Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Trinity And The Unity Of The Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity And The Unity Of The Church (1282 Views)

The TRINITY And The TRINITARIAN. / The Trinity And Identity Of God / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2020
haddeylium:

You have a contrary opinion about what the scripture says about last days?
Haddey my beloved, look at what Prophet Joel and Apostle Peter Said concerning the Last Days...
Act 2:17
"It shall come to pass in the last days, I will Pour out my spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"
Thus saith the LORD.
JW have contradicted God's promise here by claiming that the marvellous signs and all died along with the first/early Christians.
No, no, no! No matter how any JW member try to twist it, they are inconsistent with the word of God here.
As long as the LAST DAYS is on, Christians are meant to prophesy, dream dreams, see vision and all...
Do you know why you've not captured this in your Christian experience? I do. It's because you belong to a sect that does not believe in such, and thus, you never enjoyed that Supernatural dimension of God.
PS: This is not to ridicule you or anyone that belongs to JW. It's just a way of pointing out the kind of unfulfillments that is inevitable if everyone continues to pledge allegiance to a sect.

1 Like

Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2020
My Lord tore down the temple at Jerusalem and raised a new and perfect one. Peter, Paul, Apollos and many were very violent against people claiming they belong to so so so and so. Sadly, some people with good intention derailed and changed the system when they started building fancy halls and calling it the "house of God"... No sir, My God's house is not some wooden blocks and some wood building headed and controlled by a mere man. Let everyone be reconciled to the kingdom and let Christ be King.

1 Like

Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Janosky: 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Haddey my beloved, look at what Prophet Joel and Apostle Peter Said concerning the Last Days...
"It shall come to pass in the last days, I will Pour out my spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"
Thus saith the LORD.
JW have contradicted God's promise here by claiming that the marvellous signs and all died along with the first/early Christians.
No, no, no! No matter how any JW member try to twist it, they are inconsistent with the word of God here.
As long as the LAST DAYS is on, Christians are meant to prophesy, dream dreams, see vision and all...
Do you know why you've not captured this in your Christian experience? I do. It's because you belong to a sect that does not believe in such, and thus, you never enjoyed that Supernatural dimension of God.
PS: This is not to ridicule you or anyone that belongs to JW. It's just a way of pointing out the kind of unfulfillments that is inevitable if everyone continues to pledge allegiance to a sect.

JWs did not contradict anything, my dear.
We don't give any other prophesy beyond the ones spelt out in the Bible, for instance, Matthew 24:3-39.

All of una pastorpreneurs and gods of men dey fulfill Joel 2:32 (Acts2:17), yet none of them see visions or prophecies of covid19 wey expose "Church virus"!

grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
Janosky:

All of una pastorpreneurs and gods of men dey fulfill Joel 2:32 (Acts2:17), yet none of them see covid19 wey expose "Church virus"!

grin grin grin grin grin
Why will they see it? Sect A is busy talking about tithes and paid not attention. Sect B is busy expanding and building bigger buildings and paid not attention. Sect C is busy claiming they are the one true way and paid no attention. Until we take denominations away, we will not radiate that light Christ so desires us to.
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by DappaD: 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Thus saith the LORD.

I noticed you’re acting like a cunning snake.
Talmabout ‘This is not to ridicule you or anyone that belongs to JW’
Then go on right out to label the organization he belongs to a ‘sect’
I just see that as a derogatory statement.
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2020
DappaD:

I noticed you’re acting like a cunning snake.
Talmabout ‘This is not to ridicule you or anyone that belongs to JW’
Then go on right out to label the organization he belongs to a ‘sect’
I just see that as a derogatory statement.
I'm very sorry sir.
My intention was perfectly pure though.
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by DappaD: 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Why will they see it? Sect A is busy talking about tithes and paid not attention. Sect B is busy expanding and building bigger buildings and paid not attention. Sect C is busy claiming they are the one true way and paid no attention. Until we take denominations away, we will not radiate that light Christ so desires us to.

Actually his statement was directed at you cheesy

This is your own statement

Blabbermouth : It's because you belong to a sect that does not believe in such, and thus, you never enjoyed that Supernatural dimension of God.

I take it from the italicized that you’ve experienced or enjoyed such? And how do we know you’re lying or telling the truth without evidence?
In addition to Janosky’s comment–how many of you claiming to have miraculous gifts of healing have been able to cure COVID-19? Or are Jehovah’s Witnesses right again according to 1Corinthians 13:8?
Are JW’s on the right track when they discern from the Scriptures that ‘pestilences’ and ‘deadly plague’ would be abound in this fading-out system of things?–Luke 21:11,Revelation 6:8
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Janosky: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Thus saith the LORD.

Blabbermouth:

Bros, according to your claim, JWs are "inconsistent with the word of God","pledge allegiance to a sect" , your pastorpreneurs and gods of men & Blabbermouth himself, enjoying "that Supernatural Dimension of God", why you, yourself no see the visions and prophecies of covid19?
Do you now agree that all the JW "faults" you criticised are more than Amplified in you and your pastorpreneurs?

JWs don't claim to see visions and make yearly prophecies , but take it to heart that the Bible's prophecies of "pestilences in one place after another "will come to pass (Luke 21:11).

But, Pastorpreneurs and all gods of men, plus Blabbermouth do "crossover service" and prophecied "prosperous 2020 better than 2019 and abundance for the sheeples, which never came to pass.

Between Blabbermouth/Pastorpreneurs and JWs, who proved to be more consistent in sticking to God's word , the Bible?
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by haddeylium(m): 12:52am On Aug 23, 2020
[quote author=Blabbermouth post=93101557]
my beloved, look at what Prophet Joel and Apostle Peter Said concerning the Last Days...

Blabbermouth
Maybe you have a good intention as you claimed
But, it's sad you run into conclusion based on want you know... And I wouldn't blame you.
Someone quoted on this forum that "The much you know, the more see''

Would you mind looking at this matter from another standpoint?
What does the Bible teach about the last days that Joel prophesy?
-Jehovah told the prophet Joel of a time when people of every sort would prophesy(Joel 2:28-32)
-and truly it came to past. Itwas on the day of Pentecost in the year 33 C.E. that some 120 disciples of Jesus Christ received the holy spirit and began speaking in various tongues “about the magnificent things of God.” (Ac 2:1-18)
-people that heard them speaking in their tougnes(languages) were astonished and perplexed. And some claimed that maybe they're drunk.
-At that time Peter explained that(theyre not drunk oo)that this was in fulfillment of Joel’s prophecy, saying: “‘And in the last days,’ God says, ‘I shall pour out some of my spirit upon .every sort of flesh...(Act 2: 16-20)
The last days they Joel was prophesying was The last days of Jewish system of things
Yeah, it has two fulfilment but,like I said, you have to follow the right channels to understand these

Thus saith the LORD.
JW didn't write the Bible nahh grin
For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with.” (1 Corinthians (13:9, 10)
Paul shows that the miraculous gifts, including that of inspired prophesying, were due to be done away with and would fail when that which is complete arrives!

has it arrived? Obviously, after the death of the apostles and to those that the miraculous gift were passed down too. the Bible canon was complete.

Between, it's so sad that your measure of a true religion is giving miraculous sign when the Bible outrightly says otherwise

Matt. 24:24: “False Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs [“miracles,”]and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones
Jesus said he will confess to them that he knows them(Matt. 7:15-23)

Are true Christians today identified by the ability to do miraculous healing?
Check what Jesus said

John 13:35: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (This is what Jesus said. If we really believe him, we look for love, not miraculous healing, as evidence of true Christianity.)

Acts 1:8: “You will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon you, and you will be witnesses of me . . . to the most distant part of the earth.”(Jesus told them that this, not healing, was the vital work they were to do. Compare with Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20.)

If you know of any group apart from JW that has these attributes that Jesus mentioned.please, quote this and mentioned it. I would love to worship with them. If you don't , I would understand too

yunno, it makes me happy most times how people guessed the religious group I belong to with just my conduct and teaching (it wouldn't be overstatement to say Jw are unique)
I'm jealous, I can't do that when it comes to yours, despite how contradictory you guys doctrines are. You reach a compromise when it comes to a Jw. And that's commendable. Lol.
It's fine oo

What prophesy would be more than what's written in the Bible. Jw have been revealing that for centuries
Telling people about the glorious kingdom to come
Giving hope for real healing from all sickness?
(Rev. 21:1-4)
Don't sleep on it oo
BTW, You can stream tommorow convention on Jw.org(ALWAYS REJOICE)
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 11:41am On Aug 23, 2020
haddeylium:

Your brothers were using the corona stuff as a proof. Smiles... That was so, so, so, so, funny!
What do you think? That some believers didn't see what was coming in part? If we were united, a little here and a little there, all stitched together would have made a difference.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"Paul said"... Seriously?! Is this Paul's words against God's words? Smh....
I knew that you won't be childish enough to see things from the truth perspective, and we both know what's responsible.
Blabbermouth: Are we in the last days?
Haddeylium: Yes! Even the bible claimed so
God: In the LAST DAYS, I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh and they shall prophesy, dream dreams and see vision.
Paul: Prophecy shall cease ONE DAY (He never said in the last days)..
JW: Prophecy, Dreams, Visions and all has ceased even if God said they will be rampant in the last days.
That's the truth, a two-edged sharp sword that cuts through every message, doctrine and belief. Spliiting lies from truth and darkness from Light.
Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by haddeylium(m): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Your brothers were using the corona stuff as a proof. Smiles... That was so, so, so, so, funny!
What do you think? That some believers didn't see what was coming in part? If we were united, a little here and a little there, all stitched together would have made a difference.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"Paul said"... Seriously?! Is this Paul's words against God's words? Smh....
I knew that you won't be childish enough to see things from the truth perspective, and we both know what's responsible.
Blabbermouth: Are we in the last days?
Haddeylium: Yes! Even the bible claimed so
God: In the LAST DAYS, I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh and they shall prophesy, dream dreams and see vision.
Paul: Prophecy shall cease ONE DAY (He never said in the last days)..
JW: Prophecy, Dreams, Visions and all has ceased even if God said they will be rampant in the last days.
That's the truth, a two-edged sharp sword that cuts through every message, doctrine and belief. Spliiting lies from truth and darkness from Light.
Shalom!

Omggg cheesy grin
You should have tried posting this in the Joke section and see how comedian it makes you look

I showed you where peter said that Joel prophesy about miraculous gift came to fulfilment in the 33C.E as the last days of Jewish system of things
You insinuating that I believed Peter's words against God's?... Really?
Who inspired both?....you see how funny you sound

Paul said Miraculous gift would be done away with when the Bible comes to completion...I showed you that too...we have the Bible Canon in whole now and the miraculous gift from God has been done away with...since God cannot lie(Titus1:2)
All what you're seeing out there is magic, if it really exist.

These Brothers are telling you that since some still claim to have the miraculous gift, why are they hesitating to visit the isolation centre?
Don't tell me it has limitations when it comes to COVID? grin

Is this question that difficult or such group doesn't exist?
I said mention that group (apart from JW) that meet the requirements that Jesus himself say would identity his true followers.
We have about 41000 denomination, so I'll wait
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Emusan(m): 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:
It's a bitter truth to some but at the end of the day, it is what it is - Trinity is unbiblical.
The only issue I have with JW's stand in the Trinity or No Trinity doctrine is them falsely equating Jesus with Angel Michael.
That's outrageously false!!!

If Trinity is umbilical!

1. How come there are THREE persons identified in the scripture to be ETERNAL?

2. Is God not ETERNAL?
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by DappaD: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
All their Daddy G.O’s know how to best is to evade laws established by the government–further exposing these ones to be false Christians since they can’t follow simple Bible principles! (Matthew 22:21, Romans 13:1, Titus 3:1)
Now how can any right thinking person still be attending such churches knowing that COVID-19 exposed ALL of them to be fraudsters?
Til now, Blabbermouth hasn’t been able to provide any reasonable rebuttal. He’ll soon rope himself in the reality.
grin

haddeylium:

Omggg cheesy grin
You should have tried posting this in the Joke section and see how comedian it makes you look

I showed you where peter said that Joel prophesy about miraculous gift came to fulfilment in the 33C.E as the last days of Jewish system of things

Paul said Miraculous gift would be done away with when the Bible comes to completion...I showed you that too...we have the Bible Canon in whole now and the miraculous gift from God has been done away with...since God cannot lie(Titus1:2)

These Brothers are telling you that since some still claim to have the miraculous gift, why are they hesitating to visit the isolation centre?

I said mention that group (apart from JW) that meet the requirements that Jesus himself say would identity his true followers.
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Blabbermouth:
It's a bitter truth to some but at the end of the day, it is what it is - Trinity is unbiblical.
The only issue I have with JW's stand in the Trinity or No Trinity doctrine is them falsely equating Jesus with Angel Michael.
That's outrageously false!!!

No problem go and find a better performing group where Jesus is neither a part of the Trinity nor angel Michael! cheesy
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by haddeylium(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2020
DappaD:
All their Daddy G.O’s know how to best is to evade laws established by the government–further exposing these ones to be false Christians since they can’t follow simple Bible principles! (Matthew 22:21, Romans 13:1, Titus 3:1)
Now how can any right thinking person still be attending such churches knowing that COVID-19 exposed ALL of them to be fraudsters?
Til now, Blabbermouth hasn’t been able to provide any reasonable rebuttal. He’ll soon rope himself in the reality.
grin

I tayad oo grin
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
Emusan:

If Trinity is umbilical!

1. How come there are THREE persons identified in the scripture to be ETERNAL?

2. Is God not ETERNAL?
Bible verse please!
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
haddeylium:

Omggg cheesy grin
No problem.

You accused csonice of forcing interpretations into scriptures, you just commited the same crime yourself. Give me the bible verse of this your outrageous claim!

God does not speak from different sides of the mouth. I'm showing you that Paul's word was consistent with God's. Unfortunately, you (I mean, the witness) are trying to use his words to negate God's promise of the last days.

Paul will never bastardly negate God's promise. He said they would be done away with one day, and in trying to make up for some shortcomings, the witness said plugged a date into the scripture for him.

What is covid19? I'm a living testimony of God's healing ability through Christian vessels. You speak of what you know not.

A boy that hasn't eaten another woman's food will say his mom is the best Cook. Come to gatherings in my place and see the Word of Knowledge rampantly at work

Did I not tell you that I hate the "denominations" idea? So, don't ask me to mention any group as though I myself belong to a denomination. If you want to pride in your denomination, go ahead! But like I said, denominations limit the fullness of the work of Christ in a believer.
When it comes to "LOVE", I don't think any denomination does better than the JW.
When it comes to "PRAYER", I don't think any denomination does better than MFM.
When it comes to "FAITH", I don't think any denomination does better than .....
When it comes to " POWER", go see CFAN, some Redeem Sub-factions, CAC and the likes. Right now though, there is the need for a charismatic revival.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Unless you pledge your allegiance to Christ as King and not some sect or denomination, you will never key into that promise God declared about the last days.
Peace!
We will talk about your angel Michael in another thread.
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Emusan(m): 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Bible verse please!

About the Father - KJV: The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them. Deu 33:27

KJV:  Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen 1 Tim 1:17

About the Son - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us) 1 John 1:1-2 KJV

About the Holy Spirit - How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? Hebrews 9:14

You can see how scripture said THE THREE PERSONS are ETERNAL.

Now back to my questions, is God eternal?

If Trinity wasn't Biblical, how can you explain THREE DIFFERENT PERSONS said to be ETERNAL?
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
Emusan:

About the Father - KJV: The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them. Deu 33:27

KJV:  Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen 1 Tim 1:17
100%

About the Son - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (for the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us) 1 John 1:1-2 KJV
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word"... Is the WORD a Person?

About the Holy Spirit - How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? Hebrews 9:14
I concur.

You can see how scripture said THE THREE PERSONS are ETERNAL.
Is your word a person? So far, I see an Eternal Spirit and an Eternal God. As for me, I see God as " Higher than a Person"...
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Emusan(m): 10:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
Blabbermouth:
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word"... Is the WORD a Person?

I quoted 1 John 1:1-2 for you where Jesus Christ was said to be ETERNAL

but you jumped to ask me another question.

Deal with 1 John first.

Is your word a person? So far, I see an Eternal Spirit and an Eternal God. As for me, I see God as " Higher than a Person"...

The Son said to be ETERNAL in that verse.

Deal with that first before we move to another!

1 Like

Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Blabbermouth: 12:10am On Aug 25, 2020
Emusan:

I quoted 1 John 1:1-2 for you where Jesus Christ was said to be ETERNAL

but you jumped to ask me another question.

Deal with 1 John first.

The Son said to be ETERNAL in that verse.

Deal with that first before we move to another!
I'm not disputing the eternity... I'm saying eternal in what state? As a person?
Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 25, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I'm not disputing the eternity... I'm saying eternal in what state? As a person?

Jehovah is a God who is faithful and true {Exodus 34:6} he created everything {Hebrew 3:4} but whenever any of his beloved creature proved loyal and faithful before him, Jehovah will declare such a creature "eternal" not because such a creature has eternity in itself but because Jehovah will be happy to have such a creature always rejoicing before him, it gives him the pleasure he desires in his works {Job 14:13-15} do you notice what Job said in that cited verse? "God will long for the works of his hand" so when Cain killed Abel God said "Abel's blood is crying to (him) from the ground" {Genesis 4:10} meaning "You have killed your brother Abel, but before me Abel is still talking" HOW? Because to Jehovah all his loyal servants are always alive in his eyes, he will resurrected them back to life when there is nothing that can hurt them again! Luke 20:38

If Jehovah could speak of imperfect descendants of Adam like that, how precious do you think his only begotten Son who have been faithful and loyal to him {Revelations 1:5} right from the beginning till now will be in his eyes?

Of course Jesus died for three consecutive days! Meaning he went into non-existence for 72 hours! Jehovah raised him back to life because Jesus (Michael) is the most precious of all his creatures! Hebrew 5:7

So Jesus (Michael) is not eternal in himself but Jehovah is the one who bestow eternity on his faithful and loyal servants {John 3:16} therefore if anyone is going to have such a gift, whether you believe it or not Jesus (Michael) comes first in God's plan! Colossians 1:15; Revelations 1:5

God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Trinity And The Unity Of The Church by Emusan(m): 7:24am On Aug 25, 2020
Blabbermouth:

And where did the word ETERNITY appear in my post?

Is Christ not a person before?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son / Testaments Of God To His People For The Glorious Year 2022 / Only One Christian Has Played For Egypt National Football Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.