Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) (21736 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Arsenal: 48% (73 votes)
Barcelona: 46% (70 votes)
Draw: 4% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

PSG Vs Chelsea : UCL (2 - 1) On 16th February 2016 / Preston Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 3) On 16th February 2015 / Arsenal Vs Everton Fc On Tuesday Feb 1st, 2011 (2-1 Final Score) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by ddippset(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2011
switch47:

@ddipset the difference between arsenal and barcelona is not dat of lion to dog or benz to bicycle .arsenal is to barcelona what BENZ IS TO BMW. They are both great teams!! And either of them can qualify!!
WELL SAID, i could GIVE YOU at least 10 reasons why arsenal would hate on barca but could you give me just one reason why barca would hate on arsenal? just one.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by femib26(m): 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2011
ddippset:

mother luck has smiled on arsenal. messi should have been 2-0. its absurd to see a home team celebrate a 2-1 victory. anyway this would only make the eventual outcome more glorious.

It's worth celebrating my friend. With the kind of comments people made before the match. pls, let all gunners celebrate this one at least.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Lagosboy: 3:40pm On Feb 17, 2011
ideylaff:

Hmmmmm that still hurts to as well. I sat in Stad de France for a complete 30 minutes starring at what could have been , Hurt me so so so bad especially since we held on well @ 10 men, b4 Almunia opned his near side like a clown,

But hey we need to focus @ CampNou, Already dusted my top and scarf, 4 the return leg (1 - 2 ) to us, wink, we need to believe and then we put that into action,

The atmosphere @ The Groove was grand last night, "we rocked the whole stadium" , but Cesc looked a bit emotional 4 me after the game,

I thought it was only me that noticed that, in fact i am worried for the reason. Could it be out of joy? or wishing they beat them 3-1 or could it be him reflecting on going to barca? Only God knows !!

Anyway Gunner for life
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by ibb11: 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2011
yeh yeh yeh lol berca till we reach ur home
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by vislabraye(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2011
Gunners truly deserves the victory. I hope Barca fans won't start saying that Puyol did not play as the reason for their defeat. Arsenal actually played fantastic football, it was a classic game. I hope they can go on to score first in Nou Camp
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by usbcable(m): 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2011
ddippset:

mother luck has smiled on arsenal. messi should have been 2-0. its absurd to see a home team celebrate a 2-1 victory. anyway this would only make the eventual outcome more glorious.
ddippset,
maka why? You nobrag again. You bragged so tey na CAPITAL LETTERS you wrote with.
well sha the return leg still dey.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2011
i don they talk am since say i no fit sell pop corn in front of railway oo.i talk am say my in shape arsenal will dethrone those boys whey they called them self invisible .ARSENAL TILL THE END,GO ARSENAL,GO WENGER,GO ARSENAL FANS,GO EL DI CAPTAIN HRM [OLORI ODO] FABRIGAS AND FABREPASS AND BRING THE UEFA CUP, VICTORY IS SURE FOR US IJN
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by johnterry2: 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2011
[size=13pt]barca will beat arsenal silly in d return fixture[/size]
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by olayinkaj2(m): 5:09pm On Feb 17, 2011
I hope all the barca nonsense will allow us breathing space now, Who said they are unbeatable, ''AMIPJ''
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by daberechim: 5:37pm On Feb 17, 2011
arsenal will win champions league someday with the team they have. Van's goal was incredible. It entered like flash of light. He scored like Marco Van basten who can score from any angle.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by switch47(m): 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ddippset what exactly do you mean by either arsenal or barcelona hating on each other?? Are u talking about the arm-chair critics here? Who can be a so called arsenal fan today and chelsea fan tomorow?(what they rant here is unimportant to results) Or you are talking about the club itself who to the best of my knowledge have & keeps expressing mutual respect for each other?common barcelona knows arsenal arent push overs!! Push overs usualy get owned home and away!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by mrofficial(m): 5:45pm On Feb 17, 2011
daberechim:

arsenal will win champions league someday with the team they have. Van's goal was incredible. It entered like flash of light. He scored like Marco Van basten who can score from any angle.

He looked at the goal keeper before taking the shot. Mad accuracy. Nice one from him. smiley
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by amurx(m): 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2011
im a happiest man on hrt
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by amurx(m): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2011
JM shuld learn 4rm this, wenger is just gr8 no wonder he was named coach of d decade
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by PastorOla1: 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2011
BRAVO ARSENAL, great Result Keep it up
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by vislabraye(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2011
For a young and inexperienced side like Arsenal to punish Barca, credit must go to Wenger. Our defense was made up of inexperienced players including the keeper.
I also think Barca's keeper isn't so great.

amurx:

JM shuld learn 4rm this, wenger is just gr8 no wonder he was named coach of d decade

Thats if he'll be humble enough to listen. I wish he were the one Wenger defeated.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Konjour(m): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2011
Respect to Le Arse for at least making Barca lose some euphoria about themsleves,and see the return leg as a must-win match which will only make the return leg much more exciting(as opposed to how it'd have looked like if the result was vice-versa), and any technically astute arsenal fan would realise the job is only half-done,the tougher end of the job is yet to come, if you'd inquire from the back five of the nerrazuris. I have my reservations about Le arse's ability to replicate same though. May the best team win. One United.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by hbrednic: 9:00pm On Feb 17, 2011
A casket is already laid for Arsenal in CampNou,
On march 8,your celebrations will turn to tears believe me cool
Barca and Man U are your masters so learn to respect.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by switch47(m): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2011
hbrednic:

A casket is already laid for Arsenal in CampNou,
On march 8,your celebrations will turn to tears believe me cool
Barca and Man U are your masters so learn to respect.
What was your prediction for the first leg? were you expecting what happened? well do you realise a 3-2 loss for Arsenal will see arsenal through just like people boasted that Batern munich will fall in old trafford last year?? Anything can happen in football.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by hbrednic: 9:36pm On Feb 17, 2011
switch47:

What was your prediction for the first leg? were you expecting what happened? well do you realise a 3-2 loss for Arsenal will see arsenal through just like people boasted that Batern munich will fall in old trafford last year?? Anything can happen in football.
Barca is not Bayern munich especially when it comes to humbling arsenal. I reap arsenal knows who their masters are,
as for the last match,Barca won the 1st half,while Arsenal took the 2nd so nothing special.
The real game will be at Camp Nou, where arsenal will be made to remember the 4 goals the swallowed last season.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by infofta(m): 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2011
Nou camp my foot, Nou camp my backyard, we cant wait to storm that so-called Nou camp and silent the crowd, now that we have the confidence.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by switch47(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2011
hbrednic:

Barca is not Bayern munich especially when it comes to humbling arsenal. I reap arsenal knows who their masters are,
as for the last match,Barca won the 1st half,while Arsenal took the 2nd so nothing special.
The real game will be at Camp Nou, where arsenal will be made to remember the 4 goals the swallowed last season.
and what if Barcelona concede 3 goals in the first half and scores 2 in the second half? who qualifies??FOOTBALL IS NOT PREDICTABLE. aNY OF THE TWO TEAMS CAN QUALIFY AND I TELL YOU aRSENAL IS CAPABLE OF DOING THAT. lAST YEAR IS DIFFERENT FROM THIS YEAR. anything can happen on the field oif play
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by renewnaija(m): 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2011
switch47:

and what if Barcelona concede 3 goals in the first half and scores 2 in the second half? who qualifies??FOOTBALL IS NOT PREDICTABLE. aNY OF THE TWO TEAMS CAN QUALIFY AND I TELL YOU aRSENAL IS CAPABLE OF DOING THAT. l[b]AST YEAR IS DIFFERENT FROM THIS YEAR[/b]. anything can happen on the field oif play

Thats what Wenger has been telling us for the past 13 years in which Madrid, ManUtd, Barca & Milan hv all won 2 champ lg each. undecided

Lets all have patience. Talk is very very cheap.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by LordReed(m): 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2011
up gunners!!!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by switch47(m): 10:46pm On Feb 17, 2011
renewnaija:

Thats what Wenger has been telling us for the past 13 years in which Madrid, ManUtd, Barca & Milan hv all won 2 champ lg each.  undecided

Lets all have patience. Talk is very very cheap.
  The fact that something has not happened for 13 or even 30 years does not mean it wont ever happen. Talk is cheap yes -Tell that to those saying Barcelona will always beat Arsenal at nou camp. my point is it can go either way. it depends on many factors. Arsenal can win too. Arsenal can qualify. No one can write them off!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by temitope15: 4:23am On Feb 18, 2011
i will always be arsenal for live,
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 18, 2011
Complacency wrecked Barca at Emirates.I'll like a team to bring Barca low in the CL,but obviously the team ain't Arsenal.We all know dat Barca is capable of trashing Arsenal 5 goals to nothing in Camp Nou.Anywayz,I ain't praying 4 that.If my timer was correct,then Gunners never touched the ball from the 30th to the 40th minute.B/4 Arsenal equalised,the pitch was like a training ground.Barca lost cos they felt satisfied with a sole goal.Arsenal doesn't have enough arsenals to bring down Barca.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by ddippset(m): 7:44am On Feb 18, 2011
usbcable:

ddippset,
maka why? You nobrag again. You bragged so tey na CAPITAL LETTERS you wrote with.
well sha the return leg still dey.
ubs, you know my confidence cannot be SHAKEN. i leant something in the past 2 days. there's a popular beef against barca. the madrid guys, the epl guys. what's wrong with football since 03 fans are now so biased and divided along club lines. no one tells the truth any longer. IF MARADONA, PELE, ZIDANE, RONALDO ( NOT THE THE FAKE ONE)  played for arsenal in this generation of ours, chelsea fans barca fans would tell you they're no good. and by the way everyone pretends not to have seen that MESSI'S GOAL was wrongly disallowed. nemesis, some would argue.  BUT WHEN THE DUST HAZE SETTLES IN 3 WEEKS, MY CELEBRATION WOULD BE MORE GLORIUS.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by ddippset(m): 7:51am On Feb 18, 2011
daberechim:

yeah pal, van's goal was INCREDIBLE! i agree. BUT SIR, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT MESSI'S DISALLOWED GOAL. ( incase you missed it u can see it on the net)
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by calddon(m): 11:32am On Feb 18, 2011
wat shall arsenal gain if they win barca @ d emirates n loose @ nou camp grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by calddon(m): 11:33am On Feb 18, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by roymary: 11:33am On Feb 18, 2011
Keep bragging, Stubborn Barca fan!!

Your doom is now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

FA Cup: Southampton Vs Arsenal (0 - 5) On 28th January 2017 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 6) On 23rd October 2011 / Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns')

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.