Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools (34824 Views)

FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 / JAMB Releases Matriculation List. How Undergraduates Can Check Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by Deborah98(f): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
Incase you have somebody that knows somebody that is need of an online lesson teacher pls PM me I will get in touch with you, thanks,no insults please.
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by CodeTemplar: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
In summary, do something productive.
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by NairalandNurse(m): 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
I am interested in learning stuffs online but farm is what i do daily. Only resting on sundays. Everyday farm. I done tire. Reopen schools abeg
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by Eddy90(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
Well said Op
We as Undergraduates have no other option than to do things to make ourselves busy during this period
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by massalati(m): 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

This list is not complete without adding bombing

A real niggarrr will always live life in the fast lane anyday anytime twice on Thursday....
Got police chasing me, smoking weed, making some dope money, drinking bottles, banging some pussy and seeking a little knowledge!

hahaha guy abeg nw i no want laugh again u make me login to comment
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by etrange: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2020
More bloggers? Lawd airpus! cry

Learning how to communicate with people online is key. Nairaland has become extremely toxic in recent years. For many, it's now a game of who has more repository of insults.
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by GreatAchiever1: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
urbanshoppersng:
Very commendable list...

Let me add this below

While you're admonishing undergrads to learn these new skills... I know of a 16 year old girl( in SS 3)who during this period started blogging(her own blog) and also started earning on Fiverr... She has worked and gotten paid like thrice as at last week alone... She did all by herself

I'm only saying this to encourage someone out there.

Dats very good of her but how did she get d I.d used in registering?

1 Like

Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by Geestarry(f): 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
The sixth point is in my signature.
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by SweetestIfy279: 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
Let me Start Now
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by earnit3: 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
Ok
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

This list is not complete without adding bombing

A real niggarrr will always live life in the fast lane anyday anytime twice on Thursday....
Got police chasing me, smoking weed, making some dope money, drinking bottles, banging some pussy and seeking a little knowledge!
and u think living life on the fast lane makes u a real niggarrr??, bombing Facebook and telegram? For unsuspecting people to invest their cash in a fake website and then u dupe them?? Is that what life is all bout huh?? Real nigga.. Man up.. Get a decent job.. Bombing my ass!! Then when u are caught.. U start pleading saying it's the devil's work.. The devil would light up a cigar ND puff smoke in the air laughing at ur silly ass!!! Bomber!!
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by BoboNogoDie: 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
[s]
Kosiso12:
Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await For Safe-Reopening Of Schools

By Wisdom Nwedene

When the Federal Government ordered for immediate shut down of schools in March because of the ravaging Coronavirus, many students were very happy and immediately returned to their various homes, hoping that schools will resume soon.

Many students wanted to relax for a few weeks without knowing that they won't be going back to school after four months and still counting.

Meanwhile, it's crystal clear that many students are tired of staying at home and want to return back to their various campuses.

In this article, I will be examining five productive things which students can do while waiting for the Federal Government to order for immediate reopening of schools and equally resolve with the Academic Staff Union Of Universities, ASUU.

(1) Study Ahead : Students who find it very hard to study for many hours can use this period to study ahead so that when schools resume, they will find it easy to cope with the system.

It's imperative to note that getting a start ahead on your studies will not only help you in keeping up with your curriculum but will also free up some time for you to make some new friends or do some extracurricular activities when school resume.

(2) Learn A New Skill : I have seen many students learning a new skill this period of COVID-19 pandemic. This is commendable. You too, can also acquire a new skill.

It is worthy to note that learning a new skill this period of the ravaging Coronavirus will prepare you for tasks ahead probably after graduation. Learning a new skill will also improve your resume and wider acceptability.

There are many skills which you can acquire or learn online.

* SEO/Google Analytics

* Image and video editing

* Blogging

*Public Speaking

*Tailoring and design

*Digital marketing

Choose the one you have passion for and concentrate.

(3) Farming : Students who have passion for farming can also use this period to engage in farming activities. In this modern time, you can do a lot of farming even when you are at home.

Example, Snail farming in Nigeria provides one of the finest opportunity to make money within a short period of time but many people don't know about this. You can do more research on how to start one.

(4) Guys, Learn How To Cook : Guys, you heard me right, use this period to learn how to cook your favourite food so that all those girls will stop mocking you in hostel that you don't know how to cook. Lol.

It's pertinent to note that learning how to cook will save you from unnecessary expenses, keep you healthy.

(5) Learn How To Communicate With People Online : There are still students that don't know how to establish a good and healthy communication online. Some feel shy while others insult even their elders because they feel that the Internet is just a place to dish out insults to people.

You don't know where your helper will come from. Learn how to relate with people. I don't mean you should be over serious, no. You can still play and catch fun online but know when to stop.

It is pertinent to note that many firms look at your social media accounts before employing you. So be careful.

(Wisdom Nwedene is a journalist, social media strategist. Contact : Nwedenewisdom@gmail.com)

https://igberetvnews.com/1361210/five-productive-things-undergraduates-can-await-safe-reopening-schools/
[/s]
Rubbish post.
Few weeks to reopening and you are just posting this sermon.
funny people
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by TheManofTomorrow(m): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
BoboNogoDie:
[s][/s]
Rubbish post.
Few weeks to reopening and you are just posting this sermon.
funny people

So you can't learn how to communicate with people online even though we might be resuming soon?

Besides, it's not foolproof that we will resume this year, so learning those things if you have the means will only improve you.

Win-win.
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by OmoOAU(m): 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
I love this!
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by PropertyBuying(f): 4:29am On Aug 14, 2020
Obusssenp:
Wow educative
Really educative.
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by TRADELYN: 4:52am On Sep 04, 2020
Deborah98:
Incase you have somebody that knows somebody that is need of an online lesson teacher pls PM me I will get in touch with you, thanks,no insults please.
What subject?
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by Deborah98(f): 4:56am On Sep 04, 2020
TRADELYN:

What subject?
English, biology, agricultural science,civic education for secondary.
Then primary level should be all subjects..
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by TRADELYN: 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
Deborah98:
English, biology, agricultural science,civic education for secondary.
Then primary level should be all subjects..
Sent you a PM. Or contact me.
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by Deborah98(f): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2020
TRADELYN:

Sent you a PM. Or contact me.
okay
Re: Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools by urbanshoppersng: 6:52pm On Nov 17, 2020
Teenagers nowadays have a way around social media...

GreatAchiever1:

Dats very good of her but how did she get d I.d used in registering?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 500L Missing OAU Student Has Been Found (picture) / India Extends Scholarship For Emelife Stella Chinelo Who Broke 100-year Record / 10 Facts About Elephants You Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.