Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria (1338 Views)

How Does A Single Man Deal With The Lack Of Physical Intimacy? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / Who Is The Most Humblest Man Of God In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Ganjaseed: 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2011
I wonder why people always says "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm". This statement is applicable when there is an anointed one and a prophet. But in Nigeria there is non. In Nigeria we have peddlers of the gospel and seekers of self honour and praise. Lets think back to the time of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Elisha and Elijah in their time things happened that is indisputable, the evidence that God is indeed with them and that they carry the anointing of the Most high God was clear till date. Comparing this to the practice of Nigerian pastors, many will even doubt the existence of God.

I hereby encourage any one having any good scriptural back reason to rebuke any so call man of God to do so without fear nor favoure. PAUL REBUKED PETER SHARPLY IN THE ACT OF THE APOSTLES concerning circumcision of the flesh. Go and read it.
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2011
@poster

Pastor worshipers will roast you alive! Just get ready for their bashing!

BTW if you need a good combat weapon like the MASADA, pls call on me i will lend you one for free fully loaded wink
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by jpworld(m): 12:10am On Feb 15, 2011
For me dey are Man of Dog, no such things as man of God. Nobody knows God.
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Osama10(m): 3:38am On Feb 15, 2011
At least people are beginning to see clearly.
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Azibalua(f): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2011
@ poster
Since in your heavy status of unbelief you think there is no man of god in Nigeria,then tell us what's your criteria for a man of god, and then name anyone you know
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by mabell: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2011
and where can we find one please?
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by osaroodion(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2011
when people don't have anything to say,why don't they just keep quiet? there is a difference b/w i want to say something and i have something to say! if u believe the ones we have are not men of God, why don't u become one.u just feel like saying rubbish, u would've as well said that u've never seen any real father(daddy) in Nig before.RUBBISH
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
I have my reservations about every preacher, and this is biblically justified. Jesus himself admonishes us to trust no man, as God is the only one we can trust.
Don't get me wrong, I will do my part in the body of christ and I will help my pastor anyway I can, but there are some more things Jesus said during the course of his ministry that people disregard today.

I have learnt during the course of my Christian life to stick to what Jesus says to the letter, as that is the best way to guard one's self from being deceived.

To name a few:
Jesus says: Call no man "father" (In a religious context I'm sure) for you have one father in heaven and He is God and you are all brothers.
Today: Especially with the catholic brethren, they call every priest "father" (in the same religious context Christ admonished against). They even take their own much further and call the pope "the Holy Father". undecided

Jesus says: Do not put your faith in man.
Today: People feel comfortable referring to God as "the God of pastor/bishop Bleep". Though I am in one of such churches, I do not follow them to say this and I cringe every time I hear this, because I rather refer to God as God my father (kpam) and not the God of this man or that man, because in all honesty, I am not in their heart and I will not assume on knowledge of that magnitude that has not been explicitly given to me when referring to my [/b]heavenly father. Only God knows who sees him as their God and who doesn't, regardless of a display of Signs and Wonders.

I think my fellow christians need to be VERY careful in these endtimes and not joke around with these warnings Jesus put forth for [b]this time
as He knew why he said them.
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by mabell: 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2011
Like you said, these are your reservations
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by toyemz(f): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2011
@ poster
I understand your view point oh
although
i honestly wouldn't say there is no single man of God in Nigeria
but if there are they seem to have taken a back seat and are more concerned about getting the word of God across than actually pleasing the people and telling them what they want to hear!
what is more rampant and loud and scary are those who tell people want they want to hear and not what they need to hear.Truth is truth and it should not be coated in any other way as done in many churches home and abroad

I think many people should read the Bible for what it really says and not for what some paster has translated it to be
The Bible doesn't condone bad and wrong.so there is no point in justifying it or giving it another meaning
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by osaroodion(m): 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2011
@2buff, u don't have anything to say jo,
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 15, 2011
I don't have anything to say? did you even bother to read it?

I'm not agreeing to the heading of this thread. There are definitely children of God and men of God from naija. I consider myself one of them, as should every christian. However, I am simply saying that christians need to tone it down on how they worship men, as Jesus has admonished against. Jesus had reasons for saying these things. But I guess you're also going to tell me Jesus had nothing to say. undecided
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Joagbaje(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2011
mabell:

and where can we find one please?

What do you expect from a sheep without a shepherd ? grin grin
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 16, 2011
Ganjaseed said:

wonder why people always says "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm". This statement is applicable when there is an anointed one and a prophet. But in Nigeria there is none. In Nigeria we have peddlers of the gospel and seekers of self honour and praise. Lets think back to the time of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Elisha and Elijah in their time things happened that is indisputable, the evidence that God is indeed with them and that they carry the anointing of the Most high God was clear till date. Comparing this to the practice of Nigerian pastors, many will even doubt the existence of God.

Never read so much garbage in my life. First off, there is not a scintilla of evidence that ''Isiaiah, Elisha and Elijah'' (assuming they actually existed), ever encountered any ''God'', or ''Most high God'', beyond the CLAIMS made in the Jewish bible by its writers.

Just because something is written in a book by white people does not mean it is the undisputable truth ''from God''.

DUMMY!
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 16, 2011
OP, it must be said that what you said is extremely not true.
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by baslone: 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
These pastors or prophets should be judged guilty until proven innocent!

All of 'em!!! No exception!!
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by mabell: 5:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
and who's gonna judge them, you!?!
And what would be your yardstick?
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by LoveKing(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2011
@mabell tell your co peeps, you cant stop the revolution.
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by mabell: 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2011
LoveKing:

@mabell tell your co peeps, you cant stop the revolution.

You tell your incompetent recruits that you are beating against a hard wall
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Azibalua(f): 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2011
@ love king
What revolution?
In your dreams lol!
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by jpworld(m): 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2011
Religion doesn't work anymore. Is just a fake stuff, thou dey control millions of mind, Just like Chinese fake goods control the market, only few people buy the original stuff.
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by mabell: 10:14am On Feb 17, 2011
jpworld:

Religion doesn't work anymore. Is just a fake stuff, thou dey control millions of mind, Just like Chinese fake goods control the market, only few people buy the original stuff.

I totally agree with the emboldened sentence but the truth is Christianity is not a religion, its a way of life
It's living a Christ like life
when you come to full grasp of this, you will begin to see things clearer and understand things better
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Jenwitemi(m): 11:18am On Feb 17, 2011
Quit lying to yourself, mabell. Christianity is a religion just like all the others. The more you christians try to paint christianity as something else but a religion, the more it looks and remains just that, A RELIGION.
mabell:

I totally agree with the emboldened sentence but the truth is Christianity is not a religion, its a way of life
It's living a Christ like life
when you come to full grasp of this, you will begin to see things clearer and understand things better

Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by ogoamaka99(m): 11:20am On Feb 17, 2011
Oh! What an unfortunate and terrible situation in Nigeria. A nation without a "single man of GOD" WHEREAS THERE ARE MANY MEN OF THE DEVIL including the poster.
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Pimpu(m): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2011
@mabell ITS EITHER U AR ONE OF THOSE WHO BENEFIT FROM CHURCH MONEY OR U HAVE NOT FALLEN VICTIM,WHICH EVER WAY ITS JUST A MATER OF TIME. cool
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by Ganjaseed: 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2011
Hahahahahahahaha this is interesting. Because you gave your father and mother in the Lord men and women of God does not mean they are certify in the real scenes that they are indeed so. By their fruits we shall know them cross check with the spiritual manual handed over to us from the patriarch of the gospel and see for yourself if any of those men did anything doubtfull. If the scandal and misbehaving attitude of these so called men of God as it is today, was also recorded of those pioneer of the Gospel, would you believe in JESUS? then what would have happen to the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ?
Re: There Is No Single Man Of God In Nigeria by osaroodion(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2011
Christianity is not a religion, it is simply the pulsating life of Christ. it is the life of God supplanted in the human life, divinity at work in humanity. Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

Atheism: The illogical philosophy / Destiny: What Is It All About / Shoud The Nigeria Government Continou To Sponsor Pilgrimage In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.