Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,216 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body (9828 Views)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / Salvation (spirit, Soul, And Body) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Image123(m): 1:08am On Oct 31, 2012
I'm hoping to talk on this from the bible viewpoint soon, by God's grace. Inputs are appreciated.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by ijawkid(m): 1:47am On Oct 31, 2012
Image123: I'm hoping to talk on this from the bible viewpoint soon, by God's grace. Inputs are appreciated.

Start defining each constituent you wrote down....

1....Spirit
2...Body
3...Soul
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by pastormustwacc: 5:56am On Oct 31, 2012
While you are at it, i want to know the answer to the following:

1. Where exactly is the mind located? In the brain, in the spirit, in the soul, between the spirit and the soul, or elsewhere?
2. What exactly happens to the spirit and the soul after death
3. When the trumpet shall sound, and people rise again. Is it the same body they died in that shall rise?
4. The 666 mark, shall it be written on the body or the soul or the spirit?

I want your own version, if the questions are too ambigous, you can skip them.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2012
lol, Image120lodo, where you run go hide.. see interrogation..
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Image123(m): 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
musKeeto: lol, Image120lodo, where you run go hide.. see interrogation..
muske i asked for inputs, not folly. on an aside, i thought I'd see your necessary inputs on that flies thread in the front page. Its the classic from the horse's mouth thing you know? So abeg input this time.
then ask around on the meaning of soon, you're spending too much time on internet my gud friend.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
Image123:
muske i asked for inputs, not folly. on an aside, i thought I'd see your necessary inputs on that flies thread in the front page. Its the classic from the horse's mouth thing you know? So abeg input this time.
then ask around on the meaning of soon, you're spending too much time on internet my gud friend.
folly asking for input? lol...
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
MAN is made up of :

1. A Body
2. the life of GOD

7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

notice here :

- MAN was formed from the dust of the ground - at this time he was inanimate , no soul , no spirit , no life

- God breathed life into this MAN who was inanimate - MAN became a living SOUL , not a living spirit or a living body but a living SOUL.

By inference from this clear scripture , MAN was 'dead' until the breath of GOD entered his nostrils.

Same thing happens at death, the breath of GOD leaves from the nostrils of MAN when he/she dies and the body returns to the dust. This is why Daniel could say ' those who are asleep in the dust of the earth ' , they are actually DEAD.

Once a MAN/WOMAN dies , that's it . There is no other life in the dead body for this life has returned to GOD.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Image123(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
^
thanks for the inputs which I largely agree with BTW.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by plaetton: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
frosbel: MAN is made up of :

1. A Body
2. the life of GOD

7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

notice here :

- MAN was formed from the dust of the ground - at this time he was inanimate , no soul , no spirit , no life

- God breathed life into this MAN who was inanimate - MAN became a living SOUL , not a living spirit or a living body but a living SOUL.

By inference from this clear scripture , MAN was 'dead' until the breath of GOD entered his nostrils.

Same thing happens at death, the breath of GOD leaves from the nostrils of MAN when he/she dies and the body returns to the dust. This is why Daniel could say ' those who are asleep in the dust of the earth ' , they are actually DEAD.

Once a MAN/WOMAN dies , that's it . There is no other life in the dead body for this life has returned to GOD.

Returned to god?

That is not what we were taught in sunday school.
What about purgatory?
What about judgement?
What about hell and heaven?

What about the meek inheriting the earth?
How about rapture and the dead rising?

I am confused now.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
plaetton:

Returned to god?

That is not what we were taught in sunday school.
What about purgatory?
What about judgement?
What about hell and heaven?

What about the meek inheriting the earth?
How about rapture and the dead rising?

I am confused now.

After Death is a resurrection to damnation or a resurrection to life.

In other words the wicked will not get away with their wickedness, they will one day be raised in mortality ( not immortality ) for judgement , punishment and destruction.

They will realise the error of their ways and alas it will be too late for repentance.

1 Like

Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by plaetton: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
frosbel:

After Death is a resurrection to damnation or a resurrection to life.

In other words [b]the wicked will not get away with their wickedness, they will one day be raised in mortality ( not immortality ) for judgement , punishment and destruction.
[/b]
They will realise the error of their ways and alas it will be too late for repentance.

Excellent. So the wicked will be judged and punished for their wickedness. That is very refreshing to know.

I guess athiests like myself , and other unbelievers have nothing to worry about then, because, the boundaries of hell will so full that there would be no need to waste precious time and space to judge sincere, kind and law abiding people, merely on the basis of an unbelief in an invisible, undefined,contradicting notions of a creator.
So hell is for wicked people, not unbelievers.
Do you agree?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
plaetton:

Excellent. So the wicked will be judged and punished for their wickedness. That is very refreshing to know.

I guess athiests like myself , and other unbelievers have nothing to worry about then, because, the boundaries of hell will so full that there would be no need to waste precious time and space to judge sincere, kind and law abiding people, merely on the basis of an unbelief in an invisible, undefined,contradicting notions of a creator.
So hell is for wicked people, not unbelievers.
Do you agree?

What can be more wicked than making a mockery of the eternal gift of Christ ,who tasted death for ALL, that we may live and not die !
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by plaetton: 3:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
frosbel:

What can be more wicked than making a mockery of the eternal gift of Christ ,who tasted death for ALL, that we may live and not die !

Mockery is often a result of doubt. To doubt something cannot be equated with being wicked.
Healthy skeptism is wonderful thing. We have been given mind to be able to make distinctions and choices. even making a wrong choice once in awhile is part of growth and evolution.

Being doubtful and skeptical is far far different from being deceitful, selfish and wicked.
You are intelligent enough to realize that.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by pastormustwacc: 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
Looks like no one could answer my questions. Or was the post hidden?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Image123(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
^
hoping to post something tomorrow if i carve the time, it should address some of your questions.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by pastormustwacc: 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
^Interesting, i already have the answers, but it is always good to rub minds - so that one gets more enlightened and correct errors. I am always opened to corrections.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: While you are at it, i want to know the answer to the following:

1. Where exactly is the mind located? In the brain, in the spirit, in the soul, between the spirit and the soul, or elsewhere?
2. What exactly happens to the spirit and the soul after death
3. When the trumpet shall sound, and people rise again. Is it the same body they died in that shall rise?
4. The 666 mark, shall it be written on the body or the soul or the spirit?

I want your own version, if the questions are too ambigous, you can skip them.
I will help you.
1. The mind is located in the brain.
2. When we die, our souls die too, but not our spirit.
3. Lol. No. A part of our tripartite nature will. That part is the spirit-the only thing that survives physical death.
4. Lol. The above will answer you.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by plaetton: 5:37am On Nov 01, 2012
Reyginus:
I will help you.
1. The mind is located in the brain.
2. When we die, our souls die too, but not our spirit.
3. Lol. No. A part of our tripartite nature will. That part is the spirit-the only thing that survives physical death.
4. Lol. The above will answer you.

This is probably the first time I am ever hearing that the soul dies.
And the spirit lives?
Please, kindly explain to us the difference between soul and spirit. And also, kindly explain to us why you think the soul dies and the spirit lives.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by pastormustwacc: 5:55am On Nov 01, 2012
I am not completely satisfied with the answers.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2012
plaetton:

This is probably the first time I am ever hearing that the soul dies.
And the spirit lives?
Please, kindly explain to us the difference between soul and spirit. And also, kindly explain to us why you think the soul dies and the spirit lives.
Thank you.
No thanks.
Before anything, what do you think or know is a soul?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: I am not completely satisfied with the answers.
Where and why?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by pastormustwacc: 9:28am On Nov 01, 2012
Reyginus: Where and why?
Hmn, I wil explain later.

Can someone tell me where a vision is received - the mind, the body, soul or spirit or all?

This is related to my original question.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Hmn, I wil explain later.

Can someone tell me where a vision is received - the mind, the body, soul or spirit or all?

This is related to my original question.
Very funny.
You have to first define for us what a vision is?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by cyrexx: 10:06am On Nov 01, 2012
Reyginus: No thanks.

Reyginus: Very funny.

WOW! Reyginus is now officially Anony v2.0 smiley

1 Like

Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2012
cyrexx:

WOW! Reyginus is now officially Anony v2.0 smiley
oga o. Plss. Am still a kid learning from everyone of you.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by pastormustwacc: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2012
Reyginus: Very funny.
A vision like:

Acts 2:17
In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc:
A vision like:

Acts 2:17
Hahahahaha. You are hugging the scriptures for balance. Is that your definition or description of a vision?
Guy, it's never appriopriate to define a thing by describing it.
Simply define the 'vision' you are describing.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by pastormustwacc: 11:28am On Nov 01, 2012
So what do you understand? I said englis, you no understand, i quote scripture you no understand, so i give up.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: So what do you understand? I said englis, you no understand, i quote scripture you no understand, so i give up.
Lolol.
Am I asking too much?
Okay, search your 'scriptural' dictionary and tell me what a vision is.
Am waiting.
You know you are dragging us.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by pastormustwacc: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2012
On this subject matter of visions, i will now call up the Fifth Amendment: i have the right to remain silent.
I have already looked ahead and know what is coming should i answer the question correctly, and i dont like it.

Now, enough thread derailment, let us get back to the thread.

1 Like

Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2012
pastormustwacc: On this subject matter of visions, i will now call up the Fifth Amendment: i have the right to remain silent.
I have already looked ahead and know what is coming should i answer the question correctly, and i dont like it.

Now, enough thread derailment, let us get back to the thread.
haba! Dude, you are funny.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by plaetton: 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
Reyginus: No thanks.

Haba. You made a claim. I asked you to kindly explain your claim.
You decline and then aks me to define your claims for you?.
Are you shy?

That tells us that you can neither define soul nor spirit, nor the difference between them.

Just what are you guys drinking?
You guys seem to be breaking new records everyday with your convoluted logic.
Why bother to come on a public forum to make bold claims that you cannot defend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imagine If God Talks To People As Claimed. Challenge To Christians / How Jesus Has Deceived The Christians / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Prays For Buhari's Recovery (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.