Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,669 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others (545 Views)

Peter Obi's CCP Economic Model / Achebe’s I Before Others Fairy Tales By S. Kadiri / Why Igbo Economic Model Is The Best In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by laiperi: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
Go to every part of Nigeria and ask about Igbo Economic Model which is as old or older than Nigeria.

Start from Calabar and Rivers to the West and North. This is why other political Party other than NCNC dominated Calabar, Rivers and Issac Boro remain popular in his grave.

Do you know that in the West, Yoruba used to employ Igbo before Yoruba for their hard work and loyalty?

But wait, that is until they gain control of the business.

Yoruba out of greed used to rent to Igbo that offer 3 to 5 years lease before they rent to Yoruba.

It was the last rent the landlord will ever get.

Until Yoruba and Igbo sit down and iron out disagreement and differences, we will never get anywhere.

Why must the disagreement always be about what they WANT in the West: Premier of Western Region, leader of Lagos City Council, VC of Lagos and West universities.

But never made effort or reject intolerance and lack of accommodation to attract others to their communities.

Please do not mention a community leader from the North Alstine that was promoted to Mayor posthumously but whose household was burnt down.

1 Like

Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
laiperi:
Go to every part of Nigeria and ask about Igbo Economic Model which is as old or older than Nigeria.

Start from Calabar and Rivers to the West and North. This is why other political Party other than NCNC dominated Calabar, Rivers and Issac Boro remain popular in his grave.

Do you know that in the West, Yoruba used to employ Igbo before Yoruba for their hard work and loyalty?

Yoruba out of greed used to rent to Igbo that offer 3 to 5 years lease before they rent to Yoruba.

Until Yoruba and Igbo sit down and iron out disagreement and differences, we will never get anywhere.

Why must the disagreement always be about what they WANT in the West: Premier of Western Region, leader of Lagos City Council, VC of Lagos and West universities.

But never made effort or reject intolerance and lack of accommodation to attract others to their communities.

Please do not mention a community leader from the North Alstine that was promoted to Mayor posthumously but whose household was burnt down.
Bros igbos have always and would always want one thing ....that's a level playing ground for everyone to compete

Igbo man can never pay house rent for more than 5 years except something didn't go down well with him ...

Paying rent is not really an Igbo culture ...we prefer to own our houses

They say igbos don't respect our host ...they me one time igbos attacked their host first ...

Truth is if igbos were unsuccessful they would be liked , ...every Nigeria has experience Igbo rawness ... outbidding for a property , taken your preferred girl , moved from nothing to something in your face robbed it in your face , bought your property for a price u felt was cheap ten years later ? Made landlord increase rent so u have to pack out so he takes your shops

None of those things is a crime , success a competitive game ...I laugh when I see outsiders complain about how igbos are competitive I laugh ....those ones in Lagos and outside Igbo land ran from competition ooh
Can u pay 5 million a year for half shop in onitsha were over 2000 people sale the same thing u sale ? Can u ? ...can u compete in ariara market ? ...can u compete when 5000 people sale the same thing u sale ?

The envy is normal ,

5 Likes

Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by laiperi: 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbochief,

Economics 101. You do not throw hard earned money into lower or worthless returns. But you can throw awoof money into unproductive returns.

In another words, do not throw good money after bad money.

This is why you have many unoccupied buildings in Nigeria. The Investments are from looted funds, drug money, rituals money, Abacha money, 419 and kidnappers.

Many Nigerians do all these but not all Nigeria glorify them and even brag about them. The last time, I checked, Hushppupi is a Yoruba man roundly condemned by his people even in the neighborhood he grew up in.

My brother, let us stop beating about the bush, what about tolerance and accommodation in the South East. It costs less money but heavy on attitude.
Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by BlowYourMind: 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yet, still the poverty capital of the south

Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by BrownLondon(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
In this Era of social media, I think Ndigbos in SW should expect more clampdown.

These fools ain't smart at all, what they failed to realise is that we all see their comments on SM, from Twitter to NL to Facebook e.t.c

It's clear they have an evil agenda in SW, perhaps trying to continue from where Nnamdi Azikiwe stopped.

We the new generation read a lot about the atrocities Azikiwe did in SW.

From Being the sole instigator of operation wetie in the Western house.

To his involvement in Awolowo's prosecution.

We learned about how he stopped the movement of FCT away from Lagos despite Action group readiness to provide the funds for the new FCT, thank God for Muritala Muhammed and Babangida for Abuja Sha.....

These guys are so jealous of Lagos, i don't know why, if only they can use the same energy they uses in calling Lagos a no man's land in building a "Lagos in SE"
A certain proeast on NL once said we shouldn't attach Ota, Agbara, Mowe and other industrialized towns on Lagos/Ogun border to SW (how can someone be this obsessed with Lagos?)

Funny enough, these people don't understand body language, despite the attacks, from Eze ndigbo being flogged mercilessly in Akure to Oba Lagos lagoon threat, to closing of their shops to Attacks on election day... What about Relegation of the few political office holders they had.

The last paragraph is a clear message to these people but seems they don't understand body language.

I don't know how someone will come from far away South East to be causing nuisance in SW especially in a country driven by Religion and Tribal sentiment.

Isn't that too much?
Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by mightyhazell: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbos are non violent,non belligerent.. Igbos are one of the tribes that really mind their business and have little or no time for frivolities and the likes..

Igbos will never mass up to attack you for any reasons..

igbos are the most lively and friendly ppl u will come across in Nigeria..

So I really can't fathom why (and where)all this bile is coming (from).

3 Likes

Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by Igboid: 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
mightyhazell:
Igbos are non violent,non belligerent.. Igbos are one of the tribes that really mind their business and have little or no time for frivolities and the likes..

Okika na ese okwu. O na esesi okwu ike.

That's where the bile is coming from.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by laiperi: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
At some point, Ndi-Igbo have to stop hiding behind jealousy, envy, merit etc especially when you cannot patronize yourselves to get rich at home. You have to leave home no matter what you built there.

In America that all of us glorify so much, when you make it there through hard work, you kneel down and give glory to God and the land. Shouting Only In America! You do not claim envy, beat your chest and spit on your hosts as Nigerians do everywhere else from Nigeria to South Africa.

Glorification of Money has infected most Nigerians at the expense of value. There are different ways of making money, even at the risk of your values, pride, culture or sacrificing your own people.

Do not forget that money is just printed paper or promissory note made valueless by inflation.

Even worse, money is now American dollars printed at will outside your country. It can be 1 to 1 today and 1 to 1000 depending on the printer.

So, why worship such nebulous god?

mightyhazell:

Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by BrownLondon(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
mightyhazell:

Are you sure Igbos do mind their business?

Then where is hatred for Tinubu coming from?
Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by proeast(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
laiperi:
[s]Go to every part of Nigeria and ask about Igbo Economic Model which is as old or older than Nigeria.

Please do not mention a community leader from the North Alstine that was promoted to Mayor posthumously but whose household was burnt down.[/s]

Bollocks!!
No sense found!!
No logic made!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by proeast(m): 3:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
[quote author=laiperi post=92808998]Igbochief,

Economics 101. You do not throw hard earned money into lower or worthless returns. But you can throw awoof money into unproductive returns.

In another words, do not throw good money after bad money.

This is why you have many unoccupied buildings in Nigeria. The Investments are from looted funds, drug money, rituals money, Abacha money, 419 and kidnappers.

Many Nigerians do all these but not all Nigeria glorify them and even brag about them. The last time, I checked, Hushppupi is a Yoruba man roundly condemned by his people even in the neighborhood he grew up in.

My brother, let us stop beating about the bush, what about tolerance and accommodation in the South East. It costs less money but heavy on attitude. [quote]

Another statement borne out of ignorance. Travel out of your Hamlet for once and be informed of what goes on in other places. I can bet you that Igboland is far more hospitable than SW. You can ask some of your brothers who served in the East.

Is Lagos even accommodating? A place where a Yoruba man from Ogbomosho will tell an Igboman to go back to his village at every given opportunity, not minding that Lagos is not his own village.

If Igbos can come to your cities and outbid you in buying lands or renting good houses, then what chance do you stand in the East?

Rent in your dilapidated towns are abysmally low because the houses are mostly in bad shape and the few good ones are snapped up by the Igbos who offer to pay good rent. You can't afford to pay higher rents as is obtainable in the East. That is why you guys prefer to stay in your comfort zone than to venture outside. Yet you will go about and be nagging about us not being accommodating.

Funny people.

1 Like

Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by Tochi3(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
proeast:

Bollocks!!
No sense found!!
No logic made!!!

cheesy grin. The emptiness is real.
Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by mightyhazell: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igboid:

Okika na ese okwu. O na esesi okwu ike.
That's where the bile is coming from.
nwanne iji okwu dia..
ahh ahh?

so much bile .. na wa o lol..
Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by mightyhazell: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
BrownLondon:

Are you sure Igbos do mind their business?

Then where is hatred for Tinubu coming from?
You own dey ever pass Tinubi?

Is Tinubu a god that one can't point out his flaws when need arises?

is Tinubu bigger than nnamdi kanu and a host of others u guys sleep and wake up on their matter?

So pointing out one man's flaws has now translated to a whole race being hateful? and u say u don't need your head's examined?
Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by mightyhazell: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
laiperi:
At some point, Ndi-Igbo have to stop hiding behind jealousy, envy, merit etc especially when you cannot patronize yourselves to get rich at home. You have to leave home no matter what you built there.

In America that all of us glorify so much, when you make it there through hard work, you kneel down and give glory to God and the land. Shouting Only In America! You do not claim envy, beat your chest and spit on your hosts as Nigerians do everywhere else from Nigeria to South Africa.

Glorification of Money has infected most Nigerians at the expense of value. There are different ways of making money, even at the risk of your values, pride, culture or sacrificing your own people.

Do not forget that money is just printed paper or promissory note made valueless by inflation.

Even worse, money is now American dollars printed at will outside your country. It can be 1 to 1 today and 1 to 1000 depending on the printer.

So, why worship such nebulous god?

Honestly bro I don't get a single point you making.
Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by BrownLondon(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
mightyhazell:
You own dey ever pass Tinubi?

Is Tinubu a god that one can't point out his flaws when need arises?

is Tinubu bigger than nnamdi kanu and a host of others u guys sleep and wake up on their matter?

So pointing out one man's flaws has now translated to a whole race being hateful? and u say u don't need your head's examined?
I was only highlighting your point where you said Igbos mind their business.

Where is the hatred for Tinubu coming from?
Re: Why Ndi-igbo Economic Model Is I Before Others by Millsavvy(m): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2023
BrownLondon:

I was only highlighting your point where you said Igbos mind their business.

Where is the hatred for Tinubu coming from?
Tinubu is hated by many tribes not just igbos, but I see you choose to make it an Igbo thing!
Note- igbos do not support rubbish , history will tell you that every candidate igbos ever voted for did well ….
Obasanjo, yaradua, Jonathan !
We support candidates that will build the nation, so our businesses will thrive, we don’t care about tribal sentiments, unlike other tribes that would prefer their worst criminal rule Nigeria rather than a good leader from another tribe !!

igbos love progress and and will always support progress! We love level playing ground, we love to work for our money , we are not interested in receiving free money and free food from the government, we want to earn our money and buy what we want !!!

All I see is envy !
What is the economy looking like today ?
What’s the value of the naira today ?
How much is fuel today ?
After all the money spent to revive the refinery! Not a single crude is refined ..

What happened to crude swap?
What happened to naira - yuan swap agreement with China
We use dollar to buy from a country that uses yuan , does it make sense to you?
We have refused to go from consumption to production!!!
You lots would rather have a dead economy than have an Igbo president!!!
Where is the wisdom Lol …

Igbos are Nigerians, we have the liberty to live and thrive in any state in Nigeria, leave your huts and go round and experience other cultures and ethnic groups!!!
Yoruba non-lagosians are the ones always saying go back to your state, are you even in your state ?

You want us to go back to our states but you want to go to another man’s country 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

If I pay tax in lagos, I have the right to vote in any candidate I deem fit!!!
Stop taking taxes from igbos so they can stay off lagos politics. You want our money but you don’t want us to vote !!!!

You are just jealous and bile 🤣🤣🤣🤣… we will keep coming to lagos to make money until your wicked government opens all the sea ports in the south east and south south !

Till then expect us in our luxurious bus loads , we go rush in steady bringing in our apprentices and raising more billionaires, buying more houses and pushing y’all toward ogun state.

Better double your hustle so you can compete, instead of crying steady …

Work harder and outshine the igbos… we love healthy competition.. bring it on …

We do not support violence- we don’t attack, we defend !!!! We will never attack our host except you attack first !! We have business and assets, so we love peace !
A man that have nothing always want to fight!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hausa/fulani: We Are Indigenes Of Southern Kaduna / Video: Abuja Man Screams For Help As Flood Washes Him Away / Sowore Says: New Constitution By "We The People" With Referendum To Come - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.