Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me (27298 Views)

Peter Obi: Why Labour Party Was Denied Use Of Stadium In Edo – Obaseki / Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden? / Peter Obi: Why Tinubu's Social Media Defenders Have Disappeared?- Farook Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Ofunaofu: 6:58am On Dec 31, 2022
The presidential candidate of Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, has said that there will be danger if everybody begins to support his presidential ambition.

He, however, noted that those who brought Nigeria and Nigerians to the current economic and socio-political problems were the ones that were not supporting him.

Obi, who spoke in Enugu, the Enugu State capital, shortly after signing the condolence register of late President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Prof George Obiozor, at the National Secretariat of Ohanaeze, dispelled the notion that some politicians in the South-East were not supporting him.

“What is happening is that some people have different opinions, everybody should not support me and everybody will not support me. In fact, if everybody supports me, there is danger. Some will disagree.

“Some people have a structure that has brought us to this juncture where we produce 133 million people who are poor; where our primary health care has collapsed; where we have 20 million out-of-school children; where we have almost 40 per cent unemployment, with 60 per cent youth unemployment, and where we have the highest youth job prevent in the world.

“So, they will not support me but I urge all of us to remember that we need to build a new Nigeria. Nobody is against me, what people have is different opinion which is allowed in a democratic dispensation,” he said.

Paying glowing tributes to the late Ohanaeze leader, the former Anambra State governor who is the first to sign Obiozor’s condolence register at the secretariat, said his demise had created a sense of loss to every Igbo person owing to his contributions to the progress of the Igbo nation.

He said, “I feel very sad that he died this very trying time of our nation. If you know Prof Obiozor and his contributions over the years to our country, Nigeria and to the South-East, you will know that every Igbo person feels a sense of loss but we cannot question God.”

https://punchng.com/why-some-people-are-against-me-obi/

193 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:02am On Dec 31, 2022
We know sir. All of us know. No need for explanations. When any righteous man stand to challenge gang of criminals holding the people at ransom, such a person will be seriously hated and sometimes it ends in taking his life.

It happened in so many countries and the records are everywhere in history. Since this December, we have been queueing to get fuel even at a costly price. What a nation? Nobody ever believed that your name can be mentioned among the major contestants but today the story is different. That's God's doing.

I pity the poor masses that have been bought with money to remain slaves forever. Also those who are more interested in tribal or religious cards. But they will gather and surely they will gather in vain. 2023 is our liberation as destined by GOD.

570 Likes 68 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by 1Dray(m): 7:05am On Dec 31, 2022
Corrupt politicians will always be against Obi because they thrive in corrupt systems. Obi doesn't need these corrupt entities to support him. What is important is that the masses are supporting him. The voice of the people is the voice of God. The masses are pushing to have a PO presidency, it doesn't matter if no politician supports him. The masses will win, Obi will be president come next year.

435 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by philcz(m): 7:09am On Dec 31, 2022
Our incoming president!!!! He has what it takes to lead a diverse country like Nigeria.

361 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Abdul05: 7:12am On Dec 31, 2022
Support obi hug failure... grin grin grin

Being an obidient is a disaster... grin cheesy grin

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Vickym1(f): 7:18am On Dec 31, 2022
Y won't they be against you, do u know what it means to block corruption link and channels? So they'll do everything in their power to sabotage u from being the president of this con3 buh they'll all fail woefully

315 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 31, 2022
He's right.
But there's something I v noticed from the 3 major candidates. None of them appear to be the best. Nigerians must use their heads well to determine who ll do well the most. Since the other candidates like the SDP guy stand no chance. We are to chose the lesser evil from LP, APC or PDP.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Naira20: 7:24am On Dec 31, 2022
This new year go sweet for Nigerians.

Enough of APC+PDP

Can't wait for our incoming President PETER OBI.

Minister of Education -Prof. Chris of Accord Party
Minister of Defence- Al Mustapha
EFCC Chairman- Sowore
Minister of Comedy- Bola Tinubu

193 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by gozmok1(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
Ofunaofu:

My brother, this election will come and go. Suffering does not spare any tribe, region or religion..

Also success knows no tribe , region or religion. That your tribes man or person of same region/religion is the president is not a guarantee for a successful life. Its obeying the laws of success.

The president may come from ones village, tribe, region, same religion and the person will live, suffer and die unfulfilled/in poverty. Also leaving his/her children in sorrow and pains.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by DenreleDave(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Arguing with a mad man will make you look like a mad man...

3 people are contesting but one has been crying like a woman... For his mind, he believes everyone must support him which is typical of igbos as a tribe. They believe everyone must do what they want them to do and if you don't Want to do it, they see you as an enemy.....

I could remember when Peter obi went to rivers and tried making jest of tinubu and still ended up lying abt Peter Odili..... Tinubu also went to speak and said "don't mention dt one, it is an insult, shey na statistics we go chop"

Obi went on TV and started crying like a love peddler dt has been denied of her short time fee...

A man that failed as a governor wants to be the president... God forbid

Peter Obi is simply an Igbo & Ip0b terrorist project..... Most Igbos terrorist are just supporting him because they know that once he wins, they will have the freedom to kill people anyhow. For now, they are killing their kinsmen, after obi enters, they might start doing it to other Nigerians..

Some igbos said, they don't want shettima bcox he has link with BH, tinubu is in charge of agbero and opc and we Nigerians are saying we don't want Peter Obi because he is in charge of IPOB terrorist that are killing his people and other tribes doing business in the east...

A true Nigerian project wunt cry foul, won't force others to agree with you, won't insult others bcox they have different opinions....

Peter Obi, listen and listen good.. You will never be the president of the nation..

The only Igbo I will vote when the time comes is Soludo or Umahi... These men are leaders with proven track records, not the failure that takes advice from a. Mad man...

I have said mine.... I know some Igbo Ip0bs will come and bash me, insult me, don't worry, I am unshaken..

It is just my opinion..

38 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by HeadNigga: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
It's because you will work for the masses and not share the national cake with them.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by nairalee(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
Lemme summarize what he said for those that couldn't read everything

PETER OBI: Those that do not support me are those that don't have sense.

If not, why will people open their korokoro eyes and vote these same opponents that have contributed in ruining Nigeria? Shiorr

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by GboyegaD(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
Let's hope things work in his favor.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by tunwumi: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
I think reality is setting on this one. See election is a great Gambit. You weigh you options and steps very well. Blackmail system from your region don't win elections, unity does.

My Saint (fraudster) Obi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by kollinz1234(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
Like I have said before and will say again, there is no winner or looser among the masses in this election.

If we vote a good candidate, we will all enjoy together; and if we vote a bad one, we will all suffer together. Nobody will be given a medal because Obi won or because Atiku won or because Tinubu won.

So, let us all just enjoy the election campaign cruise while it last.

But as for me, I will rather vote Sabinus than vote Tinubu, if Sabinus was in the poll

Like for Tinubu,

Share for Sabinus grin

6 Likes 66 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by kollinz1234(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
I have always said it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by WinneR47: 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
It's normal in politics
Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by tuoyoojo(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
Do not be deceived that the country is broke

Nigeria has money but the wastage is just too much

A few people benefit from that wastage and from anything that is not working in Nigeria

For example, would a generator seller want you to have constant light

If Govt can cut down on wastage and channel those funds to infrastructure and human capital development, things would change

I have no doubt obi would win

I only look with trepidation to those Senators and house of rep members who would stop at nothing to ensure that the old order of egunje govt continues

Obi plans to make their salaries equal to that of civil servants so that only people who have something to offer would be in power

How would these people who did despicable things to get to power agree to take food out of their mouth

I leave that to God who rules in the affairs of men to sort out

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by philcz(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
Abdul05:
Support obi hug failure... grin grin grin

Being an obedient is a disaster... grin cheesy grin
Learn to type correctly first.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by mycar: 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
we all know, You are the only candidate that depends on the masses, others rely on their party structures unlike you.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Skyfornia(m): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
I collected my PVC yesterday.. Obi will have my vote.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by phemmie06(m): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
Na true jàre, but you forgot to mention a particular tribe and a region and they are the SE, the unknown gun men are not from North, Southwest but they are from Southeast and the only people they killed majorly are the their people (I mean your people) who should have voted for you
Those that were not killed fled their homes where they registered. In as much as I would love to vote you these people need to be addressed and stop the killings of your potential voters.
Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by RichDad1(m): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
Jester

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Superwave16320: 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
Cos they know u are a failure, liar & a thief.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by FalseProphet1(m): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
I see Peter Obi winning next year's election.

This I have seen.

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by fatherjesse(m): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
They shall all fail

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Franchise21(m): 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
Their evil and wicked plans will fail by the grace of Almighty God. President Peter Obi, GCFR

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by GoodCane: 7:26am On Dec 31, 2022
They have already failed woefully.

God bless our incoming president peter Obi

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by Slurity(m): 7:27am On Dec 31, 2022
NONSENSE TALK AS USUAL. HOW DID THIS MAN EVEN BECOME THE GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA FOR GOOD 8 YEARS SELF? WELL MONEY AND CONNECTIONS IS A GOOD TOOLS TO ACHIEVE POLITICALLY IN NIGERIA. ORDINARILY, THIS MAN HAS NO SENSE TO LEAD A LOCAL GOVERNMENT SAY LESS A STATE OR EVEN PRESIDENT HE WANT TO BE NOW. HE JUST TOO DUMB AND ACADEMICALLY BELOW AVERAGE. WELL, IF BUHARI CAN BE PRESIDENT, WHO CAN NOT BE? I FEEL ASHAMED OF THE CALIBRE OF QUALITY SOME YOUTH THAT SUPPOSED TO KNOW BETTER SUPPORTS IN NIGERIA. OBI SHOULD BE A LAST OPTION IF TINUBU, ATIKU KWAKWASO AND OB IN A CLASS. POLITICS CAN NEVER HAPPEN WITHOUT SENTIMENT SHA.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by anambraamaka: 7:27am On Dec 31, 2022
Truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by RichDad1(m): 7:27am On Dec 31, 2022
Ofunaofu:

those who brought Nigeria and Nigerians to the current economic and socio-political problems were the ones that were not supporting him.

This hypocrite was once a governor for 8 years under APGA, left to serve under PDP (A party that almost ruined this country) and rose to become it’s vice presidential candidate.
Today he’s telling us he’s not part of them grin cheesy
The same man that still call Atiku the kleptomaniac his leader?
The man that moves from one PDP old foxes to another looking for endorsements?
The same man that is willing dine with the devil just for political sympathy?
Same man that visits IBB for blessing is now claiming to be different?
The same naanu that his mob-like supporters were hailing for visit Sheik Gumi?
The one that has from day one tactically supporting and exonerating the terrorist group lPOB/ESN?
The same man that was clearly indicted in the Pandora leak?
The same obi that mastermind the killing of several youths in Ezu River ?
Guy man is a fraud.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: Why Some People Are Against Me by tyinfinity: 7:27am On Dec 31, 2022
OSU pandemic obituary

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abaribe Was Arrested For ‘Aiding And Abetting IPOB’ - Counsel / How Malami Stopped Prosecution Of Dino Melaye - Sahara Reporters / Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.