it, everybody suddenly goes blind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by endsarrrs(f): 11:16am On Jan 06, 2021
meobizy:
A lot of Nairalanders do this, yet when a thread opens discussing it, everybody has suddenly gone blind.
Not everybody has gone blind o cheesy. I like it when i see people do it but i dont ma'am
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by EkelediliBuhari: 9:47pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pray tell, how else can swallow be ingested

I like to cut chunks of it, one at a time... roll to a perfect O for Okpolo.... then I insert a crater in the center to hold soup (my favorite Oha)

One at a time in perfect symphony i downsize any mountain of Eba (my fav) before me

It’s like an art to me

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by meobizy(f): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
EkelediliBuhari:
Pray tell, how else can swallow be ingested

I like to cut chunks of it, one at a time... roll to a perfect O for Okpolo.... then I insert a crater in the center to hold soup (my favorite Oha)

One at a time in perfect symphony i downsize any mountain of Eba (my fav) before me

It’s like an art to me
That's the part I don't understand; the unnecessary waste of energy rolling the swallow. Right from childhood I cut the chunks, dip them in the soup immediately then guide them into my mouth and swallow. All my friends laughed at me for not following the rolling protocol.
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by EkelediliBuhari: 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
meobizy:

That's the part I don't understand; the unnecessary waste of energy rolling the swallow. Right from childhood I cut the chunks, dip them in the soup immediately then guide them into my mouth and swallow. All my friends laughed at me for not following the rolling protocol.

Like i said... it’s an art
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2021
Not I. Once I pick with my fingers, I dip in stew, and in my mouth it goes.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by Unik3030: 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2021
meobizy:

it nauseates me when I see people rolling swallow,I don't know y.

maybe because their palm gets dirty as a result of that,n that's y I really don't like ojuelegba video by Wizkid cos of d guy rolling swallow in d video

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by zolajpower: 3:27am On Mar 05, 2021
A rolling swallow gathers no moss in the soup grin
So roll your swallows people grin
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by pozehnani(f): 8:10am On Mar 06, 2021
I find it very irritating. Like you're using it to roll all the dirts in your hands. I prefer to just cut and dip.

Men do it a lot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by Thegracefulness: 1:45pm On May 09, 2021
Hi, Meobizy. I’ve been following John Chizoba’s posts and his entries on this forum, and I noticed you seem to also do the same thing. Do you know why he stopped making those entries? For sometime now, I noticed he’s been absent.
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by meobizy(f): 2:32pm On May 09, 2021
Thegracefulness:
Hi, Meobizy. I’ve been an avid follower of John Chizoba’s posts. Adherent to his entries on this forum, and I noticed you seem to also do the same thing. Do you know why he stopped making those entries? For sometime now, I noticed his been absent.
He likely stopped posting here from lack of engagement. He mentioned from time to time that he already built an audience on Facebook so I’m guessing he returned there. It’s highly demotivating when one posts here and receives little to no response from users. If you want a similar writer there’s madukovich. I find his writings highly inspiring and entertaining.
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by Thegracefulness: 5:12pm On May 10, 2021
meobizy:

He likely stopped posting here from lack of engagement. He mentioned from time to time that he already built an audience on Facebook so I’m guessing he returned there. It’s highly demotivating when one posts here and receives little to no response from users. If you want a similar writer there’s madukovich. I find his writings highly inspiring and entertaining.

Alright. That seems reasonable. I barely use Facebook, but I’d look out for him.
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by kinkybabie11(f): 10:53pm On May 10, 2021
It’s smoother in the mouth and it’s wayyy easier to swallow...I can’t take swallow without rolling
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by BigYash: 1:37pm On May 11, 2021
kinkybabie11:
It’s smoother in the mouth and it’s wayyy easier to swallow...I can’t take swallow without rolling
The swallow just dey show for all your body grin
You come go get in bulk wetin I dey like..
Re: Nigerians Who Roll Swallow. by meobizy(f): 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2023
kinkybabie11:
This is true. I started the habit out of curiosity. If the swallow is properly rolled beforehand, the act isn't needed. Nigerians with trust issues still roll regardless.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Cake Icing Receipe That Can Harden Or Dry / Which Tribe Cooks The Best And Worst Jollof Rice In Nigeri / Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.