Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced (42526 Views)

"Jaypaul Had COVID-19, Couldn't Join BBNaija 2020, Was Replaced With Trickytee" / Bbnaija 2019: Why I Saved And Replaced Myself With Seyi – Omashola / "Its Very Cool Sirdee Was Replaced With Joe For Eviction" - Tacha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by wirinet(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
ethicallyright:

Infact, for Nigeria to succeed someone with your mind or mine should be at the helm of affairs.
People like me in helms of affairs shocked? Never. The Nigerian political and even social space has character traits they throw up, and I don't fit.
I am non religious, non tribalistic, abhor corruption and believe in telling people the bitter truth. Even the Nigerian masses would not accept people like me.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
wirinet:

Are you aware that the organizers of BBN spent close to N2.5Billion to organise the show? Or that the show alone employ over 300 youths directly and hundreds more indirectly?
Then we are not talking about Multichoice itself, which employs tens of thousands both directly and indirectly.
If you drive foreign countries doing legitimate business on Nigeria because of morality, what message are you passing to other foreign investors? Even U.A.E. had to suspend morality in it's main cities to attract foreign investors and tourists, in order to boost it's economy after oil.

You are talking about morals now because we still have free oil money from the Niger Delta. If there was no free money for both the politicians and youths to he fighting over, don't you think Nigerians will be begging foreigners to come to Nigeria and invest billions, so youths can find jobs?

SAUDI ARABIA NOW BEGS BOXING ORGANISERS, THE UFC AND WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT TO HOST SHOWS, MATCHES AND EXHIBITIONS IN THEIR COUNTRY. LAST YEAR , NICKI MINAJ WAS PAID TO PERFORM IN SAUDI ARABIA.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by solaere(m): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
when we knew our vote will never count Nigeria government should give us e-election like bbnija and see wonders...
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by wirinet(m): 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
ethicallyright:

SAUDI ARABIA NOW BEGS BOXING ORGANISERS, THE UFC AND WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT TO HOST SHOWS, MATCHES AND EXHIBITIONS IN THEIR COUNTRY. LAST YEAR , NICKI MINAJ WAS PAID TO PERFORM IN SAUDI ARABIA.
Imagine Nicki Minaj in the holy land of Mohammed. Anyway it should not come as a surprise. The House of Saud has seen that the future of oil is bleak and soon free oil money would cease to flow from the desert. So, they are beginning to court foreign investors and tourists.

They still have the tourists goldmine of mecca and medina though.

It's countries that have free money from natural resources that has the luxury of chasing away investors in the name of morality. If a country depends on actual production of goods and services to survive, you think they would care about what women wear or people drinking alcohol?
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by BreconHills(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
ethicallyright:

[b]China and Taiwan [/b]do not represent nations with traditional family values. They are simply communist nations which suppress the media and ensure state priority over that of the smallest unit of the society (family). Incessant and recklessly abortion which is not only encouraged but legalized in China to avoid the Malthusian Theory of population from becoming a reality in the communist republic may represent anything but traditional family values.

The foundation of the contemporary Chinese ideology has antecedence in the manuscripts of Karl Marx , an European. The Government that led the Chinese breakthrough was atheist. Till today the Chinese Communist Party which rules China is officially atheist. Chinese were not atheist 70 years ago. They were basically Buddhists and Confucianist who would have prayed for the cure of COVID-19 than investing in research to win a breakthrough.

The period of Christian supremacy in the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe was characterized by burning of free thinkers on stakes , executions for blasphemy , intertwining of religion with politics and Slavery only after a stronger middle-class which emerged in the vassal States fought the Feudal Lords to put an end to feudalism. Feudalism and monarchy were the norms and traditions of Western European Nations. The industrial revolution of the 19th century which was the inculcation of science and technology into the production process was what differentiated Europe and North America from the rest of the world. The industrial revolution was to usher in Capitalism to suppress feudalism and Democracy in place of absolute monarchy. Until those European Revolutionists threatened the Status quo in the 19th century, the European ideology was the conquest of other tribes , slavery and subjugation which are ideologies that African tribes believe in till today.

Bolded is completely untrue.

China and Taiwan hold to Confucist views in which parental piety is mainstay. The honoring of family history and tradition is the platform on which these two societies have been built. You confuse political ideology with culture. A basic mistake but one which is nevertheless untrue.

You are also wrong to assume that Christianity was not part of the foundational develpment of Western society. The entire legal system is built on Judeo Christian values. The concept of Equity in UK law is entirely Christian. You have cherry picked a short period in which the faith and state conspired to oppress society. This period cannot obscure the contributions of faith to the moral decency and sense of self sacrificial thinking to Western development.

For the UK the title Defender of the faith, in Latin "Fidei Defensor", a title still belonging to the sovereign of England. While in 1604 King James though inadvertently broadened the reach of the Bible by translating it from Latin into common English through the KJV or AV versions. I am sure you have also heard of the influences of Count Zinzendorf in Europe whose efforts kickstarted the Moravian Community and the eventual founding of the United States.

The idea that secularism is responsible for development of western society is untrue as secularism is a 20th century construct. But the real issue remains whether the Ooni was correct to call out bbn and to ask for a program more attuned to African culture. My answer is Yes. BBN is the export of a failing western culture that has become unmoored from its historical roots. Like the Greek, Roman and Persian empires before it, its decline is not due to military defeat but rather the Trojan horse of indulgence, hedonism, and the pursuit of pleasure.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by jollymizzle(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
wirinet:

Are you aware that the organizers of BBN spent close to N2.5Billion to organise the show? Or that the show alone employ over 300 youths directly and hundreds more indirectly?
Then we are not talking about Multichoice itself, which employs tens of thousands both directly and indirectly.
If you drive foreign countries doing legitimate business on Nigeria because of morality, what message are you passing to other foreign investors? Even U.A.E. had to suspend morality in it's main cities to attract foreign investors and tourists, in order to boost it's economy after oil.

You are talking about morals now because we still have free oil money from the Niger Delta. If there was no free money for both the politicians and youths to he fighting over, don't you think Nigerians will be begging foreigners to come to Nigeria and invest billions, so youths can find jobs?
investing 2.5 billion to make 7.5 billion like they did with pepper dem is an idea every investor will jump at. Also remember there was virtually little risk as they knew from the bbafrica experience that Nigerians will watch and vote.all I'm saying is if they want to make money from us they should at least give us something worthwhile expecially when they take huge profits. Tobacco companies pay huge taxes,if this show must stay they should pay huge taxes for the damage they cause.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by princehinnex: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
stanliwise:
who would create the platform?
a
Speaking as a Nigerian
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by fatymore(f): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
Jwonder:

Payment before delivery or pay on delivery

Before delivery ni...

But we can reach a compromise if you are interested
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Futurejoy(f): 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Awol1:
What does the Ooni want us to do really?

Protest? Sowore, with all his international network, protested; what has it yielded?

Rant on twitter? We did that before the 2019 elections and made sure Atiku won all online poll, but that too amounted to nothing.

Take up arms? So they send their aboki soldiers to waste u. Na that time you go know say our army strong.

Instead of blaming the youth for being carefree about the state of the polity, blame the architects of the misfortune will find ourselves in.

Blame Tinubu and his cohorts who ignored every voice of reason and of history to enthrone an ethnic jingoist and a religious bigot who have soft spot for terrorists. He dresses terrorists in new robe and sends them back to the society while their victims die of starvation in IDPs.

Now, Obadiah Mailafia just said Boko Haram planes were flying during the lockdown to distribute money, arms and food, what does the Ooni want us to do about that?

Make them free us abeg!

Meanwhile #Laycon4TheMoney
Thank you dear, you finish work. BBN all the way till we are tired . The earlier people realize BBN is a just like any other show, the lesser the heartache. If a youth decides to watch BBN all day, it’s his/her life. In school both first class students and Pass students watch films, but priorities are different, which is often seen in results so please. This same man that supported Seyi Awolowo last year is talking about scrapping it. Let us respect each other’s decision, I love any reality show, Dr Cathy, Nigeria idol, Judge Judy etc....it helps with understanding people’s character and how to relate with them.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
BreconHills:

Bolded is completely untrue.

China and Taiwan hold to Confucist views in which parental piety is mainstay. The honoring of family history and tradition is the platform on which these two societies have been built. You confuse political ideology with culture. A basic mistake but one which is nevertheless untrue.

You are also wrong to assume that Christianity was not part of the foundational develpment of Western society. The entire legal system is built on Judeo Christian values. The concept of Equity in UK law is entirely Christian. You have cherry picked a short period in which the faith and state conspired to oppress society. This period cannot obscure the contributions of faith to the moral decency and sense of self sacrificial thinking to Western development.

For the UK the title Defender of the faith, in Latin "Fidei Defensor", a title still belonging to the sovereign of England. While in 1604 King James though inadvertently broadened the reach of the Bible by translating it from Latin into common English through the KJV or AV versions. I am sure you have also heard of the influences of Count Zinzendorf in Europe whose efforts kickstarted the Moravian Community and the eventual founding of the United States.

The idea that secularism is responsible for development of western society is untrue as secularism is a 20th century construct. But the real issue remains whether the Ooni was correct to call out bbn and to ask for a program more attuned to African culture. My answer is Yes. BBN is the export of a failing western culture that has become unmoored from its historical roots. Like the Greek, Roman and Persian empires before it, its decline is not due to military defeat but rather the Trojan horse of indulgence, hedonism, and the pursuit of pleasure.

Tell them.

You are the smartest person on this thread.

D rest are what i call educated zombie.

They can read , learn, but never able to interpret history or make meaningful connections on how the world really works.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by einsteine(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
Where did Ooni see that over 170 million people voted for BBN? Silly statistics
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by wirinet(m): 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
jollymizzle:
investing 2.5 billion to make 7.5 billion like they did with pepper dem is an idea every investor will jump at. Also remember there was virtually little risk as they knew from the bbafrica experience that Nigerians will watch and vote.all I'm saying is if they want to make money from us they should at least give us something worthwhile expecially when they take huge profits. Tobacco companies pay huge taxes,if this show must stay they should pay huge taxes for the damage they cause.

You think they don't already pay huge taxes to both the Federal and State governments? No one had ever accused Multichoice, owners of GoTv and DSTV of not paying taxes. You think Lagos State government plays with its taxes? Ask Glo what Lagos State did to its office because of taxes.

DSTV saw that they made more profit from Nigeria than even south Africa. So they decided to concentrate on BBNaija instead of BBAfrica. The first of BBN was held in South Africa. They Ferried the contestants, officials and guests to South Africa. It was a very successful show in which Katung won. The government and Nigerians cried fowl, that it was condescending and a disgrace for Big Bother Nigeria to the held in South Africa. So the next edition was held in Nigeria with Multichoice investing billions of Naira to build and equip a studio in Ilupeju Lagos.

Once again you guys I call "Voltron - Defender of the Moral Universe" is at it again, you want the government to completely ban the show.

So I now ask, what exactly do you guys want;

To move Big brother Naija back to South Africa? Or to move it to somewhere else like Ghana or Cameroon?

Or to Ban DSTV and GoTv from operating in Nigeria altogether?
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by triangulation: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
How do I get this? I stay at Ife
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by oyeb15: 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
Any country that big brothers trend is a backward country.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by triangulation: 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
fatymore:
Team Laycon(I have never watched it)

So make una calm down

4by6: 3500

6by6: 4000
How do I get this?
I stay at Ile Ife.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by fatymore(f): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
triangulation:

How do I get this?
I stay at Ile Ife.

Click on my siggy please
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by feedthenation(m): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
The show is the most useless show ever on tv, add no value to the life of the participants and the viewers
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Amwitty(f): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
Drchristian:
Ooni should stop discussing secular things
Are you wise?
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Billionairestea(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good day to you all. Ooni is very correct.
For instance when you ask a Jobless graduate to come and learn how Money works, insterd of keep searching for a JOB security that doesn't Exist anymore. Their response is always the same. Do you know my qualifications ?what are your worth without money ? This is information age, Let's use our black hairs to struggle and survive, in other to relax with the grey hairs. 08071581524. For business start-up.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Yankee101: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
I was shocked that the government gave it priority on the airwaves

I guess you can bribe your way
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by earnit3: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
true
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by earnit3: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
true...
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Kingspin(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
Drchristian:
You love BBnaija others don't. That's just the way it is.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Desiderius(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
caniva:
With due respect to Ooni and other notable Nigerians with diverse views on BBN airing.

Ooni of Ife and all those clamouring and agitating for the ban of Big Brother Nigeria airing should proffer an alternative reality show to counter it.

Ooni and other notable Nigerians should sponsor televising such counter-BBN show and make sure they reward the participants with millions of naira that matches that of BBN if not far and above.

Please I come in peace and will appreciate any sensible criticism whatsoever.

Read what he said again
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by NaijaDonCast(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
You are a real nigga
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Am beginning to feel the ooni is a real niggarrr

I Keep on saying it bbnaija is for pussy asss niggarrr

Real niggarrrz don't veg out in front of the TV watching bbnaija
Real niggarrrz make some dope money, smoke enough weed, drink enough bottles, bang some pussy and seek for little knowledge anyday anytime twice on Saturday
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by dragunov: 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
wirinet:

Who told you it does not contribute positively to mitigate the problems the Nigerian youth finds himself facing? Do you know how many youths have been employed or made money through BBN?

Out of only God knows how many millions of directionless youths BBN have helped how many? What positivity do they bring? They lump all manner of people into one place, lmake them fight and sleep with themselves and you call that help ?
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by wirinet(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
dragunov:

Out of only God knows how many millions of directionless youths BBN have helped how many? What positivity do they bring? They lump all manner of people into one place, lmake them fight and sleep with themselves and you call that help ?
It's entertainment. Many people find it entertaining. It's like any other film or series, eg, telemundo, prison break, James Bond, etc, there are fights, drama and love scenes. If a show like BBN can render many Nigerian millions of youths directionless, then Series such as Game of Thrones, 24, prison break will render many more directionless.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by Hilbertrudolf(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
fatymore:
Team Laycon(I have never watched it)

So make una calm down

4by6: 3500

6by6: 4000

Lovely I will like to get one ? Where is your location
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by lastchild: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
Everything mustn't be useful in life, there's time for everything (ecclesiasteses 3:1-cool there's a time to be serious and a time to be unserious,a time for wisdom and a time for foolishness, a time for govt and a time for bbn
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by ajl: 9:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Drchristian:

You are good example of a lazy and hopeless youth. Your Nigeria is waiting for you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by gaskiyamagana: 9:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
Drchristian:
In other, he should be silence and watching you and your types turning Nigeria to animals Kingdom where shamelessness is order of the day in love making affairs?
Re: Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Wants BBNaija Scrapped And Replaced by empressteemah06(f): 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
Hilbertrudolf:

Lovely I will like to get one ? Where is your location

Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Crowd At The Bbnaija Auditions Is Proof Of Our Flawed Value System / Nkem Owoh And Mr Latin To Star In New Movie (Photo) / Jagaban Ft. Selina Tested Episode 4 (Mp4 Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.