Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,470 members, 7,954,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? (1130 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? / What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? / Have You Ever Wondered What The Bible Say About Pandemics And Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by DappaD: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

in essence are u saying govt is unnecessary?

The ruling governments today are controlled by an evil being, Satan the Devil(John 12:31, 14:30, 1John 5:19, Revelation 12:9) and so it isn't approved by God but he has allowed them to continue for a limited time(Romans 13:1-2) to maintain law and order for the meantime until when He sends his Son, Jesus to rid the earth of the wicked governments(Revelation 16:14-16, 17:14) and ensue in a better government, God's Kingdom! (Daniel 2:44, Matthew 6:9,10)
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by joyandfaith: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

so we should just await a Messiah
sorry I am not Jewish
we are waiting God kingdom
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

man has to solve man's problem, at least we know ourselves

That's the greatest form of deceit ever!

Even you as a person need more than a lifetime to study yourself not to talk of studying someone else, that's why man is destroying themselves! smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

I am not an atheist

So what are you? smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by illicit(m): 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Maximus69:

So what are you? smiley
I am human, I don't believe in religion, just God
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by illicit(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
Maximus69:

That's the greatest form of deceit ever!

Even you as a person need more than a lifetime to study yourself not to talk of studying someone else, that's why man is destroying themselves! smiley

if we cant know ourselves how do we know what we can't see

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by achorladey: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

politics is everywhere

There must be leaders or u mean that God prefers anarchy?

And Mr Maximus69 words shows POLITICS exist in the very ORGANIZATION he belongs. In his word's bolded below......

Politics deals with ruling over your fellowman, as in setting standards for others, telling them what is right or wrong and enforcement of the policies you set for them.

Ask him: do the GOVERNING BODY of the organization he belongs set standards for others? Do they tell others what is right and wrong? Do the organization have policies for DEALING with members and equally enforce them?

What he simply forget is as long as their is position(s) to fill, politics is involved. Position to fill does not include only offices. Even filling position of time to hold their meetings requires POLITICS. The organization he belongs comes with numerous positions which are filled using POLITICS.

The way the organization interacts with the world around them too is POLITICS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by achorladey: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

Hitting the nail on the head. Didn't the Bible say they can't say they love God that they cannot see if they do not love fellow human they can see. 1 John 4:20
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by achorladey: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

man has to solve man's problem, at least we know ourselves

At times you wonder how they reason sometimes

Galatians 6:2 Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and in this way you will fulfill the law of the Christ.

If man don't have to solve man's problems, they can at least cut that particular scripture out of the Bible. grin grin grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by achorladey: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

The ruling governments today are controlled by an evil being, Satan the Devil(John 12:31, 14:30, 1John 5:19, Revelation 12:9) and so it isn't approved by God but he has allowed them to continue for a limited time(Romans 13:1-2) to maintain law and order for the meantime until when He sends his Son, Jesus to rid the earth of the wicked governments(Revelation 16:14-16, 17:14) and ensue in a better government, God's Kingdom! (Daniel 2:44, Matthew 6:9,10)

In summary God is using Satan and Satan's minister to Maintain LAW and ORDER for the meantime.

Are the government of today Minister of Satan's minister or God's minister?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

You are a witness right?

Well i'm striving vigorously to work on myself so as to meet up with the requirements of being called one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
That's why Jehovah likened us to his sheep as in one flock, note the nature of the domestic pet known as sheep and compare with the opposite known as goat.
A sheep always feel lonely whenever it's not with it's specie while a goat can go about on it's own, we strongly believe in oneness and togetherness.
In fact that's the quality we are looking for in any of those we PREACH, once you're the type that believe in togetherness we'll teach you how we can benefit ourselves as a family but if you only believe in yourself, we'll walk away peacefully! smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by achorladey: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

Jeremiah 10:23 explains that humans are blind, figuratively speaking, so they can never rule themselves without calamity.
The earlier one is aware of this, the better for him.

As far you remember that men like you and I make up the GB of JWs and they are blind figuratively as well. They can never Govern you and themselves without calamity.

The earlier you are aware of this, the better.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

I am human, I don't believe in religion, just God

If you believe in God but you don't believe in Religion, then in what way do you expect to canvass others into making a solid agreement on the way forward? smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

If we know ourselves then why the killings as in who is killing who? cheesy
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by DappaD: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

I am human, I don't believe in religion , just God

Do you believe that problems can be addressed through individualism or collectivism?

If every individual should say what you said above, then each one would have his own rules he lives by and wouldn't give a damn about the next person. But this will only prolong the issue further because everything we do affects the next person directly or indirectly.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by sonmvayina(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
Maximus69:

If you believe in God but you don't believe in Religion, then in what way do you expect to canvass others into making a solid agreement on the way forward? smiley

Teach people to obey God's laws and customs..

It is the way, the truth and life.. Psalm 119 is a long love poem about God's laws..
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by sonmvayina(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Maximus69:

If we know ourselves then why the killings as in who is killing who? cheesy

Death is not a tragedy in God's eyes, it is part of life.. It is a point in life..
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
sonmvayina:

Death is not a tragedy in God's eyes, it is part of life.. It is a point in life..

It's OK sonmvayina, I've heard you please let's leave it at the other thread, here is another place where i'm in to meet new people.
Thanks! smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by illicit(m): 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

Do you believe that problems can be addressed through individualism or collectivism?

If every individual should say what you said above, then each one would have his own rules he lives by and wouldn't give a damn about the next person. But this will only prolong the issue further because everything we do affects the next person directly or indirectly.

Then why do u want me to live by ur own rules
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Pandemics? by achorladey: 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
DappaD:

Will the INDIVIDUALISM mentality of the organization you belong solve problems? Let's start from there. Has the individualism approach of some countries solve there problems? Give example if you know any country of such.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Messages And Sermons By Apostle Joshua Selman 2020 - Free Fast Download / Agenda 21- The Coming New World Order Vs God’s Agenda / Apostle Arome: How My Brother Died In Kidnappers’ Den After Paying Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.