Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud (17403 Views)

Waiting For IPPIS Enrollment While On NPOWER Payroll / FG Discovers 70,000 Ghost Workers Through IPPIS / Gov. Abubakar Diverted N400 Billion Using Ghost Workers - House Speaker, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by deji17: 4:34am On Aug 11, 2020
Civil servants, ex-banker arraigned for IPPIS, ‘ghost’ workers fraud

THE Federal Government on Monday arraigned four civil servants and a former banker on charges of perpetrating a fraud involving over N140m through the manipulation of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System to input details of ghost workers in 2017.

The five defendants were arraigned on 11 counts of cybercrime and advance fee fraud before Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court in Abuja.

They are Anthony Ogar, Olarenwaju Ladipo, Samuel Enwerem, Joshua Omachonu, and Joy Wright, who all pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Ogar was said to be of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Wright, the IPPS Desk Officer in the ministry, the duo of Ladipo and Omachonu, were said to be of the Nigeria Space and Development Agency, and Enwerem, an ex-banker, when the alleged fraud was said to have been perpetrated in 2017.

The Federal Government, through the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation, alleged in the charges filed on August 6, 2020, that “with the intent to defraud” the defendants conspired and did obtain by false pretence from the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System of the Federal Government of Nigeria the sum of N140,000,000 using several fictitious salary accounts of employees of the Federal Government of Nigeria.

The offences of conspiracy and the actual fraud were said to be contrary to Section 8(a), and 1(c), respectively, of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act CAP A6 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004, both of which were said to be punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act.

In one of the counts Ogar, Ladipo and Wright were specifically accused of conspiracy and “unlawfully inputting, migrating and reactivating accounts of fictitious employees of the Federal Government of Nigeria in the said IPPIS with the intention that such fictitious employees will be considered as genuine.”

After the defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges, the defence lawyers, Mr E.I.B. Odo, for the 1st defendant, J.D. Musa for the 2nd and 5th defendants, Dickson Omahi for the 3rd and D. Akatugba for the 4th defendant, informed the judge that they had filed separate bail applications for their clients.

Justice Mohammed granted each of them bail in the sum of N10m with one surety in the same sum, each.

https://punchng.com/civil-servants-ex-banker-arraigned-for-ippis-ghost-workers-fraud/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Mo3891: 4:38am On Aug 11, 2020
cool

Is there any system Nigerians can't manipulate to commit Fraud

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by GOFRONT(m): 4:45am On Aug 11, 2020
Even at the Airport toll gate, they still try to perpetrate.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by youthsinitiativ(m): 5:16am On Aug 11, 2020
Federal character well respected.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Nobody: 5:21am On Aug 11, 2020
Scam everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Stephenomozzy(m): 6:12am On Aug 11, 2020

The kind of leaders a country has is a reflection of the people in it. How do we hold government accountable when our hands are also soiled with the red oil of greed, corruption and self aggrandizement!

But as justice is almost never delivered,
More and more will still happen... Sad state of a failing State

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Flyingngel(m): 6:25am On Aug 11, 2020
Will Nigerians ever shun corruption?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by mamaafrik(m): 6:36am On Aug 11, 2020
There should be a separate whistle blower scheme for the public ministries , military and paramilitaries to drive performance into those key sectors.
The corruption there is too humongous

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by ODJ124(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2020
Any good thing put in place people tend to look for loop holes...
it is finish

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Slawormir: 8:19am On Aug 11, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
You see what i keep on saying
That Nigerians don't actually hate corruption they way they pretend to
They are just angry and claiming to hate corruption because they are not the ones carrying out the corruption

......when i keep on saying it my niggarzz and baby girls here for Nairaland go dey critize me and say what do i know
That am just a drunkard, weed smoker, pussy banger and a bomber

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by JesusJesus: 8:20am On Aug 11, 2020
Na for only Nigeria thief dey catch thief
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by classicfrank4u(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2020
Ha
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by aremuforlife(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2020
Let the pertuators be prosecuted, while the living workers are yet to receive their wages, the ghosts workers would have been paid. What a country!!!

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 11, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

For once I agree!

Dammmm indeed.

And the sad thing was that Ippis was meant to end all this ghost worker nonsense
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 11, 2020
Mo3891:
cool

Is there any system Nigerians can't manipulate to commit Fraud

Your comment reminds me of a story involving my family back in the 1990s

In the mid 1990s, my dad bought fuel from an AP (now Forte oil) station using a digital fuel pump. Dad was impressed and commented to my mum that finally here was a fuel pump/dispenser that could not be manipulated like the old analogue fuel pump that was still in use at the time.

My mum just hissed and said... Trust Nigerians, they will soon find a way around this one

She was right.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by michlins(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2020
Hushmummy dizieani talk say we youths emulate Yahoo boys. Meanwhile Yahoo boys emulate politicians. Even God doesn't know how to help salvage Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Trimque2k1(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2020
deji17:

https://punchng.com/civil-servants-ex-banker-arraigned-for-ippis-ghost-workers-fraud/
Something is really wrong with this country, it's only that we are yet to acknowledge that fact nd take it seriously note this d type of Buhari sha.
See hushmama calling Yahoo out for being role model whereas she was or is among those that made us to have more fraud minded youth than the hard work pays conscious ones...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by tboibamz: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2020
i dey tell you

Kittex7:
Scam everywhere
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Kemimarch16(f): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2020
I don't think corruption can leave this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Yigalanshey(m): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2020
Rr
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by ademidedavid(f): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2020
There was once a country........all institutions in Nigeria are corrupt, the NDDC, EFCC, NPF,FAAN all including IPPIS and academic institutions, Indeed, there was once a country

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by insperyadyou: 8:27am On Aug 11, 2020
They are only using that to distract us. IPPIS platform is not transparent and accountable. Staff of the OAGF is using IPPIS to enrinch themselves as more and more people get enrolled in this platform

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 11, 2020
This is Nigeria
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by newharddrives(m): 8:27am On Aug 11, 2020
Na so
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Bukasint(f): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2020
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 11, 2020
Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by adebayo4uc6h6: 8:29am On Aug 11, 2020
Nigeria and fraud sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud by Deborah98(f): 8:29am On Aug 11, 2020
Nawa ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike To PDP NWC: I Helped You To Your Posts, Give Me Ticket As Payback / Sanwo-Olu’s Chief Of Staff, Tayo Ayinde Loses Wife / Labour Party Reserves 2027 Presidential Ticket For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.