Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Three Tips To Keep Kids Occupied And Entertained During Self-isolation - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Three Tips To Keep Kids Occupied And Entertained During Self-isolation (227 Views)

Transparent Glass Public Toilet That Becomes Opaque When Occupied In Tokyo(Pics) / A List Of Five Things To Do During Self-isolation / Coronavirus patient attempts to escape Lagos isolation centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Tips To Keep Kids Occupied And Entertained During Self-isolation by phonekiosk: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
In contrast to other periods when children are home for long periods – like summer holidays or winter vacations – there aren’t any programs and activities outside the home they could partake in to stay busy during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Throw into the mix the uncertainty as to when life will return to the old normal once again, and it can be challenging for kids to stay put like adults. That is why it’s the primary responsibility of parents to devise activities using which they can keep their little ones occupied and entertained at home.
These activities should be such that they shouldn’t seem like forced upon them to the children. They should be fun and engaging. This realization forced me to consult the internet to search for activities my little ones could joyfully take part in. Scroll down to know what I found.

#1: Reorganize kids’ bedrooms
Set aside a day when the entire family – kids included – are going to re-organize the rooms of the little ones. Take their input beforehand and make sure that it’s given priority. That would give the kids the feeling that their advice is being valued and welcomed.

This activity will keep the kids occupied for better part of the day and give them a story to tell as to how they placed their items in their favorite position. That would mean that they’d have a conversation point for days to come.

#2: Plan a family movie night
Once your little ones have helped you in organizing their room, you could treat them with a family movie night. You don’t need to have a home theater to host it. All you need is a subscription to a streaming service, a lot of pillows, your children’s favorite snacks and their favorite movie.

Make sure that the movie you’re choosing pleases all of you and not just the kids. Otherwise, if you leave the movie midway through, the children won’t be able to enjoy it as best as they could. Provided you want to take the joy one step ahead, you could cook the favorite meal of your children.

#3: Do indoor camping
One of the things that all kids love is camping. The thought of leaving their bedrooms and living in a dome-shaped structure fills them with joy. The reason I can say that with confidence is because I have seen the eyes of kids open wide with elation on the mere mention of camping out.

For this reason, organize an indoor camping party. Tell everyone that no gadgets will be allowed inside the camp. That way, the time all of you would spend inside the indoor camp will be spent talking to each other.

You could use the time to educate them about the custom vending machine in your area. You can also ask them to name the sample vending machine me if your kids are extremely young. Anything that will keep the conversation going will do.

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa:NTA Mubi Soon To Be Commissioned, DG Praises Lawmaker Efforts / What David Ibiyeomie Did Was Right. / Bbnaija: Housemates Who Were Disqualified From Reality Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.