Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

My Mini-bus: The Best Decision On It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Mini-bus: The Best Decision On It (749 Views)

I Need A Buyer For My Mini Dredger Plan / My Mini-importation Success Story / Investors Needed In My Mini Importation Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mini-bus: The Best Decision On It by damo2014(m): 7:27am On Aug 11, 2020
In February this, I bought this bus from an uncle at a price that was most favourable to me, because he needed some money so badly and also the driver that collected it on hire purchase always had one or two stories to give him. He himself actually bought it as foreign used in one of these ember months last year. All necessary documents on the bus were collected too.

Fast forward, after buying it from him in February, I also gave it on hire purchase and same problem he had with his own driver continued with me. Despite the fact my own bus driver couldn't work for three good months due to covid19 total lockdown, I had to take it from him almost immediately after total restriction was lifted.

Now my problem is this: I dont really know what next to do on it. The bus is in a very good condition with almost no problem apart from back light and little body work, to the extent that any one that sees it in the area always beg me not to sell it. They also add that I should not give it to any driver again, but be driving it myself. I never knew how to drive before, but I have used it to learn how to drive in the last one week. In my work, it is one week on, one week off. With this work arrangement at my work, people have advised that I should be using it to work in the week am at home.

This bus is a hotcake now in Lagos, cos its price has gone up since total restriction was restricted (ranging between 900k and 1.1m). The lowest price interested buyers have been coming to buy it 650k due to its good condition.

Doing transport with it, I don't think I can do that. So people, what decision do u think I can take on it that is the best. Pls I await ur advice o.
Re: My Mini-bus: The Best Decision On It by blackpanthar: 7:32am On Aug 11, 2020
damo2014:
In February this, I bought this bus from an uncle at a price that was most favourable to me, because he needed some money so badly and also the driver that collected it on hire purchase always had one or two stories to give him. He himself actually bought it as foreign used in one of these ember months last year. All necessary documents on the bus were collected too.

Fast forward, after buying it from him in February, I also gave it on hire purchase and same problem he had with his own driver continued with me. Despite the fact my own bus driver couldn't work for three good months due to covid19 total lockdown, I had to take it from him almost immediately after total restriction was lifted.

Now my problem is this: I dont really know what next to do on it. The bus is in a very good condition with almost no problem apart from back light and little body work, to the extent that any one that sees it in the area always beg me not to sell it. They also add that I should not give it to any driver again, but be driving it myself. I never knew how to drive before, but I have used it to learn how to drive in the last one week. In my work, it is one week on, one week off. With this work arrangement at my work, people have advised that I should be using it to work in the week am at home.

This bus is a hotcake now in Lagos, cos its price has gone up since total restriction was restricted (ranging between 900k and 1.1m). The lowest price interested buyers have been coming to buy it 650k due to its good condition.

Doing transport with it, I don't think I can do that. So people, what decision do u think I can take on it that is the best. Pls I await ur advice o.

Many of you who come here asking for advice NEVER ever give complete story.

See, WHO ARE YOU, WHAT DO YOU DO... WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT COST OF LIVING OR TAKE HOME SALARY....

we need to know these things before we can advice you in anyway.

Someone else may know how to sell it in this same lagos for 900k and use the 900k to make 1.4m in 5 months based on what he/she knows.... so to that person... we would say SELL IT.

Another person may not have a steady good paying job and may not even know how to multiply 650k and how to drive.... we can not be wicked and say he should sell his only means of livelihood na.

yet
Another person may painstakingly find a good driver and keep earning on the vehicle till he pays off.

So bros, next time explain yourself very well if you want us to understand your situation enough to help you with advice.

1 Like

Re: My Mini-bus: The Best Decision On It by damo2014(m): 7:47am On Aug 11, 2020
I really appreciate how u are coming in to advise.
Well, I work with a company which I am also planning to leave cos there is no future there, even after I have spent more than 8 years there. Take home too is relatively poor, at least that 90k. There is a business am planning to go into and in which I see good prospect. All I need to kick-start it is around 500k. Hopefully, if all plans work well, I would have no choice but to involve myself in full before year ends. I don't really plan working anywhere else. Though married, I believe it is better I take bold decision about my life before time leaves one behind, which may already be too late, by that time.

quote author=blackpanthar post=92687440]

Many of you who come here asking for advice NEVER ever give complete story.

See, WHO ARE YOU, WHAT DO YOU DO... WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT COST OF LIVING OR TAKE HOME SALARY....

we need to know these things before we can advice you in anyway.

Someone else may know how to sell it in this same lagos for 900k and use the 900k to make 1.4m in 5 months based on what he/she knows.... so to that person... we would say SELL IT.

Another person may not have a steady good paying job and may not even know how to multiply 650k and how to drive.... we can not be wicked and say he should sell his only means of livelihood na.

yet
Another person may painstakingly find a good driver and keep earning on the vehicle till he pays off.

So bros, next time explain yourself very well if you want us to understand your situation enough to help you with advice. [/quote]
Re: My Mini-bus: The Best Decision On It by blackpanthar: 7:51am On Aug 11, 2020
Do you have any marketable skills?

I mean like

Digital marketing
designs
normal marketing of goods and services

is your location lagos or abuja or where

to move your 300k to 500k is easy in 6months via INVESTMENT...but not BUSINESS.

Any you want to venture into sir, would need serious marketing... so I suggest you consider and sort that out ASAP
Re: My Mini-bus: The Best Decision On It by damo2014(m): 8:01am On Aug 11, 2020
I have digital marketing skills and would love to have another sellable one to be doing as a side hustle. Doing business is what I really want to do.
Is there any on ground?

blackpanthar:
Do you have any marketable skills?

I mean like

Digital marketing
designs
normal marketing of goods and services

is your location lagos or abuja or where

to move your 300k to 500k is easy in 6months via INVESTMENT...but not BUSINESS.

Any you want to venture into sir, would need serious marketing... so I suggest you consider and sort that out ASAP

(1) (Reply)

.. / Make Money With Sandtask / #2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.