Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years (5024 Views)

In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / Boy Shows His Zanku Legwork, Gbe Body Dance Moves, People Confused About His Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Imbees: 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
My husband just recently told me that he had been lying about his age all this while. We have been married for almost 8 years with two kids. And he told me he was 6 years older than me when we first met, while infact he is 10 years older. I feel really betrayed and now I don’t know what to believe anymore. How can one lie about his age for this long? What else is he lying about? I don’t even know how to react but I am definitely not happy about this. Would I be overreacting by showing that I am angry about this?

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by khaffi2(f): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
Speechless
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2020
His prick might be a lie too... Try to look around the prick carefully if you would see anything like screws or tape.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Vyzz: 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2020
Pele....

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Sisijetue(f): 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2020
Mummy calm down
Age is just a number

24 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Coder2Client(m): 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2020
What's your problem about 6 to 10 age difference. You better get sense and face your marriage.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Mindlog: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2020
Coder2Client:
What's your problem about 6 to 10 age difference. You better get sense and face your marriage.

If after 8 years of marriage your wife tells you her real age, what would be the likely emotion(s) you would feel/express?

25 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Prof0fficial: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2020
10years age difference isn't enough...I prefer nothing less than 15. catch them young.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Coder2Client(m): 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
Mindlog:

If after 8 years of marriage your wife tells you her real age, what would be the likely emotion(s) you would feel/express?

If am still older than her, there is no need to raise an eyebrow over that. Your case is similar to that but you tend to be too much concerned about it. What I sensed in you is, you have other things that you suspect about your husband which makes you think he's hiding something about himself to you.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by ibrutex(m): 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2020
I could imagine how you'd feel ,if he can lie about the age for that long who knows which other false information have you been holding onto.

It better you let it out, show him how disappointed you are and let him know you will have investigate thoroughly of any claim he gives henceforth, if he shows remorse .... forgive him though.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by GboyegaD(m): 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
It's quite painful. Hopefully, you can find it in your heart to forgive him and you guys start all over again.
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Enskynelson(m): 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
It's really a bad thing but my advise is that you let go and move on until anything else comes up along that line. No happiness without true forgiveness. Cheers.
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by dulux07(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Coder2Client:
When cases like this happen, you question your partner's credibility. You start wondering what else the person has been lying about, if he/she can lie about such.
So it's less about the age now.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Coder2Client(m): 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
dulux07:

When cases like this happen, you question your partner's credibility. You start wondering what else the person has been lying about, if he/she can lie about such.
So it's less about the age now.

Alright
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Mindlog: 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
Coder2Client:

If am still older than her, there is no need to raise an eyebrow over that. Your case is similar to that but you tend to be too much concerned about it. What I sensed in you is, you have other things that you suspect about your husband which makes you think he's hiding something about himself to you.

Which husband, do I look like the OP? cheesy

Like someone mentioned earlier, it is about credibility. It is not just about the difference between 6yrs and 10yrs but going forward, raised eyebrows- skepticism.

She has to process it at her own pace and find a way to move on.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by thorpido(m): 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
While it's bad that your husband lied about his age what surprises me is how people date without ideas about some things.
How can someone be 10 yrs older than you and you don't know?His friends,his siblings,time he finished school etc should give you a clue.

Well,you can't change 'age' now.You have to accept he lied and need to know he's not lying about other things e.g his certificates.
Forgive and be at peace.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Unnerve: 11:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
Imbees:
My husband just recently told me that he had been lying about his age all this while. We have been married for almost 8 years with two kids. And he told me he was 6 years older than me when we first met, while infact he is 10 years older. I feel really betrayed and now I don’t know what to believe anymore. How can one lie about his age for this long? What else is he lying about? I don’t even know how to react but I am definitely not happy about this. Would I be overreacting by showing that I am angry about this?
Lol, and here I was thinking you wanted to know if the age falsification was a good enough reason to divorce him.

If it's just anger you intend to show, but you need people to tell you first that it's okay to be angry, then I don't think you're really angry at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Kemimarch16(f): 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
I understand you but I just want u to know that age is just a number, please forgive him and don't let little thing destroy your home

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Karleb(m): 11:52pm On Aug 11, 2020
Guys! It's not about the age o.

It's about lieing to the woman for 8 good years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by merieam16(f): 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
Sisijetue:
Mummy calm down
Age is just a number
Okay.. its just a number abi so y did he even lie atall, moreover his even a guy he shouldnt tink of lying about his age unless his looking for a job.
If its a lady, a lot of ladies are gud at that nd u wont blame them dat much buh for a guy, it doesnt just make sense.The guy is just a pathological liar and d lady should always make sure she finds the truth on his every word
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Acrobatics01: 2:46am On Aug 12, 2020
I have always learned that if you want peace and joy in marriage, you have to keep your head up and minimise unnecessary distractions.

But if your are tired and want war, then you have to attend to every distractions.

He has told you already, does it change anything?

I understand that it may affect how you trust him subsequently but never allow this trival issue to hurt and hunt you.

Swallow the information he told you and never let anyone else know it. it's not anyone's business.

The devil is a roaring lion seeking whom to devour.

This is a trap.
All the very best in your marriage

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by rhemauni: 3:08am On Aug 12, 2020
Age is a number

U better face ur marriage

10 years older is even better, now show more respect she is not ur mate. grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by uboma(m): 4:58am On Aug 12, 2020
Sisijetue:
Mummy calm down
Age is just a number

It's not just about the age but the fact that he maintained a lie for 8 years.

The man could have other secrets he's keeping away from his spouse.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 12, 2020
Women and things that do not matter..

Is he a Provider Man?? If yes, I plead on his behalf..

if No... drag him by his boxers around the village square and let the gods judge him for 600years!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Nobody: 5:19am On Aug 12, 2020
How can you not know? So for 8yrs you never saw his personal documents, met his younger and older siblings, his parents, childhood friends or at least hear him talk about his childhood to figure out his age?

I don't believe this story. I mean 4yrs difference is too big not to be noticed if one is smart and observant enough. Just tell me when you finished primary school and I'll easily place you in an age range not more or less than 2yrs.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by IvarTheBoneless: 5:55am On Aug 12, 2020
grin
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by bjprodint(f): 6:57am On Aug 12, 2020
That man loves you,he may be thinking that if he had opened up on his real age,you wouldnt have married him.older men are better lovers,you should know by now.

for you not to have noticed shows that you are not really close to him or his family.

it also shows that you have a fine husband,who looks younger than his age.

Abeg,tell him that you are angry with him,but dont scatter the house with your voice,character or hands.listen to him and forgive him.there are worst men out there.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by InfernoNig: 6:57am On Aug 12, 2020
So, if he had told you then would you have married him?
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by akp202(m): 7:01am On Aug 12, 2020
Imbees:
Madam calm down na 10years difference. The age difference is acceptable. U did not find out ur self but rather he was d one that told u. He was wrong to have lied to u though but I think u should over look it but that does not mean u can't tell him u were not happy with d fact that he lied to u initially in a respectable manner. If u react by bringing down d roof trust me he may not want to share certain things with u again just to maintain d peace in the home.... Marriage na wisdom.
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by folake4u(f): 7:19am On Aug 12, 2020
yettymuse:
Women and things that do not matter..

Is he a Provider Man?? If yes, I plead on his behalf..

if No... drag him by his boxers around the village square and let the gods judge him for 600years!

Lmaoooooooo at the ending! grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Bush2013: 7:20am On Aug 12, 2020
Kemimarch16:
I understand you but I just want u to know that age is just a number, please forgive him and don't let little thing destroy your home
you're pretty come get Sense too. Weldone
Re: My Husband Has Been Lying About His Age For 8 Years by Kemimarch16(f): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2020
Bush2013:
you're pretty come get Sense too. Weldone
tanx

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Me And My Husband Syndrome / Should I Stop Helping Anyone Living In Nigeria? / Gas Cooker For Sale....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.