Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa (282 Views)

LP Delaying Progress By Refusing To Pay N1.5m To Access Documents Requested. / Video : Votes Buying in Progress By PDP In Edo State / The Entrance To The Imo Exhibition Center Commissioned By Osinbajo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by TheRareGem1(f): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
*Blame current delays on road construction

As traffic management in Apapa continues to receive more attention, the Amalgamation of Container Trucks Owners Association of Nigeria (ACTOAN) and other stakeholders in the area on Wednesday commemded the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo-led Presidential Taskforce on the timely restoration of law and order on the axis.
The truck owners, residents and other stakeholders in Apapa said that the ongoing road constructions in Lagos metropolis and within Apapa environs is responsible for the recent slow pace of movement into Apapa.
They said the timely intervention by the Osinbajo-led team has restored sanity, saying that the recent slow vehicular movement into the Apapa was caused by the massive road construction and rehabilitation on major access roads.
They lauded the enforcement of law and order in the movement of tankers, trucks and other heavy duty vehicles in Apapa and its environs, in spite of the road construction-induced challenges.
Speaking on the development in Apapa, the ACTOAN Chairman, Chief Olalaye Thompson, said there was no traffic in Apapa anymore following the intervention of the presidential task force popularly known as ‘Task Team’, saying the call-up system introduced had been effective in the movement of trucks and other vehicles within Apapa.
According to Olaleye, who spoke in a telephone interview, the current transportation challenges were due to ongoing construction works in and around Apapa, adding that construction works on the Third Mainland Bridge, Marine Bridge and Mile-2-Tin-Can axis were responsible for what appeared to be a slow pace of vehicular movement in Apapa.
Also speaking, a resident, Wahab Jimoh said more private cars now ply Apapa more frequently due to the restoration of law and order on the axis.
On his part, the Executive Vice Chairman of the Presidential Task team on Restoration of Law and Order in Apapa, Comrade Kayode Opeifa insisted that there is no gridlock in Apapa as being reported.
Opeifa, who spoke in Apapa, said that most of the roads within and round Apapa that are currently under construction were either abandoned or left in deplorable conditions by the previous administration, adding that Buhari-Osinbajo-led Federal Government awarded road construction projects as part of the moves to completely restore sanity in Apapa.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/stakeholders-commend-progress-by-osinbajos-team-on-apapa/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Redoil: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
you people should stop deceiving your selves the amount of traffic on that road is something else
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Simplyleo: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
[s]
Redoil:
you people should stop deceiving your selves the amount of traffic on that road is something else
[/s]
Shut up.
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by okefranci: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
I called my brother who lives in Apapa just this morning and said there was no traffic there although there was go-slow due to ongoing construction and with times things will become normal
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Zeemam: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
I was on that road two days ago and there was no traffic there
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by OgundeleTeju: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
The road is free just a little traffic and I want to really appreciate what Osinbajo team has done
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by okefranci: 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
Redoil:
Na lie ,I have a brother who stays in that area and he told me it was only the go slow because of the ongoing road construction
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Jollylolly(f): 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2020
The extent of work carried out in Apapa is very commendable. My friend and i passed through Apapa two days ago and to our greatest surprise, there was no traffic like before although there is a very light go-slow due to the ongoing road construction in the area. It is laudable what VP Osinbajo and the team have done to the area. It is more of a total transformation. Beware of fake news in this social media.

1 Like

Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2020
U mean thanks to buhari for appointing a good team

U guys said vice don't have power but now wants to give him credit ? ...una no well
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by NOC1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
Redoil:

Do you leave in Apapa or use the road on daily basis?

If you do you might agree with them, for the past two weeks I have been leaving my house at Festac by 7:30Am and I do get to office by 8:15-8:30. Only yesterday I witnessed small traffic at Costain.

I leave office by 3:00 and get to my house by 4:15, I must confess their was ease of movement, my initial thought was it happened because of Sallah break.
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Deputy1111(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
This administration has really done a great job at Apapa, movement of vehicles is now as easy as anything. On lime then when drivers sleep on the road due to gridlock.
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Joyce95: 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
The road is free just a little traffic and I want to really appreciate what this administration have done
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Shooyie: 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
They have done a very good job. There have been traffic due to the road construction and all but generally a good job done.
Re: Stakeholders Commend Progress By Osinbajo’s Team On Apapa by Zeesugar(f): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2020
Good job. When the road is fully completed there won't be go slow anymore

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Edo Must Move Forward / Technology No Longer A Luxury, It’s Our New Way Of Life, Says Osinbajo / Bayelsa Guber Ruling: Ewhrudjakpo Dedicates Victory To God, Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.