Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,717 members, 7,865,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners (12386 Views)

Incredible: Korede Bello & Olamide Pictured Together At The 2011 Headies Awards / UPDATE - Red Carpet Photos + Winners From The 87th Academy Awards #oscars / African Beauty Queens Show Off Their National Costumes At The 2011 Miss Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by ideylaff: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2011
You av not seen anything yet, Time is comming where all celebrities will stand in stage with just pant and Bra. all in the name of fashion
LOL

U wait till they start appearing in their Birthday Suits all in the name of fashion smiley
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by babyboy3(m): 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2011
Full List of African Winners
R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals: Sade, “Soldier of Love,” Soldier of Love

SADE is an ENGLISH BAND

Africa ko Afripo ni
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by ideylaff: 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2011
SADE is an ENGLISH BAND

Africa ko Afripo ni

LOL smiley We 2 like Good Thing,
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Afam4eva(m): 5:59pm On Feb 14, 2011
Rihanna is not beautiful.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by usbcable(m): 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2011
I dont get this,
time immemorial the mens clothes are always simple and covered,
the ladies try to outwit each other in nudity and absurdity of the attires.

Look at all the male celebs non was weird in his outfit but the ladies half breast quarter buttocks ugly hairstyle and the list goes on.

i tire for them sha.

soon na bare body the ladies will be wearing to show they are "confident" of themselves angry
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by kadman(m): 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2011
Toni Braxton finally got old sad But it was a good ride while it lasted.

I will never understand Clive Davis obsession for Whitney Houston

Good to see someone pointing out Sade is a band not a musician. I've been arguing that will dumbs forever.

Apart from the egg stunt Lady GaGa is starting to run out of ideas, like people predicted.

Grammy is losing it's edge. . .some many washed out stars and people who shouldn't be there. 10 years ago Lionel Richie couldn't even get an invite, now see.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Princek12(m): 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2011
i wont mind chopping riri
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Princek12(m): 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2011
afam4eva:

Rihanna is not beautiful.

She is sexy, big difference. I will take sexy over beautiful--lojokojo.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by AngieFan(f): 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2011
kadman:

Toni Braxton finally got old sad But it was a good ride while it lasted.

Good to see someone pointing out Sade is a band not a musician. I've been arguing that will dumbs forever.

Whitney was Clive's biggest discovery and she made him a ton of money back in the day.

Sade is a band but they only go by that name when they back the singer Sade Adu. This came about in the 1980s when the record Company signed only Sade as a solo artist. Sade then told them that she came with the band, that they were all called 'Sade' and refused to sing without them backing her. The record company still only issued one contract for 'Sade' and till this day the money is only paid to her and she splits it evenly with the band. It must also be noted that Sade is the main songwriter and lyricist for the band.

When the band don't back her they are called 'Sweetback' and they have backed many artists like Maxwell and Amiel Laureux.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Nakele(f): 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2011
Rihana's dress, oMG what was she thinking when she left her house??
I love KK (Kim K) she looks HOT as usual,,,,,,,, Beyonce, oh B ma gal, love ur outfit,,,the two Jens,,,,,beautiful outfits,,,
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Nakele(f): 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2011
Rihana's dress, oMG what was she thinking when she left her house??
I love KK (Kim K) she looks HOT as usual,,,,,,,, Beyonce, oh B ma gal, love ur outfit,,,the two Jens,,,,,beautiful outfits,,,
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Ibomade1: 10:51pm On Feb 14, 2011
kiss kiss
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by zibe(m): 12:02am On Feb 15, 2011
Finally, Toni Braxton got around to putting on some clothes without exposing much.

At last, Fantasia Barrino won an award. Been a long time coming. Jennifer Hudson is really looking slim here o! Whatever did she do to her body. Good for her sha.

Didn't get to watch the show but I heard it was not much of an event compared to that of other years. Don't know how true though.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by semid4lyfe(m): 1:20am On Feb 15, 2011
Hmm. . .most of the celebs look ok.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Myluv1: 2:34am On Feb 15, 2011
Lady Gaga 's gone gaga o! shocked And whats up wif ma gurl Nicki, shocked shocked, Weird is the word baby.

What are these celebs tryin to teach/showcase to our kids
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Mobinga: 2:36am On Feb 15, 2011
nas is god!
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by shotster50(m): 2:48am On Feb 15, 2011
richylaw

Just happy to see the awards, though not all outfit are gorgeous. Gaga will forever be gagaric,  trust her. Sade's group award got me happier just because it has further proven the ignorance of a certain nairalander who was arguing blind and vague that Sade is an old school with no relevance, in fact the quuestion then was who is Sade? I am sure this throws more light on who is who in the R&B world.

Lwkmd , Are  you saying Mama Gee is ignorant Tell us something we dont already know.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by iice(f): 3:37am On Feb 15, 2011
Gaga i love her but i was kinda underwhelmed by her outfit. Very tame.
Kim K is raiding JLO's closet. Nuff said. . .never once showed anything original in her life.
Nicky Minaj looks like one of those stuffed animals. . .her stylist must be a taxidermist.
Hmmm na wa for Lady Antebellum. Love them sha
For once in soo many years, Kidman looks almost alive with just the right dress.
Riri oooo. . . lost major points for her edgy dressing. Sooo toilet rug.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Dsense(m): 6:07am On Feb 15, 2011
@Rihanna is so frustrated . , What a desperate wear? grin

@Justin Biebar or whatever wanna get tall by all means. grin

@Drake  , ,Hmmm i love the dress cheesy

@Whitney . . . .You remain the best kiss

@Minaj . . . LOOKS LIKE PHOENIX . . . .She is mouthed grin
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by shilling(f): 6:46am On Feb 15, 2011
Omotola was there in all her "sexiness".

WOW @ the dress lmao! Where's her wedding ring anyways?

Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:04am On Feb 15, 2011
WHAT IS IT,THAT YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD WITH OUR "GREEDY" SERVICE PROVIDERS?
HERE IS 18G FOR JUST N2,000!!!
UPDATE ANTI VIRUS,SOFTWARES
OPEN ALL SECURED SITE LIKE YAHOO,GMAIL,LIBERTY RESERVE,FACEBOOK,YAHOO MESSENGER
DOWNLOAD FULL MOVIE,MUSICS,GAMES ETC
18G EVERY MONTH!!! ALL THE WAY, INDIAN WEB PROXY
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Eddy13(m): 7:39am On Feb 15, 2011
No one seem to be rating the guys. Okay I like Bruno Mars.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by rhymz(m): 8:15am On Feb 15, 2011
Whitney is looking so very nice and I like the fact that she is aging with so much grace. Somebody says he does not understand Clive's obsession with her, may be you dont really know who Whitney Houston really is then. Go look her up I guess. Up till date, I am yet to find any female miuscian with her kind of vocal skills and power. Back in her days in the 80s Whitney was like the female version of Michael Jackson, she was the first african american femal artiste to get heavy play rotation on MTV, till date most of her songs are evergreen. Even I, a male have many of her songs on my IPod and laptop, she has a way of singing that that moves you to the soul, very few people can do that. Even when she sings other people's songs, she makes you forget the original owners, up till 2day, "I will always love you" (which arguably is the highest selling motion picture soundtrack in history) was actually written and initially sung by Dolly Parton but not many people know that, same with many of her singles from "saving all my love for you", "All the man I need" to "greatest love of All", she did all of them better and made people forget their owners. Her total record sales is in the region 170-200 million copies, only a few artistes have such an intimidating record sales and they are all Legends from MJ to the Beetles, Madona, celine dion and good old Maria Carey.
So my Dear Whitney Houston is no small fry, if anyone is obsessed with her, she deserves it cos she is all talent musically, if not for that junkie Bobby Brown that introduced her to drugs she would not ve fallen out of grace but she is ok now and doing her thing. . .I like that song she did with Akon "like I never Left" babe has still got steam even now. Even the one with Enrique Iglesia "can I ve this kiss forever" was my Val favourite song to my gal. . .lol. Nuf said jare!
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by footreja: 10:59am On Feb 15, 2011
shocked shocked shocked Is this man, omotola's husband? See his hands on her 'behind'. 9ja men, we too like to tap current. grin grin grin

Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by ckz: 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2011
[/quote]Toni Braxton finally got old   But it was a good ride while it lasted.

Apart from the egg stunt Lady GaGa is starting to run out of ideas, like people predicted.

Grammy is losing it's edge. . .some many washed out stars and people who shouldn't be there. 10 years ago Lionel Richie couldn't even get an invite, now see. [quote]

@ Kadman Why wouldnt he be obsessed with whitney houston she has been one of his best selling artists and he has been working with her for over 26 years. She was also one of the first people to be signed to Arista so they go a long way.
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by yme1(f): 2:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
Omo is getting big again oh shocked

by the way i need more pics of pregnant beyonce wink
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Kadabra05: 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2011
omeonu:

Must ladies/girls show their breeaast/nakeeed body before they think they are beautiful. Though I must confess that some of the ladies look nice

You av not seen anything yet,   Time is comming where all celebrities will stand in stage with just pant and Bra. all in the name of fashion,.  angry

EHN. EHEN NOW! have u not seen our Lady Gaga. watch her video 'telephone'. pant and bra is better sef. she was practically naked, and only had selotpe round her, and didnt even have the courtsey to keep both her legs shut whilst she was LITERALY up close to the camera. CRAZY ! but j'adore gaga. i wonder if she'll ever be as mad to actually have one of her naked videos unsensored. lol grin
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Kadabra05: 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2011
jennykadry:

Gawd omotola IS a disgrace,who on earth bought her that gown?she no get mirror?

If she had worn this dress e for even better

looooooooooooooooooooool grin cheesy !! i get what u mean, but there the dress enhances her curves (as if it wasnt visible enough anyway undecided), so, i'm guessing thats the only reason why she wore it.
i admire her acting skills and everything, but i'l support u on this- i dont think she had a mirror at home (perhaps it broke, lol)
apart from that, her face is acceptable. cheesy
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Brisingr(m): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
janelle monae totally rock wit dat hair style
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Echez25(m): 9:08am On Feb 16, 2011
THE AWARD WAS AN AWESOME EVENT. SOME ARTISTS WERE LOOKING REVISHINGLY GREAT,SOME VAIN AND FAKE, SOME BITCHY. ITS ALL GOOD. AMERICA WOULD STILL BE A HEAVEN ON EARTH,IF THEY EMBRACE GOD MORE. sad shocked cheesy cry
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by bestinlife: 9:58am On Feb 16, 2011
Whitney Houston has always been a beautiful woman, i love her
Re: The 2011 Grammy Awards: The African Connection, Red Carpet Photos & Winners by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2011
Concern! cry
Some of these stars are ageing rapidly we should start looking for replacements.

Its so sad we are begining to loose them age wise,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid Buys Atm Machine In His House / Danity Kane / Olakunle Churchill Offers Scholarship To 10 Students Of UNILAG Through Praiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.