Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding (1136 Views)

Help Start My Coding Journey / Can You Please Recommend A Digital Skill For Me? / Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by Edipet(m): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2022
Please I need a recommendation for an average laptop to start my programming. I have intention to buy another one when I master the programming, for now i need an average but good laptop of 50-60k, I will be learning excel, MySQL, python
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by airsaylongcome: 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Seriously though...why do you guys do this?! You want to drink Dom Perignon on a Trophy Lager beer budget

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by hooge: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
Edipet:
Please I need a recommendation for an average laptop to start my programming. I have intention to buy another one when I master the programming, for now i need an average but good laptop of 50-60k, I will be learning excel, MySQL, python
Based on your budget,I would say lenovo thinkpad x130e,core i3 320gb HDD (68k) or lenovo thinkpad x140e AMD A4,250gb HDD(52k).. each 4gb ram and I can tell you where to to get them
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by Toughluv(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2022
Where can one get such …. ?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by bedfordng(m): 11:37am On Mar 30, 2022
Edipet:
will advice you pause and addore fund to get a system with at least 8gb ram and sad even if it's 120GB space.

That cash can may get you a pentum dualcore system. Laptop price is increasing on daily basis. Don't make mistake of buying small GB ram lappy because you might get frustrated when you start running big project as most of the IDE will lag.

Although you can use Vscode but it may lag too. so your option will be to use any other less ram eating IDE like sublimeText, vim, atom etc.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by NO1ORIJINAL: 11:42am On Mar 30, 2022
Call/WhatsApp Nortele Computers @08106918738
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by roselynbas(f): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2022
I can provide you with an asus laptop or lenovo. Click my name and see my brand of laptops. I can help install the IDE for python, vscode for programming.
I'd recommend the lenovo cause of the speed and battery life. Offering 70k with charger.
320GB HDD, 4GB RAM (Upgradable when you have more money).
Core i3. 2.5Ghz speed. Lenovo L440. 4th gen.
Call or WhatsApp 08062451494.
I can even provide you with links and website to become a full stack developer with certificate free of charge.

Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by airsaylongcome: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
roselynbas:
I can provide you with an asus laptop or lenovo. Click my name and see my brand of laptops. I can help install the IDE for python, vscode for programming.
I'd recommend the lenovo cause of the speed and battery life. Offering 70k with charger.
320GB HDD, 4GB RAM (Upgradable when you have more money).
Core i3. 2.5Ghz speed. Lenovo L440. 4th gen.
Call or WhatsApp 08062451494.
I can even provide you with links and website to become a full stack developer with certificate free of charge.

Stop promoting websites that provide stolen content.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by roselynbas(f): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Stop promoting websites that provide stolen content.

Freecodecamp provides you with stolen content abi? Including alison.com. You better know who are talking to? I don't take kindly to online bullying. You better mind yourself! Nonsense.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by airsaylongcome: 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
roselynbas:

Freecodecamp provides you with stolen content abi? Including alison.com. You better know who are talking to? I don't take kindly to online bullying. You better mind yourself! Nonsense.

Lol! Stop foaming at the mouth kiddo. You are the one that should be minding yourself. Talking about "providing links and website to make you a full stack developer". You should have said freecodecamp and Alison instead of the lubbish of "providing" links like freecodecamp and Alison are some arcane website, when half the world knows of them. Geddifok fam. Sell your laptop and stop trying to "sweeten the deal" using freecodecamp. If you want to share resources, share them and stop being clever by half.

When I wrote my first line of code, you weren't even born. So seat your sorry ass down and hawk your Core i3 4GB laptop.

"free certificate" my black arse.

Look at the condition of the laptop and the sorry environment in which you took a picture of your dumbass laptop that a RPI 4 8GB will out perform

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by roselynbas(f): 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Stop foaming at the mouth kiddo. You are the one that should be minding yourself. Talking about "providing links and website to make you a full stack developer". You should have said freecodecamp and Alison instead of the lubbish of "providing" links like freecodecamp and Alison are some arcane website, when half the world knows of them. Geddifok fam. Sell your laptop and stop trying to "sweeten the deal" using freecodecamp. If you want to share resources, share them and stop being clever by half.

When I wrote my first line of code, you weren't even born. So seat your sorry ass down and hawk your Core i3 4GB laptop.

"free certificate" my black arse.

Look at the condition of the laptop and the sorry environment in which you took a picture of your dumbass laptop that a RPI 4 8GB will out perform

I'm really dealing with a psychopath. If you feel like calling clout, you picked the wrong person. I didn't know i was dealing with an adult with the faculty of a toddler.

I have seen 13 year olds speak intelligently than what was spewed above by a supposed old man.

Well, I guess the frustration is getting to you. Be calm my dear, life is not that hard.

Let me educate you my dear, marketing is about meeting a customer's needs. This guy has a need to the be met, I simply pointed him in the right direction. I have nothing to say to your ego. You cannot engage me in a conversation face to face. So be calm. Rest easy.

Well, Mr. Programmer, I'm thinking by now, you should have written your name on Forbes list.

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by airsaylongcome: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
roselynbas:

I'm really dealing with a psychopath. If you feel like calling clout, you picked the wrong person. I didn't know i was dealing with an adult with the faculty of a toddler.

I have seen 13 year olds speak intelligently than what was spewed above by a supposed old man.

Well, I guess the frustration is getting to you. Be calm my dear, life is not that hard.

Let me educate you my dear, marketing is about meeting a customer's needs. This guy has a need to the be met, I simply pointed him in the right direction. I have nothing to say to your ego. You cannot engage me in a conversation face to face. So be calm. Rest easy.

Well, Mr. Programmer, I'm thinking by now, you should have written your name on Forbes list.

Lol! Customer needs a Laptop. You are retroactively promoting freecodecamp that doesn't need any promotion. Sell your wretched Core i3 4GB laptop "UK used" laptop. Given The volume of dust on the casing I can only imagine the horror the CPU will have undergone.

Talking about not being able to talk to you face to face, meet me at the VVIP section at Cubana in VI. A crate of whatever cheap beer you drink on my tab.

And yes, life is not that hard. That's why I'm not Hawking and antiquated Laptop
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by roselynbas(f): 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Customer needs a Laptop. You are retroactively promoting freecodecamp that doesn't need any promotion. Sell your wretched Core i3 4GB laptop "UK used" laptop. Given The volume of dust on the casing I can only imagine the horror the CPU will have undergone.

Talking about not being able to talk to you face to face, meet me at the VVIP section at Cubana in VI. A crate of whatever cheap beer you drink on my tab.

And yes, life is not that hard. That's why I'm not Hawking and antiquated Laptop

Whatever rocks your boat baby. You can enjoy Cubana status or drink on nairaland. Cheers!
Now to important matters!

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by roselynbas(f): 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2022
Edipet:

Please, don't pay mind to the self acclaimed "IT gurus", just follow your path.
Start where you are, Google each of the job roles and the career path to learn and you are good to go.

LinkedIn learning is one of the best place to start to get the career path for each IT role.

I have 12 years experience in Telecoms industry: 4 in customer service, 7 in IT hardware support (repair and maintenance), 4 in Business analysis {self service channel development and SIM Reg application Support particularly, in NIN integration}

I also work remotely for foreign clients.

Stating this so you know i do not give info without facts.

I resigned this January and started a computer repair shop cause it is time to strike out on my own and this has always been my passion. That desk is my repair table.

Click on my username and you'd find laptops for various segment of customers. I import directly from the USA.

Buzz or chat if you need my services.

Do have a blessed day.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by airsaylongcome: 2:04am On Mar 31, 2022
That's right. Sit the Bleep down. 12 years yen yen yen. Sit down. Sell your products if you have to but don't come here using pirated content to try sell your products under the guise of "marketing is meeting the customers needs". How hard was it to straight up mention LL as a resource. Come here talking about "I can provide you free resources" and even harping on "free certificate". Got called out and negro is mouthing off freecode camp and Alison.

I'm in the Telecoms business cuz. Front end at that designing, deploying and support entire phone systems and their supporting server infrastructure. So don't come here mouthing off about "I have 12 years in Telecoms". Contract service provider coming to form King Kong here. Lubbish. Selling dumped US e-Waste under the guise of "I sell US Laptops". Don't get me started dumbo

OP,
It's going to be hard to get a good entry level developer laptop with your budget. Sure people are going to say buy an under powered one now and you can upgrade it later. Dirty lies. Ask them if their US junk laptop uses DDR4 RAM or if they are still stuck in DDR3 First Gen. Ask them about the processor specs and what year the model was launched. Merely looking at the dirty table the laptop was placed on, I don't want to think even a business centre worth it's salt will like to use it for ordinary word processing. Save some more and buy a laptop that will give you joy. I'd say you should budget around about ₦150k for a good entry level US used laptop.

Selling a 9 year old piece of American e-waste. 9 YEARS! And they expect the OP to run state of the art programming tools on a PC built for Windows 8 and maxing out at 16GB RAM

Re: Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding by Luzebox(m): 7:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
new whatapp group...for folk still learning web development...u know html css javascript django...so we can link-up..work on projects together...learn etc..reach me on 08106908991 to be added

(1) (Reply)

Will All Our JS Skills Become Useless / Checkout My Nairaland Clone. / Is Nigeria Really The Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.