Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. (1199 Views)

What Programming Language Is Best To Learn Data Structures And Algorithms? / Data Structures And Algorithms: A Beginner's Journey. / How Much Does It Take To Design An APP In Nigerian Companies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
I have written two code tests this week both from Nigerian companies and the questions were data structures and algorithms questions from places like leetcode and hackerrank.

This were high paying jobs so it's understandable. Guys if you are learning to code, please set some time out to learn data structures and algorithms. It's becoming important. I bet very soon all companies will implement it and use it as a standard to hire developers.

They both went horribly. I used a brute force approach and my solutions were only able to work for a certain number of test cases. I doubt I would be getting called back but I am going to take this seriously and learn this.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by Karleb(m): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
grin grin

You'd be surprised. From what I've heard most don't really care about the final result, they are more interested in the explanation and approach to the problem. Even if you don't get it right they might still consider you suitable.

Besides, a brute force algorithm that works is better than a better one that doesn't.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
Karleb:
grin grin

You'd be surprised. From what I've heard most don't really care about the final result, they are more interested in the explanation and approach to the problem. Even if you don't get it right they might still consider you suitable.

Besides, a brute force algorithm that works is better than a better one that doesn't.

Chale the thing shock me. I thought Nigerian companies don't employ like that. Another small medium company asked me to do a code tests grin.
Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by vheckthor1: 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
I have written two code tests this week both from Nigerian companies and the questions were data structures and algorithms questions from places like leetcode and hackerrank.

This were high paying jobs so it's understandable. Guys if you are learning to code, please set some time out to learn data structures and algorithms. It's becoming important. I bet very soon all companies will implement it and use it as a standard to hire developers.

They both went horribly. I used a brute force approach and my solutions were only able to work for a certain number of test cases. I doubt I would be getting called back but I am going to take this seriously and learn this.

it's good you learn it o, any company can require it.But banks don't really care though but it's better to know it than to be sorry

1 Like

Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by Taofeekdboy(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
For me, as a developer, developing complex websites will increase your knowledge about data structures and algorithms. The way you approach problems matters as well

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by Anonime1105(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hmmmm interesting, no big deal about it though!
Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by islamics(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
Data Structure/Algorithm test is part of developer recruitment process just like most job applicants go through aptitude test.

In some cases, the company might get back to you for the next stage even if you don't pass all the test cases.
I was once called for the next stage of one recruitment even as I didn't pass all the test cases. I pass 12 out of 17 sha.
Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by Olalekank(m): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
Care to share the questions you were asked?
Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
Olalekank:
Care to share the questions you were asked?

I honestly dont remember. I wanted taking screenshots for practice later but I was being monitored through my webcam.
Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by Olalekank(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I honestly dont remember. I wanted taking screenshots for practice later but I was being monitored through my webcam.
It’s cool
You should check out Leetcode too.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by Savagethe21st(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

did you later get it

1 Like

Re: Guys, Prepare Yourselves. Nigerian Companies Now Test With Data Structures. by boninho: 12:46am On Aug 21, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Baba, greetings....please kindly add me to the WhatsApp group as regards entering a programming career path. Your recent post about programmers leaving this country was eye opening....08118101497

(1) (Reply)

Any Free Frontend Dev For Forex Website / Oracle Tutorials / Ajax And Responsive Web Solutions Has Finally Come To Nigeia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.