Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Referee Punched In The Face For Giving Out Red Card!(photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Punched In The Face For Giving Out Red Card!(photos) (497 Views)

Ronaldo Thanks Cavani For Giving Him His Man Utd No 7 Shirt / Pep Guardiola Becomes First Manager To Receive Yellow Card (Photos) / FIFA Strips Maradona Off Ambassador Role For Giving Nigerian Fans Middle Finger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Referee Punched In The Face For Giving Out Red Card!(photos) by ABballer100(m): 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
A referee was punched in the face at an amateur pre-season friendly after sending off a Sporting Club de Mundial player in London on Sunday.

Police and ambulance services attended, and referee Satyam Toki, 28, says he is deciding whether to press charges.

Sporting Club de Mundial, set up by the Mundial media outlet, say the player has been removed from the club and will be offered mental health support.

"We categorically condemn the horrific actions," they added on Twitter.

Toki said that he had asked the player several times to control his language and stop complaining, before giving him a 10-minute sin bin.
"He started walking towards the bench and while walking away he threatened to see me after the match," Toki said.

"That was the point where I showed him the red card and got punched immediately in the face. I almost lost my vision for a couple of seconds, followed by excessive bleeding."

Toki said he was concerned that if he pressed charges the player who attacked him might lose his job, but added: "On the other side, if I don't press charges, in the future he might do the same thing to another referee."
Via BBC Football

Re: Referee Punched In The Face For Giving Out Red Card!(photos) by ABballer100(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2020
Crazy things happening everyday
I wish say na dat ref wey officiate fa cup final or Tom ovrebo.
If I catch those ones I go kill them �
Re: Referee Punched In The Face For Giving Out Red Card!(photos) by chukwuibuipob: 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2020
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Harry Maguire Been Taken To Court After Punching A Police Officer / Etebo Arrives Turkey For Galatasaray Medicals / Thiago Alcantara Tests Positive Of Corona Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.