Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

I Want To Start My Blog - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Start My Blog (331 Views)

How Do I Stop Smadav From Popping Up Every Time I Start My Pc? / I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey / Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start My Blog by rasheedatt(f): 11:04am On Aug 11, 2020
I am really ready to start my blog, I need help support and guidance Morning guys
Re: I Want To Start My Blog by SamuelLoch: 2:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
What is your blog about?

When you're ready to employ an article writer, just send me a message...
Re: I Want To Start My Blog by CodeTemplar: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
What do you want be blogging? Tech or BBNaija kind of news.
Re: I Want To Start My Blog by rasheedatt(f): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:
What do you want be blogging? Tech or BBNaija kind of news.
tech
Re: I Want To Start My Blog by CodeTemplar: 4:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
rasheedatt:
tech
That's strange because it isn't so technical that a tech minded person will be stuck and besides, it is 95% content and 5% SEO.
Re: I Want To Start My Blog by rasheedatt(f): 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:
That's strange because it isn't so technical that a tech minded person will be stuck and besides, it is 95% content and 5% SEO.
Ok please what do you suggest?
Re: I Want To Start My Blog by CodeTemplar: 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2020
rasheedatt:
Ok please what do you suggest?
As somebody about to blog about tech, go ahead and do this one techy thing yourself - blogging.
Re: I Want To Start My Blog by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2020
rasheedatt:
I am really ready to start my blog, I need help support and guidance
Morning guys

Hello Hajia.
First you Need the following

• Niche : A Niche is What your Blog will be based on e.g tech, entertainment , news etc.
• Passion you must be passionate about the niche .
• Flexibility in writing and be super creative with it : you must be a prolific writer , ability to capture minds with your writeup, to be a prolific writer , you must have the ability to capture even the devil to read your blog , come back for more and anticipate your next write up.
• Time and Patience: in your blogging journey , you will be frustrated, at some point it will seem like it will never materialised, don't stop , be consistent and persevered.

All been said

Now setting up your Blog

• choose your CMS: the Most widely used are Blogger and Wordpress both are good
Blogger is owned by Google whilst WordPress is owned by WP organization.
here is The catch if you choose blogger, you don't need buy an hosting plan you only buy a Domain name, if you choose WordPress , you need buy both hosting and domain name .
Mind you , domain name is the name pointing URL of your blog e.g rasheedat.com , ABC dot com whilst hosting is where all your blog files and folder will be stored.

Choose a good registrar : registrars are companies who sell hosting plan and domain name, example of a good reistrars are Name cheap, domainking etc.

• Choose a Good and responsive theme : theme are pre designed template for blogs some are free , others a premium and paid , regardless of the one you choose, don't use a nulled theme , nulled theme are themes that consists of Virus , nefariously planted in a theme with the sole aim of hijacking your blog, avoid it like a plague. You can get a virus free theme from Themeforest.regardless they must be well optimized for all devices.

Now your blog is ready.

• Start writing write and be consistent
• Avoid Plagiarism, plagiarism include write up, copyrighted images, video etc. Be original
• include the following pages on your blog About us, contact us , privacy policy
• build your social media presence and share your contents e.g Twitter, Facebook Pinterest and Instagram.

After while you will be worried by not getting enough traffic
Traffic is the number of people who visit your blog to read your articles.
Now this will lead you to SEO

SEO is Search Engine Optimization : its literally a technique to get Search Engines like Google, Bing etc to index your blog and show it to users searching for keyword related to writeup on your blog and serve it to them to drive organic traffics .

SEO is a Sacred form of art it involve vast knowledge and expertise. When you reach that bridge there are several YouTube videos you can watch.
Note the higher your traffic ,the higher your chances of increasing your earning .
Now this bring us to MONETIZATION.

MONETIZATION is the process of Serving ads on your blog to make money .
Like the saying goes " the main aim of going to church or praying in Mosque is to make heaven "

When it comes to monetization AdSense remain the king and no rival whatsoever. However there are other contextual ad but Google Adsense remain the best.
The rigours of getting your Blog approved with Adsense is Larger than life but once you follow every details I wrote here you should be fine with easy approval wait for 3months before applying.

I wish you luck in your blogging journey

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start My Blog by bassdow: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
CodeTemplar:

...and how many Percent Copy & Paste

(1) (Reply)

I Need Api(s) For Phone And Account Number Verification / A Nairalander First Android Application / De Pils Global CMS (wordpress) Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.