Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked (39727 Views)

She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / He Was Sacked For Making Bad Comments On Report Cards / Sacked UNILAG VC, Ogundipe, Withdraws Suit Against Babalakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
More details have emerged in the sack of the Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos, Prof Oluwatoyin Ogundipe.

He was accused of financial misappropriation, wrongdoing, gross misconduct and abuse of office.

Below is an official statement released and signed by the University Registrar and Secretary to Council:

The general public is hereby notified that an emergency meeting of the Council held on Wednesday 12th August, 2020 and in accordance with the statutory power vested in it by law, the Governing Council of the University of Lagos hereby removed Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe from office as the Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos with immediate effect.

The decision was based on council's investigation of serious acts of wrongdoing, gross misconduct, financial recklessness and abuse of office against Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe.

https://politicsnigeria.com/just-in-why-unilag-vc-ogundipe-was-sacked-list-of-allegations/

Meanwhile, in a release signed by the Vice Chancellor himself, he insisted he remains the Vice Chancellor and advised that the release by the Registrar be disregarded

Re: Notice to the General Public on the Removal of the Vice Chancellor, University of Lagos by Oladejo Azeez, Esq

The attention of the University of Lagos (Unilag) management has been drawn to the ‘Notice to the General Public on the Removal of the Vice Chancellor, University of Lagos’; dated August 12, 2020 and signed by Oladejo Azeez, Esq, Registrar and Secretary to Council, stating that the current Vice Chancellor, Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS has been removed from office with immediate effect.

This is untrue and a figment of his imagination. Therefore, stakeholders of Unilag and the general public are advised to disregard this mischievous disinformation about the sitting Vice Chancellor of Unilag, contained in that notice. Professor Ogundipe still remains Unilag’s Vice Chancellor.

Thank you.
Signed
Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS
Vice Chancellor, Unilag

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by toffyz(m): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Misplaced priority

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Baloranking(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
grin to

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Rahkman: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Abiamaka(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Thank God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by bash8936: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
They should leave this man alone...Best VC Unilag had in years.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by seniormallam(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
When educated people start behaving like a motor park boys , this is the result.

But today's great shocker was Shekau condemning kano death sentence ruling........meeeed ooooooo

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by femmyAdagba(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
This one is thick ooh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Racoon(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Have the ICPC, EFCC, NPF, DSS been involved?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by WinLABSstores: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Interesting...

It's not easy to move on... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by WinLABSstores: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
I thought they already elected/nominated a new VC already...?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Afonja man

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by DirtyGold: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Money sharing activities must be involved grin

What's tha business?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
nawaooh nah so he story serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by kingwonder: 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Same school, different letterheads.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Techiprises:
Pahose
I knew lala will ban the guy above me.
Reason?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Zico5(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria where anything goes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by jericco1(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Rugged you my brother grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by deepwater(f): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
with such signature?
that Registrar must be a certified clown

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by atiku4President(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Why are brothers fighting themselves in UNILAG?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by Seikiri1: 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
bash8936:
They should leave this man alone...Best VC Unilag had in years.
Why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by yinkus6750(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
Corruption everywhere.
Surprised the Academia isn't exempted.
If they don't want him, he should step aside .
Service to humanity isn't by force.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remain UNILAG VC - Ogundipe Says As Details Emerge Of Why He Was Sacked by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIPORT: Fight Broke Out Between Two Students Over Orientation Drinks (Photos) / 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know / Why You Should Have Your Postgraduate Study In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.