Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike (20597 Views)

Fuel Hike, Naira Scarcity: Buhari Must Act Now! Governor Akeredolu / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit / I Am Wiser Now - Governor Akinwunmi Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:31am On Aug 14, 2020
The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has revealed that up till now, the President Muhammadu Buhari government has not refunded the State the money it approved some months ago.

Recall that Wike had thanked President Buhari, describing him as indeed a President of every State of the Federation and all Nigerians following the approval of the sum N78.9 billion the Rivers Government used in maintenance of Federal roads in the State.

But addressing party stakeholders in Port Harcourt, the State capital on Thursday, Wike said not even one Naira has been refunded to the State since then.

Wike went on to explain that the said fund was for federal projects executed with State money by the administrations of Peter Odili, Chibuike Amaechi and the current government.

“No State in Nigeria can say they’re better than Rivers State. No. God has given us what it takes to move the State to the next level…not next level of poverty,” Wike began

There’s nothing the APC can tell Rivers people today ‘this is why you must vote for the APC.’ But we have something we can say, ‘Rivers people, see what we have done..’

“APC has nothing to tell them. Whether Federal Government; whether their political appointees on federal level they have nothing to tell them, nothing.

[b]“The money they said they’ve approved for us they’ve not given us but I’m not worried. I’ll continue to work.

So when many of them will say that these projects I’m doing is because they’ve given me money, Nigerian people, not even one Naira.

“No one Naira have they given me. But it’s our money. We don’t owe them any duty to explain to them. If they give us the money, we’ll use the money for the interest of our people.

“They can’t say anything again. They’ve shot their mouths. The level of development they’ve not seen before.[/b]

I continue telling people that it’s wrong to say that it’s one person that did the project, it’s a lie.

“Right from the time of Peter Odili, Celestine Omehia and Rotimi Amaechi that’s what the Federal Government is refunding.

“So anybody who comes to tell you it was one man’s project, it’s a lie. NIgeria is hoping on the PDP. APC has failed Nigerians. There’s nothing anybody can talk again.

This is no time for promises. You have promised and you have failed and you want us to try you again? No. We’ve tried APC and it has not worked and now Nigerians have realised that it’s the same PDP that has the interests of the people at heart.

“You know there was a problem and you begged the people to vote for you. Now that they’ve voted for you, yet you cannot solve the problem.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/14/n78-9b-refund-ive-not-received-n1-till-now-gov-wike-blasts-buhari-apc/

11 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by crestedaguiyi: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2020
see gist don twist.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Bigflamie(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2020
Wike knew the level of incompetency that oozes out from the dullard yet he hailed him cos it favoured him without minding what others are going through. Selfishness at its height.

Useless politicians.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2020
Wickedest Wike

Ride on Sir
Keep giving them hot hot
Nah MEN u be

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Tkester: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2020
Wicked Wike! The slayer of afonja Tinubu. The political maestro of the house of PDP. The upholder of Edo governor and the defender of rule and order! You're welcome Sir!

Don't worry alert go soon show!

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Nbotee(m): 7:48am On Aug 14, 2020
Benefits Men don send Wike fake alert..

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 14, 2020
Tkester:
Wicked Wike! The slayer of afonja Tinubu. The political maestro of the house of PDP. The upholder of Edo governor and the defender of rule and order! You're welcome Sir!

Don't worry alert go soon show!
Boko all these praises for one man
Tuale oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by jlinkd78(m): 7:50am On Aug 14, 2020
Sometimes I wonder what we would have had if not for d courageous and fearless persons like Wike whose eloquent and Frank outbursts have helped to shape and redefind governance. When u go to Port Harcourt and see d quality of four to five Flyovers being constructed by Wike by no other but Julius Berger, u can't help but ask how does Wike get money to do all these. The APC lapdogs suddenly got their voice when they thought dat d refund from FG has been received by Wike but with this d governor's clarification, it's clear that d developmental disposition of Mr Project, who is not even standing for reelection being in his second and final term, is real and born out of his love for his ppl of Rivers State. For d Thank you by Wike to Buhari it was a very smart and rugged political move to nail Buhari vindictiveness and intransigent mindset knowing fully Buhari will not pay Rivers dat money but thanking him in advance makes Wike a better politician

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Maxymilliano(m): 7:59am On Aug 14, 2020
Recall that Wike had thanked President Buhari, describing him as indeed a President of every State of the Federation and all Nigerians following the approval of the sum N78.9 billion the Rivers Government used in maintenance of Federal roads in the State.

Lol ... Wike got played and he fell for it grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Naijasageblog: 8:00am On Aug 14, 2020
Wike just got scammed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by money121(m): 8:05am On Aug 14, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Cmanforall: 8:05am On Aug 14, 2020
Which way Nigeria?

If you can't refund, how can you even repay all these Chinese loans?

8 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by ForeThinker: 8:06am On Aug 14, 2020
The money will come depends on how you behave during the Edo elections na ...isn't it APC n PDP again?

It's you against APC major contenders in the gane of politics...
May the best candidate wins

6 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by michlins(m): 8:06am On Aug 14, 2020
Today you praise him, tomorrow you abuse him. You have planned on how to blaze through 74bn but trust Buhari na. Him tell you why he's called sinzu baba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Beremx(f): 8:07am On Aug 14, 2020
Hushbuhari don scam Wike

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:07am On Aug 14, 2020
V
Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by cybertimer: 8:07am On Aug 14, 2020
mad
Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by gangstarmonk(m): 8:08am On Aug 14, 2020
FAKE PROMISE DEY PAIN EVERYBODY SHA...

I dey my Temple cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Afolabimills(m): 8:08am On Aug 14, 2020
Yahoo Yahoo govt promise n fail

1 Like

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by fatymore(f): 8:08am On Aug 14, 2020
God save Nigeria.

Good Morning

1 Like

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2020
It is well.

1 Like

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Abalado(f): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2020
The most wicked regime so far in Nigeria government is buhari regime,,,

3 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by mannobi(m): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2020
Don't you have malami, garba sheu and dauras numbers? A single phone call will do the magic. But on a condition that you won't take part of it to obaseki to share during the election

3 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by madone: 8:09am On Aug 14, 2020
grin it's cos they don't want you to use it for Edo state election so wait till after Sept 19 you will get it........... APC fighting with all they have

3 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:09am On Aug 14, 2020
Wike be calming down!

2 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by donoso: 8:09am On Aug 14, 2020
Why did you go ahead to congratulate the President on National Newspapers even before the approval?

In saner countries, you don't congratulate a leader for his developmental strides.

1 Like

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by Zetty177x: 8:09am On Aug 14, 2020
Believe Bubu and APC at your own peril...audio levels

6 Likes

Re: N78.9b Refund: I Have Not Received N1 Till Now – Governor Wike by fredoooooo: 8:10am On Aug 14, 2020
Sharap oga , the one they gave you no be jeep you use am buy for judges ...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yul Edochie: Nnamdi Kanu Is A Hero Grossly Misunderstood / Supreme Court Affirms Senator Dariye's 10-Year Jail Term For Criminal Breach / Justice Paul Obidigwe Attacked, Houses Burnt In Anambra Communal Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.