Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Is It Raining In Your Area? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Is It Raining In Your Area? (2031 Views)

How Much Is Chicken In Your Area / Has It Started Raining In Your Area / Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2020
Wierdceo:

You're a woman? I celebrate u Ma . You're a hard working woman. God bless you.

Thank you sir grin. See how shame catch me grin grin. You have challenged me sir. Now I have to deliver on the hard-working part cheesy.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by kpas4kpas: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2020
It rained here last night in Fct Abuja but for Ogun state around owode- idiroko axis, where I just came from last week, it has not rain since mid June.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by Wierdceo: 9:06am On Aug 14, 2020
IamAsiri:

Thank you sir grin. See how shame catch me grin grin. You have challenged me sir. Now I have to deliver on the hard-working part cheesy.
Oh c'mon you're doing great already. You can choose to do more or not. Either ways you've done well already.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by greenmonk: 10:39am On Aug 14, 2020
IamAsiri:

Sir? shocked That's scary o. I'm just but a woman o. I don't have that kind of strength and my small kids will not even allow me.
Just buy rope and custard bucket and two 7litre buckets.
1-2 hours a day whenever you have time until you go round the crops and rotation continues until rainfall returns in September.
It's better than losing the whole crops. The dry spell is a national issue and I fear for food prices next year.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Wierdceo:

Oh c'mon you're doing great already. You can choose to do more or not. Either ways you've done well already.

Thanks sir.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
greenmonk:

Just buy rope and custard bucket and two 7litre buckets.
1-2 hours a day whenever you have time until you go round the crops and rotation continues until rainfall returns in September.
It's better than losing the whole crops. The dry spell is a national issue and I fear for food prices next year.

Thanks sir.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by Fundango: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
kpas4kpas:
It rained here last night in Fct Abuja but for Ogun state around owode- idiroko axis, where I just came from last week, it has not rain since mid June.
Here in Kano since July to August it has been Normal to Very Heavy Rain almost everyday even as am typing now the rain is falling
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by dedons: 6:25am On Aug 19, 2020
Jub101:
In iwo, Osun state. It been more than a month now because i planted okro June 27 and haven't seen rain since July 5
Chairman, please can I get acres of land to buy in Iwo that is below 100k?
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by Wierdceo: 6:53am On Aug 21, 2020
Fundango:

Here in Kano since July to August it has been Normal to Very Heavy Rain almost everyday even as am typing now the rain is falling
It seems to be raining in the north but the south remains dry. This is serious o. Am getting worried.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by kripen(m): 8:29am On Aug 21, 2020
2day is 21st August 2020 still no rain In Benin but it is cloudy as if rain want to fall.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:46am On Aug 21, 2020
IamAsiri:

My farm is inside my farm and we have well but I don't know how to go about the irrigation. Do I have to buy water pump and hose? Just priced it and they said the water pump is 40k while hose is 35k. I don't have that kind of money now as it's a bit on the high side. Do you have any more suggestion please? It's around 1200 heaps.

The hope the irrigation methods adopted in the link below helps.

https://www.nairaland.com/3601759/analysis-ugu-garden-using-clay

1 Like

Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
ferhyntorlah:

The hope the irrigation methods adopted in the link below helps.

https://www.nairaland.com/3601759/analysis-ugu-garden-using-clay

Thanks. But it's like 1200 heaps. The farm is inside my house.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by officialfestus(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
Wierdceo:
For several weeks now, there has been no rain where I stay in Edo state. Crops are not growing well. The weather is just very cold both day and night like it's harmattan. I want to know if its only here? Is it raining in your state or area?
Lalasticlala
no rain here in Benin but the cold ehn no go there
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by Wierdceo: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2020
officialfestus:
no rain here in Benin but the cold ehn no go there
Exactly the same here in Etsako west where i was recently

1 Like

Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by HornyTave: 10:38am On Aug 22, 2020
Rain showered in Benin yesterday, fell heavily in ife guess and benue - willybaby thread.

rains will be heavy in Sept
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
We are still on our knees praying for rain here in Osogbo cry embarassed
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by noeloge82(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
HornyTave:
Rain showered in Benin yesterday, fell heavily in ife guess and benue - willybaby thread.

rains will be heavy in Sept

Pls are u sure it fell heavily in ife
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by HornyTave: 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
noeloge82:

Pls are u sure it fell heavily in ife
A farmer friend hinted it fell in ife. I wasn't there
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by noeloge82(m): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
HornyTave:

A farmer friend hinted it fell in ife. I wasn't there
Ok I heard nothing there yet maybe its not all part of ife
Just hoping this strange dry season in between rainy season will stop soon
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by HornyTave: 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
noeloge82:

Ok I heard nothing there yet maybe its not all part of ife
Just hoping this strange dry season in between rainy season will stop soon

get irrigation kits and cruise the season better

1 Like

Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
HornyTave:

get irrigation kits and cruise the season better

Is it not too late for that? And how can it help people like us that planted just one and a half plot of maize?
Inasmuch as I would have loved to get the kits, I am not sure I can afford that right now.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by HornyTave: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
IamAsiri:

Is it not too late for that? And how can it help people like us that planted just one and a half plot of maize?
Inasmuch as I would have loved to get the kits, I am not sure I can afford that right now.

get a rain gun... I think 1 is enough though the farm is too small see and it's corn
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
HornyTave:

get a rain gun... I think 1 is enough though the farm is too small see and it's corn

Please how do I use it? How do I connect it to a water source? Does it need a hose?
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by HornyTave: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
IamAsiri:

Please how do I use it? How do I connect it to a water source? Does it need a hose?

I use drip, I haven't used Rain gun but I believe it requires a high pressure to work, like the pressure of water pump.

you're in Edo state I guess, where in Edo and what did you plant?
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
HornyTave:

I use drip, I haven't used Rain gun but I believe it requires a high pressure to work, like the pressure of water pump.

you're in Edo state I guess, where in Edo and what did you plant?

No, I am in Osun state.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by HornyTave: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
IamAsiri:

No, I am in Osun state.

ok... there are people around osun that sells and uses rain gun. dig nairaland and you'll get it
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 11:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
HornyTave:

ok... there are people around osun that sells and uses rain gun. dig nairaland and you'll get it

Ok. I actually saw an advert of raingun but it was just that, without any way to connect to a water source. If only I know how it will be connected to a water source. Please anyone who knows about it should please advise.
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by HornyTave: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2020
IamAsiri:

Ok. I actually saw an advert of raingun but it was just that, without any way to connect to a water source. If only I know how it will be connected to a water source. Please anyone who knows about it should please advise.

the person you're buying from would put you u through
Re: Is It Raining In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 9:52am On Aug 26, 2020
HornyTave:

the person you're buying from would put you u through

Okay. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

pic: see the mammoth python that was killed today. / Charcoal Exporting / Viewers Discretion - An Unknown Scary Creature Discovered, Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.