Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People (19782 Views)

It Will Be Difficult To Stay — Lichtsteiner Set To Leave Arsenal In Summer / Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria / Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by ogbiwa: 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil says he will stay with the club "through to the last day" of his contract in June 2021.

The former Germany international, 31, has not played since the Premier League resumed in June, with manager Mikel Arteta citing "pure football reasons".

But Ozil dismissed reports the club were looking to pay up the last year of his £350,000-a-week deal.

"Things have been difficult but I love Arsenal," he told the Athletic. "I'll decide when I go, not other people."

"I'll give everything I have for this club," Ozil added. "Situations like these will never break me, they only make me stronger. I showed in the past that I can come back into the team and I will show it again."

Ozil, who joined Arsenal in a £42.4m move from Real Madrid in 2013, fell out of favour under previous manager Unai Emery before returning to the side under interim boss Freddie Ljungberg.

After Arteta's appointment in December, Ozil started all 10 of Arsenal's Premier League games immediately before the coronavirus pandemic forced a three-month suspension of the Premier League in March, but has not featured in their past 13 matches in all competitions.

Despite Arteta and his first-team players accepting a 12.5% pay cut in April, Arsenal announced they plan to make 55 staff redundant because of the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

Ozil opted against a pay cut because the players were "rushed" and believes "possibly the decision affected my chances on the pitch".

While he respects Arteta's decision to leave him out, Ozil believes he should have been given a chance to show what he can do on the pitch, saying: "You don't play 10 games in a row if you're unfit, not good enough or don't behave well."

He added that he was "not the only player who rejected the cut in the end, but only my name came out".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53763257

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by internationalman(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
I work for you.
You told me to stop coming to work
But still pays me my wages completely every week

Win win for me and lose lose for you...

Ozil smiling doing light training while the others are killing themselves with heavy training preparing for the next match.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Arthurity1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
I LOVE THIS GUY!!!

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by GOFRONT(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by drips8(m): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2020
I'm really happy that Man Utd got rid of his brother Sanchez.

Benefit boys.

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by theoneJabulani(m): 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
The Mesut Ozil I know last played for Real Madrid not this walking dead that was sold to Arsenal, he was an assist king.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops. Free delivery available in Lagos, payment on delivery available nationwide

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Artiiclebeast: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Idiotic lazy motherfuckerr.

The person wey sanction this idiot current contract deserve a bullet to the head.

Useless player wey dey make game be like burial ceremony.

17 Likes

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by buyhairs: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
enjoy your stay
Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by ForeThinker: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.

7 Likes

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by paulolee(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
killing and ending ur career all because of moni, the case of
ozil, james Rodriguez and Gareth bale shows the bad effect of
huge wages in football..
pls ozil, for the sake of ur fans that still want to see you play,
just forget about the huge wages in arsenal, accept a paycut and move out on a loan to a team that you will get more
playing time than sitting a whole year without playing
football is not jus abt making money but also building a
legacy for football to remember when you are done..
if Sanchez accepted a pay cut to join inter on loan b4 they signe him, coutinho plans doing d same to join arsenal or any available epl team, you too can do same and join other available club in Europe because when you get game times, ur value n form increases than sitting all year without playing in arsenal.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by gambia(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
See trouble, is it by force? Please your services is no longer needed at Arsenal FC. Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
Moral of the story : Your Destiny is in your hands!

Ozil has paid his dues, applaud him biko!

Meanwhile.........

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Arrewa: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
Arsenal owner,Manager and some fans trying to push Mesut Ozil away from the club grin

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by ImpregnaTor(m): 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
this is one of the pussy ass niggars, we real niggers have always been talking about..

Ozil is a is weak simpiing, pussy ass niggar!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by slimanyd: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nah there cup of Tea , Who else wanna join me on Chymall .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmljszu0SxQ

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Justinlean02(m): 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
Mesut Ozil should feel free to question himself and stop blaming everyone but himself. He's losing it with too much middling in Muslim politics and he's career which to him as seen the best days shouldn't be allowed to end in such degrading fashion. As Gunner I've always wished he stayed but his commitment level is quiet disheartening and obvious. Imagine wasting such funds on some lazy ass assist king/ maestro grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by paulolee(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
internationalman:
I work for you.
You told me to stop coming to work
But still pays me my wages completely every week

Win win for me and lose lose for you...

Ozil smiling doing light training while the others are killing themselves with heavy training preparing for the next match.
cnt believe u ar sayin this...but am not surprised because it seems u are an African man..
alex song about his barca deal said "when barca agents called him to join barca, he didnt believe it and thought it was a joke but as he saw the huge wage barca offered him, he hurriedly agreed to join barca knowing that barca had busquets and it would be hard for him to get game time bt he went ahead and signed because the money was too big to turn down, that he bought alot of cars and partied with the excess money and he didnt regret joining barca that he was a success at barca despite not playing"...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by NairalandNurse(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
J
Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by MissNatalia(f): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by AuthorityStyle: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
Ok

Free delivery within Lagos - 09068394441

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Kingpele(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
angry who will pay u the kind of money Arsenal is paying you..nobody can expect you to stay away from your paycheck... Unless ofcourse you are sacked. If I were in your shoes I will do my best to prove the management that they are not wasting their money on me....

2 Likes

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by michlins(m): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
Arsenal board are yet to take a pay cut even though they earn more than the playing staff. Ozil if they don't pay you,sit back and enjoy your free money.

The British media just hates this guy

8 Likes

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
Now I assist my team in every game like ozil...
Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Ent3rpreneur(m): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
I'm seeing a lot of Ozil slander and hate here.
Well, let me refresh your memories, amigos..

He once racked up 17 assists before January but tailed off after the Christmas period.
It's sad that football of nowadays does not need traditional number 10s anymore.

Look at James, Coutinho, Ozil....

2 Likes

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Zyxzzzz: 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
Looolz
Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Temptee101(m): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
shocked

Can't believe this dull dude is still at Arsenal?

Very weak player.

2 Likes

Re: Ozil: I Will Decide When I Want To Leave Arsenal, Not Other People by Realadey(m): 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
Arsenal Don buy market oooooo grin
Yahoo player or benefit boy!

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Admits He Made A "Stupid Mistake" After Conceding Penalty To Arsenal / Mbappe Turns Down Al Hilal Approach / Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.