Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 (53614 Views)

FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba / BREAKING: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by MRSAWEDOFF: 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amWt-NuLoFs

The Federal Government has said that schools would remain closed “for now”, The PUNCH reports.

The Presidential Taskforce on COVID-19 made this known during its daily briefing on Monday.

While giving an update on the PTF announcement, the Personal Assistant on New Media to @MBuhari, Bashir Ahmad, tweeted, “For now, all the schools are to remain closed, the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 announces the directive.

“The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 has requested the Aviation Industry to start developing protocols for domestic flights to possibly resume from June 21.

“The interstate travel remains prohibited except for goods and essential travel, the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 announces.”

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/breaking-no-reopening-of-schools-for-now-fg/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Ogufeiboo(f): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
But they can open mosques and churches

162 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by lordmayor2013(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Space for sale

5 Likes

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
This so called Presidential Taskforce is just making it up as they go. They don't have a clue what they are doing.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by ODJ124(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
angry cry angry

when we were in school they use to tell us that education is the key to success.
Now we have graduated and gotten the key we discover that the government has changed the padlock..

238 Likes 22 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by laosy(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Why will you allow worship place to Operate and decide to close schools, FG warn yourself oo. You have successfully turn my 4 yrs into 5yrs. My head sef don dust, nothing dey there, just vibes. My fellow akokites, gather here with your likes for a brief meeting cool cool

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by xcelentattitude(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
f

1 Like

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by HoliMaree: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Bad news for Teachers

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by oluwadabira111(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
angry
Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by clydecarson(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Okay
Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Kylekent59: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
shocked

How long will they continue to study their schemes of work??

My 13 year old nephew is tired already. It's like studying without use. I still advise him to keep up and never give up.

When schools resume, na him go dey answer questions for class grin grin

Hard work pays

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by mrofficial042: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Skull is scam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Danielfx(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
What !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by playapayaski: 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Ee
Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by neoclassical: 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
If crowded Lagos markets like Idumota market , Alaba International market, Trade fair etc can be allowed to operate, I wonder why schools cannot be reopened and be segmented.
I went to Alaba International market last week and from what I saw, the aim of the whole thing has been defeated already. The crowd in the market was so terrific that there was no free flow of human movement, let alone vehicular movement. People were pushing each other and I began to wonder what happened to social distancing. Bank premises were crowded to the fullest.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by hakeem4(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Why won't they open school since they allow mass gathering in churches? how would you control a church like oyedepos' own that has 5 services and 50k people attending each service? You can make simple guidelines for students and teachers to follow

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by IPassYahoo(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
When are we going to go back to our normal lives?

6 Likes

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Shezkid01(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
In this country I don’t understand how these people think

Economic effect of church/mosque in this country?

Open the school.. football viewing centre.. let’s people make money..

Most private school teachers are surviving on God
3 months of no salary

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by smartoliver(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Space bookers FC.. I see una above grin
Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by AngelicDamsel(f): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
I reserve my comment until after this week. This time next week is my best time to comment my take.

I want to see how true this is.
Schools' opening remaining.

I remember the story of tortoise my mother once told me. Ha punished a goat for stealing his yam in the morning and the villagers applauded him. Then in the evening, the same villagers condemn him for punishing the goat for too long.
The same people shouting stay at home are now shouting go out. Covid has over trended.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Scrupulous419(m): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Unscrupulous...... undecided
Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Emitex4u(m): 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Us this news

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Ace16(m): 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Clueless task force.. we know you guys don’t want this to end because of your daily bonuses. Make una flex, office don open for una. Inter state ban when pple are traveling up and down only but for an increased rate.
I don’t want to return as a Nigerian in my next life if there will be one

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Godsonjolly: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
I can see front page hustle above.. grin
Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
ODJ124:
angry cry angry

whenever we were in school they use to tell us that education is the key to success.
Now we have graduated and gotten the key we discover that the government has changed the padlock..

hahahahahaha, true talk.
Tell them o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by CONFAMA: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Why have they prioritized hotels over school. It's like they don't want progress for leaders of tomorrow undecided

14 Likes

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by destinyoduwa: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Una dey craze' audio Corona virus

5 Likes

Re: No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19 by yvelchstores(f): 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Why? Why?? Whyyyyyyy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Cambridge Black Boys’ Photo That Went Viral! Mostly Nigerians / I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct? / Free Neco Result Checking Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.