Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Provisional Survey Or Registered Survey Plan For a Building Plan Approval - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Provisional Survey Or Registered Survey Plan For a Building Plan Approval (1747 Views)

PERFECTLY DRY LAND FOR SALE WITH FREE PROVISIONAL SURVEY..GRACE GARDENS / Do I Need To Get Another Survey Or... / ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Provisional Survey Or Registered Survey Plan For a Building Plan Approval by notoracism: 11:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hi Guys,

Am bordered, and I need help urgently for the best decision.

I have a registered survey plan, I wanted to get a building plan but the the person I contracted it to said a part of the land (front side) intrude into the regional road, now he is asking I do a provisional survey plan to get the building approval, this has distablized me, what would happen in the future with the provisional survey plan and the registered survey? Can anyone advise me better? Also, I have asked him to get the planer to indicate the area that may give me issue, and we can do a new survey plan by cutting off the area, but he kept playing the provisional survey plan game.

Also, my registered survey plan shows the land is free and it is registered.

please @lawyer, @Dominique, kindly help push this for the best info I need.

@ Lawyer Please advise.

Shalom.
Re: Provisional Survey Or Registered Survey Plan For a Building Plan Approval by notoracism: 11:40am On Aug 13, 2020
anyone in the house?
Re: Provisional Survey Or Registered Survey Plan For a Building Plan Approval by waleobaofficial: 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
This reply of mIne is coming so late but nonetheless I'd like to believe this reply could still benefit someone out there,
1. The regional road thing implies that section of land is under is under government acquisition and its already committed to a purpose, that's we call a COMMITTED ACQUISITION, you can easily get a provisional survey for that but you won't be able to get a legit registered Survey.

2. You can't get a building approval without a legit registered Survey

3. for the remaining portion that's free, you can go ahead and get a registered Survey for that but my fear is based on its proximity to the road, I don't know what class of road it is but if your land is big enough I'd advise that you give room for future Developmemt of the location of the land based on the level of development I. That area.

Now the tricky part is where you said, your survey is registered and it shows the land is free, I'd advise you seek out another professional to double check your survey for know the true state of the land, you can as well do this yourself at the LANDS BUREAU IN YOUR STATE, try locating their office and know for sure where you stand

Without a legit Registered Survey, don't go for building plan approval (Provisional survey wiil not do it, it's got to be registered and that's the first core requirement)

Please note for government acquisition lands that are not comitted you'd be needing a consent number

Feel free to what'sapp or call me for further enquiries 09064703953 (Wale Oba)

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

CEASER GARDEN PHASE 1, MPAPE HILLS, MAITAMA EXTENSION ABUJA, BUY AND BUILD PLOTS / Estate Plots In Abuja And Maitama Plots / In Need Of A Farm Land Around Ogun State And Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.