Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) (102153 Views)

Ilashe Beach - One Of The Most Luxurious Beaches In Nigeria / Airpeace Embraer E195-E2 Jet Was On Display At The Dubaiairshow2019(photos) / ₦6.5m Ticket: Inside Crystal Skye, World's Most Luxurious Commercial Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by stacyadams: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2020
kingjoe:
yes you are right.the list is almost endless.infact the first man to start container business in abia state is from abiriba.obewu onwuka.we also have onwuka interbiz.owner or onwuka nails.infact in the 80's and 90"s .more than 50percent of manufacturing firms in ABA belong to ndi abiriba.
late NoKo

2 Likes

Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by stacyadams: 12:43am On Aug 14, 2020
adecz:

One funny thing about Abiriba is
that, with all the modern buildings &
amenities, it doesn't have hotels for
lodging & you can hardly find a restaurant!!

I went there for an occasion a few years
back & almost got stranded in getting s
place to lodge.

We finally got attached to a business
tycoon that gave us his guesthouse to
stay & spoiled us silly with all the
entertainment modern guys crave.
I can't go into details, but we had a blast,
since many daughters of eve from surrounding
higher institutions were around to
lively up themselves wink wink wink
grin grin grin

na so..but them get one Noko guest house wey dey that roundabout as u dey enter abiriba

1 Like

Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by stacyadams: 12:46am On Aug 14, 2020
Grandmeister:

Abia state gets that bad rep because of some dilapidated roads in aba that has been recycled on the internet..when you look at those recycled pictures you will think that’s the real picture of the entire state..nothing could be further from the truth.
grin grin grin how many years dem don dey construct osisioma fly over bridge?

abeg make i verify dis info from you grin
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by Grandmeister(m): 6:40am On Aug 14, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin grin how many years dem don dey construct osisioma fly over bridge?

abeg make i verify dis info from you grin
5 years and counting! angry
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 14, 2020
Lubbish
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by stacyadams: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2020
Grandmeister:

5 years and counting! angry
grin grin grin grin grin

the problem is not constructing one bridge for 5 years,,the problem is (counting) grin grin

the word(counting) in your statement means no hope grin grin
it might take additional 100 years to construct osisioma bridge grin
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by fuckaholic25(f): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
I am ashamed of my village! arrgh
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by Kfed4ril(m): 12:43am On Aug 15, 2020
booscy:

Ka nule

Goh nta mee au?
Lol
Na abriba una dey speak?
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by LadySarah: 7:17am On Aug 15, 2020
fuckaholic25:
I am ashamed of my village! arrgh

Why, pls?
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by LadySarah: 7:18am On Aug 15, 2020
Kfed4ril:
Lol Na abriba una dey speak?
Does it look lyk French? Lol
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by fuckaholic25(f): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2020
LadySarah:

Why, pls?
as I was told... it's full dilapidated buildings and no healthy water system.
then I heard how wicked they are.
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by LadySarah: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2020
fuckaholic25:
as I was told... it's full dilapidated buildings and no healthy water system.
then I heard how wicked they are.

Which village, pls?

There's what we call the danger of a single story. You can't believe it because someone said or experienced such.
My parents believed such and never took us home unless very necessary but my uncles didn't and every opportunity they had home straight. When my dad died, we started following my uncle home and found out those were untrue.

Today, it's our second home. Everyone of us including our children.

If you don't put hands together, your place will remain dilapidated. That's what Bende Ohafia axis of Abia state doesn't want. There's a healthy competition going on and when you as a son comes home and sees WHT your mates have done, nobody will tell you that those were lies.

Don't let offspring not know their roots. Biko, there's no place lyk home.

1 Like

Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by fuckaholic25(f): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2020
LadySarah:

Which village, pls?

There's what we call the danger of a single story. You can't believe it because someone said or experienced such.
My parents believed such and never took us home unless very necessary but my uncles didn't and every opportunity they had home straight. When my dad died, we started following my uncle home and found out those were untrue.

Today, it's our second home. Everyone of us including our children.

If you don't put hands together, your place will remain dilapidated. That's what Bende Ohafia axis of Abia state doesn't want. There's a healthy competition going on and when you as a son comes home and sees WHT your mates have done, nobody will tell you that those were lies.

Don't let offspring not know their roots. Biko, there's no place lyk home.
actually it wasn't my dad who told me... whenever I tell people about my village, d first thing dey do is sigh, dey den tell me that the village is for the powerful... my dad asked me last week if I was going to accompany him there, I said No. I don't want any problem for my unborn children jare
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by seniorkachion(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2020
Ishiewo:
boss, how sure are you?

Just joking. Both the Igala and Benin are claiming Oguta. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by Kfed4ril(m): 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
LadySarah:

Does it look lyk French? Lol

Yes o
Apart from the general Igbo, I don’t understand any other dialect of it, at all

1 Like

Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by andyanders: 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
majamajic:

One thing I like about them is they are very silent , not noisemakers , they get mind , they preserve their culture , they love their village , they like that their main language , they are one of first town to hit money in SE till now that money never depart , they also marry themselves as in same town

You can see that in Uzo Kalu. They love themselves, their culture and very industrious in nature.

Kudos to Abiriba people

1 Like

Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by much123456(m): 10:38am On Aug 18, 2020
Edda
Kojiek:

Nwane jokwa! Ibu onye Item?
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by ukaegbuagbai: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ezennwa:
You are right, Orji Uzor Kalu's Village is even more beautiful than that of Abiriba
which igbere that's more beautiful than Abiriba? pls, don't go there ����
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by ukaegbuagbai: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
stagger:

His name is Ebitu UKIWE, not Ukiwo!

Haba! is it the same Chief of General Staff under IBB's government before Aikhomu we are talking of?
Chief Oko Ebitu Ukiwo that's his real name not ukiwe
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by Cousin9999: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2021
Looks more like the Caribbean than London.
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by ukaegbuagbai: 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2021
stagger:

I have friends from there and I have attended the "iwa akwa" ceremony of one of them. Besides, my junior brother married from that area.
nothing like iwa akwa in Abiriba tradition or culture. maybe you're taking about Igwa Mang or Ime Uche ceremony
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by ukaegbuagbai: 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ezennwa:
Yeah, Abiriba is unique but not the best village in Abia State. There are awesome Villages in Abia that look like a city
mention them
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by ukaegbuagbai: 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ezennwa:
Abiriba is a Village that looks like a city, but not the best as far as Abia is concerned. There's a village in Abia State that surpassed Abiriba in all ramification
where are those villages that surpassed Abiriba in Abia state?
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by ukaegbuagbai: 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
lonelydora:

Nwanne'mi ira achi?
is not from a clan of irachi, but an Abiriba man
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by ukaegbuagbai: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
Kfed4ril:
Lol Na abriba una dey speak?
lol����
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by ukaegbuagbai: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ezennwa:
Yeah, Abiriba is unique but not the best village in Abia State. There are awesome Villages in Abia that look like a city
And the name of that village in Abia state that is beautiful than Abiriba is call what?
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by MadarasBlade(m): 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2023
vickydevoka:
Abiribas are jst like nnewi de only difference is that Abiribas travels make money over seas n industrialize their buh nnewis travel n make money n bring industry back to home town. Dats y nnewi is the Japan of Nigeria n West Africa at Large

Nnewi and abiriba no be mate abeg, no town or lga in the east compares to nnewi.
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by vickydevoka(m): 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2023
MadarasBlade:

Nnewi and abiriba no be mate abeg, no town or lga in the east compares to nnewi.
We know.
Re: Abiriba, 'Small London': Luxurious Abia Town Put On Display (Photos, Video) by Jesuschristonw: 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
How bro, oga abiriba has billionaires that don' t make noise....lnfact count abiriba industries in Aba alone...you will know that those people don't make noise at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.