Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? (4017 Views)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by jerrymania(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2008
Bobbyaf:

@ Jerrymania

As was confirmed by Geneis 2:7

You see, Adam was not a dead soul before recieving the "breath of life". He was simply lifeless, not dead. The transition only took place after God blew the breath of life into his nostrils. Noticed the bible said that man became a living soul, and not that man possessed a soul? To become something and to have something are two different things.

Satan has decieved the masses into thinking that man's soul is eternal, so that when he dies his soul lives on. Because of this man does not see the need to accept God's plan of salvation through Jesus' sacrificial death. Whats the point he asks, when my soul can't die? My soul will take another form somehow and continue living.

See where I am going with this? So in essence the word soul means life, being, person, creature, etc. The prophet says "the soul that sins shall die", and the death of which he speaks is both the natural death, as well as the eternal death.

Exactly what i believe.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by dafidixone(m): 11:06am On Jan 16, 2008
FOUR WIVES
Once upon a time there was a rich King who had four wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to the finest of delicacies. He gave her nothing but the best.

He also loved the 3rd wife very much and was always showing her off to neighboring kingdoms. However, he feared that one day she would leave him for another.

He also loved his 2nd wife. She was his confidant and was always kind, considerate and patient with him. Whenever the King faced a problem, he could confide in her, and she would help him get through the difficult times.

The King's 1st wife was a very loyal partner and had made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and kingdom. However, he did not love the first wife. Although she loved him deeply, he hardly took notice of her!

One day, the King fell ill and he knew his time was short. He thought of his luxurious life and wondered, "I now have four wives with me, but when I die, I'll be all alone."

Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I have loved you the most, endowed you with the finest clothing and showered great care over you. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No way!", replied the 4th wife, and she walked away without another word, Her answer cut like a sharp knife right into his heart.

The sad King then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No!", replied the 3rd wife. "Life is too good! When you die, I'm going to remarry!" His heart sank and turned cold.

He then asked the 2nd wife, "I have always turned to you for help and you've always been there for me. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!", replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only walk with you to your grave." Her answer struck him like a bolt of lightning, and the King was devastated.

Then a voice called out: "I'll go with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The King looked up, and there was his first wife. She was very skinny as she suffered from malnutrition and neglect. Greatly grieved, the King said, "I should have taken much better care of you when I had the chance!"

In truth, we all have the 4 wives in our lives:

Our 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it will leave us when we die.

Our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, it will all go to others.

Our 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

And our 1st wife is our Soul. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world. However, our Soul is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go. Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of us that will follow us to the throne of God and continue with us throughout Eternity.

Thought for the day:

Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect
position to pray. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2008
@Bobby,

Bobbyaf:

Simplify that for a 6 year old. What does soul mean in that verse? Give me one word.

"Creature" - that is the word in Hebrew in that verse and applies to both man and animals. I have earlier stated that "The exegesis of the soul in Scripture points to the component that identifies man in his distinct personality" - and that was just to help us seek a proper contextual meaning of the word "soul" as used in Scripture for man.

Bobbyaf:

You see, Adam was not a dead soul before recieving the "breath of life". He was simply lifeless, not dead. The transition only took place after God blew the breath of life into his nostrils.

Bobbyaf, what exactly do you mean by the "breath of life"?

Bobbyaf:

Noticed the bible said that man became a living soul, and not that man possessed a soul? To become something and to have something are two different things.

Could you kindly enunciate from Scripture the difference between "possessing" and "becoming" something in regards especially to the soul?

Bobbyaf:

Satan has decieved the masses into thinking that man's soul is eternal, so that when he dies his soul lives on. Because of this man does not see the need to accept God's plan of salvation through Jesus' sacrificial death. Whats the point he asks, when my soul can't die? My soul will take another form somehow and continue living.

Instead of pushing your own agenda, why don't you try and exercise the humility of sharing your persuasions without assuming that counter views to yours are the result of Satan having deceived anybody? What if it turns out that your pride is actually contrary to what Scripture teaches?

That the soul survives the death of the [physical] body does not mean that people therefore see no need to accept God's gift of salvation in Christ. That idea as expressed in your post is a farce and a mechanical device to assume things that are far-fetched. Scripture reveals that the soul survives the death of the body; however, it is a question of what state of existence the soul is found in after it leaves the body. It is rather another type of existence that the soul experiences.

That this is the case is what the Bible teaches in such verses as 1 Kings 17:21-22 --

'And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD,
and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him
again, and he revived.'

What actually happened in this narrative is simple to follow. The child was dead and his body was there before Elijah; but his soul was not in the body. The prphet prayed: "let this child's soul come into him again." This simply demonstrates that te soul was still existing, albeit OUTSIDE his body. When God answered Elijah's prayer, then "the soul of the child came into him again".

Question: where was this child's soul before it returned to ("came into. . . again"wink his body?

Again, Luke 16 highlights the fact that the soul survives the death of the body. Both the rich man and Lazarus died (v. 22) and we see their existence beyond their bodies in the grave (v. 23-31). Many people argue that since this was a "parable", it could not be teaching the realities of existence beyond the grave - and so they just disregard its value. My simple answer to such attitude is that they should also be ready to disregard the value of any and all the parables in the Bible - if parables are merely meant to be disregarded at all!

Another example, we find that Revelation 6:9-10 specifically demonstrates that the saints who were slain actually were seen as "souls" without their bodies. Beyond that, these souls without bodies were heard as "they cried with a loud voice". Please note that this was not a parable; and we cannot deny its fact as a reality beyond our known physical world.

These scriptures cited [1 Kings 17:21-22; Luke 16; Revelation 6:9-10] are examples that point out the fact that the soul survives the death of the body; and unless you have an alternative exegesis for those texts, please have the humility of refraining from assumptions of thinking others have been deceived by Satan.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2008
@Bobby,

Bobbyaf:

See where I am going with this? So in essence the word soul means life, being, person, creature, etc.

I already mentioned the word "creature" as used in Genesis 2 v 7 earlier.

Bobbyaf:

The prophet says "the soul that sins shall die", and the death of which he speaks is both the natural death, as well as the eternal death.

Aren't you confusing issues here already? At first, you suggested that the soul in "that verse" (i.e., Gen. 2 v 7) means the "life, being, person, creature"; but then you draw the inference that this "soul" dies a natural death? Whatever happened to the spiritual component of man known as the "soul" - which is the core subject of our present discussion? grin It would be very helpful that you try to always keep the distinction in clear perspectives as you discuss them - for the word "soul" in Scripture has various connotations.

On the other hand, (obviously if you unfortunately disregard the broad context of Ezek. 18:4 & 20), then you arrive at the idea that the "soul" (as a distinct component of man) actually dies - that is, does not survive the death of the body! On the contrary, we find something interesting in Jesus' teaching in Matthew 10:28 --

'And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul:
but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.'

This simply means that the death of the body is different from the experience of the soul. One may be able to "kill the body" and may not be able to "kill the soul" - have you ever sat down to ponder about that? And the verses examined earlier [1 Kings 17:21-22; Luke 16; Revelation 6:9-10] point out the fact that the "soul" survives the death of the body!

So, what does the prophet Ezekiel mean by the "soul" in Ezek. 18:4 & 20? He simply means the person himself and not specifically to the component in man distinctinctly called the soul as separate from the other components - "spirit" and "body" (1 Thes. 5:23 and Heb. 4:12). The prophet Ezekiel was not dealing with merely the "soul" as a component; that is why we read of persons specifically described ("the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father", etc - Ezek. 18:20).

However, that Ezekiel was rather applying the term "soul" to mean the person in particular is obvious in the fact that the other Biblical prophets have so applied the term in many OT and NT verses:

[center]The Old Testament:[/center]

[list][li]Gen. 46:18 -- These are the sons of Zilpah, whom Laban gave to Leah his daughter, and these she bare unto Jacob, even sixteen souls.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Gen. 46:25 -- These are the sons of Bilhah, which Laban gave unto Rachel his daughter, and she bare these unto Jacob: all the souls were seven.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Lev. 7:27 -- Whatsoever soul it be that eateth any manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Lev. 17:15 -- And every soul that eateth that which died of itself, or that which was torn with beasts, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even: then shall he be clean.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Lev. 18:29 -- For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Num. 15:27 -- And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Lamentations 3:25 -- The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.[/li][/list]

[center]The New Testament:[/center]

[list][li]Acts 2:41 -- Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Acts 2:43 -- And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Acts 3:23 -- And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. [/li][/list]

[list][li]Acts 27:37 -- And we were in all in the ship two hundred threescore and sixteen souls.[/li][/list]

[list][li]Rom. 13:1 -- Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.[/li][/list]

[list][li]1 Pet. 3:20 -- Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.[/li][/list]

All the foregoing citations are just examples in scripture where the word "soul" is used in particular reference to the persons themselves rather than to the distinct component as seperate from the other components ("spirit" and "body"wink. It is in the former sense (where "soul" is the person in particular) that the prophet Ezekiel applies the word "soul" in Ezekiel 18:4 & 20.

However, when you look carefully at the topic of this thread [Spirit, Soul And Body - What's the Difference?], you'll see that we are rather trying to examine the various components of man; rather than assuming the context of "soul" merely for the totality of person.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:12am On Jan 17, 2008
@ Pilgrim

Quote from: Bobbyaf on Yesterday at 05:53:13 AM
Simplify that for a 6 year old. What does soul mean in that verse? Give me one word.

"Creature" - that is the word in Hebrew in that verse and applies to both man and animals. I have earlier stated that "The exegesis of the soul in Scripture points to the component that identifies man in his distinct personality" - and that was just to help us seek a proper contextual meaning of the word "soul" as used in Scripture for man.

I am glad you have given a definition rather than what you think soul means.

Bobbyaf, what exactly do you mean by the "breath of life"?

The spirit, The bible uses both interchangably.

Quote from: Bobbyaf on Yesterday at 06:09:11 AM
Noticed the bible said that man became a living soul, and not that man possessed a soul? To become something and to have something are two different things.

Could you kindly enunciate from Scripture the difference between "possessing" and "becoming" something in regards especially to the soul?

I don't have to Pilgrim. Open your eyes. Didn't Genesis say man "became' a living soul? Why waste time asking the obvious?

Quote from: Bobbyaf on Yesterday at 06:09:11 AM

Instead of pushing your own agenda, why don't you try and exercise the humility of sharing your persuasions without assuming that counter views to yours are the result of Satan having deceived anybody? What if it turns out that your pride is actually contrary to what Scripture teaches?

Has Satan decieved the likes of the Hindus, Bhuddists, and others, including some christians that teach that the soul of man is eternal? I was the one who reminded one and all that Ezekiel said that "the soul that sinneth shall die" The soul of mankind is mortal and is subject to death, and that is why my so-called agenda is in keeping with Holy Writ. I take pride in pushing a biblical agenda. grin

That the soul survives the death of the [physical] body does not mean that people therefore see no need to accept God's gift of salvation in Christ.

The soul is simply a descriptive expression, not an internal entity to be survived or separated from the body after death. That is why Ezekiel said the soul that sins shall die, which means it shall cease to exist, unless God restores the spirit or breath of life, causing the soul, or being, or creature, or person to come back to life.

That idea as expressed in your post is a farce and a mechanical device to assume things that are far-fetched.

The idea is very much a stark reality. Open your eyes and take a look.

Scripture reveals that the soul survives the death of the body; however, it is a question of what state of existence the soul is found in after it leaves the body. It is rather another type of existence that the soul experiences.

That sounds like pure speculation, not scripture. Go back to what Ezekiel the inspired prophet said about the soul that sinneth. In other words, the person that sins, and I supect in a broader context means, the person that lives a life of sin will experience the eternal death. We are already aware of the natural death that comes upon man because of Adam's sin.

That this is the case is what the Bible teaches in such verses as 1 Kings 17:21-22 --

'And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD,
and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him
again, and he revived.'

Soul in this context means life.

What actually happened in this narrative is simple to follow. The child was dead and his body was there before Elijah; but his soul was not in the body. The prphet prayed: "let this child's soul come into him again." This simply demonstrates that te soul was still existing, albeit OUTSIDE his body. When God answered Elijah's prayer, then "the soul of the child came into him again".

Save yourself the expliquee. An interplay of words used here in the passage no doubt is unique, but it doesn't change the real definition of what the soul really is. Its an expression that describes the composite existence of man and animals. Another rendition (NKJV)puts it this way,

1 Kings 17:21 And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the LORD and said, “O LORD my God, I pray, let this child’s soul come back to him.” 22 Then the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived.

1 Kings 17:21(NIV) Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried to the LORD, "O LORD my God, let this boy's life return to him!"

For the first passage notice the big difference in meaning between "into him" and "back to him"

For the second rendition I don't need to say what the word soul means. Its what I have said before. Soul means life in that particular context.

Question: where was this child's soul before it returned to ("came into. . . again"wink his body?

It was nowhere! Its just an expression. When a person dies the soul has no reason to exist, since its just another word to describe that person who still has the breath of life or spirit in him.

Again, Luke 16 highlights the fact that the soul survives the death of the body. Both the rich man and Lazarus died (v. 22) and we see their existence beyond their bodies in the grave (v. 23-31). Many people argue that since this was a "parable", it could not be teaching the realities of existence beyond the grave - and so they just disregard its value. My simple answer to such attitude is that they should also be ready to disregard the value of any and all the parables in the Bible - if parables are merely meant to be disregarded at all!

Not all parables should be taken literally. Imagry used by Jesus, as was the custom of most biblical writers, was never meant to be taken seriously. Don't focus on the metaphoric imageries, rather focus on the deeper meaning of what Jesus desired to point out. Do you really believe that one drop of water will be able to quench the thirst of anyone? grin Do you really believe that vast amount of people will be resting in the bosom of Abraham? Parables carry an idea, that usually carries more significance that the imageries used to represent such ideas.

Another example, we find that Revelation 6:9-10 specifically demonstrates that the saints who were slain actually were seen as "souls" without their bodies. Beyond that, these souls without bodies were heard as "they cried with a loud voice". Please note that this was not a parable; and we cannot deny its fact as a reality beyond our known physical world.

Its your interpretation versus anyone elses. The book is in most cases highly symbolic. Sometimes John spoke in tenses that seemd historic, but had to do with furure actions. The event that took place vis a vis the souls actually took place after John's time. In vision God took him forward to the event. He saw the souls of those who lived during the time of the persecutions during the dark ages.

These scriptures cited [1 Kings 17:21-22; Luke 16; Revelation 6:9-10] are examples that point out the fact that the soul survives the death of the body; and unless you have an alternative exegesis for those texts, please have the humility of refraining from assumptions of thinking others have been deceived by Satan.

I just gave you a few above.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 6:58am On Jan 17, 2008
@Bobbyaf,

Bobbyaf:

@ Pilgrim

I am glad you have given a definition rather than what you think soul means.

I have always tried to stick with the clear exegesis of scripture.

Bobbyaf:

The spirit, The bible uses both interchangably.

In order words, the Bible uses the "spirit" for "breath" and obfuscates or blurs issues between them the way we read in your posts?

Bobbyaf:

I don't have to Pilgrim. Open your eyes. Didn't Genesis say man "became' a living soul? Why waste time asking the obvious?

Until you stop dribbling and have a grip on a particular premise in what you are stating, I will continue asking the same question to bring you to a particular reference point. The bible does not throw ambiguous ideas the way we read in yours - that is why I asked, so that we don't misread you. Please be very particular.

Bobbyaf:

Has Satan decieved the likes of the Hindus, Bhuddists, and others, including some christians that teach that the soul of man is eternal?

The Hindus, Bhuddists and others do not hold the Christian doctrine on the "soul". Even if you are convinced that they are satanically deceived, humility is a great virtue to observe and not push yourself into assuming a superiority position that only ducks a particular reference point.

You have not been able to hold a clear reference in your discuss; and until you do, please have the humility to simply share your ideas and let us discuss.

Bobbyaf:

I was the one who reminded one and all that Ezekiel said that "the soul that sinneth shall die" The soul of mankind is mortal and is subject to death, and that is why my so-called agenda is in keeping with Holy Writ. I take pride in pushing a biblical agenda. grin

I have offered explanations as to what exactly Ezekiel was pointing to - that was why I gave numerous verses from both the OT and NT as to his application of the word "soul". It is one thing to "remind" us what a prophet said; quite another thing to exegete what he has said.

Bobbyaf:

The soul is simply a descriptive expression, not an internal entity to be survived or separated from the body after death. That is why Ezekiel said the soul that sins shall die, which means it shall cease to exist, unless God restores the spirit or breath of life, causing the soul, or being, or creature, or person to come back to life.

Which is precisely why you simply have no clues what 1 Thes. 5:23 and hebrews 4:12 have said!! grin How many times have you been asked to comment on those verses - and you always came back saying you are not sure what you want to read by those verses!

Besides, I have also explained that the soul survives death - or please explain what those verses I cited are pointing to, thank you.

Bobbyaf:

The idea is very much a stark reality. Open your eyes and take a look.

Rather than offer blank statements, please offer some real gist.

Bobbyaf:

That sounds like pure speculation, not scripture. Go back to what Ezekiel the inspired prophet said about the soul that sinneth. In other words, the person that sins, and I supect in a broader context means, the person that lives a life of sin will experience the eternal death. We are already aware of the natural death that comes upon man because of Adam's sin.

Bobbyaf, English is a simple thing - and I do hope you're not struggling with it. here, let me make it simpler for you:

There are two particular references to the word "soul" in Scripture:

(a) referring to the person themselves

(b) referring to only one of the three components of a person

I enunciated the difference between the two, provided numerous scriptures to show HOW they are distinct, before reiterating what Ezekiel meant.  Your problem is to go by a linear reasoning and so presume that the word "soul" has and means ONLY ONE thing - that is where your problem lies!

Good point that you understand Ezekiel to be pointing to the PERSON - and I said so earlier, did I not? Here again:

[list]
pilgrim.1:

All the foregoing citations are just examples in scripture where the word "soul" is used in particular reference to the persons themselves rather than to the distinct component as seperate from the other components ("spirit" and "body"wink. It is in the former sense (where "soul" is the person in particular) that the prophet Ezekiel applies the word "soul" in Ezekiel 18:4 & 20.
[/list]

If you took time to digest my rejoinder, you definitely would not have missed that point already and so begin to skewer off the way you did!

But because Ezekiel's use of the word "soul" is NOT what this thread suggests, I also made this point to bring you back to the TOPIC of the thread:

pilgrim.1:

However, when you look carefully at the topic of this thread [Spirit, Soul And Body - What's the Difference?], you'll see that [size=14pt]we are rather trying to examine the various components of man[/size]; rather than assuming the context of "soul" merely for the totality of person.

Bobbyaf, in simple terms, let me explain again:

This thread is about the various COMPONENTS of man - spirit, soul and body!!! That is NOT what Ezekiel deals with, for he was dealing with the word "soul" as used for the person themselves without distinguishing it from the "spirit" or "body"!!!

If you learn to be humble enough to carefully read through the persuasions of others, you won't miss the point.

Please now, can you deal with the DIFFERENCE between the various components of man - SPIRIT, SOUL and BODY - what's the DIFFERENCE between them?!? grin

Bobbyaf:

Soul in this context means life.

I hear you. Please attend to the topic, thank you.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 7:08am On Jan 17, 2008
@Bobbyaf,

Bobbyaf:

Save yourself the expliquee. An interplay of words used here in the passage no doubt is unique, but it doesn't change the real definition of what the soul really is. Its an expression that describes the composite existence of man and animals. Another rendition (NKJV)puts it this way,

I beg you, Bobbyaf. . . it is that very thing that we are after: the REAL definition of the "soul" of man. QED. It is not a play of words or a pun - Scripture did not so use the word, neither does your suggestion there apply. Please go back and do a study before assuming what the text does not say!

Bobbyaf:

1 Kings 17:21 And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the LORD and said, “O LORD my God, I pray, let this child’s soul come back to him.” 22 Then the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived.

1 Kings 17:21(NIV) Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried to the LORD, "O LORD my God, let this boy's life return to him!"

Do you realize that you are the one jumping on interplay of words? grin Let me show you how your idea does not make any coherent sense:

The word in that verse for soul is the Hebrew word  נפשׁ  (nephesh) - the very same word used for "soul" in Genesis 2 v 7 that you ahve quoted several times already. Now if we try to interpolate the words and substitute "life" for "soul" in Gen. 2:7, this is how your own suggestion stands:

Genesis 2:7
Reading it with the Hebrew word  נפשׁ  (nephesh), it stands like this:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man
became a living
soul [נפשׁ (nephesh)].

But if we pally to your interplay of word, we have the same Genesis 2:7 read as --

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man
became a living
life [נפשׁ (nephesh)].

Hehe. . . how do you like that?  grin  Not even your own NIV makes the mistake of sounding it with your suggestion!! The Hebrew word in both verses (Gen. 2:7 and 1 Kings 17:21) are the same [נפשׁ (nephesh)] - please try and verify them. What does this mean to YOU, Bobbyaf?

Please dear Bob. . . humility - you hear? Go read the Bible carefully O! grin

Bobbyaf:

For the first passage notice the big difference in meaning between "into him" and "back to him"

What difference does it make? "Into him" - "back to him" . . . does the Bible suggest the soul returned to the child and stayed OUTSIDE his body? grin Reading your rejoinders makes me wonder if you are so desperate to hang onto ideas thar are simply not there for the sake of semantics.

The child's SOUL returned into his body - it was not hanging outside his body when it retruned to him.

Bobbyaf:

For the second rendition I don't need to say what the word soul means. Its what I have said before. Soul means life in that particular context.

Deal with the topic, thank you.

Bobbyaf:

It was nowhere! Its just an expression. When a person dies the soul has no reason to exist, since its just another word to describe that person who still has the breath of life or spirit in him.

I didn't see how you explained the verses I cited [1 Kings 17:21-22; Luke 16; Revelation 6:9-10] to demonstrate that the soul survives the death of the body. Do you care to exegete those verses?

Bobbyaf:

Not all parables should be taken literally. Imagry used by Jesus, as was the custom of most biblical writers, was never meant to be taken seriously. Don't focus on the metaphoric imageries, rather focus on the deeper meaning of what Jesus desired to point out. Do you really believe that one drop of water will be able to quench the thirst of anyone? grin Do you really believe that vast amount of people will be resting in the bosom of Abraham? Parables carry an idea, that usually carries more significance that the imageries used to represent such ideas.

If to you a parable has no value, then Heaven and Hell are simply of no value to you. That is as simply as I want to state it - until you have the humility to open another thread and let me seriously demonstrate why this rascal attitude of denigrating the parables is as rebellious as can be. Please oblige me.

Bobbyaf:

Its your interpretation versus anyone elses. The book is in most cases highly symbolic. Sometimes John spoke in tenses that seemd historic, but had to do with furure actions. The event that took place vis a vis the souls actually took place after John's time. In vision God took him forward to the event. He saw the souls of those who lived during the time of the persecutions during the dark ages.

Rather than scuttle it under the carpet of that excuse, please offer us something more cogent. Serious discussions do not tender to exculpations - and I'd be delighted to see you clearly elucidate your persuasions rather than offer excuses and leave no alternative exgesis on those verses.

Bobbyaf:

I just gave you a few above.

I repeated my request above with those verses. Could you go one step further than the terse exculpations?

Cheers.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by noetic(m): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ topic.

My opinion.

Soul and spirit:
In Genesis2:7 God breathed into man and he became a living soul, implying that before the breadth came into Adam, he was a dead soul and like we all know all living creatures are living souls
In verse 17, God the told this two living souls He created in verse 7, that if they eat of they eat of the forbiden fruit, they will die.. they (souls) ate the fruit and they died. so also do all other living creatures including fishes, birds etc with the breadth of life die.
man was also refered to as soul in over a hundred places in the bible including 1 Kings 17:21 Rom. 13:1  1 Pet. 3:20  Acts 27:37  Acts 3:23 Acts 2:43 Acts 2:41  Lev. 18:29 Num. 15:27 Lamentations 3:25.

this implies that man is soul and soul is man.
but Jesus said in matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell

does Jesus mean we have an immortal soul different from man?. NO.  y not?
He is simply saying a dead man/soul can be raised again like he did on numerous occassions and at ressurection. but when a person is deystroyed in hell, such is permanent, and only God can do that.
this implies that "the soul that sinneth shall die" (ezekiah18:4, 18:20) and they have no consciousness (Eccles9:5)

so if the soul is not as immortal as we think, what then is the difference between it and man?
none.

romans6:23 states that For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
this verse readily implies that
1)the punishment for those who die in sin is death, for those who don't, it is eternal life.
2)every component of man is mortal as only God is immortal (also 1timothy6:16, )
3) man does not have any means or ability of pocessing eternal life. It is a gift from God. since many believe that man will dwell in eternal life through the spirit.

what is spirit?
spirit is the state of man that provides unhindererd communication with God. The spirit is the dwelling and functioning state of  the immortal being and His spiritual creations. the spirit is abstract existence from man. the spirit is the state of GOD which we should please to reap eternal life galatians6:8

the spirit have however been often interpreted to be the same as the inherent part of man that explains our instincts. our instincts to be angry, troubled or weak e.t.c

does man pocess a distinct spiritual entity called spirit? No.
no where in the creation of man recorded in genesis did God mention him(man) as a spirit.
neither was God`s initial plan for man to dwell in the spirit,
neither is any one in heaven john3:13
neither is the venue of eternal life in heaven (where spirit beings live).
the bible records that Christ shall reign on earth for a thousand years (this He butressed in the Lords prayer saying "YOUR KINGDOM COME"matt25:31-34, luke21:27-31). obviously His people shall be men, as they presently are, only Immortal, because they shall not taste death again.

the communication between man and God has always been either in the physical or spiritual. in the physical, He comes to the garden of eden to dwell with adam and eve. and many of us also experience certain divine but physical interventions.
in the spiritual, we recieve revelations and insights from God, like John who wrote the book of revelation.

now lets examine 1thes5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ

was Paul saying we have a body, spirit and soul contrary to old testament expressions?
absolutely No.

by body, spirit and soul what does paul mean?

1)body (soma) the human, physical flesh.
2)soul(psuche) a man physical life and consciouness, since I stated above that Adam was as good as dead without the breadth of life.
3)spirit (pneuma) the human mind, instincts and personal convictions. our ability to analyse,reason and comprehend

no biblibical refrerence explicitly states that man has an outer body called spirit or soul.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by ricadelide(m): 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2008
@noetic,
Ok. Hopefully now that you've posted here we'd be able to engage in a discussion and you'd be willing to respond to my rejoinders.

My statement in the other thread (that you've not addressed the issue on this thread) is appropriately withdrawn.

Should I take it that i don't have to expect a reply to the mail I sent any longer? IMO, this thread would be appropriate except you think otherwise.

Cheers smiley
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2008
Glad to see you, gentlemen! cheesy

I'm looking forward to a seasoned disucussion on the issues surrounding the components of man.

Cheers!
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2008
@noetic,

You know, I just can't understand what's gwan! grin

It seems now we are tottering between three (3) opinions on Genesis 2 v 7!!

See what I mean between your persuasions and that expressed in Bobbyaf's:

#1 - Bobbyaf:

Bobbyaf:

You see, Adam was not a dead soul before recieving the "breath of life". He was simply lifeless, not dead.

#2 - noetic:

noetic:

@ topic.

My opinion.

Soul and spirit:
In Genesis2:7 God breathed into man and he became a living soul, implying that before the breadth came into Adam, he was a dead soul

. . . <<snip>>

2)soul(psuche) a man physical life and consciouness, since I stated above that Adam was as good as dead without the breadth of life.

Oky, I'm not holding you down on anybody's persuasions - I don't intend to do so. I merely pointed it out so we all know that we have different views on what we discuss.

Enjoy. smiley
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by olabowale(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
@Dafidixone:
In truth, we all have the 4 wives in our lives:

Our 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it will leave us when we die.

Our 3rd wife is our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, it will all go to others.

Our 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how much they have been there for us, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.

And our 1st wife is our Soul. Often neglected in pursuit of wealth, power and pleasures of the world. However, our Soul is the only thing that will follow us wherever we go. Cultivate, strengthen and cherish it now, for it is the only part of us that will follow us to the throne of God and continue with us throughout Eternity.

Thought for the day:
Good rythem. But in all of this, you forgot to tell us, what dies which makes 'you?' You mentioned, body, soul, wealth and family, as the four (4) wives, you did not tell us who is the husband that dies. What is the name if not body, soul, etc. How does it die and what makes it different from when it was alive.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by noetic(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ricadelide

No, I did not see your e-mail. If I had, I would at least have replied
paulbellaro@gmail.com

please re-send it
look forward to hearing from u.
cheers kiss
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by TayoD1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 18, 2008
@topic,

I just read through the 2 pages posted so far. I must say that I am with ricadelide and pilgrim1 on this. I am tempted to just siddon look and learn from all that is being posted, but a scripture that came to mind persuades me otherwise - Prov 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. So in the spirit of sharpening each other, I shall contribute my 2 cents to the topic.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by TayoD1(m): 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ topic,

I think I'd like to start by commenting on Genesis 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Here is the New Living Translation: Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed a man's body from the dust of the ground and breathed into it the breath of life. And the man became a living person.

One thing immediately jumps at us from the passage. The human body is lifeless without "the breadth of life". In actual fact, the body is dead without the spirit. See James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead .

While Genesis indicates that it is the breadth of life that made the difference between a live body or a dead one, James breaks it down even further to declare that it is actually the spirit that brings the body alive. So does that equate the breadth of life to the spirit? Not necessarily, but it suggests certain truths. These could be either one of the following:
1.  The breadth of life is the same thing as the spirit.
2.  The spirit is a subset of the breadth of life.

Now with reference to the phrase that man became "a living soul", I think the best way to understand the phrase is how its used in comparison in the NT. 1 Cor 15:45 - And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. A difference is made between the first and the last Adam here as to how their lives are lived through the body. The first Adam lived his life mainly through his soul while the last Adam lived His life mainly through His spirit. Both Adams have a body, a soul and a spirit, but the most dominant aspect of their being is different in each case.

The question now remains: Which is the real persona? I think this can be anwered very easily. First it is not the body since the man can exist outside of the body. (Please see the story of Lazarus and so many others in the NT that talks about those who are in the grave but alive either in Heaven, Hell or Abraham's bossom, and in the case of Moses and Elijah, on the Mt of transfiguration). The body is only necessary for him to rule and reign on the earth. I believe the real man is the spirit despite the fact that he possesses a soul.

My conslusion is partly based on the fact that though God has a soul, He is by essence a spirit. Matthew 12:18 - Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. This scripture clearly shows that God possesses a soul though He is spirit - John 4: 24 - God is a Spirit: If man therefore possess a soul and a spirit like God, and he is made in God's likeness, it can be safely concluded that he must be spirit and possess a soul like God. Otherwise what is the likeness all about?

I hope this all makes sense sha. I'll stop there for now to allow for inputs.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by femo2000(m): 5:26am On Jan 19, 2008
Man is essentially a spirit, he has a soul and lives in a body.

The spirit is the real man, the inner man and the part that is unique with GOD.

The Soul is the seat of Intelligence and emotions

The body is the one we carry about, the outer Jacket, that waresout and when its too weak we die,the soul dies also
But the spirit cannot be weak and cannot die.

when a person dies it is wrong to say ''may his gentle soul rest in peace'' this is because it is the spirit that lives on .

So, the correct sequence according to scriptures is SPIRIT SOUL AND BODY not the other way round.

for more info read THE FORCE OF FAITH BY KENNETH COPELAND.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by MP007(m): 12:46pm On Jan 20, 2008
Spirit,mind and body, thats a holistic view of an individual, the body is the physical, the one God made of the dust of the earth, the soul is the spirit that acts as an interface betwen the body and spirit, the soul is regarded as "man himself",
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by noetic(m): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ricadelide
this is my detailed response to the definition of spirit u mailed to me.

it has taken me a while to reply because 1) I have been lazy to type and 2) i expected u to post the contents of the mail u sent me, so that others can easily make refrences.

I do believe that man is unique among the three major creations of God (angels, man, and animals) in the sense that he stands at sort of a 'gap' between them;
true.

Like the angels, he has/is a spirit being which by definition is able to communicate with God, able to determine right from wrong and able to "know" absolute truths ie able to acess divine revelation This spirit being also helps him to understand and relate to the spiritual dimension/realm.
true, it concurs with my definition.

Like the breathing animals however, he pocesses a physical body by which he is able to relate to and dwell in the physical/natural world.
true.

And like both these groups, he pocesses a "soul" which is his seat of self-awareness and personality.
uhmn.

The difference is angels don't have physical bodies,
Abraham was visited several times by the hosts of heaven. the bible calls his visitors men. implying that they had flesh.
some children of God in genesis came down from heaven to mate with the daughters of earth.
metecheidek who recieved the first tithe ever, from abraham, is called The High Priest of God.
these examples are heavenly beings who have used the flesh/physical bodies to reach man.

and animals don't have spirits
from what u have earlier defined to be[b] spirit[/b], that
1) ability to communicate with God
2) ability to know right from wrong
3) helps to understand spiritual dimensions
then I agree that they have no spirit.

I believe the spirit has three main functions: communion, intuition and conscience.
this explains my definition of spirit in man.

These attributes of man are provided to him by his pocessing a spirit.
The soul, on the other hand, which is what most people are familiar with, comprises his mind, his will and emotions. I believe animals also pocess these attributes.
anyone can call man anything. political scientist call man a political animal. science calls man an animal and groups it as a mammal. certain indians in a particular cult see themselves as equals to God. and they see the rest of us as their creations.
in lieu of this, I think u can also call man anything u like, but for the sake of clarity and for proper information I think u need to understand that man is man. and the purpose of his creation, destination and his destiny clearly explains d nature of man.

so also can u say man is made up of several components. but considering your definitions of this components, I would say man has no different components, explicitly butressed scripturally. for instance
lets examine this scripture, john4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him, must worship him in spirit and in truth.
this scripture dennotes that
1) God is spirit
2)He is worshipped in spirit.
3) He is worshipped in truth.
this scripture simply implies that we worship God with our whole concentration or with the attributes u clearly defined as spirit. and not as other post suggests that we use our spiritual being (which ascends to heaven) to worship God.

I believe there is a considerable difference in the makeup of pre-fall Adam, fallen man and regenerated man. This difference in makeup is a matter of the 'heirachy' so to speak with which he expresses the different parts of his makeup. Quite succintly, natural fallen man is predominantly 'soulish' or soul-driven (an extreme is people who are actually body-driven) while a regenerated believer is predominantly spirit-controlled via the help of the Holy Spirit of God who strengthens him in his spirit or inner man.
you are confusing matters here, please explain the hierachy.

but honestly u have been so explicit, that I can't ask for more. but my question is that if according to your definitions the spirit is 1) ability to communicate with God
2) ability to know right from wrong
3) helps to understand spiritual dimensions
how then can u say these attributes ascend to heaven after death? because maybe there is something you're seeing that I am not. how do these attributes pocess a "spiritual" form to ascend into heaven?

I do not believe that spirit can be interpreted to mean "breath of life" and I have a lot of evidence for that
see like I also said on this thread, the breadth of life is the major addition to the formation of man that made him a living soul. so if anyone thinks there is a distinct nature of man called spirit, then thats the closest the scripture states.

as per the evidences, please produce them.

That's just a brief summary of my views on the subject. Look forward to corresponding with you
so do I.
cheers cry
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by noetic(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2008
@tayo-d
I m sorry I never replied sooner.

Tayo-D:

One thing immediately jumps at us from the passage. The human body is lifeless without "the breadth of life".
true.

In actual fact, the body is dead without the spirit. See James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead .
what u have failed to do is clearly define in your own words what the spirit is.
because to be honest with u, I have defined the spirit and so also have others, and in applying this same scriptures with that of apostle paul, it is obvious that they refered to certain attributes of man that clearly makes him whole and not a seprate entity refered to as spirit.

So does that equate the breadth of life to the spirit?
no. the spirit of man refers to certain attributes man pocesses.
spirit (pneuma) the human mind, instincts and personal convictions. our ability to analyse,reason and comprehend
but u must observe, like u noted above that the breadth of live was one of the biblibically explicitly stated ingridients that God used to make man a living being. the spirit was not mentioned in this context.

1.  The breadth of life is the same thing as the spirit.
if thats the case, the bible never said the breadth of life has a form or kind. it was just the breadth of GOD. so we agree that the spirit is a part of man that is formless and bodiless. so this way it cannot outlive man to ascend to heaven.

2.  The spirit is a subset of the breadth of life.
how?

Now with reference to the phrase that man became "a living soul", I think the best way to understand the phrase is how its used in comparison in the NT. 1 Cor 15:45 - And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. A difference is made between the first and the last Adam here as to how their lives are lived through the body. The first Adam lived his life mainly through his soul while the last Adam lived His life mainly through His spirit. Both Adams have a body, a soul and a spirit, but the most dominant aspect of their being is different in each case.
i don't understand u. whats the diffence according to u between the soul and spirit the first and last Adam lived by?
did the last Adam not also expirience pain, suffering, hunger, afflictions? was He not humiliated? was He not subject to the limitations and rules of nature? did He not cry and die like the first adam? are these things not physical afflictions limited to man?
so how did He live His life tru d spirit?

The question now remains: Which is the real persona?
the real personae is man.

I think this can be anwered very easily. First it is not the body since the man can exist outside of the body.
then who is man? when was his body created? and when was man created?

see please stop using primordial believes to satisfy spiritual curiosities. the bible says man was created lifeless until he pocessed the braedth of life.
the bible didnt say a body was created, followed by a spirit or soul.
attempting to divide a man into these three concepts, when the creation and the purpose of man`s existence does not imply this is unfortunate.

(Please see the story of Lazarus and so many others in the NT that talks about those who are in the grave but alive either in Heaven, Hell or Abraham's bossom,
i insist that, that was a parable and no where else was it mentioned that certain dead go abrahams bossom.
to believe u, please reconcile the meaning oh hades and abrahams bossom.

and in the case of Moses and Elijah, on the Mt of transfiguration). The body is only necessary for him to rule and reign on the earth.
I have told u my opinion on this and will still go back to it on d other thread.
but to understand my view, please read the four gospels account of the call of the disciples by Jesus and explain d difference.

I believe the real man is the spirit despite the fact that he possesses a soul.
i don't see any biblibical inscription that butresses your belief.

My conslusion is partly based on the fact that though God has a soul, He is by essence a spirit. Matthew 12:18 - Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. This scripture clearly shows that God possesses a soul though He is spirit - John 4: 24 - God is a Spirit: If man therefore possess a soul and a spirit like God, and he is made in God's likeness, it can be safely concluded that he must be spirit and possess a soul like God. Otherwise what is the likeness all about?
based on my definition of spirit and soul i agree with u.
u know y?
just like I corrected ricadelide in my last post, Heavenly beings can take up human forms if they want to.
but d main reason y i really agree with u is because, angels don't accept worship, but we have seen instances where they accepted worship, like the visit to abraham and joshua.
so if these beings accept worship, they definitely cannot b angels who then visited these people?
your guess is as good as mine.

sorry I am delaying my responses
cheers cry
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by olabowale(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2008
Abraham was visited several times by the hosts of heaven. the bible calls his visitors men. implying that they had flesh.
some children of God in genesis came down from heaven to mate with the daughters of earth.
metecheidek who recieved the first tithe ever, from abraham, is called The High Priest of God.
these examples are heavenly beings who have used the flesh/physical bodies to reach man.
My Christian people, did anybody ever paid any realy attention to the many entities listed above;

a.) Abraham, a man.
b.) host of heavens who are called by the bible men because they have flesh.  
c.) some children of christian god, the children who came down from heaven as reported in genesis.
d.) the daughters of earth who were mated with by children of god (c), as in man woman mating.
e.) metchezdeket who received the first tithe from Abraham, who is also called the high priest of Children of Isreal god. am gonna assume here that the christians do not believe in the high priest status, as the old testament people do.  

The poster commented that all of these 5 or at least some of them are heanenly entities. Here are my Islamic questions; How many entities apart from Angels that are still heavenly entities? Is there any really? Who are sons of Christian God (the three godhead)? Who were the daughters of the earth? Were they different from the Children of Adam, since Adam was the first of mankind created, and Eve being his wife, the first woman to be created? Are there another set of people apart from what came out of Adam and Eve? It will make sense if these different set of daughters of the earth were not from Adam. But I sure will like to know how are the now?

And we know that Adam and Eve's Children were males and females and they married from within the children pool, but just not from the same pregnancy delivery! What happened to the product of the relationships of the Christian god sons and daughters of the earth? They all died or is there any part of the world that they occupied and will not die? What happened to the high priest of the Torah people, Melchezdeket? He is still alive or this is another of the Christians spiritual misteries, since there is no Physicality in anything of the Chrisrians? Afterall your worships are in spirit. there is no physicality, yet you erect Churches and go there to worship!

From the above one will see that Christian God had children even without  mother(s), greater beings or sons, than the lonely son Jesus, who came through a woman! Hence, I do not know what is the purpose of that great attachments to set him up to the same status as his father, Christian's god the Father?Afterall there were other sons who had came before to the earth, even to conjugate with earthlings, the daughters of the earth, whereby children were produced, being grandsons and daughters of Christian's father god. It seems to point out that Jesus was not unique at all.

Then when we look at Melchezdeket, we see that he did not have father nor mother, nor beginning and no one from the Christians can tell us that he is dead already. See, even he is alive somewhere still, according to the christians.

So what will leave the body that will render it liveless, between the soul and spirit, if these two are not just different names for a single entity? Is soul not spirit that was breadth into the nostril of father Adam, the process whereby he came alive, turning a cured muddy heap to flesh of living and breadthing man?

What is faith in Christianity? If you can do work, but you refuse to do it for the pleasure of God, even though you claim that you have faith in God, is that faith good enough, really?

In Islam True faith is to belief in the Oneness of God and at the sametime negates as in disbelief in anything that is against that belief in the One Singly God. There is no atom or hair splitting about it. Faithis paramount and work of righteousness as much as you have the capacity to do go hand in hand. The first, however is good sounding Abraham kinda faith! He negated everything and believed in One God without any offspring, be it son or daughter. He believed in the God that has no beginning and never an ending, so He this God never dies. He is separate and apart from any and creations. He does not love or resemble any of His creations. None has His likeness whatsoever! That is Islam God!
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by TayoD1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
@noetic,

I m sorry I never replied sooner.
That's okay.

what u have failed to do is clearly define in your own words what the spirit is.[/b]because to be honest with u, I have defined the spirit and so also have others, and in applying this same scriptures with that of apostle paul, it is obvious that they refered to certain attributes of man that clearly makes him whole and not a seprate entity refered to as spirit.
I have clearly defined the spirit as the real man. The body is only a covering, a tent as Apostle Peter puts it in 2 Peter 1:13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as [b]I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; 14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 

The spirit is not an attribute, it is aware and self sustaining, even outside of the body. That is why Paul could say he went to heaven and wasn't sure if it was in the body or outside of the body. That shows that the spirit is absolutely aware outside of the body because the man that was caught up to heaven heard several things - 2 Cor. 12:13. The body is just a tent, it is nothing but dust and can be put off and on. It is an outside covering necessary to live on this earth. The spirit on the other hand has a body which can exist in heaven 2 cor 5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: Who is to be clothed in heaven? the body? No. It is the real man, the spirit.

no. the spirit of man refers to certain attributes man pocesses. spirit (pneuma) the human mind, instincts and personal convictions. our ability to analyse,reason and comprehend, but u must observe, like u noted above that the breadth of live was one of the biblibically explicitly stated ingridients that God used to make man a living being. the spirit was not mentioned in this context.
The spirit of man is no attribute. You are expressing the characteristics of a man's soul, and not his spirit. I explained it further down that james made things clearer in the NT. The Bible is line upon line, a little here, a little there. Because the full explanantion is not found in Genesis does not mean you are left without interpretation in other passages.

if thats the case, the bible never said the breadth of life has a form or kind. it was just the breadth of GOD. so we agree that the spirit is a part of man that is formless and bodiless. so this way it cannot outlive man to ascend to heaven.
If the spirit of man cannot outlive man to live in heaven who are those refered to as the spirits of just men made perfect who are in heaven as we speak - Hebrews 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, You have consistenelty avoided this scripture every time I refer to it. Are you going to explain it away?

how?
We are told that the body is dead without the spirit. So it is only logical to conclude that the only reason why Adam's body came to life is because the spirit came into it. Zechariah 12:1 - This is the word of the Lord concerning Israel. The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declaresSince we are not told when God formed Adam's spirit in Genesis, it is only reasonable to conclude that it took place when God breadth into him because he came to life at that point. Remember, if there was no spirit, the body won't come to life.

i don't understand u. whats the diffence according to u between the soul and spirit the first and last Adam lived by? did the last Adam not also expirience pain, suffering, hunger, afflictions? was He not humiliated? was He not subject to the limitations and rules of nature? did He not cry and die like the first adam? are these things not physical afflictions limited to man? so how did He live His life tru d spirit?
The diffference is that the first Adam wasn't guided as it were by his spirit. He lived a soulish life and everything was done through reason. That is why when Satan tempted them, the Bible said Eve gave consideration to the devil's words by observation, reasoning and conclusion. That is a living soul at work. Decisions are made based on reason. The last Adam, and us on the other hand, aren't meant to live that way. We are meant to be led by the Spirit of God through our spirits and not through our reason (soul). Romans 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. God's leading is through the Spirit who communicates only with our spirits. That is a huge difference. As a believer today, even though I am tempted and there is an appeal to my soul, I ignore that if it is contrary to the witness of my spirit.

the real personae is man.
So who is man? Man is spirit, just like God who made man into His likeness.

then who is man? when was his body created? and when was man created?
see please stop using primordial believes to satisfy spiritual curiosities. the bible says man was created lifeless until he pocessed the braedth of life. the bible didnt say a body was created, followed by a spirit or soul. attempting to divide a man into these three concepts, when the creation and the purpose of man`s existence does not imply this is unfortunate.
The Bible clearly delineates them. Zechariah 12:1 shows that man's body is created separately from his spirit. James testifies that the reason why Adam lay lifeless in the Garden is becuase there was no spirit in him. Paul said a man can ascend to heaven without his body. Jesus mentioned Lazarus, Abraham and the rich man who lived outside their bodies in the after life. Why you can't see this beats me.

i insist that, that was a parable and no where else was it mentioned that certain dead go abrahams bossom. to believe u, please reconcile the meaning oh hades and abrahams bossom.
Before I talk about Hades and Abraham's bossom, I'd like you to tell us why you think that was just a parable. I have expressly given my reasons why I know this is a true story based on a real event but you are yet to give yours. maybe you should start by rebutting what I wrote earlier:

1.  Jesus never mentions a name in his parables. He almost always starts his parables with the statement: the KOG is like ,

2.  Jesus used the word "certain" in describing the rich man and Lazarus. This is a definite article that indicates he had particular people in mind.  See verses 19 There was a certain rich man;  20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus,. Jesus was essentially saying there was a particular rich man and  there was a particular beggar, and he even had a name.

3.  In starting this parable, Jesus began by with the phrase: "There was", which shows He was talking about an event that took place.

I have told u my opinion on this and will still go back to it on d other thread.
but to understand my view, please read the four gospels account of the call of the disciples by Jesus and explain d difference.
It is very funny that in your explanation, you mentioned that Jesus corrected the disciples that he was no spirit when he walked on water. Yet you did not carry that logic over to the time when they refered to the men that appeared with jesus on the Mt of transfiguration as Moses and Elijah. Don't you find it funny that not only did Jesus not correct them, but He went on to teach them about Elijah?  undecided

i don't see any biblibical inscription that butresses your belief.
I have highlighted this before. God, in whose likeness man is created is spirit despite the fact that he has a soul. Why would man be different whn man possesses a spirit and a soul too?  Please explain.

based on my definition of spirit and soul i agree with u. u know y?
just like I corrected ricadelide in my last post, Heavenly beings can take up human forms if they want to. but d main reason y i really agree with u is because, angels don't accept worship, but we have seen instances where they accepted worship, like the visit to abraham and joshua. so if these beings accept worship, they definitely cannot b angels who then visited these people? your guess is as good as mine.
Angels are known in scripture to possess bodies that men can see. The angel that accepted worship is actually the Lord himself in His pre-incarnation manifestations. These are different topics altogether. And by the way, Melchizedek was an ordinary man and not an angel or heavenly being, remember, a high priest is chosen from among men - Hebrews 5:1.

sorry I am delaying my responses
cheers
  undecided
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 10:37am On Jan 23, 2008
@TayoD,

I appreciate you rejoinder to noetic's (much as I continue to enjoy his sane manner in the discussions). Most of what you had posted recently (perhaps having to repeat them for clarity) highlighted the same things I'd been hoping to deal on. I'll just watch the discussion progress, and then try and make some inputs here and there as time permits.

However, perhaps a little thing to add/observe in yours:

Tayo-D:

3. In starting this parable, Jesus began by with the phrase: "There was", which shows He was talking about an event that took place.

While I would agree with you that the Lord Jesus Christ was conveying a reality with graphic details to His audience, I suppose that the clause "there was" doesn't actually alone strengthen the idea that the event took place. No, I'm not denying the possibility that it most probably did occur; but what I would like to pont out here is that the same clause is used in several other parables.

What (perhaps) is astounding is that He used the same clause to cover three epochs of time - past, present, future - which further strengthen the reality of His claims (at least, to me). Let's sample a few:

The PRESENT:

Luke 7:41 & 42
There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five
hundred pence, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay, he
frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him
most?

Luke 18:1 & 2
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to
pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared
not God, neither regarded man:

The FUTURE:

Matthew 25:1, 6 & 7
1[/b]Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took
their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. . . [b]6[/b]And at midnight
[b]there was
a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet
him. 7[/b]Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

[b]The PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE
:

Matthew 21:33
Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted
a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and
built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country. .

Although my intention is not to deflect the present discussion into prophetic outlines, I'm just pointing out this simple fact - that when someone tries to treat the parables of the Lord with levity, they are definitely bound to misappropriate His words and come close to denying the realities of what those parables convey!

Shalom. wink
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by kingsikaz(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2008
Man is a Triune being. He is called a Tripartite Man. He is a Spirit (not dat he just has a spirit), He has a Soul n He lives in a Body.

Strong's concordance fails 2 differentiate between d three by saying dat SPIRIT (pneuma in d Greek) is an "Immortal soul".

SPIRIT - This connect man 2 d INFINITE INTELLIGENT as a philosopher will put it or 2 d SPIRITUAL REALM according 2 spiritualists or d psychic realm. All men are psychic in nature.
MAN is a SPIRIT. Your realself is your Spirit, not d physical body one can see because it is hidden. It is called "THE HIDDEN MAN OF THE HEART".IT is there THE ISSUES OF LIFE FLOWS.
YOUR SPIRIT allows u 2 COMMUNICATE 2 D SUPREME BEING. GOD communicate 2 u thru Ur SPIRIT. You WORSHIP HIM IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH.

First Thessalonians 5:23 makes it very clear:

“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” (emphasis mine).

FUNCTION OF THE SPIRIT

1. to Contact God
“Worship” literally signifies “to come forward and kiss”

The Lord Jesus explained in John 4:24, “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truthfulness.” To worship God is actually to contact Him, based on the etymology of the Greek word here rendered “worship,” proskuneo. This term derives from pros, meaning “toward,” and kuneo, meaning “to kiss.” Thus, “worship” literally signifies “to come forward and kiss.” To kiss is to make intimate contact with another person. Similarly, we make contact with God in the most personal, intimate way when we touch Him as the divine Spirit in our human spirit (Vine 1247).

2 To Receive God
To receive God it is crucial that we exercise our spirit

We receive initially God when we are born anew. This new birth takes place in our spirit, for according to John 3:6, “…that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.” Not only does our spirit function to receive God initially; it continues to function to receive God as the Spirit for the rest of our Christian life. The Lord prophesied of this New Testament experience in Ezekiel 36:26: “I will also give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you.” God wisely gives His believers both a new heart to love Him and a new spirit to receive Him. As a physical illustration, our heart may love many things, but without the exercise of the appropriate faculty in order to receive those things, they can never be substantiated and enjoyed by us. For example, to apprehend and appreciate sound, we must exercise our ears, just as color is substantiated by the exercise of our eyes. Neither can we receive food without exercising our mouth. Likewise, to receive God it is crucial that we exercise our spirit.

To Contain God
Finally, our spirit functions to contain God. Second Timothy 4:22 says precisely, “The Lord be with your spirit.” This word clearly designates our human spirit as the place where God makes His abode in us. Since the Lord lives within our spirit, we can accurately describe our spirit as a container of God.
D SPIRIT NEVER DIES.

SOUL: If you were talking to me face to face, you’d be seeing my body but speaking to my soul. The word “soul” is defined by some as your mind, will, and emotions, and while that’s certainly true, it’s incomplete. Your “conscience” should also be included in that definition. Your soul is really what most people call their personalities.
The soul is CENTER OF DECISION.CITADEL OF INTELLECT. It is sometimes refers 2 as the heart (not d normal blood pumping machine in Ur body) or d MIND.
D real ability and capability of a man is his soul. FOR IT HAS D WILL-POWER. Hun, un .WILL_POWER that is d word. D soul can b refers 2 as d MIND u remember? The mind in turns into CONSCIOUS MIND N SUBCONCIOUS MIND. Your conscious mind has D WILL D SUBCONCIOUS HAS D POWER. D synchronization of d two gives WILLPOWER. Many have d WILL BUT THEY LACK D POWER, That is d different between MAN and MAN,
The soul is d SOURCE OF INSPIRATION (SUBCONSCIOUS MIND mainly). It is there u get the HUNCH, A FLASH,
The State of d soul/ mind of man will determine d level of his achievement in life. because creativity lies in d soul.
All emotions reside in d soul but are reflected in d body- which can regard as a monitor which display all d informations programmed in2 it.
D soul can die n it can also survive dealth. It is sometimes called ' immortal being” because it can attain 'immortality"
D soul of a sinner will die, but a recreated soul will never die.
Note this “dat CALM MAN who remain UNCHANGED IN D FACE OF ADVERSITY N PLEASURE, Whom ALL THESE, does not MOVE is ABLE O SON OF MAN 2 ATTAIN IMMORTALITY." IMMORTALITY OF D SOUL.
D soul can b renewed, reformed, transformed n cultivated. (Rom 12: 1-2). I pause.

D BODY. Ordinary dust u are! d body is an empty room begging 4 who 2 rent it and stays in it for a while b4 d owner comes 2 collect. Who is d owner? Death of course!

D body display d stuff u are made up.
It is temporary apartment lend 2 u in other live in. not permanent!

It conveys all the informatn given it by d spirit n d soul.

'As a man thinketh, so is he"

For u 2 b a perfect being; Ur spirit, soul n body must work harmoniously. No conflict at all, because a house dat divided against itself shall falllllllllllllll.

SOME FACTS

All men are spiritually dead, until they are bornagain
It is your spirit that is born again @ conversion, not your soul. It is your spirit that is dead in trespasses.
Your soul being save when u continuously renews your mind (rom 12:1-3)
Your body, yes, your body will be save when mortality puts on immortality. Your body is d last entity 2 b save.

sikaz4u@yahoo.com. 08072705904. a philosopher, psychologist, motivator, spiritualist etc
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2008
Hi @kingsikaz,

kingsikaz:

Strong's concordance fails 2 differentiate between d three by saying that SPIRIT (pneuma in d Greek) is an "Immortal soul".

While your input is helpful in many ways, could I request one thing of you? Here:

I don't know about Strong's Concordance not differentiating between the three (spirit, soul and body). Perhaps it did (and I'm persuaded so). However, could you show us how or where Strong's Concordance referred to the spirit as an "immortal soul"?

Many thanks.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by kingsikaz(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ philgrim1

there was a mixed up somewhere. i intended to write 'rational soul'
check Strong's greek lexicon 4151 for more on spirit.

thanx 4 observation. you are a great wench.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by noetic(m): 3:29pm On Jan 23, 2008
olabowale:

b.) host of heavens who are called by the bible men because they have flesh.
still true.

c.) some children of christian god, the children who came down from heaven as reported in genesis.
d.) the daughters of earth who were mated with by children of god (c), as in man woman mating.
unlike islam where all are slaves. Jesus is the son of God. and by association and dominion the angels are reffered to the sons of God, though paul later clarified that saying they have been made messengers unto us to deliver the gospel of salvation.

e.) metchezdeket who received the first tithe from Abraham, who is also called the high priest of Children of Isreal god.
metchezdeket is Jesus. He was mentioned twice in the bible. on the first occassion He recieved tithe from abraham, and Paul later said in the NT that HE has no begining or end.
metchezdeket is also a High priest and Paul said that we have a high priest who can sympathise with our sufferings cos he has expirienced them. Only Jesus fits this description.

am going to assume here that the christians do not believe in the high priest status, as the old testament people do.  
and what is d basis of ur assumption?

The poster commented that all of these 5 or at least some of them are heanenly entities. Here are my Islamic questions; How many entities apart from Angels that are still heavenly entities?
I think the relevant answers are in d koran.

Is there any really? Who are sons of Christian God (the three godhead)? Who were the daughters of the earth? Were they different from the Children of Adam, since Adam was the first of mankind created, and Eve being his wife, the first woman to be created? Are there another set of people apart from what came out of Adam and Eve?
like I earlier said earlier the angels can be called his sons by their dominion. but in our own case, john said in the 1st chapter of his gospel, verse 12 that unto those of us, to whom Jesus is Lord over, to us has been given d power, grace and authourity to be sons and not slaves of God.

It will make sense if these different set of daughters of the earth were not from Adam.
no. it doesnt make sense. all humans have their root from adam, except the koran states otherwise.

But I sure will like to know how are the now?
if u have a sister, wife or daughter, then they qualify to be refered to as the daughters of earth (its just a linguistic thing).
but should they accept Jesus, then they now enjoy the "sonship" privileges john spoke about.

And we know that Adam and Eve's Children were males and females and they married from within the children pool,
true.

but just not from the same pregnancy delivery!
what are u driving at?.

What happened to the product of the relationships of the Christian god sons and daughters of the earth?
its in genesis6.

They all died or is there any part of the world that they occupied and will not die?
I dont get ur point. but it is appointed unto men to die.

What happened to the high priest of the Torah people, Melchezdeket?
wrong. He is the priest of the most high God. who died for u and me.

acknowledge Him, that u might partake in eternal life.

He is still alive or this is another of the Christians spiritual misteries, since there is no Physicality in anything of the Chrisrians? Afterall your worships are in spirit. there is no physicality, yet you erect Churches and go there to worship!
see, I still dont get u. I am only replying because u made an issue out of my post.

God is spirit and those who worship him do so in spirit and in truth. we worship God in Spirit and truth, but inside physical and humanly crafted structures called churches like u have mosques.

From the above one will see that Christian God had children even without  mother(s), greater beings or sons, than the lonely son Jesus, who came through a woman! Hence, I do not know what is the purpose of that great attachments to set him up to the same status as his father, Christian's god the Father?Afterall there were other sons who had came before to the earth,
if u limit God to ur imagination, then u can say He needs a female to pro-create. I only wonder y the koran also acknowledges that Jesus was not created. what a koranic contradiction

however, Jesus was, is and will always be. the angels were the works of His creation. so are u and me.
but unlike u, they are not slaves, they are refered to sons and I am not a slave but a son, a joint heir of eternal life by grace.

It seems to point out that Jesus was not unique at all.
no u are wrong. all power and authourity in heaven, on earth and under the earth have been given unto Him.
and there is no other name under heaven through which we might be saved. definitely not mohammed`s name.
and I wonder y allah will save his slaves? slaves are meant to over-work and perish.

Then when we look at Melchezdeket, we see that he did not have father nor mother, nor beginning and no one from the Christians can tell us that he is dead already. See, even he is alive somewhere still, according to the christians.
He came to the world to die that we all might be redeemed.
and like u rightly said He is alive in heaven, sitting at the right hand side of the Almighty

So what will leave the body that will render it liveless, between the soul and spirit, if these two are not just different names for a single entity? Is soul not spirit that was breadth into the nostril of father Adam, the process whereby he came alive, turning a cured muddy heap to flesh of living and breadthing man?
give me ur take on this issue, then I will gladly respond.
until then I will consider comments unintellectually jejune.

What is faith in Christianity?
please read hebrews11.
if u still dont understand, please open a new thread, I am sure pilgrim will gladly enlighten u better.

If you can do work, but you refuse to do it for the pleasure of God, even though you claim that you have faith in God, is that faith good enough, really?
are u assuming that this is what the Xtian faith implies?

In Islam True faith is to belief in the Oneness of God and at the sametime negates as in disbelief in anything that is against that belief in the One Singly God.
good to know that.
but please stick to islam.

cheers kiss
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by pilgrim1(f): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2008
@kingsikaz,

kingsikaz:

@ philgrim1

there was a mixed up somewhere. i intended to write 'rational soul'
check Strong's greek lexicon 4151 for more on spirit.

Aiight - thanks for pointing that out. smiley

kingsikaz:

thanx 4 observation. you are a great wench.

Lol. . . many blessings. grin
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by kingsikaz(m): 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ philgrim

and you too.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by olabowale(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2008
What all the christians on this forum have been unable to understand, God Almighty has provided the process of understanding through another one of His creations, M_Nwankwo.

m_nwankwo (m)
Norway

Re: Scientists Create First Synthetic Genome
« #11 on: Yesterday at 08:29:27 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The DNA is the blueprint or code for the physical body. It is not life since life is not physical. Life comes from God and it cannot be created. Technically, it is a possiblity that within 15-30 years molecular biologist can synthesize artificially the entire human genome. However even with this feat, it is incorrect to talk about creatting life since the very precursors used in artificially synthesizing the DNA molecule are already provided by God. Thus science does not create anything but through the union of already existing elements, it brings about new forms. It is more correct to say that science can form but cannot create. The spirit or "soul" which animates the physical body and its DNA is the only truely living part of man. This spirit or soul cannot be created by any creature, it is a creation of God. When the spirit withdraws from the body during physical death, the body and its DNA lack "life" and decays. Mainting cells or tissues in cultures is not living since such cells lack counciousness. It is is possible that the entire human genome can be synthesised and programmed to develop into a physical human body but it is impossible for this artificially created body to become a living man since the soul or spirit is lacking.
Thereis nothing more to say. God has spoken the truth through His creation, M_Nwankwo. The understanding of SOUL/SPIRIT is for all to see. This is exactly what I have said in my several entries on this subject in the past. Alhamdulillah, Allah brought the understanding through another man. I suppose that M_Nwankwo is not a Muslim, yet. But for sure his heart is right, and he is on the path leading to the path of success!
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by stimulus(m): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2008
olabowale:

What all the christians on this forum have been unable to understand, God Almighty has provided the process of understanding through another one of His creations, M_Nwankwo.
Thereis nothing more to say. God has spoken the truth through His creation, M_Nwankwo. The understanding of SOUL/SPIRIT is for all to see. This is exactly what I have said in my several entries on this subject in the past. Alhamdulillah, Allah brought the understanding through another man. I suppose that M_Nwankwo is not a Muslim, yet. But for sure his heart is right, and he is on the path leading to the path of success!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-110380.0.html#msg1929079

m_nwankwo:
Life comes from God and it cannot be created.

Who then created life in the Qur'an when you have applauded the above assertion that it cannot be created? Doesn't that already throw the Qur'an aside?

Oh, I forgot - he is "almost" a Muslim, you say? undecided
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by olabowale(m): 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2008
@Stimulus: Your lying blood will not allow you to tell the truth. M_Nwankwo said 'Man can not create life, because life comes from God alone, Who created it!' I do not want to dignify your statement; I consider your thoughts foolish and unworthy of any further response. You will not accept truth, as truth. It is very shameful. I will repost what the gentleman M_Nwankwo wrote for those people who are sincere. They may have diffrerent religions, but they do not blatantly lie as you just did above, bending the truth to satisfy you evil intent!

The DNA is the blueprint or code for the physical body. It is not life since life is not physical. Life comes from God and it cannot be created. Technically, it is a possiblity that within 15-30 years molecular biologist can synthesize artificially the entire human genome. However even with this feat, it is incorrect to talk about creatting life since the very precursors used in artificially synthesizing the DNA molecule are already provided by God. Thus science does not create anything but through the union of already existing elements, it brings about new forms. It is more correct to say that science can form but cannot create. The spirit or "soul" which animates the physical body and its DNA is the only truely living part of man. This spirit or soul cannot be created by any creature, it is a creation of God. When the spirit withdraws from the body during physical death, the body and its DNA lack "life" and decays. Mainting cells or tissues in cultures is not living since such cells lack counciousness. It is is possible that the entire human genome can be synthesised and programmed to develop into a physical human body but it is impossible for this artificially created body to become a living man since the soul or spirit is lacking.
Re: Spirit, Soul And Body - What's The Difference? by stimulus(m): 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2008
@olabowale,

olabowale:

@Stimulus: Your lying blood will not allow you to tell the truth. M_Nwankwo said 'Man can not create life, because life comes from God alone, Who created it!'

I don't have a lying blood, so you can as well keep your mendacity to yourself, thank you.

As for the quote you attributed to m_nwankwo, please don't put words into his mouth. Could you help us trace where he said this: "'Man can not create life, because life comes from God alone, Who created it"? Please simply highlight where m_nwankwo stated it so.

olabowale:

I do not want to dignify your statement; I consider your thoughts foolish and unworthy of any further response.

This is usually the lullaby you often cry out in your old age after your hypocrisy and deliberate cowardice hit a dead end. If you have nothing else to sing in high pitch, roll up your mat and throw your kettle away! Muslims have been offered amicable and enabling opportunities to discuss without lying or ridiculing other religions; but no - you seem to do so well in thriving on such acrid adventures.

olabowale:

You will not accept truth, as truth.

Olabowale, there is NO truth in you!

olabowale:

It is very shameful.

The shame is yours - enjoy it.

olabowale:

I will repost what the gentleman M_Nwankwo wrote for those people who are sincere. They may have diffrerent religions, but they do not blatantly lie as you just did above, bending the truth to satisfy you evil intent!

I have no evil intent. As earlier, please highlight where m_nwankwo stated this line that you re-engineered to bend into his mouth:

"'Man can not create life, because life comes from God alone, Who created it"?

Please simply highlight where m_nwankwo stated/said it so.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jihadists Are Systematically Beheading Christianchildren In Iraq / How To Break Out From Generational Curses Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams / SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT '' THANKING GOD HEALS ''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 307
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.