Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,169 members, 7,818,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago (73913 Views)

Inside Unhatched Egg Of Dinosaur That Lived In Argentina 80 Million Yrs Ago (Pix / Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by anonimi: 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
hidhrhis:
if crocodile evolve during the years
what causes the evolution
the discovery isnt what they should be focused on but what is causing the evolution

They have left that part for us blacks to work on.
Or do you expect the oyinbos to do everything, when we are equally intelligent and have 24 hours daily?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916463_img1217_jpegf36bc6f0e3954883e8b3b5a692deed65

2 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by OtemAtum: 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Notatribalist:
82 million years ago,make una dey deceive una self.
This comment is made in ignorance. Have you read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY covering the histories of the earth for 4.2 billion years? You didn't read history and you just arrived at a conclusion. cool

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Wheezdom(m): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
dazzlingd:
All these illiterates that have access to internet above commenting who has been counting the years.

You all don't deserve a 21st century existence.
Stop watching nollywood and read up on science, watch videos to understand the universe u live in..
It may not be your faults u grew up in a very religious and backward part of the world, but u are doing yourself intellectual harm by not trying to free yourselves from ignorance.

Continue asking;
How do scientist know that the earth is not flat?
How do they know the sex of a child before it is born
How did they shoot satellites into the space, why are the satellites not falling?
How did they land on the moon?
How did they know the speed of light
How did they know the diameter of the earth
How did they make telephones?
How did they know there is oil beneath
How did they estmate the ages of rock

You guys should grow up, a 12 year old child in germany or china will be disappointed seeing your ignorant way of questioning things

guy please help me tell them... I no get strength... Awon illiterates

5 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by HarunaWest(m): 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
DesChyko:

Read up 'carbon dating'.
Was carbon dating created by God or man.... Nonsense
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by kingxsamz(m): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
Joedoyle:
believe in God, let me tell you. Because they can't prove God existence in their way!

No, it is you who believes in a god. So you should prove it in your own way. That's your burden to carry not science.

1 Like

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by ravensckar(m): 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
Buliwyf:

Empty words. Provide a sound counter argument to his submission and stop flailing.
Provide what? So, you expect me to jump into the mud with him just to have a match? You too just like him must have underestimated my cerebral capability.

Abraham Lincoln once said; 'He who knows not but knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him'.

PS- don't expect another reply from me.
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Notatribalist(m): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
OtemAtum:
This comment is made in ignorance. Have you read the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY covering the histories of the earth for 4.2 billion years? You didn't read history and you just arrived at a conclusion. cool

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/
How old is the author of the book?
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by jaxxy(m): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
LMAO
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by okoroemeka(m): 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
dazzlingd:
All these illiterates that have access to internet above commenting who has been counting the years.

You all don't deserve a 21st century existence.
Stop watching nollywood and read up on science, watch videos to understand the universe u live in..
It may not be your faults u grew up in a very religious and backward part of the world, but u are doing yourself intellectual harm by not trying to free yourselves from ignorance.

Continue asking;
How do scientist know that the earth is not flat?
How do they know the sex of a child before it is born
How did they shoot satellites into the space, why are the satellites not falling?
How did they land on the moon?
How did they know the speed of light
How did they know the diameter of the earth
How did they make telephones?
How did they know there is oil beneath
How did they estmate the ages of rock

You guys should grow up, a 12 year old child in germany or china will be disappointed seeing your ignorant way of questioning things.
Religion is the opium of the masses(Karl Marx)I discovered that 90% of people that doubt the real age of the earth and evolution are deeply religious,they don't want to believe the inconvenient truth that hard evidence and facts contradicts the fables and fairy tales in their holy books.

1 Like

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by dazzlingd(m): 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
ravensckar:
Provide what? So, you expect me to jump into the mud with him just to have a match? You too just like him must have underestimated my cerebral capability.

Abraham Lincoln once said; 'He who knows not but knows not that he knows not is a fool. Shun him'.

Albert Einstein of ogbomosho

5 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by AreaFada2: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2020
hidhrhis:
if crocodile evolve during the years
what causes the evolution
the discovery isnt what they should be focused on but what is causing the evolution
Changes in weather, vegetation, food, environment and so on lead species to having to adapt to survive or get wiped out.

3 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by omanzo02: 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Kyrx:

Please proof him wrong, and tag my moniker alongside, I'd like to see your inputs.

I'm very religious, but that doesn't stopped me from learning, and discovering new things. Science might not be perfect, but in the world we are today, science is it's backbone.

Religion is to spread fear and trick people into submission, simple. The people that sold religion to us had long moved on to something new with science and planning to send people to live on Mars, discovered other planets that could sustain life, building spaceships that could travel lightyears and eager to discover what's on the other side of the black hole, already knows the sun is gradually dieing out etc.

4 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Dabliss02(m): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
Jesus died 2000 years ago
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by kingxsamz(m): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
ravensckar:
Laughs hysterically. cheesy cheesy

This is one of the beauty of a faceless forum; you get to insult people whose intellectual capacity you can never match in this life or afterlife. I think I'm impressed with the stunt you just pulled.

The reverse psychology stunt you just pulled won't work on me. You? Challenge my mental ability? cheesy cheesy

You wrote an epistle and boasted about your "intellectual capacity", yet failed to make any reasonable point regarding the guy's post you quoted.

Wetin Adamu no go see for gate?
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by anonimi: 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
dazzlingd:
Very funny, science never claimed to be perfect, that's why there are researches daily to update. But it is still the best way to unraveling mysteries, answering questions and solving human problems...
Since the inception of time, nothing else has ever been known to do it better

Nothing else including religion grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4108585_img20151221wa020_jpegffa407ba2efc86a3ddb75a6084d3c6aa

3 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Deborah98(f): 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Lol the way these guys conclude their years, days and time leaves me bewildered,
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Buliwyf: 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
ravensckar:

Nobody is underestimating your cerebral capacity, least of all me. I have seen very smart people make very stupid mistakes and assumptions. Especially when they are considering things from within the fog of religious dogma. Even Newton believed in Alchemy. So that doesn't take away from your intelligence.

But my point is that, on this matter, you have no convincing point. You are just flailing.

1 Like

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by IMAliyu(m): 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
nextstep:

These words you typed, went over a satellite (or maybe undersea cable) to get into the Internet. The people that laid these cables and fired these satellites are telling you the Earth is round, and the speed of light is thus. They are also the type who can tell how old a fossil is. I don't think discounting their findings without solid evidence otherwise is progressive.

Science is all about providing proof and repeatable experiments. If somebody can provide evidence that the Earth is flat, or dinosaurs are only 6000 years old, well, they are welcome to do so - not just wave their hands and claim that they know better.

The thing is annoying guy.

The type of reasoning from these folk is the same thing that created Boko haram and why they were against education and could not fathom modern science.

But ironically will still use technologies and devices which are the product of the same science education they are against.

5 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by anonimi: 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
omanzo02:
Religion is to spread fear and trick people into submission, simple. The people that sold religion to us had long moved on to something new with science and planning to send people to live on Mars, discovered other planets that could sustain life, building spaceships that could travel lightyears and eager to discover what's on the other side of the black hole, already knows the sun is gradually dieing out etc.

We also had our own organised religion, which the Arabs and then the whites wiped out, by tricking us into believing that their own worship/God version is better.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9872468_screenshot20190630231453_jpeg514b0a215876001d7122526e8c122ad3

1 Like

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by larryjimmy7: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
82 millions??

How come the present croc didnt possess their ancestors traits? Or dey de-evolve?

Iberiberism

1 Like

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
Wow, God is great! This coincides with the scriptures I read today.
Science agrees with with God as scientific knowledge comes from Him

Job 41

:Can you draw out the leviathan (the crocodile) with a fishhook? Or press down his tongue with a cord?

AMP:Can you put a rope into his nose? Or pierce his jaw through with a hook or a spike?

AMP:Will he make many supplications to you [begging to be spared]? Will he speak soft words to you [to coax you to treat him kindly]?

AMP:Will he make a covenant with you to take him for your servant forever?

AMP:Will you play with [the crocodile] as with a bird? Or will you put him on a leash for your maidens?

AMP:Will traders bargain over him? Will they divide him up among the merchants?

AMP:Can you fill his skin with harpoons? Or his head with fishing spears?

AMP:Lay your hand upon him! Remember your battle with him; you will not do [such an ill-advised thing] again!

AMP:Behold, the hope of [his assailant] is disappointed; one is cast down even at the sight of him!

AMP:No one is so fierce [and foolhardy] that he dares to stir up [the crocodile]; who then is he who can stand before Me [the beast’s Creator, or dares to contend with Me]?

AMP:Who has first given to Me, that I should repay him? Whatever is under the whole heavens is Mine. [Therefore, who can have a claim against God, God Who made the unmastered crocodile?]

AMP:I will not keep silence concerning his limbs, nor his mighty strength, nor his goodly frame.

AMP:Who can strip off [the crocodile’s] outer garment? [Who can penetrate his double coat of mail?] Who shall come within his jaws?

AMP:Who can open the doors of his [lipless] mouth? His [extended jaws and bare] teeth are terrible round about.

AMP:His scales are [the crocodile’s] pride, [for his back is made of rows of shields] shut up together [as with] a tight seal;

AMP:One is so near to another that no air can come between them.

AMP:They are joined one to another; they stick together so that they cannot be separated.

AMP:His sneezings flash forth light, and his eyes are like the [reddish] eyelids of the dawn.

AMP:Out of his mouth go burning torches, [and] sparks of fire leap out.

AMP:Out of his nostrils goes forth smoke, as out of a seething pot over a fire of rushes.

AMP:His breath kindles coals, and a flame goes forth from his mouth.

AMP:In [the crocodile’s] neck abides strength, and terror dances before him.

AMP:The folds of his flesh cleave together; they are firm upon him, and they cannot shake [when he moves].

AMP:His heart is as firm as a stone, indeed, as solid as a nether millstone.

AMP:When [the crocodile] raises himself up, the mighty are afraid; because of terror and the crashing they are beside themselves.

AMP:Even if one strikes at him with the sword, it cannot get any hold, nor does the spear, the dart, or the javelin.

AMP:He counts iron as straw and bronze as rotten wood.

AMP:The arrow cannot make [the crocodile] flee; slingstones are treated by him as stubble.

AMP:Clubs [also] are counted as stubble; he laughs at the rushing and the rattling of the javelin.

AMP:His underparts are like sharp pieces of broken pottery; he spreads [grooves like] a threshing sledge upon the mire.

AMP:He makes the deep boil like a pot; he makes the sea like a [foaming] pot of ointment.

AMP:[His swift darting] makes a shining track behind him; one would think the deep to be hoary [with foam].

AMP:Upon earth there is not [the crocodile’s] equal, a creature made without fear and he behaves fearlessly.

AMP:He looks all mighty [beasts of prey] in the face [without terror]; he is monarch over all the sons of pride. [And now, Job, who are you who dares not arouse the unmastered crocodile, yet who dares resist Me, the beast’s Creator, to My face? Everything under the heavens is Mine; therefore, who can have a claim against God?]

Only God knows the reason why He had to allow such powerful creature go extinct.

1 Like

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Ojady(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
These animals may have been wiped out during the flood of Noah's time. I doubt that though, as only land animals were recorded as having 'died'. This suggests that, some of the water animals, if not all-did not die, rather some of these beasts MAY HAVE dived deeper and deeper into the darkest parts of the oceans, into the earth's core. Such creatures only being seen when, there is an earthquake or tsunami - either due to their moving or their being pushed up a bit closer up to where humans are able to sight them. The movie 'The Meg" starring Jason Statham and sea-farers attesting to this. The ocean is loaded.
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by anonimi: 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
IMAliyu:
The thing is annoying guy.
The type of reasoning from these folk is the same thing that created Boko haram and why they were against education and could not fathom modern science.
But ironically will still use technologies and devices which are the product of the same science education they are against.

The irony does not stop there.
The same guys will be abusing Boko Haram terrorists for being against books/Western education, but using western technology for their propaganda and wars.

4 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Sermwell(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
timibare:
Everything about Dinosaur na fiction....dat stuff never existed
Black man where are your proofs?? At least those who claimed it existed are showing us some proofs!!

5 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by kevoh(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
HarunaWest:

Was carbon dating created by God or man.... Nonsense
Carbon dating was created by man. God is also a concept created by man.

4 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by anonimi: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Joedoyle:
And man will soon evolve, right?
Don't worry. I enjoy science and practice science but anything beyond science is what I don't appreciate. Do yo know why scientist won't believe in God, let me tell you. Because they can't prove God existence in their way!
Most science is just fiction and portrays folly art. Yes, this animals might have exist with their stated dimensions but the scientist date of existence is faked!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3304018_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

5 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by simplesearch: 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Anytime science undertake a travel back in time they almost always end up making a fool of themselves. Past events for which one is not an eye witness can only be learnt by written or recorded evidence(s) procured by eye witnesses to such times and event, this is further handed down and preserved through history by same medium, no scientific equipment can undertake a procedure by itself i.e sensing and divulging abstract information by itself . The second factor to obtaining accurate info on past event can only be through God himself who created all things from the beginning, this was the means by which Moses was able to learn and accurately pen down vital details on creation without making a single mistake, and till date none has been able to provide a convincing alternative to that narration. In a nutshell, No equipment can practically go back in time and none can navigate to the nearest future except in theory, this fact is evident to Albert Einstein himself.

3 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by IMAliyu(m): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Cti28:

Carbon dating has limitations. It becomes inconsistent from 10000 years and above (verification needed). Carbon14 dating involves comparison and it is subject to errors.
Carbon dating isn't the only form of dating.
There are different types of radiometric dating with a varying accuracy range.
Such as uranium dating with a 2-5% margin of error, used to date things far older.

4 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Zetty177x: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
Not only 82 million...na 820 billion years

1 Like

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by anonimi: 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ojady:
These animals may have been wiped out during the flood of Noah's time. I doubt that though, as only land animals were recorded as having 'died'. This suggests that, some of the water animals, if not all-did not die, rather some of these beasts MAY HAVE dived deeper and deeper into the darkest parts of the oceans, into the earth's core. Such creatures only being seen when, there is an earthquake or tsunami - either due to their moving or their being pushed up a bit closer up to where humans are able to sight them. The movie 'The Meg" starring Jason Statham and sea-farers attesting to this. The ocean is loaded.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391004_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes

Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by Elysiana: 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
82 million years ko 82 million days ni
Re: Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago by anonimi: 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
simplesearch:
Anytime science undertake a travel back in time they almost always end up making a fool of themselves. Past events for which one is not an eye witness can only be learnt by written or recorded evidence(s) procured by eye witnesses to such times and event, this is further handed down and preserved through history by same medium, no scientific equipment can undertake a procedure by itself i.e sensing and divulging abstract information by itself . The second factor to obtaining accurate info on past event can only be through God himself who created all things from the beginning, this was the means by which Moses was able to learn and accurately pen down vital details on creation without making a single mistake, and till date none has been able to provide a convincing alternative to that narration. In a nutshell, No equipment can practically go back in time and none can navigate to the nearest future except in theory, this fact is evident to Albert Einstein himself.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6392490_screenshot201703251113431_jpege7efc671bcd65efa910c8efb45a5868a

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos Of The Snake Man Of Lagos And His Over 30 Different Animals / China fires up its 'artificial sun' for the first time (Pics) / Ugandan Man Kills A Lion Trying To Attack His Home. He Gets Injured (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.