Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor (532 Views)

Severance Packages Of Retired CBN Deputy Governors Will Surprise Nigerians / Obadiah Mailafia Is Dead: Former CBN Deputy Governor Dies In Abuja / Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by madamgrace: 1:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
I’m Ready To Lay Down My Life Like Mandela, Says Mailafia After Release From DSS Custody.

Dr. Obadiah Mailafia, former deputy governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), says he is ready to lay down his life for his country like Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa.

Mandela, the anti-apartheid revolutionary leader, was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1962; he served 27 years in prison.

Mailafia was invited by the Department of State Services (DSS) over a claim he made that a governor from the north is the leader of Boko Haram — he made the claim while being interviewed on an Abuja-based radio station on Monday.

He reported to the Jos office of the DSS at about at about 12:48 pm, accompanied by his lawyers, Pius Akubo, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), and Yakubu Bawa.

Hundreds of his supporters also stormed the office of the DSS at Kuba road, carrying placards and they didn’t leave till he was released at about 6:30 pm.

Addressing his supporters, Mailafia said he stood by what he said during the radio programme.

He maintained that he was treated professionally by the DSS, adding that a section of the interview was lifted, leaving out the context in which he made the statement.

“We had a lively and intense interview over a radio interview I granted. That interview which was meant for an FM radio station, some just picked the clip — a small section of the 55 minutes broadcast — and put it on social media and it went very very far all over the country, raising a lot of concerns,” he said.

“What I want to say is that, yes, all of those words were made by me. You know if the whole of the 55 minutes was played out, the context of what I said in a small clip that went viral would have become clearer.

“This is not the time to disown what I said. Yes, I was privy to some very sensitive information which all statesmen are entitled to have by virtue of our public roles.

“I know that I should have taken more care to corroborate some of the information I received, but perhaps some of it was uncorroborated. I was in no position to follow them to the camp to corroborate what was going on.

“But I am not a sensationalist, I am an economist and a central banker; by nature we are not given to sensation. Let me make it clear: I am a humanist; I am a man of peace. Even my name, Mailafia, means a man of peace.

“From the bottom of my heart, I love our country dearly and I abhor all the killings and violence which the innocent people of this country have been subjected to. I pray that Nigeria will never experience another civil war.

“The most elementary duty of government is to protect its citizens. When a government fails to protect its citizens, to protect little children, that is a serious matter. Any innocent boy or girl that is killed is my own child.

“I love Nigeria. Like Mandela, let me say if need be, I am prepared to give my life for Nigeria.”

Mailafia thanked officials of the security agency for their conduct, and prayed for peace in the country.

“One of the greatest compatriots of this country, General Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma, observes that no country can survive two civil wars. One civil war is bad enough. I also pray that the killings will stop in Zamfara, in Daura, in Katsina, in Birnin Gwari, in my beloved southern Kaduna, in the whole of the middle belt, in Borno, Adamawa and other places,” he said.

“Let us join hands together to build a new country. Let us work together to save our country and I pray that all of us will do our part to maintain the peace and make sure that our country makes progress.

“I want to thank the officials of the state department. They have done a tremendous job. They treated me professionally. I have not been rough handled and they have been very very fair and gracious to me.”

https://www.inform.ng/post/i-am-ready-to-die-for-nigeria-says-ex-cbn-deputy-governor
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by IKBARUTEN11(m): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dear Mailafia,

U r a true compatriot
A scarce type that is needed during this quagmiric era in a shattering entiy wtout sovereignity. I am sorry sincere ppl like u and i r so unfortunate 2 be Nigerians

If it were 2 b a sane environs, d govt will provide every assistance 2 authenticate your opinion; bt rada they will go against u bcs they knw they r behind all d insurgences 4 their selfish gain

Carry on fearless hero. Very soon ur heroic actions will awake d larger populace 2 their senses.

Carry on posterity will neva 4get u in ahurry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by Goldp5988(f): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
“Let us join hands together to build a new country. Let us work together to save our country and I pray that all of us will do our part to maintain the peace and make sure that our country makes progress.
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nijeriya is finished!
Pray all you like, preach peace and progress morning till night, everyday.

IT WILL CHANGE NOTHING!

We can NEVER accept sharia adherents & blood thirsty terrorists as fellow citizens. That's why the zoo MUST fall.

It's final collapse is imminent, wait for it...

Goldp5988:

Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by BlowYourMind: 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
haaaaa politicians will waste this man
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by meccuno: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
[s]
Goldp5988:

[/s]
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
And you die for nothing
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by Karlifate: 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
Good.

The elites are beginning to stand up one by one.

Even an old Northern politician like Balarabe Musa, that should have supported this administration has cautioned them.
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by donbachi(m): 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
And may all ur enemies and those condemning ur action...become "maigrave".
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by Racoon(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
Salute your stand sir.
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by nairalandankrah: 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Choose to Die for your people instead..
Its far reasonable to die for them, than to die for Nigeria..all those who died for this country did so in vain..
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by DaddyRochie1642: 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
That man cannot give his life for Nigeria, why is he Lying grin grin
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by orisa37: 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
YOU WILL NOT DIE AND SATANIC CHARACTERS WILL PERISH BEFORE YOU IJN AMEN AMEN AMEN.
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by Marine54(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
Abouwaza:
And you die for nothing
And go to hell !
Re: I Am Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Ex CBN Deputy Governor by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
This man still haven't understood the problem ...

He thinks we have a country ...he still thinks Nigeria can be one

He still think fulanis would allow them live in peace n respect boundaries

Lol u never wake up

(1) (Reply)

Why We’re Helping Nigeria Rehabilitate Repentant Terrorists –US / How Governors’ Forum Split Threatens Northern Unity, Security / Why I Can’t Spend A Night In My Home Town – Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.