Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad (2314 Views)

My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village / Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by majorbravo: 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hi people,

I'm in my early 30s and i plan to come in to Nigeria and possibly start a family when the time is right, but I'm looking for a cool city to set base in. Some people have suggested Lagos, some Abuja, but im sure i can weigh a wider level of options if you guys can help with some recommendations . Here are my specifications:

1. Family friendly.(for when I eventually get married)
2. Security (Safe environment for returnees).
3. Good job/business prospects
4. Affordable House rent. (Possibly 2-3 bedroom flat for 6 months: can I get a good house for 6 months rent?)
5. Serene environment (Middle class society and definitely not rural).
6. Stable Electricity (not constant but at least not the kind with blackout for weeks)
7. Good roads (I can drive).
8. Sensible people with sane mentality (very important that the inhabitants of the city have a good head on their shoulders).

Thanks.

Please if you give a state, please be specific about the area within the state, as I hear some areas may differ within each state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
No place in naija matches your taste.

So,remain where u are and thank me later

Many wan commot neva 2 come bk naija again

N/b: if u come bk na u do yourself nt village ppl

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Commentor: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2020
Abuja

Ibadan

Enugu

Lagos.

Kano.
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by majorbravo: 8:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:
No place in naija matches your taste.

So,remain where u are and thank me later

Many wan commot neva 2 come bk naija again

N/b: if u come bk na u do yourself nt village ppl
Hi bro,

I will only be in Nigeria for about 6 months to test the waters then I'll decide to stay or leave based on my experience. Abroad isn't really all that great either. Whatever talents we've got is spent on western countries who don't value black people as much. I just want to be able to contribute something to my fatherland. Possibly start a family.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Kemimarch16(f): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
Lagos,Abuja,Abia,Ogun,Kano and PH
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by majorbravo: 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
Commentor:
Abuja

Ibadan

Enugu

Lagos.

Kano.

Kemimarch16:

Is this in order of preference? can you list any good cities within the states?
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
majorbravo:

Hi bro,

I will only be in Nigeria for about 6 months to test the waters then I'll decide to stay or leave based on my experience. Abroad isn't really all that great either. Whatever talents we've got is spent on western countries who don't value black people as much. I just want to be able to contribute something to my fatherland. Possibly start a family.

Guy u 4ni
2 start family na d only tin u wan contribute 2 naija

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ibadan.
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
majorbravo:
Hi people,

I'm in my early 30s and i plan to come in to Nigeria and possibly start a family when the time is right, but I'm looking for a cool city to set base in. Some people have suggested Lagos, some Abuja, but im sure i can weigh a wider level of options if you guys can help with some recommendations . Here are my specifications:

4. Affordable House rent. (Possibly 2-3 bedroom flat for 6 months: can I get a good house for 6 months rent?)
6. Stable Electricity (not constant but at least not the kind with blackout for weeks)
8. Sensible people with sane mentality (very important that the inhabitants of the city have a good head on their shoulders).

Thanks.

Please if you give a state, please be specific about the area within the state, as I hear some areas may differ within each state.
your specifications matches Jericho/Ile tuntun ibadan.
Almost 24hrs light, serene environment, good road, sane people and almost quiet neighborhood

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by missyojo(f): 8:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hi poster,

Abuja is your sure bet. As for accommodation for a 2-3 bedroom apartment, per annum is from 600k. I don't know if they collect 6 months payment and this 600k is in lugbe axis you can get apartment for such amount.

For a serene environment with light and access road, I advise you get an apartment in an Estate as they are secured and always boasts of electricity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by highbee02: 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kemimarch16:

Ogun State? U want him to be used for ritual

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by highbee02: 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ilorin, the capital city of Kwara State

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Lessonteacher(f): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
ok, wonder why you want to come back when most youths within your age range want to leave naija.
if i were you i would prefare lekki or any other area within the island in lagos
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by majorbravo: 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2020
southniyikaye:
your specifications matches Jericho/Ile tuntun ibadan.
Almost 24hrs light, serene environment, good road, sane people and almost quiet neighborhood

Hi thanks, I have read Ibadan is an ancient town with a historic old theme running through the metropolis in building design and also community dwelling. I love places where there is a mix of cultures, so is this a largely cosmopolitan area now? Is it a thriving town for business and work activity? What is rent cost like for a 2-3 bedroom half year?
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by majorbravo: 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
missyojo:
Hi poster,

Abuja is your sure bet. As for accommodation for a 2-3 bedroom apartment, per annum is from 600k. I don't know if they collect 6 months payment and this 600k is in lugbe axis you can get apartment for such amount.

For a serene environment with light and access road, I advise you get an apartment in an Estate as they are secured and always boasts of electricity.

Hi, thanks. I will look into this. Please what is the average literacy/rate of the population in this place like? Is this high- middle class? Or Rural? 600k looks fair for annual rent but I'm going for a half year rent. I think it's great that you mention estates may be the way to go, thanks for pointing that out. I'm not sure if there is a known/recognised online portal where I can view houses in gated estates. If you or anyone knows of any pls do let me know.
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
majorbravo:

Hi thanks, I have read Ibadan is an ancient town with a historic old theme running through the metropolis in building design and also community dwelling. I love places where there is a mix of cultures, so is this a largely cosmopolitan area now? Is it a thriving town for business and work activity? What is rent cost like for a 2-3 bedroom half year?
ibadan is a combination of Lagos, ogun, abuja, what I mean here is, you can get the type of lifestyle the places mentioned has in ibadan.
It is a thriving place for business and work activity. Ibadan is a large city if not the largest in Nigeria.
Rent is cheap or average depending on the area you choose to live in.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
majorbravo:

rent is btw 150k to 400k depending on taste.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by varmint: 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
Lol
Even our politicians wan japa.
Baba say abroad isn't so great. After sometime in Nigeria, you'll feel immense greatness.
Well, since you need advice, I will tell you great places and tell you the great things they offer

Lagos: no traffic, very safe, no flood, stable electricity, very low unemployment, ease of doing business

Abuja: great weather, cheap housing, very low unemployment.

Kano: impressive religious tolerance, very low unemployment, high standard of living, very safe

In fact, you can see greatness everywhere you step foot in Nigeria
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by majorbravo: 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
Lessonteacher:
ok, wonder why you want to come back when most youths within your age range want to leave naija.
if i were you i would prefare lekki or any other area within the island in lagos

Lekki was the first recommendation i got but then I heard there were flood issues, plus the cost of living (rent) could be quite high due to it being an upper class area. I'm still considering this alongside other options though.

About coming back, I found that living abroad for years places you in a position where all of your efforts are spent in developing another man's country while our fatherland is in ruins. If I have kids abroad, I don't know if they would ever fit in, with all the black lives matter movement going on, it's appalling we still have to talk about this in 2020. cos despite my efforts, people my colour would still be seen as less human than others and for all the effort we put in to develop the countries we are in, I don't think we should have to put up with disrespect and this sort of treatment for our future generations. If our fatherland did great, we won't have so many of our best running out here to be regarded as second class citizens, neither would some privileged people look down on other people that are our colour or mistreat them.

4 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
I've no idea...

Good luck
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Lessonteacher(f): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
come back if you have gathered enough cash to establish yourself here in nigeria, but if not, don't come back. if the only problem you have there is you being treated as a second class. you might be treated as third class over here.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by armadeo(m): 3:06am On Aug 13, 2020
Lessonteacher:
come back if you have gathered enough cash to establish yourself here in nigeria, but if not, don't come back. if the only problem you have there is you being treated as a second class. you might be treated as third class over here.

Gather enough cash and be kidnapped.

Everyone would know you have relocated and plan to set up and believe me you have no idea what the people around you are capable of.
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by frozen70(f): 4:09am On Aug 13, 2020
majorbravo:
Hi people,

Thanks.

Just stay where you are, we can't guarantee you one percent of what you listed
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by walkwithgod(m): 5:34am On Aug 13, 2020
varmint:
Lol
Even our politicians wan japa.
Baba say abroad isn't so great. After sometime in Nigeria, you'll feel immense greatness.
Well, since you need advice, I will tell you great places and tell you the great things they offer

Lagos: no traffic, very safe, no flood, stable electricity, very low unemployment, ease of doing business

Abuja: great weather, cheap housing, very low
unemployment.

Kano: impressive religious tolerance, very low unemployment, high standard of living, very safe

In fact, you can see greatness everywhere you step foot in Nigeria

It's very obvious you don't live Nigeria with this write up. Lagos State that traffic is an major problem even Albert Einstein cannot figure out, unemployment at an all time high, ease of doing business is a Herculean task..

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by curiousmind11: 6:16am On Aug 13, 2020
walkwithgod:

It's very obvious you don't live Nigeria with this write up. Lagos State that traffic is an major problem even Albert Einstein cannot figure out, unemployment at an all time high, ease of doing business is a Herculean task..

Lol!
It is obvious you don't understand SARCASM! The person you quoted is trying to ridicule the OP, which is very unnecessary in my opinion. Many people abroad wish to come back home. Sadly, many of us believe that the grasses are always greener on the other side. I wish we can look into ourselves once more before we self destruct the little that is left of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Gloriagee(f): 6:59am On Aug 13, 2020
Sarcasm bro

walkwithgod:

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Abudu2000(m): 7:10am On Aug 13, 2020
I thought you were going to mention something about buying a house not renting. Or it seems the condition there isn't Favouring you. Lagos is a nice place if you have money, like real money not audio. Get a nice house a good estate. Don't tent in normal environment no matter what they promise u. Only an estate can garantee you don't live amongst more touts
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by majorbravo: 7:34am On Aug 13, 2020
Abudu2000:
I thought you were going to mention something about buying a house not renting. Or it seems the condition there isn't Favouring you. Lagos is a nice place if you have money, like real money not audio. Get a nice house a good estate. Don't tent in normal environment no matter what they promise u. Only an estate can garantee you don't live amongst more touts

Hi, I prefer to rent so i can test the waters before committing to staying permanently. My initial thoughts were to get a 6 month apartment before anything else, so I could easily relocate elsewhere if it became necessary.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by faithfull18(f): 8:02am On Aug 13, 2020
Hmmn, life cheesy
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by VTJN(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
majorbravo:

Hi, I prefer to rent so i can test the waters before committing to staying permanently. My initial thoughts were to get a 6 month apartment before anything else, so I could easily relocate elsewhere if it became necessary.
I will recommend ogun state, precisely Agbara! there is quite constant power supply in that location probably being an industrial area. the location share a boundary with lagos state which make it easily accessible, a very good location for a businness startup. you can get accomodation inside agbara estate or the surburd of the estate. i consider it a very good location as 70% of of people living there are permanent residence, while perhaps the remaining 30% are temporary occupant, meaning rented apartment!! this make the location less populous with adequate security.
Re: Where Is The Best Place In Nigeria To Relocate to From Abroad by Lamanii22(f): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
majorbravo:

Hi bro,

Where else do you wanna come if not Lagos.... No state is perfect but I'd choose Lagos...

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Infection Wants To Kill Me(PHOTOS ATTACHED) / FUN LOVERS: Bar Beach With Sinking Nature Not Safe – Management / Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.