Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,107 members, 7,849,454 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Horror At The Hands Of Robbers On The Benin-warri Express Way. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Horror At The Hands Of Robbers On The Benin-warri Express Way. (746 Views)

Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) / FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way / Traffic Slows Down Robbers On Power Bikes As They Attack Bullion Van (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horror At The Hands Of Robbers On The Benin-warri Express Way. by stnonymus(m): 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2011
A colleague of mine recently experienced robbers on the Warri to Benin expressway. He and fellow passengers where detained in the bush for about 11 solid hours.The men suffered beatings and the women suffered sexual assaults.I thought these sorts of attacks were history until this Saturday when he returned with only the clothes on his back.

12 hours is a long time to hold one hostage.It just goes to show a serious fundamental problem with our security system.The victims could have been any one of us or our loved ones.What's the guarantee that this will never happen to us or those we care about in the future.

If we continue to endure a system that leaves security officials poor and vulnerable to corruption,encourages political thuggery,and admits cultists into government positions then we can only expect worse crimes against humanity.

What personal steps are you taking towards changing the retrogressive Nigerian course?

We need all hands on deck!
Re: Horror At The Hands Of Robbers On The Benin-warri Express Way. by BiggySmalz(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2011
Guns need to be legalized in Nigeria in order for the citizens to fight situations like this!!
Re: Horror At The Hands Of Robbers On The Benin-warri Express Way. by stnonymus(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2011
BiggySmalz:

Guns need to be legalized in Nigeria in order for the citizens to fight situations like this!!

I don't really think that would solve the problem.It will create another problem.People will just be shooting each other at the slightest provocation.
Re: Horror At The Hands Of Robbers On The Benin-warri Express Way. by mamagee3(f): 11:03pm On Feb 17, 2011
Sad experience. . .
Re: Horror At The Hands Of Robbers On The Benin-warri Express Way. by stnonymus(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2011
mama-gee:

Sad experience. . .

Yes it is sad.This is really a growing trend amongst robbers.I am surprised that women activist groups haven't stormed the house of assembly or the I.G.'s quarters demanding more security and severe punishment for sex offenders.
Re: Horror At The Hands Of Robbers On The Benin-warri Express Way. by 190: 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2011
st_nonymus:

I don't really think that would solve the problem.It will create another problem.People will just be shooting each other at the slightest provocation.
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

View Of Commitment. Commitment Is A Scared Subject. / Strauss-kahn Case Collapse Maid 'caught In Lies' / Is It Possible To Interchange Between Ur 1st And 2nd Choice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.