Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters (27298 Views)

Drone Shots Of Dino Melaye's Campaign In Kabba, Kogi West Senatorial District / How Malami Tried To Prevent EFCC From Prosecuting Okorocha / How Malami Rebuffed UK High Commissioner Over Kanu’s Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
good man or woman

RenaissanceGuy:
This AGF might currently be the richest minister in Buharis government, due to the amount of bribes to kill prosecutions or investigations he must have collected.

Has anybody noticed that EFCC has paused operations since their chairman was arrested?
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by payloader(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Olatomiwami:

That's stale, everyone that cares for Nigeria then knows the way GEJ and PDP was going then, Nigeria will b a sad story, they are the architect of how we blindly voted for Buhari, have u seen where a winning horse is replaced before?
Everyone knew the PDP was corrupt, but the APC came with their anticorruption mantra only exceed the the limits of corruption and injustice set by the former admin. You can attest to this if you are sincere enough. But I doubt if you will, seeing how you quickly jump to accuse an already accused party gone for over 5 years. The APC is far more corrupt than any previously known administration, sans the Abacha regime.

1 Like

Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by shadfoye: 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
Unfourtunately, president Buhari we trusted to take us out corruption has been hijacked by his trusted aides.
Where're we going in this country?
My suggestions ,let youth of this nation form a bond that these looters will find difficult to break and take this country back from their hands called LOOTERS.

2 Likes

Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by frankyychiji(f): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
RuddyFusion:
So Malani is working for both PDP and APC ....to have your way all you need do is see Malami
My brother.. while we are here arguing and fighting for them.

1 Like

Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Maobichek: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
Olatomiwami:

That's stale, everyone that cares for Nigeria then knows the way GEJ and PDP was going then, Nigeria will b a sad story, they are the architect of how we blindly voted for Buhari, have u seen where a winning horse is replaced before?
. Jonathan's "ineptitude" should have made you voter a better person since it wasn't only Jonathan and Buhari that contested during 2015 general election. Blaming Jonathan for for whom you voted is uncalled for and it shows that you will still vote someone who will not better the lots of Nigerians come 2023 and blame Buhari for your choice. I know that come 2023, Nigerians will still not get it right cos voting in Nigeria is based on sentiment and tribalism, thank you.
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by ITbomb(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Karlifate:
M agu
M alami
M elaye
Are you seeing what I'm seeing....
M uhamadu
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Jakumo(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

It's not that dino stole, but he is constitutionally forbidden from having foreign account

Even though the ever-boastful Dino Ferrari Malaye is certainly a criminal with very close ties to now convicted internet fraud kingpins, while also helping himself to public funds through the usual back-door MODALITIES employed by Nigeria's political class, that law constitutionally debarring Nigerian political appointees from operating offshore hard-currency bank accounts, is fundamentally unworkable, patently idiotic and utterly pointless, given the myriad ways there are, to circumvent such restrictions with ease.
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Dansuqi: 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Since 1999,all attorney generals always squash corruption cases
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
UNFORTUNATELY BABA AT THE TOP WILL NOT ACT ON THIS.JUST AS IF THERE ARE NO BETTER REPLACEMENT.[i][/i]
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by ajl: 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
Saao:
exactly, I was looking for where the guy stole but saw nothing. I'm not a fan of politicians but writing rubbish just to tarnish someone image, I think it's bad.

Sometimes it's not worth responding to most comments posted by Nigerians because most are brain-dead when it come to objective reasoning. What does the law say? Don't operate a foreign account as a public official. Did Dino did that? Yes! And that's the focus of that story.

1 Like

Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Gbabe2: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

It's not that dino stole, but he is constitutionally forbidden from having foreign account

Oga, you get time to dey explain to this indomie generation? They can’t even comprehend a simple paragraph. Daily, I weep for these folks. No wonder, Bubu tagged them lazy.

1 Like

Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by earnit1: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
ohh
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Gbabe2: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yankee101:
Go through my posts. I roast Dino regularly

Sowore had, still has American accounts, he didn't close them while running for President.

The question is not of major politicians have foreign accounts, the question is who dosen't. Does it make it right, no. In accounting you don't spend your major effort in recovery of stolen money, you prevent it

Malami has so much issues against him and the evidence you want to present is a matter that won't stick just because Duno was your buddy but you're no more together?

Oga Accountant, which framework were you referring to? Is it IFRS or GAAP standard? Yes you design controls to prevent fraud and collusion but those controls can’t prevent everything Oga. That is one of the reasons why we detective controls ( audit and fraud investigations) and as well corrective and compensatory controls.
I
Do you need more tutorials �����?
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by mukthar2000(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hushpuppi group Nigeria limited. More names are still expected no be only Dino.
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Angrymode: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
ironheart:
Justice is for sale in Nigeria. Some people steal so much to the point there wealth can fight a country. The sad part is that the wealth stops at the grave

It doesn't stop at the grave as we thought. They pass it on to their children and the cycle continues.
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by bizzibodi(m): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
This Malami own na to settle him & he will quash your corruption case,magu is in hot pepper soup b/C he refused to settle malami.
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Yankee101: 3:35pm On Aug 14, 2020
Why is 90% of government resources stolen, in some instances up to 100%, with no consequences while theft in the banking sector is less than 1% of depositors funds?

You think it's recovery and fraud investigation?

GAAP is an accounting regulatory framework, it doesn't prevent anything. It simply tells you how to record and report money already spent.

Gbabe2:
[color=#006600][/color]

Oga Accountant, which framework were you referring to? Is it IFRS or GAAP standard? Yes you design controls to prevent fraud and collusion but those controls can’t prevent everything Oga. That is one of the reasons why we detective controls ( audit and fraud investigations) and as well corrective and compensatory controls.
I
Do you need more tutorials �����?
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by umbroxxx(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

what if he had the account before running for political office will it be considered a crime too?
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by 989900: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
LandMann:

Face the message and stop bleating about Sowore... The law states elected public officials must not operate foreign account.

The law was made to prevent these people from undermining the country through looting and other corrupt acts. .

Did Dino break the law?

You represent everything that is wrong with majority of Nigerian youths... You all bleat about irrelevant things while your country suffers and you all too suffer

My brother, don't you feel the full weight of depression when you read some of these simpletons' comments?

It's tiring. It is draining.
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yankee101:
That's why nobody takes Sowore serious

He keeps malice, works for a profit, brings down other young revolutionary folks not in his camp and is very jealous. If you bo settle am na case

What is the issue with Dino opening accounts compared to all the atrocities being committed in Nigeria right now?

You tink & speak lyk a kid! The Nigerian constitution prohibit public officials from owning foreign bank accounts(which he violated) hypocritic PDP fan boy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by ironheart(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Angrymode:

It doesn't stop at the grave as we thought. They pass it on to their children and the cycle continues.
true talk my brother
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Rigel95(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Its not a stupid law. its standard for all public officers all over the world. You cant be running government and using your position to benefit yourself. The law is also to prevent corruption and and external influence and control from foreign entities. So its not about dropping big names, if they are business men they should stick to business and leave governance for those ready to sacrifice and serve.
Lol... so because they are businessmen, they should not participate actively in politics again??
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Basher8583: 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Not a fan of Malami but this is bullcrap.
You need to tell us how Dino actually stole money not belonging to him.
All these "how Dino went to shit in the US" is stale when we have minister for disaster, Bashir Ahmed etc stealing the zoo dry.

Its either you are not paying attention or you don't know how to read
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Basher8583: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
Saao:
exactly, I was looking for where the guy stole but saw nothing. I'm not a fan of politicians but writing rubbish just to tarnish someone image, I think it's bad.

Birds of the same feather.

Go to school dem no gree go
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Basher8583: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

God bless you bro.
They are so many on Nairaland. Comprehension is a challenging feat for them

1 Like

Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Kazim88: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
Olatomiwami:

Stale?? and you still fell for the trap of blaming GEJ. Now for ignorantly voting Buhari.

Learn to take responsibility
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by ogbuefi677(m): 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
Basher8583:

Its either you are not paying attention or you don't know how to read
Bros,in the midst of all these stealing left and right under Buhari, the issue of having a foreign account is a distraction.
I know you won't understand me cos the name Dino has been mentioned.
If Dino has stolen a kobo that doesn't belong to him,he should be prosecuted but this talk of foreign account (which most of them have b4 being elected) is a distraction.
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Codes151(m): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
Olatomiwami:

then we have to keep transferring to the previous administration after gej.
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Codes151(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Not a fan of Malami but this is bullcrap.
You need to tell us how Dino actually stole money not belonging to him.
All these "how Dino went to shit in the US" is stale when we have minister for disaster, Bashir Ahmed etc stealing the zoo dry.
so true.

How does having an account with BOA a big deal? Back in the days it’s online.

They should show us fraud related evidence not deceive gullible people
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by Yankee101: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Are you aware Sowore had and still have foreign bank accounts as a presidential candidate?

DjRicky:

You tink & speak lyk a kid! The Nigerian constitution prohibit public officials from owning foreign bank accounts(which he violated) hypocritic PDP fan boy!
Re: How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters by executive12: 4:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Olatomiwami:

And I guess GEJ also caused you to, again, blindly vote Buhari the second time in 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me / Clement Ikolo: Army Releases Monarch Declared Wanted Over Okuama Killings / Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.