Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism (2177 Views)

When Last Did You Go Out For Evangelism? / Mike Bamiloye: Witchcraft Made Me Go Into Production Of Christian Movies / Lord's Chosen Church Launches Aircraft-Looking Vehicle For Evangelism In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by DigitalIdeas: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hello my beloved Christian brethrens,

I am about starting film projection evangelism in my area with the sole aim of soul winning.
I will like to get recommended Christian Movies I can use for the evangelism.

I need something that can connect with street people and influence them to accept Jesus Christ.

Emphasis should be on soul winning and getting people saved.

I await your response.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
DigitalIdeas:

I am about starting film projection evangelism in my area with the sole aim of soul winning.

I need something that can connect with street people and influence them to accept Jesus Christ.

I await your response.

You may want to check out this thread
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by DigitalIdeas: 12:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
Still waiting my brethren smiley.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2020
This is an old movie but its good for evangelism and very interesting.

High way to the grave.

Some Mount Zion films too are good. Just check through the list of movies. You'll get some pretty good ones.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:27pm On Aug 21, 2020
There's one called "burning hell" which I watched as a kid. It's old but I could remember how moved I was after watching it in a church meeting. It scares the "burning" hell out of you.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
DigitalIdeas:

I await your response.
Jesus Christ Superstar... grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5910490/jesus-christ-superstar-1973

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
There's one called "burning hell" which I watched as a kid. It's old but I could remember how moved I was after watching it in a church meeting. It scares the "burning" hell out of you.

That "burning hell" is it that white movie where two friends will be in the garden and one will disappear? Then later they started cutting off people's head after the rapture? Mehnnn ... I saw that movie as a kid. Veeery scary.

I think it was deeper life church that used that movie for film shows those days in an open field.

1 Like

Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Brachaa:
That "burning hell" is it that white movie where two friends will be in the garden and one will disappear? Then later they started cutting off people's head after the rapture? Mehnnn ... I saw that movie as a kid. Veeery scary.

I think it was deeper life church that used that movie for film shows those days in an open field.
I think I saw that ridiculousness as a child too in deeper life.... It was meant to scare people to God but that is useless and wicked. I saw the very same movie years later, and have since fallen in love with the horror genre as a result.

Anyone who uses fear to turn people into God is not of God. Why? Because God did not come to scare people to Himself. He came for those who are tired of the world and its ways. No man should use fear to engage any other man in the name of God. That in itself is wickedness

1 Like

Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I think I saw that ridiculousness as a child too in deeper life.... It was meant to scare people to God but that is useless and wicked. I saw the very same movie years later, and have since fallen in love with the horror genre as a result.

Anyone who uses fear to turn people into God is not of God. Why? Because God did not come to scare people to Himself. He came for those who are tired of the world and its ways. No man should use fear to engage any other man in the name of God. That in itself is wickedness

Oh.. You saw it too grin lol. Very scary Mehnn.

I think the idea is not to scare people but to warn them of the great tribulation that is to come/ befall them if they fail to accept Christ.

Those days though. Come and see false repentance afterwards only to later go back to old ways after days when the fear has worn off heheheheee...
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
Brachaa:
Oh.. You saw it too grin lol. Very scary Mehnn.
I think the idea is not to scare people but to warn them of the great tribulation that is to come/ befall them if they fail to accept Christ.
Those days though. Come and see false repentance afterwards only to later go back to old ways after days when the fear has worn off heheheheee...
It was always to scare people into accepting God, and the result was clear back then too as you admit yourself. But Jesus Christ extended His invitation only to those who were weary and heavily laden, not to those who were scared shitless by a movie into considering Him.

But about theories of tribulation and rapture, did you know that those who are unbelievers, those who do not accept Jesus Christ, do not have to worry about eternity ANYWHERE? If you read the bible with your eyes open, you are bound to see that only those who willfully accept Jesus Christ can have eternal life since Jesus Christ is eternal life, while those who do not, end up in the grave after death and nowhere else afterwards.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
It was always to scare people into accepting God, and the result was clear back then too as you admit yourself. But Jesus Christ extended His invitation only to those who were weary and heavily laden, not to those who were scared shitless by a movie into considering Him.

But about theories of tribulation and rapture, did you know that those who are unbelievers, those who do not accept Jesus Christ, do not have to worry about eternity ANYWHERE? If you read the bible with your eyes open, you are bound to see that only those who willfully accept Jesus Christ can have eternal life since Jesus Christ is eternal life, while those who do not, end up in the grave after death and nowhere else afterwards.

By tribulation, I mean the suffering those who'll be left behind on earth will pass through after the rapture before they finally die.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
Brachaa:
By tribulation, I mean the suffering those who'll be left behind on earth will pass through after the rapture before they finally die.
I am not worried about such. What I am more worried about is the lies being told by those MOGs to all people to scare them into accepting a sentence that they don't really need to sign themselves up for.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am not worried about such. What I am more worried about is the lies being told by those MOGs to all people to scare them into accepting a sentence that they don't really need to sign themselves up for.

Lol.. Kai! You?

Ok o. grin
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
Brachaa:
Lol.. Kai! You?
Ok o. grin
I am being serious here!

If you do not accept Jesus Christ, you simply live out your life on earth, and die... the end. That is what Jesus Christ seems to have said, and it also explains why He never spent time extending His teaching to those who did not care for what He had to offer.

But if you accept Jesus Christ, you do not get death as the end... you continue to live, only where is the issue. If you don't get your act together before the end, you end up in the nethers -- only those who do right by God end up in Heaven.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2020
the cure for all disease has been found, check my signature for details.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am being serious here!

If you do not accept Jesus Christ, you simply live out your life on earth, and die... the end. That is what Jesus Christ seems to have said, and it also explains why He never spent time extending His teaching to those who did not care for what He had to offer.

But if you accept Jesus Christ, you do not get death as the end... you continue to live, only where is the issue. If you don't get your act together before the end, you end up in the nethers -- only those who do right by God end up in Heaven.

Ok, Sir.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by truthmatters: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
DigitalIdeas:

I await your response.
. Pilgrim's progress
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
Brachaa:

Lol! I think so but it been over thirty years now so I've forgotten some of the details. I could still remember there were two friends though, and one of them died in a motorbike accident and his head was cut off in the accident and was still I think in his helmet. Really scary.

I think there was also a hell scene there but can't recall much about it. It was also the church I attended at the time, CGM that used it to evangelize at the time outdoor with a projector and white screen.

So yes, you may be right.

1 Like

Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2020
truthmatters:
. Pilgrim's progress
Another lovely one which I watched as a kid which impacted my life long term. I think this one had more lasting impact on me than burning hell, even though burning hell was more scary.

1 Like

Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 22, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Lol! I think so but it been over thirty years now so I've forgotten some of the details. I could still remember there were two friends though, and one of them died in a motorbike accident and his head was cut off in the accident and was still I think in his helmet. Really scary.

I think there was also a hell scene there but can't recall much about it. It was also the church I attended at the time, CGM that used it to evangelize at the time outdoor with a projector and white screen.

So yes, you may be right.

Yes that it! Wanted to mention the motor bike part but felt you might not remember. Yeah, the Guy on jean jacket with full curly hair or something like that.

Anyways it was really scary though and I'm sure it served it's purpose in the life's of the adults then.

1 Like

Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Brachaa:

Yes that it! Wanted to mention the motor bike part but felt you might not remember. Yeah, the Guy on jean jacket with full curly hair or something like that.

Anyways it was really scary though and I'm sure it served it's purpose in the life's of the adults then.
Really? That means you're right then. That part came as a complete shock to me because it wasn't long after they were just discussing something I think that related to eternity and then kaboom!

Maybe that's why it remains so vivid. I think if their intention was to strike the reality of the truth hard at people that it sticks, they succeeded. Who knows what all these little pieces contributed to the result of one's eventual salvation? I also remember Pilgrims Progress which I believe had more impact on me. So yeah!
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2020
Brachaa:

Jesus Christ said He came to save, not condemn.

The movies you mentioned were set to condemn minds, causing them to act out in fear. That purpose has nothing to do with the purpose Jesus Christ came to man.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2020
=jesusjnr2020 post=93102186]

Yes it is.

Maybe that's why it remains so vivid. I think if their intention was to strike the reality of the truth hard at people that it sticks, they succeeded.

Yeah true.

Who knows what all these little pieces contributed to the result of one's eventual salvation?

Yeah I think it did. Cos no one will see such movies then and not be imparted spiritually which will eventually lead one to Christ.

That movie is indeed a great Evangelical tool as it sows a seed of repentance that grows over time. And I guess its the reason you and I, including kobojunkie who watched it are here today saved by His Grace.

Hallelujah!

1 Like

Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said He came to save, not condemn.

The movies you mentioned were set to condemn minds, causing them to act out in fear. That purpose has nothing to do with the purpose Jesus Christ came to man.

You know human beings can very stubborn at times hence the need for such stern reminder and warning.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by petra1(m): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2020
DigitalIdeas:

I await your response.

1.LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT
2. DISTANT THUNDER.
3 VANISHED
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Brachaa:
=jesusjnr2020 post=93102186]

Yes it is.

Yeah true.

Yeah I think it did. Cos no one will see such movies then and not be imparted spiritually which will eventually lead one to Christ.

That movie is indeed a great Evangelical tool as it sows a seed of repentance that grows over time. And I guess its the reason you and I, including kobojunkie who watched it are here today saved by His Grace.

Hallelujah!

The movie was most definitely not a great evangelical tool. It preyed on the fears of people much like any horror flick would, complete departure from Jesus Christ's message to those who would become His followers.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The movie was most definitely not a great evangelical tool. It preyed on the fears of people much like any horror flick would, complete departure from Jesus Christ's message to those who would become His followers.

smiley
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2020
Brachaa:

You know human beings can very stubborn at times hence the need for such stern reminder and warning.
Jesus Christ also knew humans were stubborn even during His time, yet He never once forced His way into the minds of the people during His time.

If the problem of eternity in hell was really a matter that concerned every living soul as many preachers suggest even today, why was Jesus Christ not forceful in His preaching of the good news of the kingdom during His time? Why didn't He should the same doom and gloom messages about death and hell that has become the foundation of much of Christian belief today?

When Jesus Christ said, " come to me all ye that are weak and heavy laden, and I will give you rest", why only those who are weak and heavy laden? Why didn't He simply say something like, " come one, come all, and I will give you rest"?
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by JOACHINpedro: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2020
left behind God is not dead
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ also knew humans were stubborn even during His time, yet He never once forced His way into the minds of the people during His time.

If the problem of eternity in hell was really a matter that concerned every living soul as many preachers suggest even today, why was Jesus Christ not forceful in His preaching of the good news of the kingdom during His time? Why didn't He should the same doom and gloom messages about death and hell that has become the foundation of much of Christian belief today?

When Jesus Christ said, " come to me all ye that are weak and heavy laden, and I will give you rest", why only those who are weak and heavy laden? Why didn't He simply say something like, " come one, come all, and I will give you rest"?

Every one has their style. John the Baptist if you remember preached differently too but same message. Just like your approach is different from every other person here.

To each its own.
Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
petra1:

1.LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT 2. DISTANT THUNDER. 3 VANISHED
D Movie Should Tally With D Theme Of Ur Program.

1 Like

Re: I Need Christian Movies Recommendations For Evangelism by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2020
Brachaa:

Every one has their style. John the Baptist if you remember preached differently too but same message. Just like your approach is different from every other person here.

To each its own.
This isn't about style but about the authenticity of the message.

John the baptist did not preach the same message that Jesus Christ preached. So there is really no comparing the two of them.

Using fear to scare people into accepting the gospel runs counter the message that is the gospel. Jesus Christ never taught that it was meant for everyone..only those who wanted it. After all He did specify that only those who were weak and heavy laden, could get what He had to offer. So there really was no need for Him to try to scare anyone into coming to Him then and for the same reasons there is absolutely no reason to scare anyone into coming to Jesus Christ even now.

Matter of fact, it is possible that those who were scared into accepting Him truly have no part in Him because they came for the wrong reasons and not the reasons He started.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Woman Possessed With An Evil Spirit Of Dog Set Free / Some Nairaland Atheists Are The Most Arrogant Cowards Ever! / PHOTO: Born Again Christian Gets Jesus Christ Tattoo Design On His Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.