Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Phil Jones: Twitter Apologises For Mocking Manchester United Defender - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Phil Jones: Twitter Apologises For Mocking Manchester United Defender (381 Views)

Aston Villa Confirm Signing Of Manchester United Defender, Tuanzebe On Loan / Coronavirus: Dele Alli Apologises For Making A Video Mocking Coronavirus / Barcelona Apologize For Mocking Real Betis In A Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phil Jones: Twitter Apologises For Mocking Manchester United Defender by Accurate5(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2020
Twitter has apologised to Manchester United's Phil Jones after a post from its @TwitterUK account appeared to mock the defender.

On Wednesday night the social media platform said it had removed the tweet.

It came after complaints were made about the post which read: "Name a better defender than Phil Jones."

"It was not our intention to cause upset," a Twitter spokesman said. "Once we realised our mistake, we immediately deleted the tweet."

Twitter said it was trying to showcase a new feature that allows users to limit who can comment on posts.

Jones, 28, has not played for United since the season was restarted in June and has not travelled with the squad for the Europa League mini-tournament in Germany.

United play Sevilla in the semi-finals on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53756390

Re: Phil Jones: Twitter Apologises For Mocking Manchester United Defender by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 13, 2020
i don't understand how they mock him there
Re: Phil Jones: Twitter Apologises For Mocking Manchester United Defender by babyfaceafrica: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2020
zangaozanga:
i don't understand how they mock him there
you can't understand.. Only English students will

2 Likes

Re: Phil Jones: Twitter Apologises For Mocking Manchester United Defender by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 13, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
you can't understand.. Only English students will
they only ask people to name a better defender that jones,i don't see the mocking there
Re: Phil Jones: Twitter Apologises For Mocking Manchester United Defender by babyfaceafrica: 10:13am On Aug 13, 2020
zangaozanga:
they only ask people to name a better defender that jones,i don't see the mocking there
lmao.. You see why I said you can't understand. You are looking at it literally. Semantically they are saying no defender can be worse than jones

1 Like

Re: Phil Jones: Twitter Apologises For Mocking Manchester United Defender by paulolee(m): 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
everybody know phil jones is not that good and had a bad time in united but that's wrong coming from tweeter attacking his personality and its nice for them taking down the post because such post can affect his career badly..

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Goalkeeper, Bernd Leno Marries Long-term Girlfriend Sophie Christin In G / The Day After: Barcelona Savaged By Spanish Media / Dates For Premier League Mach Days Is Confirmed. See When Your Team Will Play.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.