Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,417 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order (848 Views)

UNICAL Panel Finds Prof. Cyril Ndifon Guilty Of Sexual Harassment, Extortion / Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order / Meet The Woman Behind The Transformation Of Grace Schools, Mrs. Iyiola Olatokunb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by DebbyJose: 7:26am On Aug 11, 2020
The management of Lagos' foremost academic institution, Grace Schools has decried the attempt by some disgruntled elements and a section of the media to drag the school into slanderous, baseless and unfounded rumors stemming from the extortion of the parents.
In a statement released on Monday, 10 August 2020, the school stated that the report doing the rounds is merely a malicious effort to soil the name of the school by evidently disgruntled elements whose intention and purpose is best known to them.
It's statement reads;
"We unequivocally put it on record that Grace Schools has not collected such unreasonable amounts from any of our parents in the course of resuming academic activities after the COVID-19 lockdown.
The children only resumed school first time today since the forced closure of schools in March.
All the students resumed as day students and none have paid any boarding fees. We request the rumormongers to present evidence of payment and who they paid the alleged N1.5M to, or which hotel the children were camped in.
We believe this baseless story is sponsored by aggrieved people who could not accept our decision not to open the boarding house without ironclad safety measures being put in place. It is wicked, immature and uncalled for.
We have sought a legal modality to investigate those sponsoring the malicious rumour and the blogs used to magnify the slanderous, malicious and defaming lies.

Grace Schools has thrived on a long standing record of integrity, credibility and honesty. As an institution whose teaching is hinged on honesty, and good moral conduct, we eschew any vice that may soil the hard-earned, and long-won credibility that the school is known for.
It is saddening that a media platform can jump at junk stories and in unconcerned desperation publish such without following the basic code of journalism, INVESTIGATE.
We also appeal to the general public to disregard the story as a deliberate attempt to create unnecessary crisis for this noble institution.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by laitsy: 8:48am On Aug 11, 2020
DebbyJose:
The management of Lagos' foremost academic institution, Grace Schools has decried the attempt by some disgruntled elements and a section of the media to drag the school into slanderous, baseless and unfounded rumors stemming from the extortion of the parents.
In a statement released on Monday, 10 August 2020, the school stated that the report doing the rounds is merely a malicious effort to soil the name of the school by evidently disgruntled elements whose intention and purpose is best known to them.
It's statement reads;
"We unequivocally put it on record that Grace Schools has not collected such unreasonable amounts from any of our parents in the course of resuming academic activities after the COVID-19 lockdown.
The children only resumed school first time today since the forced closure of schools in March.
All the students resumed as day students and none have paid any boarding fees. We request the rumormongers to present evidence of payment and who they paid the alleged N1.5M to, or which hotel the children were camped in.
We believe this baseless story is sponsored by aggrieved people who could not accept our decision not to open the boarding house without ironclad safety measures being put in place. It is wicked, immature and uncalled for.
We have sought a legal modality to investigate those sponsoring the malicious rumour and the blogs used to magnify the slanderous, malicious and defaming lies.

Grace Schools has thrived on a long standing record of integrity, credibility and honesty. As an institution whose teaching is hinged on honesty, and good moral conduct, we eschew any vice that may soil the hard-earned, and long-won credibility that the school is known for.
It is saddening that a media platform can jump at junk stories and in unconcerned desperation publish such without following the basic code of journalism, INVESTIGATE.
We also appeal to the general public to disregard the story as a deliberate attempt to create unnecessary crisis for this noble institution.
Please @lalasticlala needs to push this forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by ItayNinja: 10:22am On Aug 11, 2020
Why not follow the official statement instead of speculations and rumours?
Use Ijmb or Jupeb to secure your university admission without Jamb. Visit ijmbdivinehelp.com to enroll.
Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by Ibidere2020: 1:02am On Aug 12, 2020
It is so sad that a group of disgruntled parents can just sit down and concoct stories about their children's school just to have their way ! This is sad!
What foundation are they laying down for their children! I watched the show of shame Perpetrated by some of the parents at the school entrance on Monday 10th of August! Causing a nuisance in front of the school!
Is it not better for the school to put all the right measures in place , than to force them to open before they are ready? The school is taking their time so that there will no risk of an outbreak of infections as was and is the case in so many countries ie South Africa , Israel, USA, Ghana etc when schools resumed in these countries!
I don't know why parents are such in a hurry!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by DavinEd: 2:37am On Aug 12, 2020
Clearly it is a case of slander against the school. The school management in the letter sent to parents clearly stated that they do not have the adequate facilities to open the hostel for all students and still abide by governments rules. They even informed the parents in an online meeting almost two weeks ago. Some people are just wicked.

The school will surely overcome this.

2 Likes

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by Honidee: 7:37am On Aug 12, 2020
I stand with Grace Schools, the general public should ignore false news, because it's the case of slander against the school.

2 Likes

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by yomiobalola: 8:06am On Aug 12, 2020
This is a fake news and I'm glad the management of Grace Schools have debunk the rumour.
I strongly believe parents shouldn't have gone this length to show their anger on their children's school.
Things should be sorted amicably and for everything we do posterity will judge us.

2 Likes

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by yomiobalola: 8:07am On Aug 12, 2020
This is a fake news and I'm glad the management of Grace Schools have debunked the rumour.
I strongly believe parents shouldn't have gone this length to show their anger on their children's school.
Things should be sorted amicably and for everything we do posterity will judge us.

1 Like

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by AbahCharity(f): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2020
Until the media takes its role of reporting accurate stories and government takes its role of sanctioning platforms targeted at ruining hard earned reputation with stupid and salacious stories, innocent name might be slandered. Dialogue is a way of channeling grievances defamation is the most crude and unacceptable step. It shows the lack of integrity of the culprits. Grace Schools is a paragon of standards in education. All their actions where never taken without adequately informing the parents. The fact that that the boardinghouse remained close despite this blackmail shows that for them safety of both the students' and staff is paramount. A good parent should appreciate this measure. False news sites and news sources should beware of retribution.

1 Like

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by skmrwealth: 9:25am On Aug 12, 2020
Some fellows are always looking for unnecessary and cheap attention at the detriment of good people. They can't cook yet they like to destroy delicious delicacies. Shame on them! Shame on such parents! Poor parents.
Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by henroo2003: 10:42am On Aug 12, 2020
From the report I read, the parents never said they paid money for hostel. They only appealed to Grace Schools Management to open her hostel for students coming from far distance who had always been boarders from JSS1 but rather, the parents complained that the management advised them to get a hotel for their children during for the period of the WAEC.
For me, I think the school can settle that with the parents since the students are their students are have been boarders before the pandemic outbreak
Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by Olamide1234: 11:19am On Aug 12, 2020
Grace Schools has been known to thrived so long with records of integrity, credibility and honesty.
This is a total misfamed and trying to soil the image of a great institution .
Thank God the rumor has been debunked .

1 Like

Re: Grace Schools Debunk False Extortion Claims, Call Peddlers To Order by ladipops: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
Grace schools is a formidable institution with great reputation. They have thrived for so long with records of integrity and excellence. The news is fake and I am glad the rumors have been debunked. This is nothing more than an excuse for unnecessary attention. I am an ex student of the institution and I am proud to say that Grace schools will do no such thing. I stand with Grace Schools and plead with the general public to ignore fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

LAUTECH Pre-degree 2020 Past Questions And Answers / California Proposes Curriculum With Chanting Name Of aztec god Who Accepts Human / ASUU Is A Selfish Union!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.